Radio listeners 190+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Hardcore Heaven 6

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
GrahamC Just did a google to see if there was any more news on HH6 and found this vid which seems to indicate Haywire might be involved!

Alex Threat Yeah, i saw this video yesterday on FB. I'm personally really looking forward to HH6! I'm hoping for fresh tunes from Macks Wolf & Jakka-B, not just some of their latest tracks / remixes that are already out
LeVzi Vinyl scratching on hardcore, that was refreshing.
trippnface Admittedly, not keen on either of them , generally.

Will probably pick up to support, but might not be too pleased with some of the tracks. Who knows though, maybe I am in for a surprise.

Def needs to be some fresh unheard stuff though, with as little hardcore as there is, I am sure most of us have already bought damn near everything. We need NEW toons!
Sulphurik
quote:
Originally posted by Alex Threat:
Yeah, i saw this video yesterday on FB. I'm personally really looking forward to HH6! I'm hoping for fresh tunes from Macks Wolf & Jakka-B, not just some of their latest tracks / remixes that are already out

Yes looking forward to this also, haven't seen a tracklisting yet. Anyone know a release date?
Alex Threat
quote:
Originally posted by Sulphurik:
quote:
Yeah, i saw this video yesterday on FB. I'm personally really looking forward to HH6! I'm hoping for fresh tunes from Macks Wolf & Jakka-B, not just some of their latest tracks / remixes that are already out

Yes looking forward to this also, haven't seen a tracklisting yet. Anyone know a release date?

No, me either. I would imagine it will be June or July? I hope earlier but I suppose it depends how far down the line the project is, from when they announced it
MusicILove My prediction.

They will announce it today or tomorrow. With the digital files made available at 12 - 1 AM the following day.

I'm really happy to see a new instalment. Love the series so much.

Going through all the tracks have made me realise the albums that I previously thought weren't as good are really, really good.

Still a shame about the radio edits. It's made todays mix extremely challenging.

Oh well. I enjoy the challange.
Alex Threat I hope you're right with that prediction mate.

I'm the same, love the series. Is it just the later installments that have radio edits in? I have only used a couple of tracks off 4 and 5 for mixes.
MusicILove
quote:
I hope you're right with that prediction mate.

I'm the same, love the series. Is it just the later installments that have radio edits in? I have only used a couple of tracks off 4 and 5 for mixes.

There are radio edits in every one except volume 2. Just to clarify I know Al Storm will say it's not a radio edit because he didn't specifically edit them but what I mean is they are not dj friendly. Or have endings that don't contain a beat.

This makes it extremely hard to mix with or means you have to do a cut transition which I am not a fan of. I prefer to have full intros and outros and wish more tracks were like the old ones.

Also the clashing. OMG the Clashing. Seems like almost every track is made with the same sample pack.

Not that I'm complaining about the tracks they are great I love the music I just wish they were easier to work with as a DJ. I would play some of them a lot more if I was able to do without such challenges. I also feel they deserve more play time but again they aren't easy to play.

Here is my list of what I would call radio edits.

Hardcore Heaven 1
MOB & Enemy feat. Nina - Iron Heart (HH Edit)
Stonebank - Who's Got Your Love

Hardcore Heaven 3
Fracus & Darwin - Share This Love

Hardcore Heaven 4
Al Storm & Euphony Feat. Laelia - Life In The Air
Michael Mansion vs Rob IYF & Al Storm - Rise Above
Al Storm & Euphony Feat Laelia - Like It Like That (Hardcore Heaven VIP Mix)
Al Storm & Euphony Feat. Laelia - Never Loved Me
Hixxy - Wanting To Get High (Al Storm & Rob IYF Remix)

Hardcore Heaven 5
Fracus & Darwin Vs. Macks Wolf - Hold On To The Fire (HH5 Intro Mix)
Al Storm - The Noisemaker Is Back (Hardcore Heaven Intro Mix)
Euphony - Welcome To The Rave
Al Storm & Euphony - Where's Your Head At (Rob IYF 2019 VIP)
The Watchmen - Take On The World (Hardcore Heaven Remix)
Al Storm & Euphony Feat Laelia - Water In The Flame
MusicILove I apologise I haven't had time yet to check out your Hardcore Heaven mix.

