Radio listeners 179+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 R.I.P Nu foundation

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Wilky
:(

Mortis WTF, surely not
Wilky afraid so mate

http://www.facebook.com/search/?refid=7#/profile.php?id=248743236787&refid=46
Mortis Yeah I just read it. Absolutely gutting news
carldj90 I'm very upset....

R.I.P Nu Foundation you will be missed
Audio Warfare Shit, can't believe it. :( RIP
Wilky sad times for hardcore...

let's celebrate tho as was a quality producer...

this is for you Nu foundation, thanks for some top quality hardcore
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIIft_eQV8c
Mortis
carldj90
quote:
Originally posted by Wilky:
sad times for hardcore...

let's celebrate tho as was a quality producer...

this is for you Nu foundation, thanks for some top quality hardcore
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIIft_eQV8c

That's my favorite remix of Fly With You <3
Leto Sad. A great figure on this site and in hardcore.
Vladel OMG gutted
redwingz Its such a shame :( Mikey genuinely was a top guy, he helped me out with so many things! As a producer he was finally starting to get the recognition he deserved and was set to go from strength to strength.
He will be deeply missed by so many, and Im sure all our thoughts go out to his family right now.

R.I.P <3
acidfluxxbass As a producer, he was rapidly becoming the best around.

As a person, he was known for his being kind and being someone easy to talk to by big names and fans alike.

RIP Mikey, you'll be dearly missed.
Samination better than living a live on painkillers n stuff :/
Dante The good ones go first innit :( RIP
JayHH86 This is absolutely gutting news. Feel so bad for the family.

Obviously I didn't know him personally, but by all accounts he sounds like a genuinely nice guy.

Hell of a producer.
djdaft RIP :(
latininxtc so sorry to hear such sad news :'(

will always remember him for this song. may he rest in peace

SPOOX R.I.P. Nu Foundation.

Absolutely gutted to hear this. I thought he was making a slight improvement?

Brian K r.i.p. sir. at least you're not in pain anymore
danielseven R.I.P. Mikey, you'll be missing in the hardcore scene!
My throughts go even for his family and all his friends!
Warnman Spechless and astonied...
djbood So sad for such a young talented lad.

One hell of a producer without a doubt, all his tunes were full of emotion, the way it should be.

Deepest thoughts go out to his family and friends, lets remember him how he would want us to, for being hardcore!

RIP xx
Samination a great thing would be that the label owners would donate the earnings from records containing Nu Foundation tracks, to his family.

I haven't checked most of his latest stuff, but from the samples I've heard, I quite like them.
Vitalism how devastating

losing a brother or child would be just about the worst thing ever.

my thoughts are with his family...
8D Hardcore losses one of its best ;_;

he really was h.t.i.d , R.I.P mate
Quicksilver Take me over, take me there
Take me almost anywhere
Let my inspiration be your guide
Take me to infinity
Far from this reality
Let me feel your power deep inside

R.I.P. <3
DJ-Hutchy R.I.P MIKEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gone but not forgotten!!!
Pulse89 RIP :[
ChiefRocka I didn't know you, but rest in peace man. No more worries for you.

It's a sad day for hardcore.
Lorenzo.Tweakn RIP Mikey "Nu foundation" O'Brien. You fought as hard as you could for as long as you could, Ill deff be playing his tunes before every surgery & doctor's appointment i have to remember to keep fighting.

i seriously couldnt imagine how his family feels. i spoke to his brother a few nights ago on facebook about my illness.

-Lorenzo CJ Acevedo.
JustIncredible :(

RIP
DJ C-Regz If you were a fan of his music, please donate to his family. Even if its $1. Proceeds go to his family for covering funeral costs/memorial, etc.

http://www.inmemoryofmikey.com

Love and adored by many, you will be missed. :( RIP
tru bass Very talented man, condolences towards his family.
Futureintalekt Really sad news about Mikey. Love and prayers go to his family and loved ones. A true loss for hardcore. RIP xxx
Quicksilver I wish I could donate but my credit card limit has been reached. :( I made a little tribute mix instead...
SPOOX
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
so sorry to hear such sad news :'(

This is my favorite choon of Nu Foundation's. I chatted to him online about it & said how much i liked it. Although i didn't know him personally he seemed like a really nice person.
RIP Mikey.
NekoShuffle
quote:
Originally posted by DJ C-Regz:
If you were a fan of his music, please donate to his family. Even if its $1. Proceeds go to his family for covering funeral costs/memorial, etc.

