Radio listeners 177+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 So i made a thing...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
impish It's rough, not finished but it's a start - too many years trying to make my own music has accumulated in this. UK Happy Hardcore in a kinda late 90's style. Any producers got any feedback?

https://soundcloud.com/pishposhping/someone-told-me
DJ_FunDaBounce This is really good! Is it an original?

There are bits where the bassline doesn?t match the chords, but it's getting there!!

also, a few bars missing in the outro. Could maybe throw in some kind of snare for build-ups and stuff, too.

don't think about mastering at this point. Rather, think about the mixdown and overall balance.

off to a great start, I would say! :)

Samination Impish is back? :o
impish
quote:
Originally posted by DJ_FunDaBounce:
This is really good! Is it an original?

There are bits where the bassline doesn?t match the chords, but it's getting there!!

also, a few bars missing in the outro. Could maybe throw in some kind of snare for build-ups and stuff, too.

don't think about mastering at this point. Rather, think about the mixdown and overall balance.

off to a great start, I would say! :)

Thanks! I'll change some bits when I get some more time to add :)

It's original in the sense that I made the chords and stuff but the vocals are from a sample pack from a few years ago
impish
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
Impish is back? :o

I never went away haha, just don't have as much free time. New cheese files is required... This time with some of my own stuff! :D
Si Thompson Welcome back, Impish.
impish I managed to get around to doing a little update :D

DJ_FunDaBounce
quote:
Originally posted by impish:
I managed to get around to doing a little update :D

I think the mix needs a little re-balancing. Try placing things around the kick. Remember, it's the driving force in this genere's arrangement. For a starting point choose a kick that has the weight/punch you're after while sorting through your kick samples. Once you find one that stands out, put it in the project and as it plays, place that channel's fader making sure it doesn't peak past -7dB. In cubase(my case), it sometimes it peaks past that, but it's ok as long as it doesn't happen too much. The part with the amen break is kinda getting there in terms of balance, you just don't want to bring everything up to match that, cuz you might distort, which is why I suggest setting the kick first.

The notes are sounding right this time around.

keep at it! If you need any help mixing down, hit me up. I'd be happy to help.

Those vox are so nice, btw! :)

Skidzorz That was great. Not gonna lie during the intro it sounded like a standard whatever first hardcore production but the breakbeat bit and the piano and all that was really great. I?m not a producer so don?t have much beyond thwt to say but keep it up sir.

You?re the guy who does those cheese files mixes right? If so much thanks, I listened to those so much when I was like 14 (am 30 now) :3
DJ Bounce Cheese files
impish Ha! Thanks for the replies - i'm still getting my head around this music-making malarky :D

Need to do a Cheese Files 2023 mix - I should make doing more mixes a New Year's resolution!
Tekk I see you sneaking that Canon In D in there

Does a good job coming into its own once you hit the breakey bit, I liked it~

It took 0.81 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page