Releasing 1 mix a day is extremely challenging especially as I'm having to spend more time getting creative to make the tracks work. Also my perfectionism.

Only 2 more days left (Unless they release 6) Then I will definitely give it a listen

I'm interested to see what you picked.
Alex Threat Ah, it isn't a problem at all! I get what you mean with the edits though, i think i also noticed one of the UFO tracks could be an edit on the HH album, compared to the full release on 24/7. I am certain it is about 30secs shorter. I can't remember what track it is, but i am going to use it in my next mix i think
kazukism92
quote:
Originally posted by MusicILove:
quote:
I hope you're right with that prediction mate.

There are radio edits in every one except volume 2. Just to clarify I know Al Storm will say it's not a radio edit because he didn't specifically edit them but what I mean is they are not dj friendly. Or have endings that don't contain a beat.

This makes it extremely hard to mix with or means you have to do a cut transition which I am not a fan of. I prefer to have full intros and outros and wish more tracks were like the old ones.

Also the clashing. OMG the Clashing. Seems like almost every track is made with the same sample pack.

Not that I'm complaining about the tracks they are great I love the music I just wish they were easier to work with as a DJ. I would play some of them a lot more if I was able to do without such challenges. I also feel they deserve more play time but again they aren't easy to play.

Here is my list of what I would call radio edits.

Hardcore Heaven 1
MOB & Enemy feat. Nina - Iron Heart (HH Edit)
Stonebank - Who's Got Your Love

Hardcore Heaven 3
Fracus & Darwin - Share This Love

Hardcore Heaven 4
Al Storm & Euphony Feat. Laelia - Life In The Air
Michael Mansion vs Rob IYF & Al Storm - Rise Above
Al Storm & Euphony Feat Laelia - Like It Like That (Hardcore Heaven VIP Mix)
Al Storm & Euphony Feat. Laelia - Never Loved Me

Hardcore Heaven 5
Fracus & Darwin Vs. Macks Wolf - Hold On To The Fire (HH5 Intro Mix)
Al Storm - The Noisemaker Is Back (Hardcore Heaven Intro Mix)
Euphony - Welcome To The Rave
Al Storm & Euphony - Where's Your Head At (Rob IYF 2019 VIP)
The Watchmen - Take On The World (Hardcore Heaven Remix)
Al Storm & Euphony Feat Laelia - Water In The Flame

Discard of VIP Intros, and add this to the package. Hixxy - Wanting To Get High (Al Storm & Rob IYF Remix).
MusicILove Oh yeah. I delete things I wont play and I didn't like that track so I completely forgot about it.

List updated.
MusicILove It looks like I was wrong.

Next month then. I know they like to release stuff around pet day for those that work.

I still can?t wait although I am a little Cautious of Jakka B.

But I?ll give it a try.
Craigavon raver
quote:
Originally posted by LeVzi:
Vinyl scratching on hardcore, that was refreshing.

Yeah and it sounded good to! heres hoping!
MusicILove Looks like tonight at 9 PM BST we get more info.
Vladel This has released now, just having a listen.
kazukism92 So, since HU does have problems to ship stuff to Chile for a long time. Anyone wants to help me to cover this album?

PS: the tracklist for Disc 1 seems to be madness, Disc 2 mid upfront, mid known. Anyone did take care that Hit 'Em Like This is appeared once again.
Vladel Ok had a run through it now and i pretty much think this is Hardcore heaven 6 ( for the first disk and 50% kinda pop music ) not as attractive a title i know but it's bloody sad state of affairs when HARDCORE underground submits to the 160 Bpm crowd. We are truely f**ked.

I'll be over there listening to Re-style and korsakoff not because i'm going off Uk hardcore but because no one makes it anymore.
MusicILove Mix 1 isn?t going to fit on CD :)
Vladel
quote:
Originally posted by MusicILove:
Mix 1 isn?t going to fit on CD :)

They could take off all the 160BPM crap and put some of it on disk 2
MusicILove I will post a review tomorrow.
Sulphurik
quote:
Originally posted by kazukism92:
So, since HU does have problems to ship stuff to Chile for a long time. Anyone wants to help me to cover this album?

