Radio listeners 175+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 General discussion
 Sy+Unknown Comic Relief 'Making Me Water Plants'

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Triquatra don't know how many of you have picked up on this, but Sy and Unknown have done a song for Comic Relief in keeping with the theme "Do Something Funny For Money!"
Sy & Unknown featuring Lou Lou, MC Storm & MC Whizzkid - Makin' Me Water Plants

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVPGQVJo03E

Comic relief happens every 2 years here in the UK, its a coming together of comedians and the media to raise money for charitys both around the world and in the UK - its a huge national event!

you can buy the mp3 from the quosh store and All proceeds will go to the comic relief charity!http://www.quoshrecords.com/index.php?app=gbu0&ns=prodshow&ref=MMWP&sid=il8433824989usq6yw7olp6pfo4gxd8p

wouldnt it be cool if the other big guns could come up with some amusing comic relief songs too

wonder what the titles could be?...............
acidfluxxbass "let your lawnmower take you there"
Samination this joke is as old as the song it self :P

Nice to see that they actually made a remix of it :P
JayHH86 Darren Styles could do a Save Me remix: Shave Me. Wouldn't be much of a remix, obviously, simply just changing the one word when performing.

In my imagination, it would feature Styles being shaved (for charity, of course) from head to toe by little charity kids, whilst performing Shave Me live on national television, with Lenny Henry on backing vocals.
The Dopeman wudnt be much point ds is a in popcore boy now so the only hair wud be on his head lol
Samination Fixing the lost link ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhmsdybhsao
robertybob
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
Fixing the lost link ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhmsdybhsao

Thanks! Completely forgot about this. Wish I could find the lyrics somewhere haha
Samination https://www.lololyrics.com/lyrics/15643.html
MusicILove I wish I could find a copy of this.

I would love to have it. Shame it?s not on the download stores with the rest of their catalogue.
Samination it never was on any stores. but i can't remember if it was freely given out or not
Gazza1712 If you want a digital copy of this I have it as Chris sorted me out with the entire back catalogue Digitally of quosh, ripped 2 ****, Ukn, triffik toons, homegrown and all his other bits from some labels.
MusicILove
quote:
Originally posted by Gazza1712:
If you want a digital copy of this I have it as Chris sorted me out with the entire back catalogue Digitally of quosh, ripped 2 ****, Ukn, triffik toons, homegrown and all his other bits from some labels.

I would love it. :)

Is there a way to get in touch with him? I would love to get all of that as I got in to hardcore around the time everything went to shit with Quosh.
Gazza1712 All the digital back catalogue quosh stuff is all available to buy on beatport and Juno download mate, I know Chris personally and he?s been good to me over the years, sending me stuff and also I purchased nearly all of his tracks on release day and he knows this and I was a big supporter of his u.k.n label, my old hard drive died with all my hardcore on I had bought up until 2012 and then I bought I knew one so he sorted me along with extra bits and I gave him some money for doing it as it is over 20 years of his work, but if you are after quosh and u.k.n bits they are available to buy on the download stores.
AWal
quote:
All the digital back catalogue quosh stuff is all available to buy on beatport and Juno download mate...if you are after quosh and u.k.n bits they are available to buy on the download stores.

Last few label shops to carry Quosh are iTunes, BeatPort and Junodownload. Of the bunch JunoDownload was the most complete, but everything older than 2010 was mp3 only and got "Removed from the database" when they went through and "fixed their database issues" by purging all mp3-only releases in August 2019.

BeatPort only goes back to 50, so those on the hunt for the 90s sound are out of luck.

QSH103 is still vinyl only

QSH104A is now out in digital as of 2017 thanks to AATW

QSH105 was TrackItDown exclusive, but since that site broke in October 2018, those tracks are not longer available.

Sure, I'm grateful for what we are (still) able to get, but if you are indeed buddy buddy with Chris and he still has control of the labels, ask him to do us a favor and follow in the path of Executive, Maximum Impact, 24/7, KFA etc. and either square away a discography on BandCamp, or seal a deal with Hardcore Underground to sell a catalog bundle.
Gazza1712 He won?t be doing that mate as he no longer plays out and isn?t really interested in hardcore anymore, but send me your email address and what you are after and il get a download link ready for you on we transfer, I think some tracks you mentioned are take me to the clouds above and in and out of love they done with hixxy although I think that may be on raver baby not quosh but I have both digitally,
MusicILove
quote:
He won?t be doing that mate as he no longer plays out and isn?t really interested in hardcore anymore, but send me your email address and what you are after and il get a download link ready for you on we transfer, I think some tracks you mentioned are take me to the clouds above and in and out of love they done with hixxy although I think that may be on raver baby not quosh but I have both digitally,

I have most of what was available digitally. I would love to find digital copies of save me SY & unknown remix and sure feels good SY & unknown remix and the track previously mentioned.

KungFuRabbit
quote:
Originally posted by MusicILove:

I have most of what was available digitally. I would love to find digital copies of save me SY & unknown remix and sure feels good SY & unknown remix and the track previously mentioned.

I have Save Me on vinyl, so I could get you a vinyl rip if you can't find a 'true' digital file anywhere. I had messaged Sy a few months back asking him about unreleased stuff / digital files (since I was also trying to track down the Sure Feels Good remix and some others like all the ripped 2 fcuk stuff - i have most on vinyl but actual digitals are probably better than vinyl rips), and he told me that everything that had a planned release was released already. So either it was out on some online store 10+ yrs ago, or it never got a release at all :/
Gazza1712 Even with Chris sending me these bits there are still tracks I had digitally on my old hard drive that died that I will never get back, such a shame.
Also they had done a new remix of edge 1 compounded that they were playing out at the end of 2011 and in 2012 just before quosh ended and it was an updated version of the one that was on ripped to fcuk years earlier and I?ve asked both sy and Chris and neither of them have the file.
I also have the sy and unknown remix digitally of save me. I will put a folder together with some bits in, once people have replied saying what they want
So far I will add
Save me sy & unknown remix
In and out of love
Take me to the clouds above
Makin me water plants
Ripped 2 fcuk
sebastianNL I already bought about anything that is digitally available from Sy & Unknown. Too bad we will never see a complete collection of some kind... I'm still hoping for full versions of some great tracks that were on mixed albums, maybe you could help me with those ? :D

For example:

- Hixxy - Time Comes (Sy & Unknown Remix)
- Footprintz vs Sy & Unknown - Hold Me
- Breeze & Styles - Thug Boy (Sy & Unknown Remix)
- Ultrabeat vs Darren Styles - Sure Feels Good (Hixxy, Sy & Unknown Remix)
- Hixxy, Sy & Unknown - Be The One

Such a shame such great tracks never get released...

Oh and this would be nice too:

- Gammer + MC Storm - 21st Century Rush (Sy & Unknown Remix)

Thanks for checking!!
KungFuRabbit
quote:
Originally posted by sebastianNL:

I believe this one did get a release, but on vinyl only. BABY51

Pretty sure I have that record
sebastianNL
quote:
Originally posted by KungFuRabbit:
quote:
Originally posted by sebastianNL:

I believe this one did get a release, but on vinyl only. BABY51

Pretty sure I have that record

Yes I know, that was just about the digital version.

It took 1.31 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page