Radio listeners 151+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 What is the happy hardcore anthem??

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
ravemunky So, wot is the happy hardcore anthem?
I would say it has to be Shooting star by Bang!!

What do you all think?? Lets get as many responses as possible to this!!

RaveMunky
HI HO, HI HO, HI HO!! ITS OFF TO RAVE WE GO!! WITH A SHOVEL AND A PICK AND A PINK GLOWSTICK!! HI HO, HI HO, HI HO!!
Glow_Stixy tom tom tom tom.............no - it has to be the tubeular bells remake (dunno exactly) on my slammin vinyl tape pack - fackin sorted! CLOSE UR EYES...FEEL UR SURROUNDINGS! oh - wud make my wet if i was a girl!

but Bang - anything will do as every track it a ravers trip of musical delight - i prefer cloudy daze -

a.gray
StrifeII Gotta say eye opener..i've been loving it since the day i heard it.

------------------------------
"Lets fly away, to a land where we'll be free, your smile in the rain, makes the sky light up again...."

Edited by - Robert_Walker on 17 Jun 2001 08:16:27
Skeenip nooo.... It must be
Dune - I can't stop raving

cause really, can any of us?.....

"...Will there ever come a day, when I can turn around and say, It's alright now..."
dj-efeks i would say in my own opinion heart of gold would be up there but thats my opinion =P

DJ Tempest as well as here i am..

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."

DJILLUZION The happy hardcore anthem has to be HEART OF GOLD by force and styles. An all time classic.
Shooting star is definately up there somewhere, but it hasn't been around for long enough.

jihiggs yes i would have to say heart of gold, i was at a party once, simon apex was spinning, he played that tune and the place went mad. the whole crowed was begging for a rewind.

you show me... eternity
Matty Shooting Star is good, but my fave is Devotion by Demo and Sy (at the mo that is!) with Goodbye Summertime by Brisk and Trixxy a close second. Ive never heard Heart of Gold, any idea where i can hear it (on the net or a CD)?

E990 r001Ez...
silver Matty: I'll put in in my next DJ mix and put it online for you.
happy_smilez eyeopener does it for me :)

==['appy 'ardcore]==

"now what goes better with alot of ecstacy than some hardcore gabber by me... Rob Gee"
The_Digital_Monk Has to be elysium. I still get goosebumps. Best HHC song EVER.

thud thud thud thud thud....
aznwasian Iz got to be "Music I Like" by
Happy2bHardcore Ch. 5

aZnWaSiAn
-a sheer moment of extacy... this is the music I like...
DJ Tempest
quote:
Originally posted by The_Digital_Monk:

Has to be elysium. I still get goosebumps. Best HHC song EVER.

thud thud thud thud thud....

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i LOVE that song.
my all time fave. :)

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."

silver aznwasian: Just to correct "Music I like" is by fabulous faber on the Happy2BHard CD volume 5.

thanks Tempest :)
dj-efeks
quote:
Originally posted by Matty:

Shooting Star is good, but my fave is Devotion by Demo and Sy (at the mo that is!) with Goodbye Summertime by Brisk and Trixxy a close second. Ive never heard Heart of Gold, any idea where i can hear it (on the net or a CD)?

E990 r001Ez...

awwww you gotta hear heart of gold is a classic =P

...we were taught to believe, that everyone was created equal in the masterplan...
happyraveruk i think the happy hardcore anthem has changed over the years due to changes in speed and style. it usd to be tunes like ham - most uplifting and smd, then jimmy j - 6 days and eternity, then choons such as heart of gold and shooting star. but the biggest anthem in my opinion is six days (the original). not played much any more, but when those lyrics drop and the pianos go mad, the crowd go wild, and it's an absolute classic.

Charlie says "always tell your mummy before you go off somewhere"."Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeoooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwww".
Matty What do u mean when you say youll put it in the next mix? On the radio? How often do they change then? Imm confused... could you explain plz.

Ta...

E990 r001Ez...
Glow_Stixy im getting into everything pillaged from other music scenes - on buying 'HAPPY HARDCORE ANTHEMS' for £1.99 for 12 tracks - i new it was special -theres a maddona 'pray' version - yet the lyrics are cunningly changed to 'it feels like ecstacy! WICKED - oh im rambling - oh oh oh - BANG ! their good! -

a.gray

Edited by - glow_stixy on 13 Jun 2001 14:53:52
happyraveruk glow stixy: you're talkin bout rave's a mystery by dj vibes

Charlie says "always tell your mummy before you go off somewhere"."Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeoooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwww".
Hughes Heart of gold is just the Classic tune of all time.

I just found were to download the full song. (it is legal)

http://www.grooveradio.com/servlet/Download_Page?downloadID=2812

Glow_Stixy yeah - thats the right name - i couldnt be arsed to go an look at the cd case so i took a wild guess! Cloudy Daze - its still my fave-rave tune! wicked - BUT 99 red balloons on the radio mix is quality - the hardcore AND the PUNK version!

a.gray
Matty Congratulations Brink on the "Hot Topic" well done!

Ta 4 the Heart of Gold download... its wicked!

Please dont mock glow stixy, he gets very confused sometimes!

E990 r001Ez...
Glow_Stixy come on then matty (eggo- GAY)! i only get confused by your stupidity! anyway im hard and have a shaved head - MY ROOTS HAVE BEEN RE-ESTABLISHED - shooting star is the anthem.

a.gray
GT Heart of Gold, Shooting Star, Love of My Life and Pretty Green Eyes.

