Radio listeners 162+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 rave makina (north east)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
max fusion has any one heard makina/rave tunes mostly played in the north east/newcastle. i nar tht mc storm nd dj scott brown r cumin up in august sum time for POWERHOUSE. but theres sum class tunes get played there. just wonderin if any1 else has herad any, nd if so wot r they called

dj fusion style haha
Samination since makina is generally just like hardcore, why did you post this in other genres?

-==[[[ I'm the most paying pirate on the face of the web, j00 d1g? ]]]==-
max fusion coz there different. if i named makina/rave tunes most ppl wud be lik " EH" so thts y.

dj fusion style haha
makina is no1 4life
whispering Moved to Music discussion - hardcore. Makina = Spanish Hardcore.

zippy lollll i see your point fusion...to most on here,makina is the anti christ... talk to me,baldo or steve-o tho..... we'll hapily help how we can with al ur makina goodness

TypeR Bring it on Baldo and Steve-O! it's only a matter of time before they find this thread. Zippy, Baldo and Steve-O are our resident Makina guys. If you have any questions about Makina, they'd be able to answer them for sure.

Funshine
My Demo
Hardcore Rudebwoy
href="[email protected]" target="_blank" [email protected]" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">rel="nofollow">[email protected]
http://shop.happyhardcore.com/
zippy lollllll...even i humble at baldos almost scary knowlage of all things spanish

but i hear rhumours of him slipping to the dark side!

breakbeat hardcore has its slippery little fingers around him and is temting him with all those cool interesting beats!

only time will tell

Chris B First of all welcome to the site max mate and cheers to zippy and mr ritalin for the compliments. Wouldnt say i no everythin about makina but defo been a big part of my life last few years and a big chunk of my collection.

I still collect some bouncy old makina that gets played up north east but is gettin hard to find tunes that havent been played to death and some are jus too basic or cheesy. The one good thing has been http://www.factoriasonora.co.uk/ with loadsa unknowns if you check the whats new section loadsa quality new and old spanish beats.

Like some old style and italian but more in to the hard bcn stuff played at x-que and the way haston mixes it up, dont really like north east rave tapes cos not into many of the mc's at all. infact only stretch and techno t i enjoy listenin to bein honest. Went to hangar 13 once when it was still at mcewans centre and was a quality night, all north east ravers were some laff and up for a party would defo go back if they get a 3 deck setup.

And zippy theres more to life than cheesy bounce always been into loadsa styles of music and breakbeats and freeform bein my last phase on the decks. To be honest the best thing about makina is the 3 deck mixin cos sometimes sounds a bit weak without hardstyle or bases. Cant wait to get a 3rd deck but bet it'll be years before i crack that .

Still gotta try cos to be able to mix like this would be unreal http://www.sbthq.net/audio/mixes/javisession1.ram

Thats a javi tracker set off bounceman and hastons site http://www.sbthq.net/main.htm check it out for plenty of best mixes and tunes on net.

Venga familia!!!
TypeR wow baldo, that was some frantic shit! I was diggin it alot, thats what i think about when it comes to playing some frantic happy hardcore. Imagine a live show and the dj were to trainwreck all three records!

Anyway, I had never heard that style of mixing before and I really liked it.

Funshine
My Demo
Hardcore Rudebwoy
href="[email protected]" target="_blank" [email protected]" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">rel="nofollow">[email protected]
http://shop.happyhardcore.com/
max fusion cheers baldo m8 but ii strethc is gettin better nd techno t hardly mc tht much. but tth factoria sonara site is class. nd so is www.ravers-central.co.uk
nearly every tune from makina nd it also has videos from clubs up here. but iii the clubs r gd but there gettin viloent now nd its gonna get closed down. so no more haston lol

dj fusion style haha
makina is no1 4life
Chris B Thats what i think about it bobby mate is a shame more people dont give it a chance. A lotta folk say they're findin new hardcore borin and miss the energy of the older stuff should defo try multideck makina sets . I like a mixture of different stuff but have to say theres nothin like bcn mixin for real energetic hardcore, especially when mixed with pitched up hardstyle or gabba.

Check out the link on my last post for plenty good mixes in that style anyway mate.

