Radio listeners 158+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 found - name of bonkers 13! yay

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Triquatra just found this - might interest some

http://www.woolworths.co.uk/common/product.jhtml?pid=50287518

"Bonkers 13 - Hardcore Horror Show"

http://www.dj-triquatra.com
The pen is mightier than the sword you claim.
Very well, get out your pens essay writers and prepare to have your logic tested by steel.
silver Top page news... I confirmed this theme with resist just now :)

Also pre-order is up!

Bonkers 13 - Hardcore Horror Show (Mixed by Hixxy, Sharkey, Scott Brown & Dougal) - 4 discs
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0006333VY/happyhardcore-21

silver Sorted... top page :)

- all abuse accepted as personal messages!

You Are My Sun, My Moon, My Rain...
Dave Murray Wow yay another childish piece of artwork.

**** sake.

-=[ryg0r]=-
hyperdance kick ass cover!! lookin class

I'm glad they went back to the old art-work for B12 and 13, its much more suited than the "futuristic" look.

I love the new cover tho!

whispering
quote:
Originally posted by Trabilizer:
that looks sweet! (would have been better if it was Bonkers XI style futuristic horror. hehe)

I liked the Bonkers 9 cover the most :) like scifi a lot, so that maybe why...

djhixxy_h_t_i_d i find the artowrk quite humorous but yet very childish1HOW R PPL GONNA TAKE HARDCORE SERIUOS WEN WE DESIGN COVERS LIKE THIS?personally we should av kept to the Bonkers 9 10 11 theme..still looks interestin n no doubt the music will b amazin!!always is!!

We Will Not Compromise Quality For Popularity Amongst The Minority
hardcore anorak lol does look a bit suspect looks like mark e.g drew it whilst doin a dance routiine lol

s.shaw
Comet MUAHAHAH!! That's great! That looks so much like a certain fanart by Triquatra. Great job! Pure class!

hyperdance
quote:
Originally posted by djhixxy_h_t_i_d:
HOW R PPL GONNA TAKE HARDCORE SERIUOS WEN WE DESIGN COVERS LIKE THIS?no doubt the music will b amazin!!always is!!

why wud u wanna take it so seriously? yea the music wil be realli sweet of cource

...thebeatkicks TheN I start RocKiN'
laze i really love the cover i think its better bring back the old design insead of the computer looking design i can'nt wait till i get it i've waited so long i can't get enough i really happy with the cover :-)

hardcore till i die

DAVID NOBLE
tunnelrush i like the cover...better that than a Christmas Themed Bonkers (if by some dumb luck it took longer to release this compilation even further than October). Ive only owned 11 and 12 so dont know what the rest look like. They always end up in my shelves collecting dust anyway. Can't Wait.

<*>WHAT?! Im sorry, I can't hear you cuz my Hardcore's too loud, ur gonna have to shut up!"<*>
Brian K yay!! bout time they did a themed one, and hallowen just happens to be my favorite holiday =D

never really pictured hixxy in hellraiser though =P

"we'll delete the weak"
hooverlover i might be confused who's who but I think i know

Frankenstien is Scott Brown
Pinhead is Hixxy
Fredy K is obviously Sharkey
Count Dracular must be dougal, dougal had a goofy look on the older covers so the teeth give it away.

Brian K switch scott brown and dougal and you've got it right

"we'll delete the weak"
Excalibur Nope no he's right that smile on Frankenstien tells me thats Dougal. Shit it's comming out on my Birthmonth! The cover looks awsome, but it's still 95% percent done so it will change. Love the artwork, and I know the music will be good. Wonder what would happen if React went with a South Park them for 14? or an anime one . No! just keep it like that Resist!(the changed the name? Man I'm slow...)

People are born evil it's just natural.
bLOODY_dAN So is this only pre-order right now then? and is there a song list yet? I should probably just look, eh... Gunna be tight though, so its all good!

-Dan B
Comet Tracklist will be posted on the front page as soon as it is confirmed.

djDMS
quote:
Originally posted by Comet:
Tracklist will be posted on the front page as soon as it is confirmed.

And THAT is what'll decide for me whether i buy it or not.

Not bothered at all how good/bad the cover art is as long as the music is good.

