Radio listeners 186+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 West Fest 07

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Marshy88 Im Sure that was last night , can someone tell me who won what please.
DJ Mole Best DJ - Darren Styles
Best Track - Gammer (i presume for let it shine)
Best Label - Raverbaby
Best Producer - Gammer
Best MC - Storm
Website - SV
Breakthrough - Squad-e

Taken from Loz' post on Ush.net

Shocking Styles won best DJ heh should of been Gammer, Marc Smith or Sharkey!
kathryn
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Mole:
Best DJ - Darren Styles
Best Label - Raverbaby
Best Producer - Gammer
Best MC - Storm
Website - SV
Breakthrough - Squad-e

Best DJ - Darren Styles>>>>>>95 was the time will love that
Meathead
quote:
Best DJ - Darren Styles
Best Label - Raverbaby
Best Producer - Gammer
Best MC - Storm
Website - SV
Breakthrough - Squad-e

seriously? thats a load of crap!
Lilley i dont mind gamer winning something. why wasnt darwin breakthrough? im sure he has more tracks on the next bonkers then squad-e
Craigavon raver styles again best dj who,s voting for him and what about nu foundation for break thru
Meathead im glad bout gammer, but darren styles? raver baby? squad-e? and why dint happyhardcore.com win best website?
redwingz cant believe styles won. and raverbaby winnin best label? they av hardly dun owt this year
Jax Best DJ - Darren Styles LOL
Best Track - Gammer (i presume for let it shine) I can deal with that
Best Label - Raverbaby Pardon, was that a joke?
Best Producer - Gammer Definatly up there with the best
Best MC - Storm LOL
Website - SV Didnt even know it existed..
Breakthrough - Squad-e It must of been so hard licking hixxy's arse to Break Through..!
wong who was breathrough mc?
Leto i fink i neeed 2 go 2 sv rite now n chek out jus y its tha bes website innit?

raverbaby ftw!
Dj Satsky Raverbaby did hardly any releases this year and that got best label...
DJ Mole MC Static won breakthrough MC
wong
quote:
MC Static won breakthrough MC

never heard him, he any good?

Mortis Now hang on a minute, how the hell can RB get best label if they have not had a release this year?

Squad-E for best breakthrough, Styles for best DJ, RB best label - how much self promotion does Hixxy actually want? It's getting a bit of a joke now, thank god for albums like Hardcore Undergound thats all I can say.
bulby_g Jokes. Don't think I'll even bother to vote anymore.

It's funny because I don't think I've ever seen/heard a positive remark made about the results. It does strike me as a bit odd.
redwingz i doubt any1 on this forum actually voted for darren styles and raverbaby. how are they getting their votes? what type of perswon is it who is voting for them? the people who dont really follow hardcore?

I reckon Quosh best label
bulby_g
quote:
Originally posted by redwingz:
i doubt any1 on this forum actually voted for darren styles and raverbaby. how are they getting their votes? what type of perswon is it who is voting for them? the people who dont really follow hardcore?

Really? I think they're pretty bad these days. Shame.

TNC = Best UKcore label -----> .
DJGolly what about kurt for breakthrough?????????and raverbaby for best label is an absolute joke who votes for these like?????????
redwingz Yeah, i quitee like quosh, i bought a few of their releases this year and im lovin maniac psycho
DarrenJ
quote:
i doubt any1 on this forum actually voted for darren styles and raverbaby. how are they getting their votes? what type of perswon is it who is voting for them? the people who dont really follow hardcore?

from my impression from other years, is most votes come from people voting on fliers at raves, by SV winning best site, I have a feelig most people voted at a SV event
danjel
quote:
Best DJ - Darren Styles
Best Label - Raverbaby
Best Producer - Gammer
Best MC - Storm
Website - SV
Breakthrough - Squad-e

Also to add: Best Live act: Joey Riot & Kurt

I think its all fake. They dont care about the votes. They deside themself who should win or not.
hardcore anorak gammer should of deffo won best dj he is buy far superior to styles storm mc he is a wkd mc but for me wotsee or whizzkid either or ill b happy.Think raverbaby won best label this year because of htid in the sun and all there events ppl mayb voting on past rb tunes or mayb how there events differ from other events i really dont no dont get me wrong rbc do make wkd tunes but what abt essential platinum.warped science[my fav labels at mo]dont even get look in and sv best website lol[we do an outdoor fetival so i think we will give this award to ourselfs] also if all rb tunes come out much quicker there might b some justice in them getting award.
roundhead711 Energy or gammer shud win best dj imo both mixin live are completely flawless cept for gammer now and again gammer shud get production adn nt into my mc'ing much but fink its storm he hypes the crowd the most which is the point of an mc i fink.
ANd RAVERBABY......No even gonna comment.
Im just gonna say...possibly quosh next gen had sum good releases v.recently or THC (supreme and sunset regime are doing well recently).