================
'You picked me up, and swept me away....'
XianDrinker id have to say errr ...... em.....
Children of the Night :)

Its nice to be important.... but its more important to be nice
aznwasian Ya dat song is pretty tight but cant stop raving ReMiX by DJ spykez is pretty good...

aZnWaSiAn
-I can't stop raving...
silver who is DJ spykez ?
Phayze I've actually heard the remix by DJ Spykes.. it's pretty good. But I'm gonna hafta say that either Shooting Star or Can't Stop Raving by Dune is the anthem... but of course, everything's changed so much over the years..

I think the question should be over the past (X of years) what choon do you think is the anthem of the year? (being each year, of course)

Maybe that would make it a little easier?

[Phayze]
DJ Mouse i know alot of people would say heart of gold or shooting star,they're both top tunes but there's another tune that,in my opinion,stands out above them,it's bass d and king matthew - like a dream (that old madonna tune) quality!!!

Nicole Wanting to get high is the anthem it has it's own sound and I love it.

Hughes another great song is:

"when I look up, at my window pane;
I float on droplets of rain.
and I wonder where i'm going;
or will things always be the same"

Thats the only verse I know, I'm usually to indulged in dancing around.

!! Club Kinetic Ravers : Live, Love and Dance !!
FingazMc either gonna get (cause its wicked)
or "life is a mystery everyone must stand alone i hear you call my name and it feels like XTC
ive got that on an vibes hysteria 14 its a bangin tape any one heard it

keep on ravin!!!
Glow_Stixy i got that 'rave is a mystery - on happy hardcore anthems which is pretty good and seeing as i payed £1.99 for the 12 track cd - i cant really complain - that is a tune

a.gray
DiSkOcitizen why does everyone like heart of gold? it total crap,but if you like it, thats no probs, this is only my crappy opinion.
the best tracks have to be
Angels by A-Tension
Butterflies by dj mystic
techno wonderland by ravers choice

I'm outta place,I'm in outer space,I've just vanished without a trace,I'm going to a pretty place now where the flowers grow, ill be back in an hour or so.
KandyKidRaver I would have to say my personal HHC Anthems would be "Love of my Life" by Northern Lights, and "Can't Stop Raving", by Dune.

Magic Carpet Ride is another one of my favorites, but "Love of my life" has brought me to *TEARS* before. I have to say it has the most sentimental value of any HHC song I can think of.

Hughes Heart of Gold is not crap at all, it gets everyone in the crowd singing and bouncing at once.

Glow_Stixy i think heart of gold has to either grow on your taste or u hate it - im dont really think its as good as tunes like cloudy days or or magic carpet - but their all considered anthems generally!

a.gray
xxhappyxx i dont get y every1s so amazed by heart of gold, its ok but i think there r otha better 1s, but i think which ever song u prefer totally depends on the person and wot each song duz 4 u, love of ur life makes kandy kid raver cry, n i think that if a song can do that 2 u then its ur anthem, n its gonna b diff 4 each person, the song which gets 2 me the most, is died in ur arms 2night, it reminds me of some1 i love n care 4 loads

'like a shooting star across the midnyt sky,gonna fly just 2 b wit u 2nyt'

Edited by - xxhappyxx on 15 Jul 2001 19:42:33
bouncybeats hey kandykid raver.
id have to say the best is the cover of sinead o connor's Nothing Compares by dj fuze. what a great track gets me crying.

ohhh and the song is called see me climb.
Not magic carpet ride.

sKaTz Hey Happy-Hard lovers!

some of my favorite happy-hard anthems are:

Ive Got A Feeling- D.J. Demo

Around the world- NightRaver, DJ Trevor & MC Cyclone

Friends- Scooter

Is this love (4am Remixes)- Mr. Monkey

"Let the Music take you to the Highest High!!"
silver > Ive Got A Feeling- D.J. Demo

Yes.... I totally forgot about this tune what a classic
CandyAss damn, there's way too many good anthems in happy hardcore. i mean, as far as songs that typify the general sound of hhc throughout the years, i would have to say eyeopener and shooting star would give someone who hasn't heard hhc a good idea of what a lot of it sounds like. but my favorites would have to be toytown, love of my life, everytime i close my eyes and total eclipse :)

CandyAss
www.hardcorps.org

DJsly Heart of Gold has to be by far the best!

I rememmber when i first heard it Helter Skelter 97, it was the best buzz i have ever had!

¸,ø¤°`°`°¤E¸DJsly Your Hardcore Guy¸,ø¤°`°`°¤E¸
Jams OMG You all call your selves Happy Hardcore fans and yet none of you mentioned the original Happy Hardcore Anthem TOY TOWN By Hixxy and Sharkey. If there is an all time anthem that has to be it.

"I'm a raver not a crazy drug addict" - MC Storm
Hughes If you want to talk about tunes like that, what about Dougal & Eruption - PARTYTIME and Scott Brown vs Rab S - NOW IS THE TIME. Both are superb tunes.

FingazMc ive changed my mind the anthem is soul of an angel i dont no who its by cud anybody tell me thanx!

http://mcstyleeuk.homestead.com/homepage.html
kandEbear420
quote:
Originally posted by XianDrinker:

id have to say errr ...... em.....
Children of the Night :)

Its nice to be important.... but its more important to be nice

YES!! i totaly agree its a great hhc song

alice...? who the fuk is alice? ::dum dum dum dum::
happyraveruk mc-stylee you could be thinkin of one of two choons. both same vocals, but one was originally released on silk cuts - volume 6, and then more recently da edge - shine. i'd have to say shine is the better of the two, even though i prefer the older hardcore to the new stuff being brought out.