The cover could have a picture of Dave Murray licking Nadia from Big Brother's knackers and i'd still buy it if the tunes were up to standard.

In my opinion, the main purpose of the fun/cartoony covers that hardcore CD's seem to be cursed with is to attract people that wouldn't buy them normally anyway, to pick them up and maybe buy them.

Most hardcore fans will pick up the CD and go straight to the tracklist on the back before deciding to buy.

Personally, i'll decide when i see the tracklist.

One thing i would have liked though (with the horror theme) was for the CD to have been called "Bonkers the 13th".

-----------------------------

Arguably one of the best
marchhare
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Murray:
Wow yay another childish piece of artwork.

**** sake.

come on know dont judge a book by its cover..isnt that how it goes?

HaPpY UnBirThDaY WouLd you LiKe soMe TeA??
LiklDevil who cares really what the cover looks like its the sounds that really matter!!!!

Triquatra
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:

The cover could have a picture of Dave Murray licking Nadia from Big Brother's knackers and i'd still buy it if the tunes were up to standard.

ick...just..ick

Very well, get out your pens essay writers and prepare to have your logic tested by steel.
Dave Murray
quote:
Originally posted by DjTriquatra:
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:

ick...just..ick

Awww man will stop with your sexual fantasie's you freak.

Originally posted by whispering:
quote:
Originally posted by Trabilizer:
that looks sweet! (would have been better if it was Bonkers XI style futuristic horror. hehe)

I liked the Bonkers 9 cover the most :) like scifi a lot, so that maybe why...

Yea, i really liked the Matrix when it first came out so my favourite is the Bonkers XI cover...

You Are My Sun, My Moon, My Rain...
slavetomysoundwave the cartoon style design is far better than the futuristic ones on 9 to 11. It reflects the scene - happy, having fun, bouncy etc. It's also different from anything else. I love it!

Triquatra i think i agree with slave - last thing bonkers needs as a "im a hard basterd" Chav look haha

hyperdance
quote:
Originally posted by slavetomysoundwave:
the cartoon style design is far better than the futuristic ones on 9 to 11. It reflects the scene - happy, having fun, bouncy etc. It's also different from anything else. I love it!

yep, yep and yep.

steve O Yeh i think the futuristic covers wer a bit tacky and looked as if the artist was tryin too hard to make it cool. DMS is right, judge it on the choonage (lets just hope hixxy and dougals mixes arent very similar to their HTID 2 ones)

'I got 99 problems but the 1st division ain't one!!!'
djhixxy_h_t_i_d I think the covor for H T I D 2 looks amazin..thats wht the Bonkers covors shood change to..seriuos looking..and actual photos of the DJ's...instead of crazy childish looking covors..any non hardcore fan wdnt even look at it with covors like this..time we changed n got seriuos.not the music of course..the music is the best in the world !!!

hyperdance man! the covers r cool!. like wot was said b4- It reflects the scene - happy, having fun, bouncy etc. It's also different from anything else.

"we'll delete the weak"
bulby_g ^^^Yes I miss the interesting covers we used to get although I find it easier to file my records when all one label is the same colour.

As for bonkers I like the cartoon graphics but hey I like cartoons so.....

slavetomysoundwave
quote:
..any non hardcore fan wdnt even look at it with covors like this..

I disagree with that. The cartoon covers stand out a mile and grabs the attention of any passers-by. They're so unique and different that I'm sure they must intrigue people and make them curious as to what the CD is about (if they haven't heard of Bonkers before, of course). The futuristic style is really quite bland when looked at from afar and doesn't really stand out. I think that that design was a compromise between keeping actual anamation on the cover (i.e. staying with the "DJ characters on the cover" theme) but also trying to re-new Bonkers into (almost) a new generation.

The only problem with the cartoon style is that it is identical to the first half of the Bonkers series (1-7) and could suggest to people that nothing has changed in the scene since the older days. ("same old happy-hardcore stuff" may be said). This could be dangerous in a time when the hardcore scene needs to show the world that it has progressed with time and isn't static like a lot of other scenes.

Having said that, I still love the cartoon style and see it as appropriate for our music - I remember being blown away when I first laid eyes on Bonkers1 - I've never seen anything like it. Still my fav. CD cover of all time!

bLOODY_dAN ^^^^^^^^EH GAH!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I fell like im listening to a presidential debate!

