Radio listeners 170+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 PPF 2013 (FREE Unmixed UK Hardcore Album)*OUT NOW*

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Ken Masters
The wait is finally over!
After 4 long years the next installment of the PPF series has arrived...

'The Past. The Present. The Future. 2013'

13 exclusive & Unmixed UK Hardcore, Happy Hardcore & Freeform tracks created entirely by the members of HHC.com, wrapped into one diverse & colorful package & given to you all absolutely free!

First off could I just say a huge thankyou to everyone who has taken the time to get involved in the abum. The success of a free project like this relies entirely on the response, effort & time from you guys & you really came through so thanks for that.

As like the first PPF project all those years ago, the idea was to create an album which paid respects to the early sounds of our scene, push the sound of today & then offer a taste of what we feel our scene has in store over the coming years. There really is something for everyone which can be hard to achieve considering how diverse our scene is today.

Creating this album has shown the level of talent that surrounds the site & as your creative juices flow throughout the year I urge you all to bare the next album in mind. Track submissions will take place for 'PPF 2014' in early December 2013. I also plan to run a 'PPF' remix comp through the summer with the winning remix featuring on the next album. More info to come...

If you like what you hear then please take the time to support the PPF artists by checking out their various artist pages which can be found in the album folder. Also if your an artist that's feeling a little left out & would like to be part of 'PPF 2014' then again, all the contact details are in the album folder.

A BIG thankyou once again to everyone who made the album possible & I look forward to working with you all again in December :)

'The Past. The Present. The Future. 2013' -

CD 1 - Unmixed 'UK Hardcore, Happy Hardcore & Freeform' -

1. Phobz - Happy Vibes
2. Dys7 - Cherry Bomb
3. Ionosphere feat Treasure - Mirror Mirror
4. +12V - Read/Write
5. EPiCORE - Continue Your Journey
6. Archefluxx - Systemization (Archefluxx UK Hardcore Alternate Mix)
7. Ionosphere feat Treasure - Duel
8. Audio Warfare - Moonbow Sonata
9. Phobz - That Sound
10. J.L.R - Sensuality
11. EPiCORE - The Creed
12. Firefly - Landscape
13. +12V - Ridge

CD 2 - 'Showcase mix by Ken Masters' (Including a Slipmatt Tribute bonus track produced by 'Mortis')

1. Mortis - Slipmash (The Slipmatt Tribute Track)
2. Phobz - Happy Vibes
3. Ionosphere feat Treasure - Mirror Mirror
4. EPiCORE - Continue Your Journey
5. Dys7 - Cherry Bomb
6. Archefluxx - Systemization (Archefluxx UK Hardcore Alternate Mix)
7. Phobz - That Sound
8. Ionosphere feat Treasure - Duel
9. EPiCORE - The Creed
10. Audio Warfare - Moonbow Sonata
11. Firefly - Landscape
12. +12v - Read/Write
13. +12v - Ridge

*ALBUM DOWNLOAD LINKS* -

Rapidshare *UPDATED* -

320kbps (LINK 1)- http://rapidshare.com/share/C35BA7EE7656D0C8B5EB98B1CA98143E

WAV (LINK 1)- http://rapidshare.com/share/CAAC47A4E7A35A2681BCCA5D8D886AC0

Filedropper *UPDATED* -

320kbps - http://www.filedropper.com/thepastthepresentthefuture2013

*IF YOU HAVE ANY TROUBLE DOWNLOADING BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW BY REPLYING OR SENDING A MESSAGE*

Also! as a bonus, those loveable loonies known as Ionosphere have created a special promotional video to go with their track 'Duel' which you can check out below...

Charger Do you have the tracklist for CD 2?
Josephson_Junction I like what I'm hearing in the mix so far. Congrats to everyone who pitched in. :)

PS: Will there be a lossless version available for download at some point (WAV or FLAC)?
DJ Hellfury Cheers, but I guess it's the first time I have seen a 4shared user in years; please upload it on zippyshare or mediafire next time.
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Hellfury:
Cheers, but I guess it's the first time I have seen a 4shared user in years; please upload it on zippyshare or mediafire next time.

The only reason I chose 4shared was to keep track of how many downloads the album gets.

That was a major regret of mine when we released the first album.

Triquatra http://www.bugmenot.com/view/4shared.com

:) for a UN/PW
Ken Masters Could we replace the sticky & have a little news on this please my good man :)
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by Charger:
Do you have the tracklist for CD 2?

