Total online 2004
 Radio listeners 183+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Tracks, DJ mixes & release announcements
 happy hardcore at 155 bpm? is it possible?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Vitalism hey fellow forum users! what do you think of slowed-down, key-locked happy hardcore?

what the heck is that? in case you're asking yourself that very question right now, i have made a mix for you to check out!!

here:
http://www.4shared.com/audio/nnWw0C4e/soundslikeoldskool.html

does this defeat the whole purpose or do you like it a bit slower?
Warnman I think HHC was slower 15 years ago at around 160-170 bpm.
Janster That's actually kinda awesome! And now I finally know the actual lyrics to Time After Time!
Vitalism it's pretty cool eh? you can really make out lyrics quite well!

and while this isn't a totally new genre it's definitely easier on the old ears after hours of crazy pounding hardcore.

(is this the Jan i partied with in guelph/toronto a few times?)
Vitalism it's retro-hardcore, and if enough of ya'll like it i would be willing to do a fuller length mix, and by all means, if anyone else is using traktor please feel free to use this as well as I am interested in hearing what you can put together. in retrospect, 160bpm would have been a bit better. if you wanna turn it on and you're using traktor and a decent computer you can go to:

preferences > transport > key lock > select HiQ and Normal and then slow down to whatever speed you like.

vocalists don't sound like drag queens when this is on and the track is slowed down. plus, now you can mix hhc with breaks or dubstep or something else crazy that it doesn't belong with in order to create something really fresh for your ears.

D-tor I <3 key lock.
Vitalism if you love it, upload it~
D-tor You want me to do an entire mix with pitched down Hardcore with keyed up vocals? If so, I'm down.

I need to use Traktor though.
Vitalism yes, that's what i'm proposing!

let's hear some awesomeness. have you used traktor before?
DJseaking Its like pitched up hardstyle, i like to play hardstyle at 160-170 bpm.
Although i prefer to speed up songs over slowing them down, I think it sounds better.
even with Traktor keylock it still sounds bad to me
D-tor
quote:
Originally posted by Vitalism:
yes, that's what i'm proposing!

let's hear some awesomeness. have you used traktor before?

Yeah, I have LE, and I don't like it compared to Virtual DJ. But I have real decks so I'll use neither.
Vitalism i have real decks too, i just use traktor and timecode vinyl.
and yes, while it isn't perfect, it's damn near (better than it's predecessor)

try it out people, i want to hear it!
Vitalism i have real decks too, i just use traktor and timecode vinyl.
and yes, while it isn't perfect, it's damn near (better than it's predecessor)

try it out people, i want to hear it!
Citrick I actually really like that I'm up for doing a mix like that sounds like fun.

Could you achieve the same effect by recording a mix in Virtual DJ and then changing the tempo in FL Studio?
Vitalism technically i guess but it's so much easier with traktor
Citrick I don't have Traktor though you see. I'll give it a go and find out!
frozt retro hardcore
Vitalism retro - imitative of a style, fashion, or design from the recent past.

frozt I know. I was just repeating it. fitting
D-tor Today, I was setting up to do the mix. 155 BPM Keyed up Hardcore does not sound good on Traktor, Virtual DJ, or on my decks. I'm not going to be able to do it.
Vitalism if your computer can handle it, it should sound similar to the mix i posted (which i found tolerable to listen to).

what version of traktor are you running, and how much ram (i think?) does your computer have?

did you set it up the HiQ thing in the preferences?
z121231211 That doesn't sound good. It sounds like it's begging to be sped up to it's original tempo.

Key Lock could definitely use some improvement, and going down that far in speed with it on isn't a good idea for an entire mix.
D-tor
quote:
Originally posted by Vitalism:
if your computer can handle it, it should sound similar to the mix i posted (which i found tolerable to listen to).

what version of traktor are you running, and how much ram (i think?) does your computer have?

did you set it up the HiQ thing in the preferences?

I chose mostly vocal tracks. And your mix is very tolerable, it's just key lock seems to distort the tracks too much on my end.

I'm running Traktor LE, Virtual DJ Ver 6, and the Numark Mixdeck. Ram shouldn't be an issue.

Also I have no idea what HiQ is.
Vitalism see if this changes anything:

in traktor, go to preferences > transport > key lock > select everything in the fast CPU column; HiQ and Normal.

this should make things more listenable. i am using the full version which might be the deal breaker here.
Vitalism
quote:
Originally posted by z121231211:
That doesn't sound good. It sounds like it's begging to be sped up to it's original tempo.

Key Lock could definitely use some improvement, and going down that far in speed with it on isn't a good idea for an entire mix.

hrm... our opinions differ slightly.

i happen to think that key lock is a great idea. i also love happy hardcore fast, because well... let's face it, that's the only way it's ever been delivered to us.

but have you ever tried to let someone who doesn't know about hardcore listen to it? in my experience, they often can't look past its crazy fast tempo.

here is a solution!
D-tor Honestly, lower versions of a program should be a loss of features, not a loss of quality. So it's sad that that is the deal breaker here.

Traktor LE does not even have that feature in the settings. Boo, I bet I'm the only person alive who hates Traktor too.

D-tor Also, I remember coming across a song called Dan's Theme (Old Skool Mix) for Street Fighter Alpha 2 a few years ago.

It was definitely Old School Happy Hardcore at 160 BPM, but I didn't know it at the time nor relate it to this subject until now. So have a listen and stuff.

Eufeion that actually sounds really good
atomsk Listened to it a while ago, I really liked it.
Samination wierd to see someone with insight into older hardcore hasn't posted here yet. But Quite alot of the older hardcore/oldskool wasn't faster than 170. Then some DJ started to mix faster
D-tor
quote:
Originally posted by Eufeion:
that actually sounds really good

That's what I thought!

Street Fighter + Hardcore = My Love

It took 2 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page