Total online 1712
 Radio listeners 158+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 how to skratch to trance/hhc/house/etc...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
xamulink anyone got any ideas on a "good" way to skratch to and of tha 130+ bpm stuff...I'm pretty sure I hear skratching in some hhc stuff like vinylgroover...but then again I could be wrong cause it might be some synths or something that sounds like skratchin...anyways...got any ideas at all on how to go about skratching to trance/hhc/etc...like I said b4...I want to become a really versatile DJ and sorry for all tha different types of questions but if someone has some input on this subject...it would help me greatly...peace

Soren A lot of the scratching you hear in songs is real scratching, it's just sampled and later added to the song as a sample.

I could go through the different kinds of scratching and explain them to you, but it really helps to have someone show you so you understand exactly what somone is talking about. So I suggest if you have $20 lying around to order a scratching video. I just looked at PSSL.com and they have lots of videos. Umm.. Turntable Wizardry volume #1 looks ok for what you want (I think). Try looking around and seeing if you like any of their videos. Or best of all find somone in your town to show you how to do it ^_^

DJ e-Klyps In my attmepts to scratch i usually grab hold of a record with a real peaky vocal and use that. Its one of my resolutions to learn to scratch this year.

PLUR=
Peace
Love
Unity
Respect
DJ Tempest there are also loads of scratch records you can get that have samples on em just for that purpose...

"I stayed up all night playing poker with tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died."
-Steven Wright

xamulink thanx again for ur help u all....peace

silver Listen to any DJ Sy set and you and your jaw will drop with his scratching skills over happyhardcore.

I agree, grab a few scratch records and your away.
sunrize I agree, Sy is has a dead-on technical scratching skill. Brisk is good too, and I've also heard hixxy do some scratching. I do scratching almost always in my sets. If i had a third table I think I would do it much more often. (but just dont overdo scratching!)

peace,
sunrize
http://djsunrize.com
http://happycrap.vinylunderground.com
silver Agreed, but I think Sy can never over scratch :)
GT Agree! Sy is a scratching god! [:-)]

================
'You picked me up, and swept me away....'
Trix Listen to Bonkers 1 + 2 and you guys will see how much potential Hixxy has!
THose cds are from a long time back probs round 92' so imagine wat Hixxy is capable of now!

Hes coming down to Sydney in a couple of weekends time so Ill fill you all in on how he goes! But I haf to agree with you guys! Sy is a scratchin god!

silver Bonkers started in 1995.
Skyler I would agree Sy is truely a master at scratching, but then so is Brisk...

Cant really name any other scratchers of their caliber... well not of Sy's, Hixxy is good none the less....

Scratching is amazing, I do it as often as I can and its hugely enjoyable to do along to a tune for 30seconds or whatever
just love it:)

"You know given the choice I'd gladly take your hand for ev-er, and a day..
You know the words, just say it...
Its as the nights grow colder I still cry these bittersweet tears...
While I hope and pray..
that we'll somehow make it.."

- Skyler
GT DNA is coming across as a good scratcher. He's actually pretty damned hot when it comes to it!

================
DJ Tempest yeah..morgz' scratching is pretty good...he's no sy, but good nonetheless. the only time i have a problem with it is when theres scratching over the vocals.

"I stayed up all night playing poker with tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died."
-Steven Wright

DJ e-Klyps Robbie long and devestate are quite mean at scratchin. Well one of them is but i cant remember which one.

PLUR=
Peace
Love
Unity
Respect
StrifeII Yeah..sy is phat. But i hate that one sound where he drage the rec. back. He does that just a little too much. But i wish i could scratch like sy.heh heh...if i had dexx yet

nowi'mfeelin'fine
GT Drags the record back? Do you mean when he rewinds a tune? In which case, yeah it does happen too often sometimes, but sounding shite? Naah, sounds well good!

================

It took 0.89 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page