Up now mate :)

Josephson_Junction
quote:
Originally posted by Fire Shadow:
The only reason I chose 4shared was to keep track of how many downloads the album gets.

Oops, ignore my PM then. :P
Ken Masters If anyone has trouble downloading from 4shared then let me know & i'll sort you another link no problem.

However I would love to keep track of the number of downloads the album gets over the coming weeks :)
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by Josephson_Junction:
Will there be a lossless version available for download at some point (WAV or FLAC)?

Just uploading a WAV version now mate :)

Unfortunately 3 of the 13 tracks couldn't be featured as WAV's but the rest could so it's worth offering.

Josephson_Junction
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Josephson_Junction:
Will there be a lossless version available for download at some point (WAV or FLAC)?

Just uploading a WAV version now mate :)

Unfortunately 3 of the 13 tracks couldn't be featured as WAV's but the rest could so it's worth offering.

Cheers \o/
Triquatra loving this album, great stuff everyone involved!
:D

also silver's the only one who can make stickys he is the only one with that power!
DJ Hellfury Thx tri for those accounts & passwords!

quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
also silver's the only one who can make stickys he is the only one with that power!

Thats the only forum where mods can't sticky threads. Damn you mods have less power than I thought! >:D

Triquatra mods have the power to delete, lock and edit, that is it.
wong downloaded, verdict coming later tonight :)
D-tor YESSSSSS
jimmyhypa I'll download later on.
Ken Masters All feedback is much appreciated people!

Please take the time to let us know what you think and any suggestions you may have for next years album :)
Vladel it says i have to sign up to download
DJ Hellfury
quote:
All feedback is much appreciated people!

Please take the time to let us know what you think and any suggestions you may have for next years album :)

I may sound too harsh but I'm not a fan of included wallpaper, it looks like someone spend some time in paint first to arrange the pics randomly and then placed one default photoshop effect over it, one per file each (there are 3 wallpapers actually).

Front cover is a matter of taste: imo. there are too many fonts at once. Background is decent.

And at top right corner: The happyhardcore.com logo. Someone just copied the original logo and placed it without further editing into this picture. Well, for those familiar with photoshop: Why not using at least Magic Wand tool to cut out font, place a (black) Layer Outglow and place the outcoming layer with 70~% "Overlay" somewhere better matching?

The tunes are overall nice and clean, like the varity (Was just browsing through a bit, will have a full listen to all tunes later).

quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
it says i have to sign up to download

Tri posted a site with accounts + PWs on first page.
Spyanova
quote:
quote:
All feedback is much appreciated people!

And at top right corner: The happyhardcore.com logo. Someone just copied the original logo and placed it without further editing into this picture. Well, for those familiar with photoshop: Why not using at least Magic Wand tool to cut out font, place a (black) Layer Outglow and place the outcoming layer with 70~% "Overlay" somewhere better matching?

You're focusing too much on the art - especially since it's sat on this thread pre-release for weeks. You could have given some constructive feedback then.

For anyone who ACTUALLY knows a thing or two about Photoshop, ignore Hellfury and just increase the contrast of the logo and chnage it's Transparency type to "Lighten". Quicker and tidier. (Or even quicker still, ignore Hellfury and his petulance all together!)

The artwork fits the bill. As with all of Josephs art it lacks the basic principles of design but not so much so as to ruin it, but there's no point even discussing artwork.

The music is a breathe of fresh air. Lots of various styles and stuff, which is great to hear! Well done!!
Ken Masters Considering this is also a completely free project then I hope the more artistic ones out there can look beyond this & appreciate what the album is all about, the love of the music :)

DJ Hellfury
quote:
Originally posted by Spyanova:
You could have given some constructive feedback then.

So telling an example workflow is not an constructive feedback? The top right logo looks just popped in, there isnt even an outline.

quote:
For anyone who ACTUALLY knows a thing or two about Photoshop, ignore Hellfury and just increase the contrast of the logo and chnage it's Transparency type to "Lighten". Quicker and tidier. (Or even quicker still, ignore Hellfury and his petulance all together!)

I have the feeling that you are somehow unnecessary mad at me and now try to frantically push down all opinions I have (even when it means to ignore facts (see below), so you can act like a well-known Photoshop-God), maybe that's why you tried to troll in my latest vid thread.

