Radio listeners 177+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 ELECTRONICA EXPOSED - NEWS STATEMENT 02.06.2008

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Shanty

After much consideration, Electronica Exposed will stop releasing hardcore and freeform in 2008.

The decision has been based on a number of both business and personal factors, but unfortunately it would be impossible to run the hardcore and freeform side of the business at the current standard, and I do not wish to continue if this standard cannot be sustained.

Running the labels has had its ups and downs over the years but I'd like to thank everyone who has bought the releases, all of the artists for supplying great music, all the businesses I've dealt with (even if the majority of them ended up in liquidation or administration lol) and all the great people I've met along the way.

There are a few friends I'd like to thank especially for their support over the years.. you know who you are! Respect!

For the time being, Electronica Exposed will continue to operate as normal. There are many releases still scheduled for this year including:

CDs - Artist Albums:

Lost Soul 'Human Being'
Firefly 'Omega Point'
Grimsoul 'TBC'
Substanced 'TBC'

CDs - Compilations:

Kreatrix 6
Full Circle 2
Electronic Exclusives 10, 11 and 12
Digital Beats - The Complete Works
Movement 2004
Electronic - The Complete Works Volumes 1, 2, 3 and 4
Electromagnetic - The Complete Works
Bedlam albums

Vinyl:

Electromagnetic 1, 2, 3 and 4
Hardcore Coalition 4, 5 and 6

That's most of what's scheduled but there may be releases missing. There are some great releases scheduled past Hardcore Coalition 6, but they haven't been confirmed yet by all parties.

Over the remainder of the year, Electronica Exposed will be selling off all our remaining back catalogue releases, so look out for some special offers and sales over the next few months!!

Electronica Exposed will remain open past 2008 and will focus on our forthcoming Electrocute progressive house label and our Electrolysis hard dance label. Electronica Exposed will continue to administer our back catalogue of releases for the foreseeable future.

In addition to the labels closing, I personally will not be producing hardcore and freeform past the current projects that are currently being completed.

As the film and song states "Never Say Never Again", so who knows what the future will bring...

Finally, I'd like to say that it's been a pleasure running the labels over the years and I hope that our music has brought you some happiness and enjoyment.

Richard Andrews / Shanty
@ Electronica Exposed
http://www.electronicaexposed.co.uk
Ionosphere
quote:
Originally posted by Shanty:

After much consideration, Electronica Exposed will stop releasing hardcore and freeform in 2008.

Good luck with everything else mate.
Samination Too bad, your the only Label that does CD and digital, which are the formats I want.

Personally, Hardcore (and Freeform) have become boring, so, even to my dismay, it's a good thing you leave hardcore, maybe people will wake up and start producing properly again, or atleast interesting music (sorry Luna C, but I still dont like your stuff )
Leto ^^No reason to be negative here.

I'm very sad to read this news. Electronica Exposed is one of my favorite collectives. :(
Mad Max just when i thought my day couldnt get any worse :(
DJ-Intensity I very much liked the tunes this label produced devastating news.
Brian K bummer, that's sad news. best of luck shanty!

was really enjoying the hardcore coalitions, looking forward to the next ones.
mj-dream sad day :(

i can see more following tbh.........good luck in whatever you do :)
Shanty Thanks for your nice comments!

Hardcore Coalition will hopefully make it to release 10 if all goes to plan..
Torpex The worst attempt at April Fool's ever.

:(

Take a deep breath and announce a comeback soon!
DJ-Intensity Hardcore Coalition already heard a few tunes from the label and I am impressed with them.
Cotts That bad news, especially about Hardcore Coalition. But all the best shanty. The first three volumes of those really really kick ass love the tunes.
Samination lets hope Hardocre Coalation hits digital releases before it gets liquified :(
DJ-Intensity The label only came out this year.
Treasure Big respect to you !
xxxx
Shanty Presuming the releases sell well, there'll be at least 10 releases on Hardcore Coalition, and we could go further.. so as a label it may continue on a lot longer than the others...

The releases will go on CD and download at some point. It's just a question of whether it's all of them or I just release the Electronica Exposed tracks on the releases.
Torpex How's the mp3 store going btw? Maybe it can pull in some extra dough to justify keeping the pace. ;)

It took 1.31 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page