My Area
Register
Donate
Help
FAQ
About us
Links
Articles
Competitions
Interviews
About HHC.com DJs
T-shirts and merchandise
Profile
Register
Active Topics
Topic Stats
Members
Search
Bookmarks
Add event
Label search
Artist search
Release / Track search

Raver's online
 Total online 287
 Radio listeners 151+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

  Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Scott Brown - New Comp CD & "DVD Feature Film!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed
   
Message Icon:
Message:

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

 
Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.
     
T O P I C     R E V I E W
Sk8SiM Posted By Scott Brown From Myspace!

Greetings!

Just to let you know I've started work on a new DVD MOVIE and MIX ALBUM concept with Nocturnal Media. We already filmed in Amsterdam last weekend (Scumworld) and will be filming at the following events, Easter Weekend:

Friday 6th April - Twisted & Brainfire, Glasgow (uk style)

Saturday 7th April - Tranzmission, London (uk style & hard)

Sunday 8th April - B2S, Rotterdam (old school)

Make sure you find the camera and get your face on it.... We'll be doing public and dj interviews, background on my life, and the general mayhem I have to go through to make gigs every weekend. There'll be a lot of stuff on there that you'll never normally get to see, and probably a lot that will surprise you.... Lots of brand new music will also be featured on the DVD and accompanying CD mix album.

A trailer will be posted in the coming weeks on myspace, youtube and www.evolutionrecords.net. Release date not set yet but will be available from all usual outlets including HMV and AMAZON. Updates will follow....

Scott


Sk8SiM: Fair play to the guy ^^^
Its something new enit - I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out
wong looks good cant wait
Orbit1 been waiting years for something like this!
95_was_the_time imo scott brown is way too overrated
this-is-bonkers im gunna buy that shit!! sounds well intresting..
Smoogie Im getting it. Hope It has somthing to do with Bouncy Techno if anything. It is a good idea but give it a few years and no Clubland will be complete without one of these 'DVD movies' and 'mix albums'
kathryn
quote:
Originally posted by 95_was_the_time:
imo scott brown is way too overrated


^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
fookoff you are really getting on my nerves 95!
Scot Brown is a talented dj artist and producer!

95>> WHO THE FOOK ARE YOU?


BTW! I look forward to seeing this from Scot Brown thanks for the post Sk8SiM!
Lilley
quote:
Originally posted by kathryn:
95>> WHO THE FOOK ARE YOU?



i think its quite obvious really. A 16 year old who doesnt like happy hardcore coz it 'ruins the scene' who has never been to a rave with mc storm, and so has no idea of the way he can make a crowd go nuts
Dain-Ja
quote:
Originally posted by Lilley:
quote:
Originally posted by kathryn:
95>> WHO THE FOOK ARE YOU?



i think its quite obvious really. A 16 year old who doesnt like happy hardcore coz it 'ruins the scene' who has never been to a rave with mc storm, and so has no idea of the way he can make a crowd go nuts



By talking over the music?

95_was_the_time is a HUGE douche and probably a 12 year old...but MC Storm is still super annoying

"It's the raver's anthem everybody give it up - I'm gonna blab loud and not shut up!"
bulby_g
quote:
Originally posted by Dain-Ja:
MC Storm is still super annoying



Agreed! Music is all you need. At the most they should have someone to introduce the next DJ's etc but they don't even need that IMO.
anabee awesome I can't wait to get the dvd I wonder how long till is out?
oh well I'll be on the lookout
Dain-Ja
quote:
Originally posted by bulby_g:
quote:
Originally posted by Dain-Ja:
MC Storm is still super annoying



Agreed! Music is all you need. At the most they should have someone to introduce the next DJ's etc but they don't even need that IMO.



Exactly.
A "host" is what you need - not a "rapper".

At the events I throw we've got a host that introduces every DJ and does a little hype thing once every hour or so/during giveaways.

It's plenty.
bulby_g
quote:
Originally posted by Dain-Ja:

Exactly.
A "host" is what you need - not a "rapper".

At the events I throw we've got a host that introduces every DJ and does a little hype thing once every hour or so/during giveaways.

It's plenty.



Aye, spot on. We don't even bother with that at our parties, just spin some tunes and be done with it. Everyone gets plenty hyped and stomping anyway.
Mortis
quote:
Originally posted by bulby_g:
quote:
Originally posted by Dain-Ja:

Exactly.
A "host" is what you need - not a "rapper".

At the events I throw we've got a host that introduces every DJ and does a little hype thing once every hour or so/during giveaways.

It's plenty.



Aye, spot on. We don't even bother with that at our parties, just spin some tunes and be done with it. Everyone gets plenty hyped and stomping anyway.



Have to agree with what you've been saying about Storm, he's a bit of a loud mouth cockend at times. He's annoying on tracks but okish live, same as Whizzkid.

The Scott Brown thing sounds great, hope it shows some of his production kit, and some of his tracks during the writting stages.

quote:
Originally posted by kathryn:
95>> WHO THE FOOK ARE YOU?


