Radio listeners 174+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Ken Masters pres Clubscene Anthems vol 1

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Ken Masters This is the first addition to my new collection of set's. It's called Clubscene Anthems & is taking a look, back through the Clubscene catalogue & early Glasgow Hardcore. Back in the 90's, Glasgow had one of the best Hardcore scenes around & I don't think anyone can disagree with that so i've decide to pay sum respects to these 'Legend of the Core' by putting together a few set's dedicated to the sound of Clubscene. These vinyls are very old & aren't exactly DJ friendly so the sound quality might not be the best at sum points with a bit of distortion but it's all for the love of the old skool! Hope you enjoy & if anyone would like a tracklist just let me know. Also for anyone who doesn't know much about clubscene here a little bit of info & the link to the Clubscene Website.

P.S. KEEP ON THE LOOK OUT FOR Vol 2! COMING SOON

"Clubscene Records kicked off in the summer of '92 - born out of the monthly Clubscene free monthly publication which became the 'read' for all Scotland's clubbing generation. Their first official release was 'Obsession' by Ultrasonic a band which went onto become a firm favourite within the worldwide rave scene - with releases and tours in the UK, Germany, Australia & Japan - an extra special bonus for Ultrasonic fans is a brand new mix of 'Check Your Head' by The Delegates. Also featuring cuts from the likes of Ultimate Buzz, TTF and The Rhythmic State whose PA's were an essential part of the thriving rave scene"
for loads more info check out the link below or go to discogs.

Clubscene Record Official Website : [url][/url]http://www.clubscene.co.uk

Ken Masters presents Clubscene Anthems Vol 1 (approx 30mins)
[url][/url]http://http://www.4shared.com/file/54243392/7a22641b/DJ_Ken_Masters_pres_Clubscene_Anthems_Vol_1.html
FingazMc Will download when i get off my online game (im a geek i know) could you send a TL please :)
Ken Masters TL sent fingaz;-) enjoy mate
acidfluxxbass awesome tunes
this is the kinda stuff i love to hear but simply dont hear enough of!
Good work mate

Oh and TL please mate.
Thanks
Smoogie On the download now! I was thinking earlier how I would like to here some eralier Scottish stuff lol

Looking forward to this!
Jimouk Downloading now, can I get a tracklist?
Ken Masters tracklist's sent lads, let me know what you think;-)
Smoogie
quote:
Originally posted by djkenmasters:
tracklist's sent lads, let me know what you think;-)

Thanks! As I said in PM it is a good mix!
Ionosphere Bloody marvelous mate.
Jimouk Very nice, thanks for this!
Vitalism on the DL.

this sounds like something i'll like.
Ken Masters Cheers lads, good to see you're all enjoyin it:-) Definetly gonnay get started on Vol 2 so keep a look out!
Vitalism it's a refreshing set to hear, even though it's older music.

it's got a fun sound and i can't say i've heard a much of it before. i wish i was around when this stuff was played in clubs. where'd you find it all anyway?

either way, it gets a 10 outta 10 from me bro.
Ken Masters Cheers alex, much appreciated. I suppose it's just vinyls i've added to my collection over the past few years. Clubscene records was arguably the best Record label, & still is, in Scotland. At the peak of the Rave scene 90-96, Clubscene Records were scooping up all the up & coming talent, from Ultrasonic to Marc Smith, this was the label everyone dreamed to be on. I wanted to let people from all over the world hear this style as Hardcore is growing & expanding more & more & alot of people have completely forgotten about it.

I've just posted the next addition to the series on the Forums ' Clubscene Anthems vol 2' which has more classics from the past. I didn't mix the tracks this time as a few of them ain't exactly DJ friendly & a few of the tracks had been recorded live. I've got quite a few Clubscene records so keep your eyes peeled for Vol 3, on the way soon. Glad your liking the it anyway mate. This was the sound of Scottish clubs in the early 90's. What a scene!
ferocious Nice to hear a blast from the past.

Clubscene was the first Scottish dance/rave label. Very popular seller. Easily bigger than all these things on the go today minus the internet and TV adverts. They did however have a free magazine that must of shifted silly numbers, as did the rival M8 Magazine.

The label wasn't dedicated to one sound, though did help in the success of the piano vocal dance (not on the mix) and bouncy techno / hardcore (on the mix) that both pretty much shaped things of today, certainly in the 1990s.

Ultra-Sonic was the main label seller and a big name here (first track on the mix is Ultra-Sonic). Tom Wilson was another on Clubscene. Listen to this radio tribute to Tom in full and you'll grasp the sort of scale. I'm not on about the songs but the tributes between the songs.

We are talking a heavily listened to prime time rave music show at the weekend on national FM radio here, that was soon expanded to an hourly weekday DJ mix show at around 6PM! That was because of the amount of interest. Most of the young people then would know who these guys were as it was the cool big thing.
DJ-Intensity This is an awesome mix.

bulby_g Awesome mix mate! Will be sure to grab V2 when I get a chance. ;)
Ken Masters FEROCIOUS, thanks for your input, sum great info there. I'm a huge fan of Tom Wilson! He's an absolute Scottish Legend & will never be forgotten. I've got his full range of Bouncing Back CD's & still can't get enough of them. Awesome CD's!

I had a listen to the dedication to tom on Radio Forth & it was top notch. I'm so glad you posted it on here because I would never have heard it. thanks for that mate. I would love to put that on my Radio Station, on the Auto DJ but i'm not sure if that would violate copyright laws so I wont bother but i'll never lose this as it's a great way to remember Tom & what a legend he really was! Thanks again mate;-)

Thanks for all the great feedback, much appreciate lads!
Wilky listening now matey...
Ken Masters nice one wilky, let me know what you think mate;-)
Chris B class label will grab a bit of this mate
Ken Masters good man Chris, let me know if you want a TL
FingazMc Great mix mate :) Gotta love the old skool
ferocious No probs djkenmasters. Yeah, there was a lot of history lost for sure with Tom. As you'd of heard it is thanks to Tom that a lot of these bands and DJs existed - they said it themselves. Also very important outlet on radio lost.
Ken Masters Yeah, he really was the man when it came to playing up & coming dance bands. It's really obvious when you hear people getting interviewed on his Dedication set. They say that they oew it all to Tom. Tom is the reason that i've started up my own Internet Radio Station. I wanted to follow in his footsteps & keep Hardcore & early Dance music alive. I think it's one way to show my respects to the legend that is Tom Wilson

P.S. Cheers Fingaz;-)
Sulphurik Listening to some Clubscene tracks earlier including the Essential Clubscene Volume 3 compilation.

Have heard of DJ Ten before but can't say knew any of his tracks. Quite liking the sound of Rock The Discotek (Ten % Vol. Mix) from that Clubscene album...liking the part after 1m 30s. Sound of the song at 6 minutes sounds like Gordon Tennant.

Also liking another track from the Tennant's Special EP, Turn up the music (Fermented mix).

DJ Ten is now producing trance. He's done a couple of trance tracks within the past couple of years and one from this year Submariner on Bass Generator Digital.

Check out his Facebook page for lots of old school dance and hardcore mixes.

It took 1.39 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page