Radio listeners 179+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - track ID request
 Ham/Demo/Time - Here I Am

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Hallucyn8 Not so much an ID request as a request for confirmation and/or information...

I've got a copy of Wow - What A Rush!! https://www.discogs.com/Various-Wow-What-A-Rush/release/53470 that includes a version of Here I Am by Ham, Demo & Justin Time labelled as "Ham's Update".

Ham seems to have done various updates of this track released either on Just Another Label or JAL Premium in particular one in 2005 and one in 2006. The 2006 version, which I have found on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHDsV7B8WeY, seems to be the same as the update released on the album above but the album was released in 1999.

Can anyone shed any light on this? Was it just renamed as the 2006 update because it actually got a full release in 2006 or could it be that the version on the YouTube video is actually not the 2006 update? Or is there just a subtle difference between the two that I haven't picked up on?
Samination I got both versions (the 2005 was on IMOdownload and the 2006 version came out on the shortlived JAL bundle on HU's store)

They are the same version.

Edit: Seems like I've deleted the imodownload copy. Even though the JAL bundle was in wave, the quality was still taken from the mp3 so it's just slightly better...

The 2005 version originally didnt have any catnr attached to it (the catnr on discogs was added later).

Havent heard the WoW version, but I doubt it's the same version, unless the 2005 only contains slight touch-ups compared to the 1999 version, but it sounds way too 2004-2005 to have been on a 1999 album
Si Thompson There's the following

- Original 1996 Mix

- 1997 Brisk Remixes

(Analogue Mix)

(Breakbeat Mix)

- 2005/2006 Remix (Both the same track)

The Ham update on 'WOW What A Rush' is another mix. I will upload the full track to my YouTube when I get chance, as it doesn't seem to be on there.

Anyway, for those wondering, Slipmatt plays it @ 32:52 on this set I uploaded the other day.

Hallucyn8 Thanks guys, that clears that up. It was the YouTube link that was titled as the 2006 version that threw me off as it's actually the 1999 version and the fact that the 2005 and 2006 versions are actually the same which I didn't know.
Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by Hallucyn8:
Thanks guys, that clears that up. It was the YouTube link that was titled as the 2006 version that threw me off as it's actually the 1999 version and the fact that the 2005 and 2006 versions are actually the same which I didn't know.

Yes. I've added a comment to that video. The person that's uploaded it has incorrectly titled it.
Samination there's a few tracks on WOW2 that I was supposed to get on the JAL bundle... Especially the Pleasure and Pain track :(
Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
there's a few tracks on WOW2 that I was supposed to get on the JAL bundle... Especially the Pleasure and Pain track :(

I had the vinyl as a present for Christmas 2000. In the week I ordered the CD for 2 pound 50 including postage.

There's copies available at a cheap price.
https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/53470
Si Thompson My WOW2 CD arrived. Happy with the purchase. One mixed CD and the other unmixed.
Si Thompson I've uploaded 'Ham's Update' with correct title.

It took 0.89 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page