PS: the tracklist for Disc 1 seems to be madness, Disc 2 mid upfront, mid known. Anyone did take care that Hit 'Em Like This is appeared once again.

Yeah noticed Hit ?Em Like This is on it.
Alex Threat Just bought it and the Chwhynny artist album. Just going through the HH6 CD2, looks like there are quite a few older / already released tracks. Shame as I was hoping for new music
Alex Threat Looks like one of the files is corrupt as i can't open or rename it. And the Chwhynny deluxe download appears to be missing a track!
trippnface both discs are 160?

I think it's pretty clear the 160 route is clearly not the way forward. Really, really disappointing.

As Vladel stated, I definitely would have went / featured some re style / faster like music, which is far more fitting and more likely to entice a larger crowd. I don't get why once again , the appeal is geared toward an unpopular and rather dull side genre.
robertybob Having listened to the Disc 1 previews up on Soundcloud, I won't be rushing out to buy this (although I will do eventually just to add to the collection of HU albums). 20% of the disc is remixes of old tracks and I personally don't think any of the remixes improve on the originals.

On a side note, I am willing to bet my left testicle that Maxi Malone uses Fracus to, at the very least, engineer his tracks.
kazukism92 Listened the previews (some) but I can say that
Disc 1: Sick stuff, updates or VIP from the last decade. Fresh collaborations and more Fracus & Darwin as stand alone. Miss it.
Disc 2: 160 BPM BANGERS, I only hope that could be mixed at 165 or 170 due "Chasing The Sun" anthem.
Vladel
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
both discs are 160?

I think it's pretty clear the 160 route is clearly not the way forward. Really, really disappointing.

As Vladel stated, I definitely would have went / featured some re style / faster like music, which is far more fitting and more likely to entice a larger crowd. I don't get why once again , the appeal is geared toward an unpopular and rather dull side genre.

The first disk is 170bpm and disk 2 is around 60% 160 Bpm
whittle1 Purchased and listened to a few times over the weekend. It's the same story as with a few previous HH's - Fracus & Darwin disc has a selection of outstanding original tracks mixed in with some tired remixes we keep hearing over and over again. And of course, disc 2 is just underwhelming as has been the trend for a while now. I will say this though; because I'm not sure that many people actually realise it, but each previous version of Hardcore Heaven (including this one) has featured a different artist on CD 2 each time and that's perfect because I don't think they've found that standout artist yet who should prominently feature alongside F&D. Can we have Jakazid next? Despite my criticisms I do still believe it's the best Hardcore compilation out there today. Overall, an above average entry in the Hardcore Heaven series.
Impulse_Response
quote:
Looks like one of the files is corrupt as i can't open or rename it. And the Chwhynny deluxe download appears to be missing a track!

I downloaded the Chwhynny album yesterday and the deluxe component is missing two tracks: I Am and Still I Am.

Samination They cater to the american audience rather than the european (more compatibly one)
GrahamC
quote:
Originally posted by whittle1:
because I'm not sure that many people actually realise it, but each previous version of Hardcore Heaven (including this one) has featured a different artist on CD 2 each time and that's perfect because I don't think they've found that standout artist yet who should prominently feature alongside F&D.

That's not true, Al Storm did 4 & 5 and was fantastic on both. I was surprised to see he wasn't on 6 TBH or that they didn't make it a 3 disc set.
Alex Threat 3 disc set could have been a great idea. Especially if the 3rd disc was like you've said, Al Storm / 24/7 stuff
Craigavon raver Just ordered my copy there now alomg with chywynny album, bit disappointed with some of the comments though, as I've only heard 2 clips of this and really liked the sound of it and was hoping for a really good edition, wasn't really expecting 160 bpm stuff, well just have to listen to it all to find out for myself
Vladel Might as well have David Guetta do the next one because this was less hardcore heaven and more like Hardcore middle ground with guest Dregs mix.
Sulphurik One track was expecting to see on this album was Hixxy - Deep in the night (Jakka-B remix), sounds much better than the Heavens Above remix.
warped_candykid Why are people accepting this notion that 160 bpm is UK Hardcore? This is like 2000-2002 all over again with artists making the 160 bpm tracks.

