Radio listeners 157+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 Genesis Pro

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Si Thompson This looks good. Can't wait until it's out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QF--LJ3JREQ&t=107s
DJ_FunDaBounce I actually used the free Computer Music version on a few tracks back when I still used 32-bit Cubase 5. The supersaws were crunchy as heck.

yes, the 1euro price seems unbeatable and definitely inviting.
Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by DJ_FunDaBounce:
I actually used the free Computer Music version on a few tracks back when I still used 32-bit Cubase 5. The supersaws were crunchy as heck.

yes, the 1euro price seems unbeatable and definitely inviting.

Inviting? It's a no brainer. This could be amazing!
MusicILove Although I am stepping back from production this is worth it. This might rekindle my love of it as the main issue I have is with Soundesign.

DJ_FunDaBounce
quote:
Originally posted by MusicILove:
Although I am stepping back from production this is worth it. This might rekindle my love of it as the main issue I have is with Soundesign.

If you learn your basic ADSR envelopes and how they relate to amplitude and filters, plus a bit of knowledge on oscillators, that's a huge step in the direction of fine tuning any preset to your liking.
DJ_FunDaBounce

@2:00

...drools...
Si Thompson Apparently, it's coming out 20th/21st.
LeVzi Well its been in development for 8 years or so, apparently its 32bit only, and well yeah its a no brainer for a euro, but we will see if its a game changer like he claims.

Won't be on mac either I think, its made with an early version of Synthedit, at least thats whats on display in the video.
MusicILove Oh well. I just took my studio setup down and turned it back in to a computer / gaming setup. KRK?s are back with the CDJ?s.

My synthesiser, midi keyboard and sound card have gone back in their boxes.

Impulse_Response How is he only charging 1 Euro for this? Definitely a no brainer.
LeVzi At that price, if 100,000 people buy it, he's made 100,000 dollars. If a million get it, he's made a million.

I get that.

I just hope it lives up to the hype. People say who cares for a dollar, but it would be pretty annoying if it's utter crap even for a dollar.
LeVzi It's been confirmed, it IS 32bit windows only.

So not the deal everyone was hoping for.

If it bridges, I might get it but I don;t like using non 64bit plugins these days as my host Cubase doesnt like them.
Si Thompson I have no choice but to bridge, if it even works. Cubase won't accept 32bit stuff anymore.
LeVzi Same here so I am hoping jbridge works with it.
Si Thompson Released on my birthday. 12th March 2020.

I was chatting with Hattrixx earlier and I'm not as excited as I first was. I hope there is a 64bit option on release day.

LeVzi The dev has already said its 32bit and windows only. It won't be 64bit ever as some of the modules he used , the devs for them are no longer bothering.

Could cost upwards of 25k to port it.
Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by LeVzi:
The dev has already said its 32bit and windows only. It won't be 64bit ever as some of the modules he used , the devs for them are no longer bothering.

Could cost upwards of 25k to port it.

Load of wank.
LeVzi Well he started making it 8 years ago, and used Synth Edit modules that never got updated when Synthedit did. And the people who created the modules are no longer doing it apparently so he'd have to pay coders to port the modules to 64bit.

It will bridge, but wont be a massive release. I'll get it for a Euro.
Si Thompson
quote:
Well he started making it 8 years ago, and used Synth Edit modules that never got updated when Synthedit did. And the people who created the modules are no longer doing it apparently so he'd have to pay coders to port the modules to 64bit.

Same. A euro is nothing.
DJ_FunDaBounce
quote:
Originally posted by Si Thompson:
quote:
Well he started making it 8 years ago, and used Synth Edit modules that never got updated when Synthedit did. And the people who created the modules are no longer doing it apparently so he'd have to pay coders to port the modules to 64bit.

Same. A euro is nothing.

Please let us know how stable it is, guys. Currently my system is pretty solid. don't want to bring in a new element that throws it off. The 1 euro/32-bit ordeal makes me think he's a one man army. No propper support like the big developers.
Si Thompson
quote:
quote:
quote:

Same. A euro is nothing.

Please let us know how stable it is, guys. Currently my system is pretty solid. don't want to bring in a new element that throws it off. The 1 euro/32-bit ordeal makes me think he's a one man army. No propper support like the big developers.