Get over it, whatever I said to you over the internet, please

quote:
As with all of Josephs art it lacks the basic principles of design but not so much so as to ruin it, but there's no point even discussing artwork.

I'm curious so please send me multiple sources where it is written that more than three different fonts are allowed or classified as professional. As far as I know, more than three different fons arent matching [1], [2], [3].

And yes, the artwork isnt a big deal in the end, but fire shadow asked for all kind of feedback, and I made comments about the first obvious one: artwork.

quote:
Considering this is also a completely free project then I hope the more artistic ones out there can look beyond this & appreciate what the album is all about, the love of the music.

I'm not making a big deal out of it man, I know how hard it is to manage a project. Music comes first, just leaved two comments about artwork because you asked for feedback in general. :)
Ken Masters
quote:

quote:
Considering this is also a completely free project then I hope the more artistic ones out there can look beyond this & appreciate what the album is all about, the love of the music.

I'm not making a big deal out of it man, I know how hard it is to manage a project. Music comes first, just leaved two comments about artwork because you asked for feedback in general. :)

..& I completely take that onboard mate :)

There's been some snags along the way but overall a fulfilling project to be part of & I hope you enjoy the music :)

Spyanova
quote:
quote:
You could have given some constructive feedback then.

So telling an example workflow is not an constructive feedback? The top right logo looks just popped in, there isnt even an outline.

I'm saying it's not as constructive anymore, because it's been released. You had weeks to pitch your thoughts before release!

quote:

quote:

I have the feeling that you are somehow unnecessary mad at me and now try to frantically push down all opinions I have (even when it means to ignore facts (see below), so you can act like a well-known Photoshop-God), maybe that's why you tried to troll in my latest vid thread.

Get over it, whatever I said to you over the internet, please

You've not said anything to me! You are just come across as a very arrogant and dislikable person across the web, and pretty much every post you make grinds on me. I think maybe it's because you've posted a couple of threads your ego is a bit bloated. Your posts come across like you're opinion is the only one that matters, regardless of disrespect or relevance. Since we're pulling up references, I find it very disrespectful to start comparing artists, and saying on a thread "Yeah I like this, but I like this better" is a prime example of that.

quote:

quote:
As with all of Josephs art it lacks the basic principles of design but not so much so as to ruin it, but there's no point even discussing artwork.

I'm curious so please send me multiple sources where it is written that more than three different fonts are allowed or classified as professional. As far as I know, more than three different fons arent matching [1], [2], [3].

What? I never said it was allowed. In fact, it's normally the principle that more than 2 display fonts are frowned upon. I was also referring to the amount of fonts when I said basic principles were lacking.

And I am a Photoshop-God.
Ken Masters For anyone having trouble downloading through 4shared i've now added another download link with many more to follow.

I haven't used 4shared for quite some time now but always remembered it being reliable & featuring the download counter, obviously having to sign up just to download isn't ideal though.
DJ Hellfury
quote:
I'm saying it's not as constructive anymore, because it's been released. You had weeks to pitch your thoughts before release!

It's not constructive feedback anymore just because I released my thoughts to the end product Interesting point of view.

quote:
You've not said anything to me! You are just come across as a very arrogant and dislikable person across the web, and pretty much every post you make grinds on me. I think maybe it's because you've posted a couple of threads your ego is a bit bloated.

I guess you need to rethink everything you just typed just now. My ego is bloated because I created topics? You are even mad when you see me suggesting tunes?

Dude... are you serious? ^^ I'm an adult, not some teenager anymore. I try to deliver informations for you guys, about CD releases, not more. If you get mad about that I really don't know what to say.

quote:
...our posts come across like you're opinion is the only one that matters, regardless of disrespect or relevance. Since we're pulling up references, I find it very disrespectful to start comparing artists, and saying on a thread "Yeah I like this, but I like this better" is a prime example of that.

Why do you think that I disrespect other opinions? I'm not thinking that way, ever. Sorry if I made you believe that, but it's not true.

quote:
What? I never said it was allowed. In fact, it's normally the principle that more than 2 display fonts are frowned upon. I was also referring to the amount of fonts when I said basic principles were lacking.

But you made it look like it's ok to use more than three fonts for one cover. It is a matter of fact that more than three fonts are not looking professional.

quote:
And I am a Photoshop-God.

So, you judge about me, telling me arrogant e.g. and now you pull this one off.
Very clever! You do what you actually criticized about me some minutes ago.

quote:
For anyone having trouble downloading through 4shared i've now added another download link with many more to follow.