You look like you're in another world and i can read your mind. 4 o'clock in the morning, and it's starting to get light.
CandyAss --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
quote:
OMG You all call your selves Happy Hardcore fans and yet none of you mentioned the original Happy Hardcore Anthem TOY TOWN By Hixxy and Sharkey. If there is an all time anthem that has to be it.

um, if you look back i said toytown just a few posts before yours. i love that song man. has anyone heard twinkleboi vs. notorious from l.a.? their mix cd starts with toytown and they're all scratching over it. i wanna' go listen to it right now! :)

CandyAss
Drew
http://www.valence2000.com
http://www.hardcorps.org
http://www.wikiddrama.com
spacevinyl Toytown is pretty good, everyone knows the tune & knows its good, but ive gotta say that my fav tune is too hard to pick so it would be either heart of gold, rush hour, or fly away... or could it be funfair? or even magic carpet?

spacevinyl sorry, magic carpet = see me climb.
I should have know that seeing as i used to own it! Then i sold my decks... now im sad.

But then at least selling them funded the perchase of my midi keyboard & a copy of cubase so...

See me climb as high as i can go, looking down on people far below...
aznwasian I probably got 3 that tie...

1. Can't stop raving remix-DJ liquid
2. Children of the Night-Can't Remember
3. Music I Like-Fabulous Faber

¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸aZnWaSiAn¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯
-I can't stop raving...
silver shesh! DJ Liquid DID NOT make can't stop ravin, Dune did. I hate Napsters bad file names.
aznwasian I said remix. Does it not say remix. Loook...

1. Can't stop raving remix-DJ liquid

¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸aZnWaSiAn¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯
-I can't stop raving...
ian I'm sorry dude, but DJ Liquid didn't even remix the tune

Hughes Liquid definatley didn't remix that tune.

BM There are TOO many to list!!! Let's see....Nakatomi's Children of the Night can be one of 'em. My little Fantasy also.....hmmm......but, I'd say Can't Stop Raving has got to be the ultimate. Only because people who aren't into Happy know of that song, too. :)

kandEbear420 does anybody kno the actual lyrics to children of the night? i kno most of the werds but there are a few that i kant quite figure out.... please help me it drives me nuts ::teeheehee::

BM Lyrics to Children of the Night are:

We are the children of the night
and fight for the future of our nation
Let's come together and unite
Nothing's gonna stop us now.
Let the fire burn inside
Nobody can stop this generation
'cause we're the children of the night
don't ever let 'em put you down

Get up...
Get up...
Get up...

now is the time to change.

Get up...
Get up...
Get up...

There is no time to waste.

Get up...
Get up..
Get up...

Don't ever let 'em put you down.

Come along and join the scene
Live your life like a rave machine!!!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

I feel your love.....it's pushin' me higher, I feel the energy, burnin' like fire.....:)
because_you_rock Wahey, my 1st post!!!! I love 'children of the night', and, I'm not sure if you could call them anthems, but I adore 'see me climb' and 'love of my life'. yay!

...captain take my hand, and lead me to the disco land...
xox...there must be a reason why i love you like i do...keep on smilingxox
Black-Eyed Boy Brisk & Trixxy - Eye Opener

Tokyo Ghetto Pussy - I kiss Your Lips

DjXTCEE Not exactly Happy Hardcore but hardcore at least...

Trip to pussyland - Search and Destroy

"The master returns..."
kandEbear420 does anyone kno who 'alice in wonderland' is by? i think thats the name of it... it goes "oh i dont kno why she's leavin or where she's gonna go i guess shes got her reasons but i just dont wanna kno (?) kause fer 24 years ive been living next door to allice" i think thats it dunno... its a great song but i dotn kno who did it......?

silver It's an Australian band, can't remember the name.
CandyAss it's like dj frompy or something like that. maybe dj floppy? i know it started with an f and sounded kinda' like stompy and i remember hearing he was from australia. haha, who knows.

"alice? who the phuck is alice?!?"

CandyAss
Drew
http://www.valence2000.com
http://www.hardcorps.org
http://www.wikiddrama.com
FingazMc ive just thought of a good one metamorphosis by ramos and supreme ne one heard it

Edited by - mc-stylee on 02 Aug 2001 14:04:45
dj-efeks hahaha not the alice song, alice, alice, who the **** is alice... or something like that...?

...we were taught to believe, that everyone was created equal in the masterplan...
kandEbear420 lol yeah dood i love that song... my friend was walkin around fer alike a week sayin that (alice, who the fuk is alice? ::dum dum dum::) and i played the song fer her and she was like WHOA i didnt kno there was an actual song....

nightswifter funky drums! by storm and let me play by hyperactive, but everyone knows listen to the ace!

Charly says! always telly yer mommy b4 u go of somewhere.
nightswifter hey! r we refering to our fave songs, or the most popular generally weel known hhc anthem?

Charly says! always telly yer mommy b4 u go of somewhere.
vorenz i definatly agree that you can't choose one to be the best so ive compiled a list:
eye opener - brisk and trixxy
shooting star - bang
see me climb - stealth
castles in the sky - dj mystik
friends - scooter
children of the revolution - COR
now is the time and elysium- scott brown
cold as ice - stingray and sonicdriver
thats all i can think of, i'm sure ive missed a few...

spacevinyl How about on a ragga tip - everyone knows that!

let me hear some noize all da girls all da boyz
DjXTCEE Together Forever - Hixxy and Bananaman

Doesn't anyone else think this is? I am beggining to question myself if this had been forgotten

"The master returns..."
FingazMc i would of said this tune ages ago but ive only just found out the nameof it "brisk and trixxy eye opener"

dj cyberwolf i say the best HHC is noclue's starshine..i love that song when i get in to it i cant stop moving ive come up with some of my best moves from that song

when the wolves start holwen ..get ready to have your minds blone
agent_frog Happy Hardcore Anthem??? Come on guys . . . Raver's Anthem!!!!!!!!! From Happy 2b Hardcore Chapter 4...

