Radio listeners 154+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 How do you EQ your bass?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Josephson_Junction A general question since I'm not very good at mastering. The problem is that my bass' sound seems to change drastically depending on the note.

I've muted everything but the percussion, bass, and an "accent" bass here:
http://www52.zippyshare.com/v/54892449/file.html

It gets even worse if I move up on the scale:
http://www24.zippyshare.com/v/66844375/file.html

Do you have any pointers for a situation like this? I've tried adjusting the synth itself but it barely fixes anything.
Audio Warfare I use very little EQ on my bass sounds, normally just high/low pass layers so they don't clash and phase with each other and roll off some of the harsh high end. Are you working in a treated studio? You may find the differences in each notes sound are actually caused by terrible acoustics.

*edit* I should say I can't listen to the samples as I'm at work!
Josephson_Junction
quote:
Originally posted by Audio Warfare:
I use very little EQ on my bass sounds, normally just high/low pass layers so they don't clash and phase with each other and roll off some of the harsh high end. Are you working in a treated studio? You may find the differences in each notes sound are actually caused by terrible acoustics.

*edit* I should say I can't listen to the samples as I'm at work!

Looks like I'm on the (fairly) right track as I do have a bit of a low pass going with a notch around the high end. If you do get a chance to listen you'll notice that I was going for a Douglas-ish sound.

I wish I was in a studio! Although the room I'm in isn't bad acoustic-wise though so it's fairly easy to spot mastering problems. I can hear the issue both on my monitors and on my headphones.

It took 2.19 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page