Cheers for website max bad to hear the scenes goin downhill can only say when i went to hangar everyone treated me and my mate shit hot, heard a lotta other raves are worse though. Anyway uk hardcore events are amazin at minute so only way i'l go back is for 3 decks if you no what i mean.

Venga familia!!!
max fusion iiii well its class if ur on the dex or mic but on the dancefloor it gets rough, coz the locals just go in for the fights. wen every1 else just wants to relax nd hav fun. but iii hangr 13 is class. nd theres a club called the new monkey nd thts north easts number 1. so u shud check tht out if ur up again m8. nd ppl do treat u wit respect on the floor but u get the usual thug lookin for a fight.

but thts life

dj fusion style haha
makina is no1 4life
steve O Sorry zippy mate, im with Baldo, gotta have variety. Lovin breakbeat and freeform, but im always gona love makina (not monkey style tho!).

The new style of makina is awesome, much better than all the icecream van shit at the monkey and all the same tunes from the late 90's that get played at the hangar and other raves. I used to be into monkey and hangar etc when I was younger, but certain tunes are shit tbh, and the good ones just get played to death. I also stopped listenin to that style because of some bad run ins with charvers (namely one of mates being glassed for wearing a quicksilver t shirt and was therefore a 'hippy' - ****ing arsewipe) and so I decided I didn't want to be associated with charvers full stop or a scene like that.

I still love makina tho, all the new stuff (and some older tunes) I just despise the North East scene. Apart from what I said above, there is no progression in the music. Im into BCN style, the way makina should be mixed, which is almost like a different genre compared to north east makina and it is definitely a different scene.
As baldo said, check out haston's site, hes just put up his new session which is very makina based (whereas he used alot of hardstyle on his last one). The Dany BPM set is also excellent, there's so much going on. But the buys at the minute have to be Javi Tracker and Alfredo. One word can describe them b2b, AWESOME!

Bobby, im glad you like this style. Im surprised more people don't like it!

'BCN style'
Chris B Good to see you again steve mate been a while, pc's still busted but got one at work now plus jumpin on my da's now and again.

To be honest though mate i'm not surprised more people dont like the bcn style because they dont bother listenin cos they see the word makina and think ice cream vans, kazoo's and poofy male vocals. Most people that actually listen to hard bcn style mixes love it jus not many people get to try it.

All my ravin mates from essex used to laugh when i said i dj'd makina but after playin them hastons session 8 and 9 plus a few spanish dj's i've got they love it.

Is exactly the same on the buzz forums though most folks think hardcore's shit and wont give it a chance and only like old makina. As i said need a variety to not get bored myself but makina old and new can be quality if you look for the right stuff.

Venga familia!!!
max fusion well i sorta despised the hardcore scene but i thort i might aswell giv it a chance. nd most of scott browns stuff i lik . but i tbh i no a lot of charvas nd they can be dikheds. they start on any1 for no reason. me nd me m8 got hit off a 30+ yr old man. for not givin him a cigerette. right d.i.k.h.e.d.s. but ive had tht anywhere i go so all i can say is thts life

dj fusion style haha
makina is no1 4life
lucificifus
quote:
Originally posted by Baldo:
... ice cream vans, kazoo's and poofy male vocals ...

I'm sorry, really, but what on earth does the aforementioned items have to do with makina?

-----------------------------
pump tha selectah!
DANI LEVEL Ask me all about makina in Spain ;)
steve O
quote:
Originally posted by lucificifus:
quote:
... ice cream vans, kazoo's and poofy male vocals ...

I'm sorry, really, but what on earth does the aforementioned items have to do with makina?

pump tha selectah!

Alot of people associate these things with makina.

'BCN style'
lucificifus but... ice cream vans? I dont get it... Do they play the tracks out of the back of an ice cream truck or something?

pump tha selectah!
Chris B ^^ ^^ Lol no mate it's just an insult people give makina cos of some of the really bad stuff over the years. They think it sounds like ice cream van jingles, i like a lot of older stuff but the real simple cheese is embarrasin at times like this http://www.factoriasonora.co.uk/shop/audio/ethereal.rm?osCsid=5209169a63822c2c5e0ce0544854558c

Venga familia!!!
steve O What a shit tune. A dire example of makina.