I'm just surprised HU would give in to this.
warped_candykid
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
They cater to the american audience rather than the european (more compatibly one)

I'm in the States and I dislike this "160 bpm is UK Hardcore" idea. It's just a cash grab into the Hardstyle scene.
Impulse_Response
quote:
They cater to the american audience rather than the european (more compatibly one)

Is there that much of an audience here?
Torpex Not a fan of 160, but to me "happy hard" (whichever strain, flavour or era you pick) has always worked well pitched up. Not all 160 tracks sound great at 180, but some do. I'd prefer if everyone sticked to 165+.

I think the current diversity is great though. If you like pre-2010 ukhc, there's plenty of that sound around now. Newer quirkier stuff with minimal drops and the like - lots that too. Bick kick - sure. Freeform - yeah. Hard dance / hardstyle crossovers, not need to look far.

I'm honestly baffled when people claim the sound has fundamentally changed, it's not for them any more etc. Which sound? Have you looked elsewhere?

Same with this album. Ok, so here's a slower, more hard dance influenced installment. That's cool, I'm sure the next one will be different in some way. Or not. There's plenty of alternatives.
warped_candykid
quote:
Originally posted by Impulse_Response:
quote:

Is there that much of an audience here?

The newbies only know three artists here: S3RL, Darren Styles, & Gammer.
Entity CD1 is 160? That's interesting considering I've got a track that runs at 170-175 in the mix, and then another at the ends that brings it up to 200. I need to stress I've not heard the mix yet.
martinj1985 Might have a look into this , shame they never have a freeform disk
Vladel
quote:
Originally posted by Entity:
CD1 is 160? That's interesting considering I've got a track that runs at 170-175 in the mix, and then another at the ends that brings it up to 200. I need to stress I've not heard the mix yet.

The tracks on disk 1 are all at adequate speed as far as I remember, disk 2 is 50% pop music I.e 160 BPM. I don't know if it's mixed faster as I tend not to listen to the mixes.
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Torpex:
I think the current diversity is great though. If you like pre-2010 ukhc, there's plenty of that sound around now. Newer quirkier stuff with minimal drops and the like - lots that too. Bick kick - sure. Freeform - yeah. Hard dance / hardstyle crossovers, not need to look far.

While I haven't listened to HH5 or HH6, but I doubt the diversity in the selection of tracks are any bigger than HH1-4, which i do own and is one of the reason I haven't bought 5 or 6 yet. I'm not the target audience anymore, and with CDJay's lack of responses to this forum, which has 9 out of 10 ALWAYS had his back, I doubt I will ever become a customer to Hardcore Underground again. With the exception of imports perhaps, but with their policy of not selling CDs (which they broke themselves within a month or so), I'll guess that bit wont happen either

Entity: considering both your tracks are listed as "HH6 mixes", could the have been edited without your involvement? The 2 tracks before your last track appears to have normal speeds of 173 and 176 BPM, so i doubt they'd pitch so many tracks down for the mix
AWal
quote:
tracks are listed as "HH6 mixes"

Take that term with a grain of salt, as from what I can tell, many of the tracks that carry that term are remarkably similar to their non "HH6 Mix" versions.

Reminds me of Out of Sight on UK Dance 2, and how the vinyl, "World's Greatest Hardcore" album and digital bundle EP versions were all just slightly different from each other.

It can be annoying, for completionist's sake...

tenfold234 Any know if Darwin plans on releasing Another Life on Brutal Kuts as a standalone. I really, really want this tune. It brings me back to the joy of what hardcore was (ala 2000's Next Generation). But I don't wanna pick up the whole album for just one 1 though.

quote:
I downloaded the Chwhynny album yesterday and the deluxe component is missing two tracks: I Am and Still I Am.

