Radio listeners 188+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Web site suggestions & site problems
 Crashing, Not Loading, Code On Page, Low Traffic

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
acidfluxxbass So many problems, and its a shame, this was a good website.

Took me 3 refreshes to get to this thread posting page.

Now I have to copy and paste this post because there's a load of code where "Post New Topic" should be.

This forum is old, dated style, and now doesnt even work. Ive been around sites that have needed updating for many years, and they all go the same way. They become neglected and traffic tails off. This is doing just that.

Still probably a decent place for a bit of odd spam though, if I can get to the page without having to press F5 46 times.
Samination Have you tried changing browser, or maybe change ISP. Or why not change country?

Seriously, of all the problems you seem to be the only one getting, is the odd unrefreshable pages, but I blame that one the new host silver is using, not the website itself
silver A website can not crash your computer or browser... If you want to report problems please do :)
Revs I used to see the code sometimes aswell but it didn't slow down anything or make crash my computer/browser. Now everything works!
Quicksilver I have this problem sometimes where the site just stops working, it's especially annoying when you've written a post and press "Post new reply/topic" and it just loads infinitely, site comes back after 15-30 mins sometimes and I have to repost.
Audio Warfare
quote:
Originally posted by Quicksilver:
I have this problem sometimes where the site just stops working, it's especially annoying when you've written a post and press "Post new reply/topic" and it just loads infinitely, site comes back after 15-30 mins sometimes and I have to repost.

I get this a fair bit too. :(
Warnman I don't know, if I am the only person facing following trouble. I already ahve mentioned about getting somehow disconnected to this page for hours (it simply doesn't want to load anymore). But now it happens evertime I click on this post: http://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=55353
I can open up and read it, but after that everything else collapses.
silver
quote:
Originally posted by Warnman:
I don't know, if I am the only person facing following trouble. I already ahve mentioned about getting somehow disconnected to this page for hours (it simply doesn't want to load anymore). But now it happens evertime I click on this post: http://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=55353
I can open up and read it, but after that everything else collapses.

Thank you very much! I found a recursion error loop on linking, I have simplified it and goes much faster now. Thanks for reporting this in such detail it makes it much easier to fix.

You can see linking working on this page:
http://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=40862
Warnman
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
Thank you very much!.

Anytime! This error has happened to me quite often since a couple of months, but now it was the first time I was able to connect it with sth.
cruelcore1 I was experiencing the same problem. I just browse the site and suddenly it becomes unable to load no matter what i do. And it can take up to 1 hour for the problem to disappear.
Samination i got a fix for that! close your browser and reconnect :P
Warnman
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
i got a fix for that! close your browser and reconnect :P

I'd gladly do so, but it doesn't work for at least half an hour.Once I wasn't able to reconnect to the page for 3 hours until I finally gave up. At that day it crashed with Firefox and IE.
Revs Now that you said it, it happens to me aswell sometimes, but not really often. I thought it was just a server problem, not something with the website itself!
cruelcore1 Maybe IP-switching could work? (reset your router)
Warnman
quote:
Originally posted by cruelcore1:
Maybe IP-switching could work? (reset your router)

All of these things might work, but it doesn't solve the main problem.
I have a suspicion, that it has something to do with the radio, but I need to check on this first, before yelling it out.
cruelcore1
quote:
Originally posted by Warnman:
quote:
Originally posted by cruelcore1:
Maybe IP-switching could work? (reset your router)

All of these things might work, but it doesn't solve the main problem.
I have a suspicion, that it has something to do with the radio, but I need to check on this first, before yelling it out.

Lol yeah, I wasn't talkin about solving the MIAN problem.

In my case, it just happens randomly. As far as I remember, when Im trying to access a topic. However, not often.
Revs Tbh, I don't really mind if it happens, and if it does I just check back in an hour or two haha.
silver But it's not a problem anymore :)

and.... Samination is correct, it has to do with the session, so if you had closed all your browser windows and reopened your browser the site would give you a new session number and thus the site would work ... until you visited another page recursion loop.... which is now fixed thanks to Warnman and you guys help :)
Archefluxx Tried reconnecting and resetting IP address, but its probably even worse.

EG:

If the site wont work, I wont use it.

Samination when I got the lockups (I waited 5 minute for one), I only closed down my webbrowser and restarted it, and then the site worked. Only problem I have/had with that is loosing the new topics update

Arche: change ISP might help you ;)
Out of all the 7 years I have been here, I have never seen THIS site act up like that.

To me it looks more like you're getting databits wrongly, and the rest of the data gets ****ed up because of it. That's an ISP problem. Are you beging throttled from japanese servers?
deathproof627 when the site is slow to load I usually clear my cache or close my browser and that usually helps.
silver
quote:
Originally posted by Archefluxx:
Tried reconnecting and resetting IP address, but its probably even worse.

EG:

That looks like your browser can't handle loading an image, what browser you using? Have you switched browsers?

What topic is that BTW, please provide more info.
djDMS Why do that when he can just whine about it instead?
Archefluxx
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
quote:
Tried reconnecting and resetting IP address, but its probably even worse.

EG:

That looks like your browser can't handle loading an image, what browser you using? Have you switched browsers?

What topic is that BTW, please provide more info.

Its every topic. Every page does it. Im not opening a separate browser to run one website.
Revs
quote:
Im not opening a separate browser to run one website.

But it could help to find out what the problem is.
Samination don't bother, he's on his trolling period again.
Triquatra found the thread (was a while ago)
http://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=54664&whichpage=5

silver Is this exact issue happening to anyone else?
- Not that I know of therefore it is related to your account / PC.

It might be a weird combo of browser / OS / plugin that other people are not using... heck it might even be your anti virus software...

if it is happening to you it might happen to other people but in order to help you please tell me what browser and version you are using, I want to emulate the problem and fix it. If you can't tell me this I can't fix it because I can't guess the million different combination that might be the issue.
Samination FF on Win7 64b at home, 2 different computers for the past 3 years, never seen that bug on this website.

Occationally IE8 from Work, not seen it there either

This summer on Safari, iPad, during the server/isp switch, did not notice it either.
Archefluxx W7 64bit, Opera Version 11.51
silver
quote:
W7 64bit, Opera Version 11.51

I tested with the same config, I cant find a problem. Are you still getting this issue?

I know what the problem is, your browser is not un-gziping our HTML content. Or possibly other site that is linked into the topic is double gzipping and opera is freaking out.

It took 1.62 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page