'BCN style'
Sonic_G_Style Makina 4 life

zippy good input! loll

welcome to the site bud.

ecstatic_manic_erocdrah Whats makina? I have only heard of it. IS it a branch of gabber? explain

>HARTER KOPF<

IMAGNE PEACE*

SAVE THE CHEESE!
>>SAVE THE SOUND<<
lucificifus THIS is makina:
http://www.sbthq.net/realaudio.htm

pump tha selectah!
Scillianaire We dont have makina in detroit but just from this topic and the links posted im comming to understand it, and its pretty good especially the triple deck stuff.

Interstate - Hardcore Hustla (HardcorEvolution ReMix)
ecstatic_manic_erocdrah I don't geti it? most of these tracsk are upfront. LOL...i think wikipedia could explain...lol..but really though what is it?

>HARTER KOPF<

IMAGNE PEACE*

SAVE THE CHEESE!
>>SAVE THE SOUND<<
lucificifus Makina is spanish hardcore. It can be REALLY hard like some gabber, or really bouncy and uplifting. Either way, its great.

pump tha selectah!
DJSuperb You can find some real Makina here:

http://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=22341

;)

ecstatic_manic_erocdrah ok...noone start bashing on what im saying. From what i hear all i hear is is not consistant. Some sounds like happy gabber/some sound slike oldskool hhc and some sound slike hard nrg. Thats odd. I mean i like it but that genre seems very made up and very no consistant. Spanish hardcore? lol..i don't know i can't grasp it..im such a dumbass...sorry guys.

>HARTER KOPF<

IMAGNE PEACE*

SAVE THE CHEESE!
>>SAVE THE SOUND<<
Brian K I like ramirez, I don't like kazoos =P

I like old dutch and scottish stuff, but never really caught onto spain. I really enjoyed the 'circus' years of hardcore but some makina is just god awful =/

"we'll delete the weak"
Chris B
quote:
Originally posted by Brian K:
some makina is just god awful =/

your totally right mate and thats why i think it's got such a bad reputation, listen to this set though see what you think http://www.sbthq.net/audio/mixes/sessionmakina3decks8.ram

Thats dj haston mixin up makina properly but many others do the same.

ecstatic_manic_erocdrah spanish hardcore isnt all the same style thats why you get the variety your talking about. Think about uk hardcore there's breakbeats, freeform, bouncy, trancy etc it's the same in spain. Makina's just spanish hardcore and it's a country with a big scene and quality raves.

Venga familia!!!
steve O ^^^ You should listen to him, he's a knowledgable guy!

BK, of course some makina makes you wanna eat your own ears, but there are songs like that in every genre!

'BCN style'
Dave Tee There is a lot of variation in Makina because it just means Spanish hardcore, so any hardcore song made in Spain (whether its bouncy style, gabber, trancey or even some hard house) is just called Makina.

Makina i think is Spanish for 'machine'.

At first when it started getting played back in 98 / 99 it was good to hear but as the years went by it started ruining the scene cos all that got played was old stuff and the mc's just became terrible. Now its all about the dj's making money by playin an old tune, then when all the youngsters like it they get it pressed and make a few grand, then the next week they've got a new old tune lol

The north east scene is terrible now IMO and needs something to help it get back to what it used to be..... i reccomend BCN.... without mc's

Check out my ebay auctions: http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZjohnt3478
Rare & wicked tunes 4 sale
whittle1 I enjoy makina just for its general speed

---------------------------------------
You and me
We play amongst the stars
Forever searching
Ever Learning
Find just who we are
---------------------------------------

[email protected]

Chris B
quote:
Originally posted by big-dave-1985:
i reccomend BCN.... without mc's [img]/images/forums/icon_Smile_big.gif

Hell yeah mate steve will agree to that aswell i personally find makina a bit too weak on 2 decks, is still alright but not the way it's supposed to be done. Needs a heavier bass like hardstyle behind it and the acid synths on the kick off's to really create an energy rush.

Makina dj's in spain are just immense though nobody that entertainin gets booked at events over here.