Well said, 95, when you've achieved in your life a fraction of the things Scott Brown has then maybe you'll be fit to polish his boots, but for now...just f*ck off.

95_was_the_time ??? I just posted my opinion and i get hated?? wow. :/

->
95_was_the_time don't get me wrong though I DO like his early stuff like elysium and +, power of love, and even as far as say neckbreaker but don't you think latley he's getting a bit pretentious?

Dj Esi is he **** lol i admit he isnt the best dj around but hes defnatly the best producer around in hardcore and gives so many people insperations for new stuff

tbh scott brown is just doing all he can to get his name remembered for years to come in the hardcore scene he desereves to be knwon by the world he works incredibly hard as all the hardcore scene do so scott brown and do what he likes coz he is GOD ! lol

speech over :P
Aaron-Htid if they niver had mc's at the raves ther wud be no motivation really apart from the music its-self. i think the mc's play an important role as they get th crowd motivated n up fur it. i agre storm is annoying sometimes.. mc whizzkid is th all round better mc deeper voice more structured lyrics n pretty much disny blether s h i t e!
kathryn
quote:
Originally posted by 95_was_the_time:
don't get me wrong though I DO like his early stuff like elysium and +, power of love, and even as far as say neckbreaker but don't you think latley he's getting a bit pretentious?





he's getting a bit pretentious?

thats you 95!
Mortis
quote:
Originally posted by 95_was_the_time:
don't get me wrong though I DO like his early stuff like elysium and +, power of love, and even as far as say neckbreaker but don't you think latley he's getting a bit pretentious?





I wouldn't say pretentious, more bland. He needs some more feeling/motivation in some of his tracks I think. Goodbye My Friend is a great example of when he's feeling the music he belts out a great track, but then you get some of his other tracks where he just seems to be going through the motions.

I like Scott Brown though, hope he contiunes to get back on form and gets some more cracking tracks out.

Chris B
quote:
Originally posted by 95_was_the_time:
don't get me wrong though I DO like his early stuff like elysium and +, power of love,



That aint his early stuff mate, well the club mix of power of love was early but the happy hardcore was more late 90's i think?

Should check the stuff on evo gold, twisted vinyl and especially the dutch releases on terrortrax and mokum and that. Scott Browns Annihilator's my fav alias he's used for tunes.

Heard a mix yesterday with a bouncy tune by scott brown called "hardcore is the future"?

Probs been out ages cos i rarely check imo but was fair good
DJ Mole actually the best producer in the scene is either Cube::Hard, Gammer or VAGABOND
Orbit1 some nice threadjacking here...Good job to all.

On a routine dicussion with my mates, we agreed that Scotty really is one of the biggest influences in hardcore. Well before Hixxy introduced his Raver Baby vibe, Scotty was trancing it up. Who helped bring back the bounce? Scotty.

Fact is, major props to him, its about time he did something like this.
Mortis
quote:
Originally posted by Orbit1:
Well before Hixxy introduced his Raver Baby vibe, Scotty was trancing it up.



I mentioned this on the forums not so long ago, I'm glad I'm not the only one who's been talking about it, I've been banging on about that fact for years. I'm glad other people have noticed it too.

latininxtc being in the US, the earliest that most of us here got happy hardcore is with the happy2bhardcore compilations mixed by anabolic frolic. the very 1st cd had both hixxy and scott brown tunes, but i think that the better trax were from hixxy cuz he had a more genuine "happy" sound. i love his trax like wantin 2 get high and get into love.

i still like scott brown and hixxy to this day and to me it seems like scott brown is getting back to his good stuff with trax like all about u and goodby my friend. i too am lookin 4ward to the cd/dvd product because it is the closest thing i can get 2 the hardcore scene here. i just hope that it is a region free coding dvd.
Orbit1
quote:
Originally posted by Mortis:
I mentioned this on the forums not so long ago, I'm glad I'm not the only one who's been talking about it, I've been banging on about that fact for years. I'm glad other people have noticed it too.



Its a shame that people blame hixxy for the trance mess. Having said that, I don't think its a mess, just need to have trancey vibes in moderation.
Mortis
quote:
Originally posted by Orbit1:
Its a shame that people blame hixxy for the trance mess.


Tell me about it, I think the ones who blame Hixxy are the weekend ravers. No nothings who want to try and sound like they know what they're talking about, I reckon they'd burn an effigy of Hixxy if they thought it would help them fit it.

Sk8SiM
quote:
Originally posted by 95_was_the_time:
imo scott brown is way too overrated



^^ Wow - whats wrong with that? no need for a falming guys! His expressing an cival opinion! lol ...In fact i agree with you mate! He is over rated! - but sometimes his also underated!

His music has gone really dull and boring in my books... just the same thing over and over, but - hey, thats my taste... scott can write whatever he wants - its not my role [or yours, or anyones] to tell producers how to write there passion!

Even though i ent a fan of his latest stuff... i still strongly respect the guy for his past work and his influance in this scene!
What can i say - "UK HardCore" just isn't my place anymore!