It would have been ok to add tri's site with accounts & passwords imo. :)
Ionosphere To whom it may concern -

As a token of respect and consideration to all those who have given freely of their time and effort in the creation of this free album.

Would you think it unreasonable to ask that instead of cluttering this post you take your arguments elsewhere?

....and possibly be kind enough to edit your posts and remove the paragraphs of quotes and personal grievance before you do? Thank you. :)
djDMS
quote:
Originally posted by Ionosphere:
To whom it may concern -

As a token of respect and consideration to all those who have given freely of their time and effort in the creation of this free album.

Would you think it unreasonable to ask that instead of cluttering this post you take your arguments elsewhere?

....and possibly be kind enough to edit your posts and remove the paragraphs of quotes and personal grievance before you do? Thank you. :)

Here here!

For those among us who appear to be up themselves, save your opinions for something relevant.
DJ Hellfury Well, at least I see this little debate as ended because of his last sentence. ;)

And spy, if you still want to talk, send a PM from now on so this thread stays clean, again.

Ps: editing posts with my smartphone is a nightmare...
Ken Masters Yeh we've certainly had the share of feedback on the artwork! haha

...but i'd love to hear some feedback/reviews of the tracks :)
The Doc omg Ionosphere what have you done? Its like you've raped my only dream and turned it into a knightmare! Its really anoyed me, its F**king shite.
silver Congrats to all involved, sounds great!

Regarding the artwork, Ken I sent you vector versions of our logo for the artwork why did you use a web graphic?
Dys7 Why not just use RapidShare? It's free, no account needed to DL, and it has a counter.
Mortis
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
quote:
To whom it may concern -

Here here!

For those among us who appear to be up themselves, save your opinions for something relevant.

Totally agree with these comments.

Hellfury & Spyanova please have some respect and take this issue to PM's. It's an insult to everyone involved in the project to have it further blighted by arguments and one upmanship.

Fireshadow has worked hard on this project and has already encountered some grief in the other thread regarding delays, he could have easily just given up and quite rightly told people to go f*ck themselves but he didn't, he stuck at it and we have a good end result. The people who put time and effort into doing the artwork and the ones who made the tracks deserve to have constructive feedback not some petty little argument overshadowing the project.
DJ Hellfury Can we just forget this already and don't put a drama out of an old story please? I had to comment about his statements and it's just a forum where posts can be overlooked, it's page 3 already, not many are browsing at page 2 anymore imo. I respect the work and effort fire shadow did, his endurance is enviable. It was just a little entertaining debate, but that's it, please don't act that it was a super-serious, disrespectful threat (because it wasnt imo.), ok? :)

Sorry again, next time I deal with this via PMs (leasson learned), so just enjoy yourselfs with the music and give feedback already.
djgraemeb love it! excellent job
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
Congrats to all involved, sounds great!

Regarding the artwork, Ken I sent you vector versions of our logo for the artwork why did you use a web graphic?

I really dont understand the thinking behind using the web graphic over the vector version to be honest as all I supplied was the vector version, I look into it...

Glad your enjoying the album & thanks for the opportunity to run such a project :)
Ken Masters Its always been a real harsh forum! Haha

Obviously there will be aspects of a project like this that people dont like which is fair enough but we hope that everyone will find something that is more to their liking and not just focus on what they don't like.

If anyone is going to be critical on an individual track then please offer some feedback on the rest :)
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by djgraemeb:
love it! excellent job

quote:

The music is a breathe of fresh air. Lots of various styles and stuff, which is great to hear! Well done!!

thanks for that, glad your enjoying it lads :)
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by Dys7:
Why not just use RapidShare? It's free, no account needed to DL, and it has a counter.

Rapidshare! I think i've looked through every other file hosting site on the net & somehow forgot all about it. I was desperately trying to find something with the download counter & 4shared was all I could find.

Will use it now...
jimmyhypa Mediafire has a download counter I use that quite a lot.
Spyanova
quote:
Originally posted by jimmyhypa:
Mediafire has a download counter I use that quite a lot.