http://www.inmemoryofmikey.com

Love and adored by many, you will be missed. :( RIP

beat me to it. I've said my bits on twitter/FB etc so I'll just say Mikey you will be sorely, sorely missed. RIP

But yes if you can donate ANYTHING to the above it would be a brilliant help to his family to give Mikey the send off he deserves. Even if it's just a dollar or a quid or whatnot every little helps and it all builds up =)
Dogsy
quote:
Originally posted by SPOOX:
quote:
so sorry to hear such sad news :'(

This is my favorite choon of Nu Foundation's. I chatted to him online about it & said how much i liked it. Although i didn't know him personally he seemed like a really nice person.

My favourite aswell.... what a track.. listened to it so many times. Had it in my head today. Fantastic producer. R.I.P

RIP Mikey.

deejaybee RIP Mikey. Thank you for supporting me, my label and my goals when I was still part of the music.
latininxtc do the royalties of his tracks go to his family?

if so, that would also be a great way to help out, to purchase what you can that Mikey has made.
silver RIP, tragic news :(
8D
quote:
Originally posted by deejaybee:
RIP Mikey. Thank you for supporting me, my label and my goals when I was still part of the music.

awe deejaybee you quit too? I always thought you were awesome, loved your take on "shook ones"
Yoko Sad to see him go at only 25. I'll do the best I can, dedicate next week's news to him :)
Liquid_NRG One of my favorite Nu Foundation tracks of last year.

http://soundcloud.com/nu-foundation/phenex-nu-foundation-ft-le-kat-power-of-goodbye-nu-foundation-mix-promo-clip
acidfluxxbass Thats a nice news post wilky. :)
Samination haha, he looks like a sound guy, alto that image giving him a little image of a nutter.

Now that I think of it, I think he visited the IRC chat a couple of times a few years ago.
I don't remember if I had a fight with him, as I tend to be bloody outright when I talk to people about their tracks on there
redwingz Thumpa has put together a mix of some of Mikey's best productions in a 45 minute mix, bit of a journey from his older stuff, right up to the modern day.

http://soundcloud.com/rebuild_music/nu-foundation-tribute-mix

Wether people knew Mikey and his music or not, I urge you to download this mix and listen to the music that Mikey ultimately wanted us all to enjoy.
warped_candykid Prayers go out to his family. He was one of my favorite artists. Wish I could have seen him live.
Revs I didn't want to come back but I just had to for this post. I am so shocked, I just can't believe it. One year ago I seriously got into his music, gave me hope again for new Hardcore. Taking my Time, the remix he did later of that same track, What did you Say (which was played on my show before it was even heard anywhere else), his remix of Power of Goodbye, his remix of Swept Away, his remix of Falling Thru which he finished like 2 months ago, and also some older stuff I liked like Popcorn, Fly with your Lost Generation.
I really can not believe it. I decided some time ago to spend less time here to learn, but I just had to look back to see what was happening (have closed my Facebook account so couldn't see). And everytime I looked at that topic I was so scared. And now he is gone. I can't realize it when I listen to his tracks, they're the work of a dead. The human who did them doesn't exist anymore. It's so terrible I can't believe he is seriously gone :( I even spoke to him like 1 month ago, asking him when some particular tracks are going to be released... And all his tracks that aren't released, it's crazy that one day they will be released and you will be able to say those new tracks are from someone who is now dead. Crazy, just crazy. I don't know what to feel :S I even have a video of a friend of me playing What did you Say at a rave last week, and we were talking about how amazing it is and how epic his stuff is. And that hopefully he will come thru. Now I feel it's like my fault because I didn't pray enough because I wanted to get away from here (even if I'm atheist) and because I didn't post so many wishes on his Facebook wall :( ghaa it makes me cry, why did he just have to go, he was so amazing.... :'( It's the first time I make this experience, of someone I look up to who died, even if I didn't really know him... It's just horrible, tbh I don't know what we are going to do now, and I have so much work I just cannot concentrate :( Everything he has done has now a strange kind of feeling, it feels so different to listen to his tracks... And imagine all the unfinished collabs he has started, or what his last track or last production is. It's so strange really :S
Love, prayers, thoughts and all positive energy to his family, friends and other loved ones :( RIP and have a good time in Hardcore Heaven..
Ionosphere ........oh no.

Farewell Mikey.