Venga familia!!!
DJSuperb
quote:
There is a lot of variation in Makina because it just means Spanish hardcore, so any hardcore song made in Spain (whether its bouncy style, gabber, trancey or even some hard house) is just called Makina.

Makina i think is Spanish for 'machine'.

At first when it started getting played back in 98 / 99 it was good to hear but as the years went by it started ruining the scene cos all that got played was old stuff and the mc's just became terrible. Now its all about the dj's making money by playin an old tune, then when all the youngsters like it they get it pressed and make a few grand, then the next week they've got a new old tune lol

The north east scene is terrible now IMO and needs something to help it get back to what it used to be..... i reccomend BCN.... without mc's

What it needs is the djs/clubs/shops to work together and push new things rather than people pushing old tunes and ripping off the kids. It sickens me.

www.factoriasonora.co.uk/community
zippy a description of makina off www.maximakina.net-

Makina: Derived from the techno and the dance, it was born in Spain with the end from the Eighties. The makina is characterized by a rather high beat (towards the 180bpm) and of low powerful, of the melodies often accompanied by female singing exercises (Alpha industries vol2, pastis & buenri with I' m sailing).De our days, it exists two kinds of makina like several style (progressive, hardcore, techno): that of Barcelona and that of Valence: the difference reside in the melodies, that of valence in possede not much. Currently, a movement hardcore invaded Spain but it starts has to come to be established in France (dj makina "wagram" bit music). Like dj' S makina known, one finds Dani Fiesta, Fabian El Salvador, Dj Skudero (also hardcore has Pont Aeri). One will retain that the makina evolved/moved much since its creation, as well at the technical level on the mental age. Indeed, in Spain, it becomes in the young people a great passion! Reference: X-That, Chasis, Scorpia, Aeri Bridge.

you can well tell i just used a translator...and to be honest not really the best description.....

- Makina is bouncy Spanish dance music, with UK Hardcore traits, dissimilar enough to be audibly different and deserving of its own category.

It is usually characterized by its resonating synthesized sounding chords, and has a weaker but higher octave sounding punchier kick drum than the similar United Kingdom produced tracks.

Makina is also popular in North East England, where both gabber and bouncy techno had been played for many years previously.

another copied description.

makina in my opinion is basicly hardcore predominantly based on the main melody....usually a really cool catchy riff...it features punchyer kicks as said above and usually has higher pitched female vocals. more bounces rather than euphoric as say freeform is.

however...as can be seen from the mixes on
www.sbthq.net

makinas best bit (and what its survival depends upon) is its ability to co-exsist with other genres such as bouncyer uk hardcore,hardstyle,gabber etc.

probably forgot to mention loads of inportant stuff like ´base tracks´ etc...but im in magaluf thenow and mega hungover.

hope this kinda helps tho

Dave Tee
quote:
quote:
i reccomend BCN.... without mc's [img]/images/forums/icon_Smile_big.gif

Hell yeah mate steve will agree to that aswell i personally find makina a bit too weak on 2 decks, is still alright but not the way it's supposed to be done. Needs a heavier bass like hardstyle behind it and the acid synths on the kick off's to really create an energy rush.

Makina dj's in spain are just immense though nobody that entertainin gets booked at events over here.

Venga familia!!!

I've just bought some hardstyle to try it out before i splash out on my 3rd deck & new 3 channel mixer, just to see what its like to mix. I cant wait to try it!!

I'm totally new to buying hardstyle but i'm really after this:

Sigma Gold volume 3 - Sigma Records

Do you know anywhere i could get it?? cheers

Chris B http://www.recess.nl/info.asp?Info=14696

there you go mate i'm quite new to the hardstyle myself but best place i've found is http://www.germantrance.com/ but i'm sure theres more out there. You'll enjoy mixin it anyway defo adds more variety and pitches up to mix with anythin, i especially like mixin it over tunes like "rock ya hardcore" if you no what i mean.

Venga familia!!!
Dave Tee
quote:
http://www.recess.nl/info.asp?Info=14696

there you go mate i'm quite new to the hardstyle myself but best place i've found is http://www.germantrance.com/ but i'm sure theres more out there. You'll enjoy mixin it anyway defo adds more variety and pitches up to mix with anythin, i especially like mixin it over tunes like "rock ya hardcore" if you no what i mean.