"hard crew don't stop . . . whistle posse pump it up . . ."
"here's the raver's anthem everybody give it up"

That one wasn't hard to figure out...

Peace
-AgEnT-

happyraveruk first of all it's horns crew, and second of all (no offence sy & storm), but it's shite.

You look like you're in another world and i can read your mind. 4 o'clock in the morning, and it's starting to get light.
xxhappyxx awww come on it aint that bad, lol even tho lotsa ppl chose that 4 the 'worst hhc song' topic...

'come fly my child 2 a special place, with angels in the sky, the time has come 2 fly!'
djjum Yeah a lot of those songs are pretty good but unfortunatley a lot of the old anthems have been forgotten about. Here's some songs that I like:

*Dyewitness - Masterplan (Both mixes)
*Scooter and the beat goes on... (That Whole Album is gold dust)
*Casio Brothers - Partytime
*QFX - Freedom
*Tiny tot - Discoland
Force&Styles - Rush Hour
*I wanna be hippy

Thats just some off the top of my head, I'm sure if I took time to think I could probably come up with a lot more. Unfortunately my entire HH collection is in Wales and I am in Northern Ireland so I cant get at it (Thank goodness for streaming audio).

Skeenip
quote:

Happy Hardcore Anthem??? Come on guys . . . Raver's Anthem!!!!!!!!! From Happy 2b Hardcore Chapter 4...

"hard crew don't stop . . . whistle posse pump it up . . ."
"here's the raver's anthem everybody give it up"

ewww ....all i can think of when i hear that track is a bunch of teeny boppers, gathered at a commercial dance party...with robb brizzi and alex K and all that other crap.

"...Will there ever come a day, when I can turn around and say, It's alright now..."
Almond Together Forever, the 1st tune off Bonkers 3 and the tune that got me into HHC originally. Heart Of Gold just has something about it that makes it a classic

Nemesis hey yo,first post!About time i found a site like this...ok best rave themes:

Toyown(hixxy & sharkey)
The rave theme(techno phobic)
Now is the time(Scott brown vs Rab S)
Shooting star(Bang)
Ach there are too many classics to list.

You got whacked cuz your weak!
DjXTCEE T O G E T H E R F O R E V E R - Hixxy and bananaman

"The master returns..."
xxhappyxx nooo, i changed my mind again....field of dreams, force & styles!!

'come fly my child 2 a special place, with angels in the sky, the time has come 2 fly!'
FingazMc theres another one "do u wanna go my way" i think this is wat its called

Midway_raver i wudnt say that it wa sthe best tune released by a long way or to say it was my favourite but techno ownderland duz kinda sum up happy hardcore to me, when u used to see everyone hands in the air singing "come with me to a land of fantasy" when u there n can feel it u know then why u r a happy hardcore raver!

Ant B
Elation a damn fine track i think is.......

Ham, Demo, Justin Time - Here I am (Brisk Break Beat mix)

those vocals send some nice chills up the spine, not to mention the breaks. whoa...i need a drink now just thinkin about the PHATness of it all.

happyhardcoresmiles
dj_snowmann the happyhard anthems i love playing from my crates are as follow:

true love - dj ron
toytown - dj hixxy
believe - fade
love of my life - juicy cuts
forever - hixxy
space invaders - (scott brown remix)
castles in the sky - iam van dahl (played on 45) anthem in australia at the moment.
liberation - projext x
see me climb - stealth
elysium and return to elysium - scott brown
come and follow me - brisk mix
inside beats - rapido
better day - gtb inc
love of my life - northern lights
about you - ham & dna
cloudy daze - bang
your mine - dj demo
break of bawn - bang
wonderful world - jjj
better day - fab fabers
thinkin of - dj skippy
keep on trying - brisk (all mixes)
believe in me - fade
shine - da edge
sail away - bang (all mixes)
undivided love - the vinsta
sorry - kaos
wanting to get high - hixxy (2001 remix)
inner emotions - skippy

.......... and the winner is.............

SHOOTING STAR - BANG

...."WANTING TO GET HIGH"....
dj_snowmann no, my new anthem is "FOLLOW THE SUN" by TRIPLE J

...."WANTING TO GET HIGH"....
MC RizlaDizla Eyeopener is an anthem, set me free is one two, and shooting star, but it has to be Heart of Gold

"Oh my goodness, Oh my Gosh. Here we go with a badboy rush".
xxhappyxx
quote:
Originally posted by mc-stylee:

theres another one "do u wanna go my way" i think this is wat its called

thats a wikid choon! its called 'my way' isnt it?

http://mcstyleeuk.homestead.com/homepage.html height=1 noshade id=quote>

Dave-Rayvon I reakon the happy hardcore anthem has to be something by Force & Styles since all of their tunes have alot of lyrics. "Heart of Gold" or "Pacific Sun" perhaps!

Dave!
The_Busta my 2 cents.. top 5..

Bang!- shooting star
Dougal & Hixxy- Sugar and Spice
(not to suck up but..) TIL THE DAY!!
Dune- Starchild
Dune- Who wants to live forever (trance remix)

and just to say.. scooter anit all bad.. mostly.. but not all.. he seems to be full of himself. (harder faster scooter :P)

°¤°Come to me and take my hand, lets get up in the sky to the paradise of rave.°¤°
dj XK~Azmodian~XK I'm sorry but the only hardcore song i can still listen to that i have been listening to for at least 5 years would have to be hixxy - wanting to get high nothing can beat that epic beat

ignorance is bliss....
EeYoReBoI The Best Happy HArdcore anthem of all would HAve to be Force and Styles - pretty Green Eyes!!
The piano is off te hook beautiful and perfect in everyway

John S Anderson
xxxFRIARxxx I believe that any song that is played more than 10 times by ANY DJ constitute as "The Happy Hardcore Anthem".