I mentioned this to HU on facebook and they said they are on it.
Vladel I don't care what songs they could be, there's no way to save that album. I think the reason I hated this iteration more than any other is that the original concept of hardcore heaven was just that. If you look at the early events in the 90's, it was happy hardcore and gabber, none of the other shit that was what made it stand aside from helter skelter. Fast forward to now and we have half a disk of pop music. Don't get me wrong, there are at least three 160 Bpm tracks i like and that's ok but it's not hardcore so i don't think HU has a basis here for the branding especially when you consider the knocking CDjay gave the dubcore posse back in the day.

In my view, HU have capitulated in the worst way. I can't say sold out because there is no money in hardcore 160 or beyond but they have betrayed their principles and worse than that, taken the hardcore heaven brand down with them.

I know the options are limited and our genre is in it's death throws right now but Jakka B and Macks wolf? it's light buying the mustang with the eco-boost engine, all well and good but not what i signed up for.

CDjay needs to take back the helm and right the ship or shut this shit-show down.
MusicILove I am finally going to give this a proper listen today. Disc one is at 175BPM and above. :)

Disc 2 at the start is at 160BPM. Although I really don?t like the slow stuff I will give it a try.
trippnface
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:

I know the options are limited and our genre is in it's death throws right now but Jakka B and Macks wolf? it's light buying the mustang with the eco-boost engine, all well and good but not what i signed up for.

CDjay needs to take back the helm and right the ship or shut this shit-show down.

Give disc 2 to Re-Style and let's call it a day
Vladel
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:

Give disc 2 to Re-Style and let's call it a day

Now that would be hardcore heaven.
Craig Cairney If there's a silver lining for the people that didn't enjoy this HH, all I'll say is there's a crazy amount of albums pencilled in for the remainder of the year. That if all things work out, will revitalise the genre. Well, I hope. But there's a lot coming that will definitely please some of the more jaded fans. I don't think people will be complaining too much about 160bpm Hardcore soon. ;)

Samination If that's true, how come Xtreme Hardcore finally failed? It started to dip down to 160BPM as well?
Sure, the drumstep phase was about to die too, so (UK) Hardcore is basically in the same stinking drench once again...
Rodz90 I'm not really sure the genre deserves success or widespread appeal.

It's such a divided scene, with so many different artists despising each other (top boys vs up and comers, little support for new artists, label wars). There's no unity and thankfully nobody pushing it forward in any great amount anymore.

I effectively classify it as dead now anyway; barely any events, very little money to be had, one or two new albums a year. It's a bit of a joke compared to bigger scenes in the EDM community. Looking at psy trance or dubstep makes me laugh since I would have never imagined them becoming as big as they have, yet the size of the audience for those genres is massive compared to happy hardcore.

Let's hope the nail hits the coffin next year and all of you guys can move on with your lives. Join smoogie with hard house or something else equally shit.
Samination Or turn it into a internet music. That's how s3rl is thriving if I'm not mistaken, and some of the freeform artists.
trippnface
quote:
Originally posted by Rodz90:
I'm not really sure the genre deserves success or widespread appeal.

It's such a divided scene, with so many different artists despising each other (top boys vs up and comers, little support for new artists, label wars). There's no unity and thankfully nobody pushing it forward in any great amount anymore.

I effectively classify it as dead now anyway; barely any events, very little money to be had, one or two new albums a year. It's a bit of a joke compared to bigger scenes in the EDM community. Looking at psy trance or dubstep makes me laugh since I would have never imagined them becoming as big as they have, yet the size of the audience for those genres is massive compared to happy hardcore.

Let's hope the nail hits the coffin next year and all of you guys can move on with your lives. Join smoogie with hard house or something else equally shit.

psytrance is sooo massive rn.

no hand holding, never caved in, never backed down.

happy hardcore scene, TAKE A HINT
Samination
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Rodz90:
I'm not really sure the genre deserves success or widespread appeal.

psytrance is sooo massive rn.

no hand holding, never caved in, never backed down.

happy hardcore scene, TAKE A HINT

so back to taking drugs again, huh?
LeVzi
quote:
Originally posted by Craig Cairney:
If there's a silver lining for the people that didn't enjoy this HH, all I'll say is there's a crazy amount of albums pencilled in for the remainder of the year. That if all things work out, will revitalise the genre. Well, I hope. But there's a lot coming that will definitely please some of the more jaded fans. I don't think people will be complaining too much about 160bpm Hardcore soon. ;)

How many times have I heard that promised.

