Radio listeners 170+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 Cubase is going Dongle-less

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
LeVzi Steinberg are finally dumping the dongle.

but

the fear is they are going subscription based.
Triquatra Not sure it makes much difference to me, I'm still using 5.5!
LeVzi Any Cubase needs the dongle, unless your 5.5 isn't using any dongle, ala VR.
Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
Not sure it makes much difference to me, I'm still using 5.5!

I'm on Cubase 11, but I still have a hard copy of Cubase 4 with dongle in my drawer.

It's been there years. LOL
LeVzi All versions of Cbase that I can remember need the dongle, i'll be glad to see the back of it, when you have one fail, you suddenly realise what a pain in the arse they are.

I just worry it will go to a subscription based thing
DJ_FunDaBounce
quote:
Originally posted by LeVzi:
All versions of Cbase that I can remember need the dongle, i'll be glad to see the back of it, when you have one fail, you suddenly realise what a pain in the arse they are.

I just worry it will go to a subscription based thing

The "free" and elements versions don't require a dongle.

I wouldn't mind a subscription service as long as it's worthwhile, AND that my current specs can handle.

LeVzi Yeah I am only talking about the full Pro version of Cubase, the free or lite versions aren't really up to scratch for making a tune tbh.

And if Cubase goes subscription, i'll be moving to something else again. Who the fk wants to pay monthly or yearly for something or it stops working. I pay once, I wanna keep it going not have to pay again or pay monthly. Fk that. awful business idea.

Rent to own, thats different. I did that for Sylenth and Serum, that works fine because when you get it paid off, its yours.
Triquatra Full version of Cubase 5.5 - I have a purple dongle that has to be plugged in when I use it, so I don't know what you're all banging on about.

What happens with newer versions of cubase has nothing to do with older versions.
Besides, they said *years* ago they were stopping support for older versions of cubase but it's still running fine and no doubt there'll be work arounds if there are software conflicts in newer versions of windows.
LeVzi
quote:
Full version of Cubase 5.5 - I have a purple dongle that has to be plugged in when I use it, so I don't know what you're all banging on about.

What happens with newer versions of cubase has nothing to do with older versions.
Besides, they said *years* ago they were stopping support for older versions of cubase but it's still running fine and no doubt there'll be work arounds if there are software conflicts in newer versions of windows.

Give me a dongle free DAW anyday. They are forgotten until one packs in, then its a pain in the arse and 30 quid.
Triquatra It's a pain in the arse, especially if I can't find it 'cause I need the front USB port - all the back ones used too! Should just look for a crack online and do away with it!!
LeVzi
quote:
It's a pain in the arse, especially if I can't find it 'cause I need the front USB port - all the back ones used too! Should just look for a crack online and do away with it!!

Wont need to soon, will be dongle less. ><

It took 0.83 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page