Some songs I think would fit the bill include:

Scott Brown - Turn up the music
Scott Brown - Esylium
Stealth - See me climb (DEFINATELY)
BANG! - Shooting Star
Brisk & Trixxy - Eyeopener
Stealth - Love, Life, and Happieness
Hixxy - Wanting to get high

The early bird gets the worm.
The second mouse gets the cheese.
Annex as much as elysium turns me on when i hear it... and it's scary cuz it really really does.. that track is bloody amazing!

as far as actual anthem goes.....
i'd be more inclined to say shooting star

Potatoe
Simon Shooting Star is the happy hardcore anthem because so many people have heard it and love it. Even people who don't have a clue what hardcore is seem to have heard shooting star!!!

Sy.

DiamondDog How about Luv u more and Rainbow in the sky? Six days is quality as well, though I would have to say the all time anthem is Toytown, it's been around for years and is still great.
Nice one.

2 happy 2b hardcore I'd have 2 say either eyeopener, toy town, or children of the night should be the one official anthem

Everybody round the world welcome 2 the rave!!!!
kandelicious hi! [im new..*waves*]

im not sure if someone already said this but the 'who the **** is alice' song is by gompie...

and Eye Opener is the happy hardcore anthem!

o(~_-)o turn up tha muzik
HaPPy i LuV Da HaRdCorE Id have to say that even though Shooting Star is known by all and loved by most. Hixxy & Sharkey-Toytown is the HHC anthem because it is just so dam happy. You listen to it and u cant help but smile, then the beat comes in and you cant help but want to dance.

"The Milky Bars Are On Me"
M.C Menace I'd have to say thee happyhardcore anthem has gotta be shooting star or children of the night. Because everyone knows and loves them

M.C Menace - were raving from 7 till 11 were ravin in a hardcore heaven
dj Twiggy A-Tension Angels!!!!!!
(does ne1 know were i can get is or listen 2 it?!?!?)

Twiggy
Amber-Jade It has to be Dougal & Eruption - Party Time :)

.·´¯`°*º¤ ^Å^ ¤º*°´¯`·.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just close your eyes, and dream with me, you'll hear the sound of muzik
William Daniel What about...
Highlander - Everytime
Dune - Cant Stop Raving (Original)
Dune - Hand In Hand
toyoko Ghetto Pussy - Kiss You lips
Uranus - Flow On A Vibe
Highlander - Like a Dream

These are quality and would be considered in my book as the Hardcore Anthems!

Injected with the Poison. We don't need that anymore! :)
Hard2Get These seem to be the most played by DJ's from the tape packs i have:

1. Demo - Your Mine (Slipmatt RMX)
2. Sy & Demo - Devotion
3. Q-Tex - Power Of Love
4. Shortfuse - Hard Harmony
5. DNA - Bittersweet Symthony RMX
6. Tripple J - Wonderfull World
7. Sy & Demo - Dreadland
8. Bang - Shooting Star
9. Demo - I'v Got A Feeling
10. Force & Styles - Heart Of Gold

RasCaL hmm...how bout

sub ace & aura - my dreams
bass d & king matthew - hold me now
lownoise & theo - wonderful days

dunno if these have been said

Charco **nods** agree 100%
nice selection...

freedom to all who believe!!
PEPE OMG!!! I cant beleive no one has said Power of Love 2000!!!
anyways m,y anthems are Power of Love 2000, Shootin' Star and Elysium, there is no way I can pick between them three. followed closely by EVerytime I close my Eyes and CHildren of the Night

"Can you feel the fire burn as it takes control of you? There is no way you can turn there is nothin you can do.Your heart will never be free as it takes you high above, so baby come with me we can fly on the Power of Love"
Sxylicious69
the best hhc anthem has defin8ly gotta b either;
children of the night
heart of gold
shootin star
open ur eyes OR
cloudy daze

dunno which i'd chooz! there all WKD!!!

`'+., ,+*`'`' »­(¯`v´¯)­» 4ward eva bakward neva »­(¯`v´¯)­»`'`*+, ,.+'`
Lucius-Rex To be brutally honest, there can be no one HHC anthem, because it's a matter of personal taste. For me, there can only be one real choice though, and that's Follow the Sun by Triple J (at least, i think it's triple J). That tune just mapes me grin my face off and think of summer every time i hear it. Shooting star and Heart of gold are definitely in my top five tho.

"I find your lack of faith disturbing"
Lucius-Rex Here's another few:

Forever Young - Alphaville (I think)
Rainbow Island - Seb
Children of the Night - *pass*
Now is the time - Scott B
*whatever that one is that goes "can you feel the fire burn as it takes control of you"*

I think that should cover it...

"I find your lack of faith disturbing"
Deejay Rogue the only song that makes me really bounce every time is children of the night by nakatomi, that is the happiest hardcore song i know!!!!

we are all facing the dawn of a new era....

it time for the new RAVEolution.....
Lovyface Yeah!! Shooting Star!

Heather

People who are the targets of any particular form of oppression have resisted and attempted to resist their oppression in any way they could. The fact that their resistance is not generally recognized is itself a feature of the oppression.
zazzy my anthems would be:

shooting star
set free/magic carpet (c'mon ppl, this should be on everyones top5!!!! :D )
eye opener
devotion
return to elysium

theres more but those are definately THE tunes for me :)
Brian K
quote:
Originally posted by zazzy:

set free/magic carpet (c'mon ppl, this should be on everyones top5!!!! :D )

magic carpet? don't you mean see me climb? =P

"As punishment for your desertion, it's company policy to give you the plague."
virus ^^ maybe he's talking about some n-trance vs. mighty dub kats track :P lol

Brian K wasn't that one remixed by keoki? =P

"As punishment for your desertion, it's company policy to give you the plague."
Emanation "Break of Dawn" always floats my boat!!