I may hang back for a few days after its release and see what other people have to say about it.
LeVzi I am pretty certain it will bridge, and Joao will work on it until it works properly. Apparently the only issues with bridging could be it's GUI, but I am sure they'll work to fix it.

Si Thompson Register NOW.

Si Thompson 4 days to go. Here is another sound demo. Some really nice presets.

Si Thompson Can't even get on the site to buy this.
LeVzi Its a huge failure apparently. So many bugs and issues, his web store keeps crashing, and it wont bridge properly.

I am not remotely suprised tbh, even for 1 euro, its a failed project he cant fix cos it took 8 years to make with modules that simply do NOT work anymore.

He's a shit dev imo. I wont even pay a euro for it unless he actually pays someone to patch up the programming.

Destroys the reps of proper vst devs.
LeVzi I got it working, and tbh it's absolutely nothing special at all.

I find it pretty basic tbh.

Synth1 is just as capable.
Si Thompson
quote:
I got it working, and tbh it's absolutely nothing special at all.

I find it pretty basic tbh.

Synth1 is just as capable.

I'll see what I think later when I download it to the studio computer.
DJ Bounce I like it.
LeVzi For a quid there is nothing to complain about, apart from the fact it doesn't work properly. lol
Si Thompson
quote:
For a quid there is nothing to complain about, apart from the fact it doesn't work properly. lol

So you managed to get it to bridge then? I take it you used JBridge?
Si Thompson Anyone got it working on Cubase? The DAW isn't picking it up for me.
DJ Bounce
quote:
Anyone got it working on Cubase? The DAW isn't picking it up for me.

There's issues with it bridging to Cubase etc I believe. It works fine in 32bit in FL, bit laggy. There's an update due in around 4 weeks.
Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Bounce:
quote:

There's issues with it bridging to Cubase etc I believe. It works fine in 32bit in FL, bit laggy. There's an update due in around 4 weeks.

FACK SAKE.

Cheers, Bounce. I'll keep an eye out for it.
LeVzi
quote:

Its working fine in Cubase for me, which version of Cbase you using ? And what version of jbridge ?
Guest cubase and FL suck. use reaper and have full control over anything related to midi
Si Thompson
quote:
quote:

Its working fine in Cubase for me, which version of Cbase you using ? And what version of jbridge ?

Missed this post. I was running Cubase 9, but didn't know I had a license and version 10 ready to download following a grace period. Anyway, I upgraded to the latest version 10.5 a couple of weeks ago when the Steinberg sale was on.

I still have this plug-in downloaded, but not installed. What J Bridge have you used?
DJ_FunDaBounce Loads of hype at the beginning of the year over this.

Any updates/reviews?

Si Thompson
quote:
Loads of hype at the beginning of the year over this.

Any updates/reviews?

It's literally just sat there in my downloads on the studio computer. I was hoping a 64bit update was coming.
LeVzi He's said its unlikely there will ever be a 64bit version, as most of the SE modules were written years ago, and they won't be updated. So Genesis was probably the biggest load of hype for nothing, I never use it tbh.
Si Thompson
quote:
He's said its unlikely there will ever be a 64bit version, as most of the SE modules were written years ago, and they won't be updated. So Genesis was probably the biggest load of hype for nothing, I never use it tbh.

What did you use to bridge it?
LeVzi
quote:
quote:
He's said its unlikely there will ever be a 64bit version, as most of the SE modules were written years ago, and they won't be updated. So Genesis was probably the biggest load of hype for nothing, I never use it tbh.

jbridge, sorry I didnt see your post either lol

Its version 1.75 I am currently using.
LeVzi
quote:
Loads of hype at the beginning of the year over this.

Any updates/reviews?

tbh it is a good synth with so much promise, but because it's been in development for 8 years, modules in Synthedit are no longer updated, so it won't go 64bit. Also, it's buggy as fk for many.

But it does have a lush sound.
Si Thompson
quote:
quote:
quote:

jbridge, sorry I didnt see your post either lol

Its version 1.75 I am currently using.

Sound. Will have a blast with that. See if I can get it going.

It took 2.12 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page