There is no winning formula to getting hardcore popular again. Everything has been tried and failed.

People will release what they think is good and it will be liked or not by the fans.

I saw a live stream the other day, young girl DJ'ing playing 90's core with her ( I assume ) boyfriend on the mic. She played non stop vocal cheese from the 90's, which made me cringe, but there were loads of listeners. And of course the modern MC approach of never knowing when to shut up and when to speak. But saying that, more people embracing the old days the better, because all 90's hardcore is not really going to go down well live anymore, but there to be learned from.
GrahamC So my CDs turned up, exactly when HU said they would! I'm in shock!

Unfortunately they have gone back to those fold out cases which look cool but it would be better if the bits the discs clip onto were properly glued to the cardboard. Both dropped off within 30 seconds of me opening it :(

What happened to using a good old jewel case?
rafferty What I find amusing with this whole thread is so many people on here are moaning about two of the most upfront Hardcore producers in the scene being on Hardcore Heaven 6.

While I am not really a fan of 160 Hardcore. The level of production with the newer styles of Hardcore have gone up tenfold.

Here is a simple fact. The CD release of Hardcore Heaven 6 SOLD OUT!! To me if something sells out it is resonating with the public and pretty good. People simply aren't listening to your complaints that Hardcore should sound the same as the 2000's. They are buying it and enjoying.

The scene is dead everywhere because of covid. But Hardcore itself is going through a transition. Some will like others don't.

The direction I see it going in is heavily Dutch influenced.
Hardstyle and Uptempo Hardcore productions seem to be popping up everywhere in UK Hardcore as well as EDM style pianos and riffs from 90s house and Hip Hop.

The bigger scenes we can all see are influencing UK Hardcore, where production rules are going out the window.
The days where every track has to sound like Raver Baby or Freeform are long gone. Everyone is trying different things.

robertybob
quote:
Originally posted by rafferty:

Here is a simple fact. The CD release of Hardcore Heaven 6 SOLD OUT!! To me if something sells out it is resonating with the public and pretty good. People simply aren't listening to your complaints that Hardcore should sound the same as the 2000's. They are buying it and enjoying.

The CD sold out because only 500 copies were made, I am positive that all other volumes had two or three times that produced (hence why physical copies were frequently in the HU Store sales for 5-10 quid), which would prove the point that the scene is on it's arse and the market has shrunk.
Samination and the scene was dead before covid19 even hit the world
rafferty
quote:
and the scene was dead before covid19 even hit the world

I just think the scene is dead for people who are still stuck in the past with the old Freeform and Trance style Hardcore.
There are more people producing Hardcore than ever from what I have seen.

Impulse_Response
quote:
quote:

I just think the scene is dead for people who are still stuck in the past with the old Freeform and Trance style Hardcore.

There may be more producers for all I know, but that doesn't help if they produce garbage. I can scroll through classic labels and like most of what I hear. I scroll through upfront releases and it takes an hour to find a track I sort of like.

I'm a newcomer from around 2011, so nostalgia doesn't play into it for me.
LeVzi
quote:
quote:

There maybe more people producing it, but they are all churning out the same tired old stuff that everyone else did over the last few years.

Flogging a dead horse springs to mind.
trippnface picked this up the other night. i'd say it's worth a buy.

Some stand out tracks :

Disc 1 ) Fracus & Haywire - another life.

Maxi Malone - not where you left me

Fracus & AoS - I want more

Some other top favorites, but basically already had them :

Here comes the dreamer, for your love, love comes back ( remix), will you hold me .

Disc 2 )

Jakka B - chasing the sun

Technikore stay forever ( macks wolf remix)

Adam Harris - heavens abouve 2020 ( jakka B remix)

bass modulators - oxygen ( kutski remix)

grabbed TIHU2 as well, gunna go thru that next.

It took 3.42 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page