Slammin at the Que club back in march, i cud av died if it wasn't 4 my, now, ex girlfriend tellin me 2 calm down!!!!

*$Hardcore 2 da Bone$*
zazzy Hahahahahahah.....ooopsie, sorry ...I must say tho it was bout 1 in the morning here! :) And I was tired...so yeah, set free was suppose to be one and then magic carpet/see me climb....

or maybe I jus own sum really RealLy rare record...:p

Join the mailing list:
[email protected]

interviews, music and STUFF!!!
da_real_jumper I would say all the HHC-songs of DJ Paul Elstak are anthems...
Luv u more...
Rainbow in the sky...
Rave on...
mmmmmm...

other
Shooting Star by Bang
Technohead-I wanna be a hippy
Party Animals - Have you ever been mellow(why didn't nobody mention this song??? this was a huuuuuuuuge hit in Holland...mmmmmmmmm)

http://www.trancezone.tk
weba_d
quote:
Originally posted by da_real_jumper:
I would say all the HHC-songs of DJ Paul Elstak are anthems...
Luv u more...
Rainbow in the sky...
Rave on...
mmmmmm...

Yeh i would have to agree for sure, they never get a mention,
my other faver
Eye opener
and Together forever wud have to be up there

"what goes up must come down".so keep popin

WEBA D
MCDJ my fave tunes are: ( in no order , too hard to choose)

hardcore feelings , shooting star , children of the night , rush hour , heart of gold ,
power of love , return of the renegades , together forever , on a mission , funfair

cheers

Check 1.......Check 2
We are the hardcore krew thats us
MCDJ oh Whatta Buzz
Xenochrome Wow! I forgot all about those Paul Elstak tracks. "Rainbow In The Sky" is a classic. I suppose my all time faves would include "Heart Of Gold" and "Elysium". "Power Of Dreams" on FBI records is my current fave.

The BlackZmurf The best ones are :
The Prophet- Big boys don´t cry
Dj Paul -Rainbow in the sky
3 Steps ahead-Drop it
Bertoccuci Feranzano-XTC-love

and the very best:
Dj Roy- Different ways (I have so good memories to this tune that it has got to be Nr1 to me)
The other songs are not in any order, hard to choose

It´s nice to B importante...
BUT IT´S MORE IMPORTANTE TO B NICE!
fazza Its gotta be toytown by hixxy and sharkey or blatantly shootin star! my fave "trancecore" or whatever you want to call it has gotta be "you're shining" by breeze & styles. now that is a CHOON if ever i heard 1!

"Hixxy is god!"
diddums100 i think dj vibe - rave is a mystery has to be one of the best.

altho there is a wicked tune that i have a live set tape which doesn't have any discography on it.. but i think it's dj vibe and it's the alton towers music.. u know.. the do do do doo do dah dah, do dah dah. Can ne1 tell me what it is?!?! tis been bugging me for years! :D

B@Th*nG

happyhardcorenme4eva You cant realy give any hardcore tune the title of being the greatest hardcore tune coz they all keep changing n shit at the moment tho i ant stop litenin to im a raver, hardcore feeling and eyeponer there all banging tunes

Hello everybody and how do ya do, we gonna rock shake yo body we are da Scarborough crew
Rock, rock to da bet ya'll, roch, rock to da beat ya'll.
happyhardcorenme4eva

FORCE & STYLES - FIELD OF DREAMS
- among others is da best hhc tune ( at the moment anyway)

Hello everybody and how do ya do, we gonna rock shake yo body we are da Scarborough crew
Rock, rock to da bet ya'll, roch, rock to da beat ya'll.
Ultamate How can you people have bypassed Elysium!

With out Harcore we are nothing
xxhappyxx i dont kno...im sure ive given my opinion on this topic many times as the same threads bin around 4 a couple of years..!
its so hard 2 pick one, i used to think elysium was way overrated, bt now i love it.
but i think field of dreams has to be up there, with qtex power of love, and break of dawn is amazing2..! ahh theres to many! but i think shooting star deserves a mention 2..!
and my ultimate favourite dune - cant stop raving :) cos we cant...

Korremer okay...

Boys Of Summer
Here Comes The Noise
Turn Up The Music
STAY HERE FOREVER
Dont Cry For Me
Your Shining
Tears Run Cold
Elysium
Ravers Anthem(the live recording with MC Storm)

mmm just a few amazing tracks...i <3 them

LONG LIVE THE HARDCORE
pre i would have too say...
feel free.dougal/vibes does it for me plus those fast vocal tapets by longrunner dj paul elstak,plus anything by seduction....the main man

shooting star and heart of gold!!?? i woundn't feed those too a hungry dog!!! how could you even suggest such a thing!!!!!!

Dave Murray Another 2 year old topic replied to

DO NOT DISTURB DJ IN PROGRESS
Leelo_1
DJ Saiyan Heart of Gold.

its THE song.

Get More ****ed and Get Rockin!!
Lixx Although it was highly regarded, I think "Deep Inside (Original mix)" has been glossed over for "anthem of all time status." It came out during that transition period between happy and uk upfront hardcore so it kinda reflects the good parts of the old and also showed us a little bit of what's to come in the future. Though it doesn't have a big vocal it's a well varied song that's IMO a little more palatable than some of the big F&S numbers

Actually I shouldn't have to explain myself, that song ****ing rules

silver ^^^ When MixMag interviewed me and they said what is the hardcore tune that stands out the most I said Deep Inside for the exact same reason.