Venga familia!!!

Cheers m8, but with shipping its gonna cost me £16!

Sigma Gold 3 is amazing, you should check it out if you dont all ready have it.
I found it on germantrance.com but its out of stock
I'll keep looking for it.... or if you find it in a uk store please let me know, cheers

ecstatic_manic_erocdrah The speed is the only thing i like about this "genre". Sounds to me like a made up genre of styles that are not consistant. Uk hardcor yes has the breakbeats and freeform and all that but is organized in the sense of it falls under a steady variation. But yeah i kinda like it but hmm just odd to me i guess b/c of well to be honest my ignorants of it. So i mean does this genre release music or is sorta just a old retired anthems sorta like hhc?

>HARTER KOPF<

IMAGNE PEACE*

SAVE THE CHEESE!
>>SAVE THE SOUND<<
zippy it sure does....check out releases by.....

xque? records
bit music
ruboy records
pont aeri records
makina inside
blanko y negro

etc....it is an actual genre....and almost all makina releases will fall under the category of almost fast dance music...(reason being its pretty mainstream in spain)...so expect punchy less hard kicks,nice vocals,good melodies...the gabba,hardstyle etc...is actual gabba and hardstyle...they just incorporate it into the mixes as makina djs are cool...and it makes things interesting and tunes sound like whole new ones.

Brian K
quote:
Originally posted by zippy:
often accompanied by female singing exercises

haha jane fonda does hardcore, other than the mokum rip =P

listened to that mix, enjoyed the stuff like at 43:20...dirty and acidy, reminds me a lot of old terror traxx stuff. I don't like the sped up vocals throughout the set though.

don't really care for trancy synths either. I like the squeeky 303s but some of the tunes are just too cheesy.

"we'll delete the weak"
Chris B Fair enough brian mate can understand why it was not your thing, to be honest a lotta makina sounds more commercial than old dutch/scottish style. Glad you actually gave it a listen though think most the people that say they hate makina dont even really no what it is.

Dave mate only other site i can find is from australia so probs same difference for shipping, probs best to see if theres a coup,le you like shippin wont be too bad.

Venga familia!!!
bristolboy05 female singing voices sound brilliant in hardcore.

sell me ur soul and ill bring u power, sell me ur soul and darkness will roll. (its white magic, bad magic)
Dave Tee
quote:

Dave mate only other site i can find is from australia so probs same difference for shipping, probs best to see if theres a coup,le you like shippin wont be too bad.

Venga familia!!!

Not to worry m8, i've got it on its way now, off some French guy
Should be here soon

Chris B Much respect to international contacts i say, best source of tunes nobody else has

Look forward to hearin your mixes mate, gonna get myself a big order of hardstyle after my holiday start learnin more of it. Defo think it's a style of mixin could catch on in future.

Venga familia!!!
ecstatic_manic_erocdrah male vocals are better in hardcore. (love the emo vibe)

>HARTER KOPF<

IMAGNE PEACE*

SAVE THE CHEESE!
>>SAVE THE SOUND<<
lucificifus In many cases, makina is more origional than hardcore. People actually label an ablum with only rips as a remixes album (xque? remixes vol. 2, etc) and AS FAR AS I KNOW everything ruboy has ever done on his label is origional!

Its Dave Murray's kindof scene

pump tha selectah!
jcrawford Chris B - does not have a clue about makina. sellout
jcrawford See if people don't know about a certain type of music, they should just shut the **** up, and don't comment.

Learn about the music then comment, then people will understand where makina lies within the hardcore genre.
~DJ~DIZZY~D~ here is some makina, before u slag it off remember its off 9 years ago so dont start pure slaggin it off

http://www.mediafire.com/?6ehltlj0lxs
Lilley
quote:
Originally posted by jcrawford:
Chris B - does not have a clue about makina. sellout

good argument there. very well supported and thoroughly researched. keep up the good work.

way to dig up a two year old thread.

Does anyone know where to get any good Javi Tracker mixes? more of the newer makina im after.

It took 2.05 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page