Our heartfelt sympathy to all of his family and friends.
DJ_FunDaBounce I exchanged some e-mails one time with him. Showing him some tracks of mine. He was really kind and sincere. even went the extra mile to send me a sample I was looking for. I too feel sad because of his passing away.

R.I.P.
DJ Lawlzy He always made me laugh with the ridiculous pictures he'd send me and the conversations we had. His music will always be an inspiration. He was a talented guy with a big heart and it's a goddamn shame he had to go so young...

I wish I could have met him and known him longer. :(
Jimouk RIP. I've always been a fan of his, playing tons of his tracks on my show. Really sad loss :(
Quicksilver I uploaded Nu Foundation's 2007 showcase mix that he posted here four years ago. Such a great mix and features Darwin - Don't Be Lonely (Nu Foundation Remix)... If you haven't heard that one that is reason enough to download this mix. Download here.
Mortis I'd like to get another copy of his bouncy techno production showcase mix he posted here years ago, it was fantastic. If anyone has it can they please re-up it?
Al_X R.I.P Nu Foundation, his remix of Lost Generation is one of the best remixes of anything of all time.
Dain-Ja
quote:
Originally posted by Quicksilver:
Take me over, take me there
Take me almost anywhere
Let my inspiration be your guide
Take me to infinity
Far from this reality
Let me feel your power deep inside

R.I.P. <3

+1

Truly sad for someone to die so young. I've been listening to all his tracks non-stop for the last couple of days and the only thing to say is that he was incredibly talented...
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
haha, he looks like a sound guy, alto that image giving him a little image of a nutter.

Now that I think of it, I think he visited the IRC chat a couple of times a few years ago.
I don't remember if I had a fight with him, as I tend to be bloody outright when I talk to people about their tracks on there

He was a permanent regular there in 2004-5 when the chan first existed, as dj probe. Before your time. He would have been there in more recent times when doing live mixes though yeah.
Samination dj probe? I actually recognise that name, but I guess he started sticking out more when he produced and used NuFoundation. I still got a few of his early works from Oxygen Records.
Meathead ****, that's sad... RIP Nu Foundation. My thoughts go out to the family at this time, i hope his mum makes a full recovery.
Craigavon raver R.I.P Mickey you did ireland proud
DJ D-ZasteR Hopefully he's in Hardcore Heaven R.I.P.
dj switchback Just speechless!!. Absolutely gutted. His music was so good, and he was a great guy. I'll miss out late night MSN chats. :-( Love ya Mikey. x
Andy Digi Here is a little tribute Mix I put together ..he will be missed..

http://www.mixcloud.com/AndyDigi/andy-digi-nu-foundation-tribute-mix-rip/
Righteous9 Wow, a lot of passing or near death experiences around me (My friends are Hospital after Hospital), I have a few Releases by him "Warped Science 14" is what I could dig up, I'm so baffled, I'm sorry, RIP... Life only lasts so long, "Moment of Silence" as I play the Reese Breakbeat Remix... Where am I?! =(
Righteous9
quote:
Originally posted by Andy Digi:
Here is a little tribute Mix I put together ..he will be missed..

http://www.mixcloud.com/AndyDigi/andy-digi-nu-foundation-tribute-mix-rip/

I was just gonna ask for that, good deal!
The Doc It was nice to see Kutski play his last track dedicated to Mikey last week on his show, gone but never forgotten!
The Dopeman did he i totally forgot kutski has a show on radio 1
Sam Swift Very sad, so many really talented musicians die way to young. R.I.P
nrXic I missed this news hence the late reply, but I wanted to share in the sorrow. I hope the family can get past these sad times and know that they can be proud of their son.
Steeky
quote:
Originally posted by nrXic:
I missed this news hence the late reply, but I wanted to share in the sorrow. I hope the family can get past these sad times and know that they can be proud of their son.

Very proud son.
RIP Bro
Kevin Instinct Sad sad news :(

Well mikey, you live on in your music my son :)

RIP dude.
cruelcore1 How the **** did I miss this thread!

This is terrible. RIP, dude
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by cruelcore1:
How the **** did I miss this thread!

By miss it, you mean you never saw this thread or that you are now discovering that he passed away, or both?
cruelcore1
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by cruelcore1:
How the **** did I miss this thread!

By miss it, you mean you never saw this thread or that you are now discovering that he passed away, or both?

Both lol.

It took 2.66 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page