----------------------------------
it's all hardcore.
dj-freedom Just when you thought this topic had gone......here i come and say...SHOOTING STAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hardcore is the passion of the chosen....
Kinetical Am stuck between 3, Nakatomi with Free. Shooting Star Unique Remix and Keep on Trying. I could go on but I don't fancy writing a book.

Kinetical
capone13 Here's my list:

2 Cheesy Tunes:

A-Tension-Angels

Brisk And Trixxy-Eyeopener

2 Bangin Tunes:

Scott Brown-Boomstick

The Destroyer-Ready To Kill

DJ J-me
DJ Mole The ultimate Happy Hardcore tune has got to be Toytown or Fireworks i cant remember any more really old 96' ReZ tunes cause i was like 9 when i heard them and im now 17 so i cant remember unless i heard them can any of u post up some old tunes i WOULD like such as Wonderful Days by Charly

Mole
NuFoundation A couple that i'm surprised nobody's mentioned;
Fade & Melody - Is this Love
Druid & Sharkey - Bonkers Anthem.

Also I love;
DJ Seduction - Leaving the World Behind
Dougal - Tranquility
Innovate - Innovate
Fade & Bananaman - Dream's Surprise

Hardcore Til I Die.
KinokoBoy I get goose bump from Breeze and Style's "over and over"!!!!

Hardcore will die if it goes Cheezy!!! Keep it Hard and Trancy!!!!
DJ Phoenix either
Breeze & Styles - Future Set
Scott Brown - Elysium
Brisk & Trixxy - Eyeopener
Euphony - Space Invader (Scott Brown mix)
Hixxy & Sharkey - Toytown
Dougal & Eruption - Partytime

* Bang - Cloudy Daze
* Hixxy & Sharkey - Toytown
* Brisk & Trixxy - Eyeopener

SO LOCK DOWN ON MY LOWDOWN, LISTEN OUT!!

xhannahx A-Tension-Angels

brisk&trixxy-eyeopener

DJ Ladylou To many ULTIMATE anthems could'nt pick one

AVE IT HARDCORE
Cassells For me its gotta be Rainbow Islands

Denile well, its a choice of three for me cos they're all anthems in their own right;

Toytown,
Heart of Gold,
Shooting Star

Digital Anarchy

www.digitalanarchyonline.co.uk
jenlee85 either shooting star or break of dawn
I never get bored of them songs they r soooo good

Jen xxx

Of all the things i've lost, I miss my mind the most
hardcore anorak agreed those tunes r class but for me it has to be heart of gold
eyeopener

s.shaw
Busa [quote]Originally posted by Blasphemy:
Gotta say eye opener..i've been loving it since the day i heard it.

i'll agree with you, that was my first happy hardcore tune i heard at a party and then i was hooked with the Bonkers series & so on it went till this date and Bonkers still lives :D

Hardcore, you know the score!
Mortis Heart Of Gold or Shooting Star, both great tracks in there hardcore form , shite in there commercial form. Both tracks still have substance either genre, where as the likes of Disco Land & Eye Opener (im not diss'in eye opener, its an amazing tune), didnt quite make the transistion. Imo, that makes a trak good if it can be played in clubs/bars anywhere and peeps'll sing along.

farchid TOYTOWN!!!!!! bonkers 1 mix

..._/-Cummin' up like a 747-\_...
chemically eeeevolved Class A citizen
SWEDGE HEAD WHEN OUT OF BED
dj-breeza The happy hardcore anthem is
Hixxy - I Saw An Angel
Fishy
quote:
Originally posted by dj-breeza:
The happy hardcore anthem is
Hixxy - I Saw An Angel

Eh... Someones been downloading illegal mp3.. Its A-Tension - I Saw An Angel
Lynny Hmm, i think it must be the Children of the Night!
Sk8SiM wooootttttt!!!
:S:S:S
bristolboy05

[quote]Originally posted by Blasphemy:
Gotta say eye opener..i've been loving it since the day i heard it.

-----------------------------

same ere m8, i loves dat tune inall, and heart of gold.
clarke101
quote:
Originally posted by Fishy:
quote:
Hixxy - I Saw An Angel

Actually its A-Tension - Angels

But nevermind
Fishy
quote:
Originally posted by clarke101:
quote:
Originally posted by Fishy:
quote:
Hixxy - I Saw An Angel

Actually its A-Tension - Angels

But nevermind

I Saw an Angel or Angels same shit lol
bristolboy05 i just relised a tune that i missed out (ordanery people) that tune is classic, and i love da mc'in inall. who is da mc anyway, any1 no.
Fishy
quote:
Originally posted by bristolboy05:
i just relised a tune that i missed out (ordanery people) that tune is classic, and i love da mc'in inall. who is da mc anyway, any1 no.

Yea that tune is great! The Mc Is Mc Smiley
motivated the question is where to start, yes there are some AWESOME songs out there...but which one?....ummm i cant remember its name, cos i heard it AGES ago, but its got an english bloke(older bloke) who is saying " hardcore is back, now they all want a peice of us, desperate magazines making such a fuss, at last they want to give us some credit, but i think w'll live to regret it" thats all i remember, and i think its wrong...i am pretty sure its to the tune of "we need more core' but i could be wrong, any one know?

cos thats ace...but shooting star by BANG!, is always great:D
aimpoint Oh my God,Oh my Gosh!!!!

Have read the entire thread and am in complete and utter shock.Not one so called raver,young or old has mentioned the first and only(if not best) H.H.anthem ever ever ever ever ever (shut up i'm right,always) ever ever ever tune............

