Radio listeners 190+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 General discussion
 for all djs

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
possys2 did learning to mix, change/alter your raving experience?

i think it did with me, i listened to djs more harshly. thats a great way to way to explain it
Alex Threat Yeah, my mates bugging me in raves asking what the next tune was going to be when the dj was teasing it in. Also what is the name of this tune, have you got this one etc haha
Samination I never raved before I listened to hardcore or began to mix myself. But yes, I do occasionally wonder why the DJ's did a certain thing (like stopping the track to early and stuff)
Alex Threat Ya just gotta forget about DJ'in and enjoy the music. I'm in no way a perfect mixer and this mix I'm about to share will prove that hahaha
Gazza1712 Hi Alex. That must be really annoying for you, People bugging you asking you what the next tune coming in is when you are at raves. Especially as you are such a well known person in the scene with releases on major labels and playing at all the biggest raves in the uk.
Alex Threat I didn't say I was any of those things, just talking about my experience at raves with my mates, that's all!

Maybe I should have been more clear with my comments, didn't mean to mislead you
LeVzi I couldnt tell if a mix was good or not at the time, only Mikey B made some glaring **** ups and well tbh he didnt care.

But when you hear some back on tape, some are horrendous.

Brisk or Sy made one of the worst I heard, during a b2b set they did at energy 97

Skip to 17:18 , sticks in my head cos its so funny. And as much as I absolutely hate MC Storm, and I mean HATE, this is an example of when he got things right and Sy's scratching was a fking unreal energy giver.

I regret missing this rave, really do, but I was just about burnt out by then.
Gazza1712 Hi Alex. Sorry mate I was being an idiot and I didn?t need to make that comment yesterday.
I was on the beers all day.
Gazza1712 That was brisk mixing that in and I don?t think it was a mistake I think the needle jumped as the mix was on point and just went out because of the the needle skipping.
Alex Threat
quote:
Originally posted by Gazza1712:
Hi Alex. Sorry mate I was being an idiot and I didn?t need to make that comment yesterday.
I was on the beers all day.

No worries at all mate, it's sound. I had a pretty heavy day on the drink too yesterday haha
possys2 yeah, deffo a needle jump. cant be helped BUT i heard a vinylgroover cd mix think it was a hardcore heaven album from about 98. and the last mix was awful, like train wreckage, i dont mind hearing little slow down, speed ups in the mix as you know the dj is working.
also vinylgroover one of the best mixers on his day
possys2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcRADYPwbiY&ab_channel=happyhardcore95to99

from about 1hour 6mins
LeVzi
quote:
Originally posted by Gazza1712:
That was brisk mixing that in and I don?t think it was a mistake I think the needle jumped as the mix was on point and just went out because of the the needle skipping.

If thats the reason fair enough, im not a DJ so dunno about these things but it always made me laugh.

I could bring up any Mikey B set for example of off your face mixing.
SiliconMango I think I realized that scratching is way more fun to do than to listen to.

It took 1.08 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page