I'm Just looking forward to this DVD!
wong
quote:
Originally posted by Chris B:
quote:
Originally posted by 95_was_the_time:
don't get me wrong though I DO like his early stuff like elysium and +, power of love,



That aint his early stuff mate, well the club mix of power of love was early but the happy hardcore was more late 90's i think?

Should check the stuff on evo gold, twisted vinyl and especially the dutch releases on terrortrax and mokum and that. Scott Browns Annihilator's my fav alias he's used for tunes.

Heard a mix yesterday with a bouncy tune by scott brown called "hardcore is the future"?

Probs been out ages cos i rarely check imo but was fair good



his older stuff was wicked. 95 check this set out man from 93

side a http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UKVJVAGT

side b http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3ZKXQHVO
iluvhrdcor wow, i am so excited, i love scot brown. he is ****ing great!
bulby_g
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron-Htid:
if they niver had mc's at the raves ther wud be no motivation really apart from the music its-self. i think the mc's play an important role as they get th crowd motivated n up fur it. i agre storm is annoying sometimes.. mc whizzkid is th all round better mc deeper voice more structured lyrics n pretty much disny blether s h i t e!



Heh. I've been to parties that have no MC's that go on for entire bank holiday weekends and everyone at them dont seem to have any motivational issues. Why do you need some bloke to tell you to dance, surely that's what you came to do anyway? Besides if you wanted to go and mong out/wander off and have a bit of a waffle with friends/complete strangers shouldn't you be able to without someone telling you to "blah de blah de blah"etc.

MC's are the worst part of legal Hardcore and DnB raves IMO. They should just piss off. They are annoying and ruin my enjoyment of the music! Grrr etc.

MC's are killing the scene.

...

Yeah the DVD might be interesting if it features lots of old stuff on it. Gotta agree with Mortis it'd be good to see some studio action too.
The Doc first sample from his DVD! (guess what he plays) but it does look good quality!

http://www.brightcove.com/title.jsp?title=756022217
The Doc
quote:
Originally posted by The Doc:
first sample from his DVD! (guess what he plays) but it does look good quality!

http://www.brightcove.com/title.jsp?title=756022217



Does anyone else think the Dutch dance like chickens?

wong its their way of dancin to gabber, its just normal to them, they probably think we dance like twats...... which we do
ferocious
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
being in the US, the earliest that most of us here got happy hardcore is with the happy2bhardcore compilations mixed by anabolic frolic. the very 1st cd had both hixxy and scott brown tunes, but i think that the better trax were from hixxy cuz he had a more genuine "happy" sound.

That's because Brown was firmly from the Scottish scene where the music was different and much harder. Hixxy was from the English scene where the music was all happy and softer. They were never the same thing and still aren't to a lesser degree. The English never really heard of Brown until the 21st century when he moved down there.
Dave Tee Scott B's been making trance influenced stuff for years, check this shit out:

http://www.discogs.com/release/46149

A few of the tunes on that are 'trancey'. European producer have been making trancecore for longer than that, the earliest I've heard is from 1994 but there are probably earlier ones.

Who turned that quality trancecore into the trance bollox comin out now is a different question tho



Re Scott Brown, I hadn't really liked any of Scott's stuff for a while - it was all kind of formulaic in my opinion. My favourite stuff he's ever done was the old stuff on Screwdriver Records and the bouncy stuff on the old Evolution tunes, Equazion Part 7 etc.
Future_Shock Yeah Scott brown has been a huge influence to the scene and is arguable the most influencial person in hardcore.

I do think, however, that recently either his stuff is going downhill or other producers are getting better because at the moment i would KILL to hear something by Vagabond or Gammer and while id still listen to something by scott brown it wouldnt be my first choice, unless it was his older shit.

The dvd would be wickid tho, bring it on!
DarrenJ haha that trailer video is pimp
The Doc
quote:
Originally posted by DarrenJ:
haha that trailer video is pimp


did you check out the Dream frequency vid? just aint the same without the vocals! Take me to the top!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

drivebye
quote:
Originally posted by wong:
quote:
Originally posted by Chris B:
quote:
Originally posted by 95_was_the_time:
don't get me wrong though I DO like his early stuff like elysium and +, power of love,



That aint his early stuff mate, well the club mix of power of love was early but the happy hardcore was more late 90's i think?

Should check the stuff on evo gold, twisted vinyl and especially the dutch releases on terrortrax and mokum and that. Scott Browns Annihilator's my fav alias he's used for tunes.

Heard a mix yesterday with a bouncy tune by scott brown called "hardcore is the future"?

Probs been out ages cos i rarely check imo but was fair good



his older stuff was wicked. 95 check this set out man from 93

side a http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UKVJVAGT

side b http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3ZKXQHVO




argh the second set is only isnt stereo.. and is panned to the right for some reason!
i cant listen to it with headphones :S
Gav001 Hardcore MC's could learn alot from the Hardstyle MC's! And learn to shut up and not ruin the good parts of the music!

It took 1.47 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

    

1999 - 2020 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page