3 fushizzle'n words for you all

TAKE ME AWAY-jimmy j-Kniteforce

I've seen Men/women, Boy/girl ran from all directions when this one dropped, the bar was truly raised from this point on.

Oh yeh,Hi everyone- tis my first post!
(It wasn't me that rezerected this thread,honest)
stokeraver triple j - follow the sun
brown bass x - hardcore disco

scott brown - now is the time

two of my favourite anthems
hardcorehopkins It's impossible 2 say THE anthem of hhc but der r loadsa traks wich r anthems 4 dem but not neccessarily nown or lyk as much by uvas i like technowonderland by dj vibes but not loads of ppl no it heres a list of sum of my traks in no order
1) Brisk & Ham - Eye Opener (which is 1 of m gf's favs)
2) Stealth - See Me Climb
3) Force & Styles - Field of Dreams
4) Bang - Shootin Star
5) Adam Harris - Heavens Above
6) Q-Tex - Power of Love
7) Hixxy & Bananaman - Together Forever
8) Nakatomi - Children of the Night
9) Scott Brown - Now Is The Time
10) 2 Without Heads - U & Me
11) Hixxy & Sharkey - Toy Town (And Return To Toy Town)
12) Dr Who - Love of My Life
13) Paul Elstak - Rainbows In The Sky
14) Force & Styles - Heart of Gold
15) Dougal & Skeedale - Gotta Go
16) Triple J - Follow the Sun
Ders loads mor but dese r a few anthems off m head. I luv all dese songs an soz 4 4gettin loadsa traks but am so young ent bin 2 a rave yet an i put sum of u older ppl 2 shame either not puttin descent songs or not no'in hu did em ect. But lyk i sed u cnt pic an all tym anthem ders 2 many but d 1s ppl no hu dnt listen 2 hardcore r anthems cuz every1 no's em r classic anthems.
(i am mc live lee an dis is wot i do, i make hardcor lyrics 2 entertain u, i got dj vibes standin nex 2 me, now its tym 2 pik it up hardcore xtc)
hardcorehopkins Sorry 4 ne mistakes Eye Opener is by brisk & ham it Brisk & Tixxy
navkat This whole thread reads like a typical mp3 playlist of mine.

I <3 u guys.

BTW: I'm navkat. :)
acidfluxxbass pointless bump on a 4 year old thread.
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by acidfluxxbass:
pointless bump on a 4 year old thread.

Your a pointless bump on a 4 year old thread.

navkat: Hi and welcome to the forum :)
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
quote:

you're both dumbass bumps on a 9 years old thread (check the date on the first post you bums) :P

anyways, Piramide (makina cover of Blumchen) - Herz an Herz
whispering This topic has been bumped so many times, i'm with hard2get with this one.
captain5002002 i'm probably gonna make some enemies but my fav is skydivin the vocal mix from styles
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you're both dumbass bumps on a 9 years old thread (check the date on the first post you bums) :P

lmao well he does have a point
acidfluxxbass
quote:
quote:

your a pointless bump on my ex's fanny flap. ain't they called warts?
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by captain5002002:
i'm probably gonna make some enemies but my fav is skydivin the vocal mix from styles
quote:

quote:

lmao well he does have a point

if that's the best you can come up with then you obviously haven't been in the scene very long

go back farther you'll def find something better
captain5002002 quote: if that's the best you can come up with then you obviously haven't been in the scene very long

go back farther you'll def find something better

prob but it is a nice track
8D holy decade old topics batman
Vladel
quote:
Originally posted by hardcorehopkins:
It's impossible 2 say THE anthem of hhc but der r loadsa traks wich r anthems 4 dem but not neccessarily nown or lyk as much by uvas i like technowonderland by dj vibes but not loads of ppl no it heres a list of sum of my traks in no order
1) Brisk & Ham - Eye Opener (which is 1 of m gf's favs)
2) Stealth - See Me Climb
3) Force & Styles - Field of Dreams
4) Bang - Shootin Star
5) Adam Harris - Heavens Above
6) Q-Tex - Power of Love
7) Hixxy & Bananaman - Together Forever
8) Nakatomi - Children of the Night
9) Scott Brown - Now Is The Time
10) 2 Without Heads - U & Me
11) Hixxy & Sharkey - Toy Town (And Return To Toy Town)
12) Dr Who - Love of My Life
13) Paul Elstak - Rainbows In The Sky
14) Force & Styles - Heart of Gold
15) Dougal & Skeedale - Gotta Go
16) Triple J - Follow the Sun
Ders loads mor but dese r a few anthems off m head. I luv all dese songs an soz 4 4gettin loadsa traks but am so young ent bin 2 a rave yet an i put sum of u older ppl 2 shame either not puttin descent songs or not no'in hu did em ect. But lyk i sed u cnt pic an all tym anthem ders 2 many but d 1s ppl no hu dnt listen 2 hardcore r anthems cuz every1 no's em r classic anthems.
(i am mc live lee an dis is wot i do, i make hardcor lyrics 2 entertain u, i got dj vibes standin nex 2 me, now its tym 2 pik it up hardcore xtc)

the topic wasn't top 20 hardcore anthems :(
theposp Thanks to navkat (and welcome!) for resurrecting this thread...

Thanks to Lixx (and Silver) for reminding me of Deep Inside. I don't think I'd ever heard the UFO original before, just a remix (perhaps the Hixxy one, but I remember it having fewer hoovers and "clearer" vocals, with fewer elements muddying them up)

a lot of great tracks have been mentioned in here, especially Jimmy J & Cru-L-T - Take Me Away. But I'd have to say my ultimate anthem must be

Ad Man & Demo - Pleasure and Pain

It took 9.02 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page