-Dan B
Triquatra lol - no, the presidential debates are organised, and the questions screened beforehand :P

---------------------------------
may explode without warning
http://www.dj-triquatra.com - hardcore wallpapers n avatar's
slavetomysoundwave sorry about that - I can get carried away with my opinion sometimes!

bLOODY_dAN I was just jokin anyhooos...

-Dan B
slavetomysoundwave ^^^ yeah, I thought so ^^^

Maybe I should come over there and run for election - do you think I'd stand a change against Bush?

I'd make sure they'd be a rave in every state, every weekend!

mjd In my humble opinion i think the cover is gr8! A lot better than the stupid futuristic type. Calm down guys, whos goin to judge the music buy the artwork anyway, no1 buys music theyve never heard of just because they like the cover.

E=Sharkey
jp I think the cover is great, teh futuristic efforts were a bit lame to be honest, not really interesting to look at and not colourful, i was happy when they went back to the old skool cartoon covers becasue they are fun.
I liked the idea of BONKERS THE 13TH, whoever said it, i think react should take note bout tha 1.
As for he tunes, i have little doubt they will be pumping... Bring it on!

And My Heartbeatz Just Like A Drum, And My Heartbeatz It Goes BOOM BOOM BOOM!
slavetomysoundwave
quote:
Originally posted by mjd:
no1 buys music theyve never heard of just because they like the cover.

I have done before!

bulby_g
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by mjd:
no1 buys music theyve never heard of just because they like the cover.

I have done before!

Me too! I bought a psy trance cd because it had a really interesting cover and I really enjoyed it i've bought several others since.

slavetomysoundwave
quote:
Originally posted by bulby_g:
Me too! I bought a psy trance cd because it had a really interesting cover and I really enjoyed it i've bought several others since.

Out of interest, what CD was it?

bulby_g It's got a really wierd name and I have a memory like a sieve with several large sections missing but i'll post the name when I get home.

hyperdance
quote:
quote:
..any non hardcore fan wdnt even look at it with covors like this..

I disagree with that. The cartoon covers stand out a mile and grabs the attention of any passers-by. They're so unique and different that I'm sure they must intrigue people and make them curious as to what the CD is about (if they haven't heard of Bonkers before, of course). The futuristic style is really quite bland when looked at from afar and doesn't really stand out. I think that that design was a compromise between keeping actual anamation on the cover (i.e. staying with the "DJ characters on the cover" theme) but also trying to re-new Bonkers into (almost) a new generation.

The only problem with the cartoon style is that it is identical to the first half of the Bonkers series (1-7) and could suggest to people that nothing has changed in the scene since the older days. ("same old happy-hardcore stuff" may be said). This could be dangerous in a time when the hardcore scene needs to show the world that it has progressed with time and isn't static like a lot of other scenes.

Having said that, I still love the cartoon style and see it as appropriate for our music - I remember being blown away when I first laid eyes on Bonkers1 - I've never seen anything like it. Still my fav. CD cover of all time!

*bows down* u r mi god. lol. wot i was tryin 2 say all along m8.

quote:
Originally posted by bulby_g:

Out of interest, what CD was it?

tan trance, and the others I went on to buy were orbid 2 and serial killaz.

slavetomysoundwave ^ ^ ^ haven't got them, what label are they on? ^ ^ ^

bulby_g I'll have a look for you when I get home.

slavetomysoundwave cheers pal

djhixxy_h_t_i_d after reading other ppls views i have changed my view towards the covor..i agree..they do look crazy and stand out and if i seen a covor like that i wd probably pick it up..however..dont any1 think the new HTID2 covor is really smart??i think that wd b ideal for a bonkers covor..same kinda style.

bulby_g
quote:
^ ^ ^ haven't got them, what label are they on? ^ ^ ^

Tan trance - Subterranean (a division of euro media)

Orbid 2, compiled by Zorflux - Sphere

Serial Killaz inc. mix by the superlative - Atomic

I think this is what your after?

sawney bean for once the artist has drawn dougal more realistic
Smoogie erm this topic is more than 3 years old!
sawney bean i dont care if its 100 years old im still going to say dougal looks crap in all the other bonkers except 13

It took 2.59 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page