WHAT GOT BEST COMPILATION ???.......... Now 68!!
Fluffbomb
quote:

I'm guessing quite a few of the 5000 people I saw dancing to his Westfest set might have voted for him!

I saw a few of the Happycore DJs (even both sets I saw in the Old skool room were '95-'98 Happycore) and mixing wise they weren't a patch on the D&B boys. For instance Andy C was doing quick mixes with double drops & teases while the Happycore DJ's were playing almost the entire tunes just mixing the intros & outros.

Was anybody else actually there?
DJ Mole
quote:
Originally posted by roundhead711:

Bonkers of course
Dj Satsky Best DJ should have been gone to Gammer tbh..
Ard2theCore DSI Won best Website not SV.
Dj Satsky Bonkers got the best album.
bent_bananna Westfest was ****in amazing!!!!! Raved my tits off all nite to Marc Smith, Friction, Andy C, Dougal n Gammer, Sy m **** knows who else i cant remeber much else. Dougal and Gammers incredible tho. You don't need to do double drops and keep stoppin n rewindin every 30 seconds like Andy C did and a few other DnB DJ's did. its all about the phat tunes!!!!

Anyone that wants to see some videos from there check my youtube tommorrow when I upload them :D
roundhead711
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by roundhead711:

Bonkers of course

I really do hope u know thats was a joke
roundhead711 What got track?

hope it was sacrifice
Fluffbomb
quote:
Originally posted by bent_bananna:
You don't need to do double drops and keep stoppin n rewindin every 30 seconds like Andy C did and a few other DnB DJ's did. its all about the phat tunes!!!!

It would have been nice to see the top Hardcore DJs varying the mixes a bit! I've heard non-famous DJs put far more effort into mixes!

bent_bananna marc smith did a phat set
Nooney
quote:
Originally posted by Fluffbomb:
It would have been nice to see the top Hardcore DJs varying the mixes a bit! I've heard non-famous DJs put far more effort into mixes!

You say that as if it surprises you.
djhutton Scott Brown shoulda got something,
Fluffbomb
quote:
Originally posted by Nooney:
quote:
Originally posted by Fluffbomb:

You say that as if it surprises you.

I suppose I'm not too surprised. Would have hoped they'd put a bit more effort in at an event where the D&B DJ's are likely to be doing all their tricks. I hardly saw Andy C away from his decks during his set!

bent_bananna Andy C presses all his vinyl at the same speed so he dusnt have to bother beat matchin
kathryn
quote:
Originally posted by bent_bananna:
Westfest was ****in amazing!!!!! Raved my tits off all nite to Marc Smith, Friction, Andy C, Dougal n Gammer, Sy m **** knows who else i cant remeber much else. Dougal and Gammers incredible tho. You don't need to do double drops and keep stoppin n rewindin every 30 seconds like Andy C did and a few other DnB DJ's did. its all about the phat tunes!!!!

Anyone that wants to see some videos from there check my youtube tommorrow when I upload them :D

Give us a link then i can have a peep please?
Cotts oh god, another year another load of results which are full of raver baby rubbish. Goddamn it...
bent_bananna http://www.youtube.com/bentbananna
mart887 Who got outstanding contribution?
redwingz **** me, them videos from westfest look soooo good, i wish i was there, so gutted i didnt go, thats the disadvantage of not havin any mates who are into hardcore.
Mr igloo Outstanding Contribution 2007
1. Hixxy

Uproar The Hardcore Awards have been a joke for a while now. How can a label that has released no records this year win Best Label?
danjel
quote:
Originally posted by djhutton:
Scott Brown shoulda got something,

Scott Brown don´t want to get a award. He think the award is a joke like all others do. Remember he said that after last years awards.
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by danjel:
quote:
Originally posted by djhutton:
Scott Brown shoulda got something,

Scott Brown don´t want to get a award. He think the award is a joke like all others do. Remember he said that after last years awards.

either way whether or not he thinks its a joke i still wouldn't want him 2 win. he's not what he used 2 b. but i agree w/ alot of u that gammer should've won. at least a new feeling won best song.
DJ Bounce Aye it's mad how a label that has released NOTHING since just before the awards last year can win again this year. Shame for all the labels who are constantly putting tunes out.

It took 2.5 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page