Mediafire is cracking.
The Dopeman mediafire has been pretty wierd lately the upload allowance went from 50gb to 10gb now it's back to 50gb and 4 of my uploads have disapeared...god knows whats going on with mediafire these days lol
Spyanova
quote:
Originally posted by The Dopeman:
mediafire has been pretty wierd lately the upload allowance went from 50gb to 10gb now it's back to 50gb and 4 of my uploads have disapeared...god knows whats going on with mediafire these days lol

They're still far and away the best to use, but their dependance on javascript and weird design has made the site very hard to use and very glitchy.
Hard2Get Zippyshare is the best I've used.
Ken Masters Ok, we've debated artwork and now file hosting.....

.....but what about the music!? ; )
djDMS That's a cool video!

Also, loving how Ionosphere can manage to turn a totally unsuitable old track like that into a Hardcore tune.
Listening to the rest now, feedback later
jimmyhypa On the D/L now.
Phobz Really enjoying the album up to now. Lot's of great production from all the artists.

My favourite track I keep seeming to overplay is Audio Warfare - Moonbow Sonata. Beautiful and insanely well produced. Can't get enough of it :)

I am still plowing through the tracks and listening and will post a more constructive reply when I have really given the music a thorough listening to.

You did an excellent job putting the album together. Well done mate.
Ionosphere Ken's done it again, another really good album with all tracks from the members of this site which, if you think about, is pretty impressive.

So well done to everyone involved.

More feedback after giving it a better listen. :)

quote:
Originally posted by The Doc:
omg Ionosphere what have you done? Its like you've raped my only dream and turned it into a knightmare! Its really anoyed me, its F**king shite.

Ah, some genuine feedback, thank you and you're quite right.

Having your heart broken is a nightmare. Having your heart broken is F**king shite. :-/

quote:
That's a cool video!

Also, loving how Ionosphere can manage to turn a totally unsuitable old track like that into a Hardcore tune.

Thanks Dean. Glad someone likes it.
Audio Warfare Excellent work everyone, some really unique and interesting sounding tracks in here. Nice one Ken for putting it all together and sticking it out even with your web problems. :P
DJ Hellfury Strong titles in there. Like most of the tunes, bit displeased about Systemization Remix because its less powerful than original mix and varity is not the best within it. Tracks overall: 9/10, i really like the old school sound! Really awesome job guys

Anyway, Kens Mix is overall nice because ideas behind transistions are overall good, just trainwrecking from time to time. 7,5/10 from my side. Wish you posted timecode for mix btw.
Ken Masters
quote:
Anyway, Kens Mix is overall nice because ideas behind transistions are overall good, just trainwrecking from time to time. 7,5/10 from my side. Wish you posted timecode for mix btw.

I'd say the use of the word trainwrecking might be a bit harsh Haha!

There were a couple of slips due this PC having passed it's best days & struggling somewhat to run Scratch Live.

Unfortunetly PC trouble was also the reason I couldn't complete & feature any tracks this time round but not too worry, i'll be sure to make up for that next year :)

Good to see a strong rating on the overall tracks, glad you enjoyed them.

Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by Audio Warfare:
Nice one Ken for putting it all together and sticking it out even with your web problems. :P

Please don't remind me! haha i'm settling back into net life nicely now thankyou very much ; )

quote:
Originally posted by Phobz:
You did an excellent job putting the album together. Well done mate.

quote:
Ken's done it again, another really good album with all tracks from the members of this site which, if you think about, is pretty impressive.

Cheers everyone, much appreciated!

There's was huge response to the project & managed to gather in a strong track selection to choose from.

I hope everyone will bare the next installment in mind over the coming year, I know I will!

wong i dont think he means to be as harsh as he sounds.
Ken Masters I've now updated the WAV download link on the first page incase anyone had trouble getting it the first time round.
DJ Hellfury
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Masters:

quote:
Originally posted by wong:
i dont think he means to be as harsh as he sounds.

[>_<'] Guys, I'm sorry if it sounded harsh but I guess I have an unwanted talent to look like someone being rude sometimes, even when forums in general have an disadvantage: without the usage of smilies all posts will be perceived as neutral or worse. So keep in mind that my posts arent intended to have an negative undertone.

And Ken, maybe trainwreck is something misleading, so I will replace it with desync, hope it's more accurate this time. :)
Ken Masters
quote:
quote:

quote:
i dont think he means to be as harsh as he sounds.

[>_<'] Guys, I'm sorry if it sounded harsh but I guess I have an unwanted talent to look like someone being rude sometimes, even when forums in general have an disadvantage: without the usage of smilies all posts will be perceived as neutral or worse. So keep in mind that my posts arent intended to have an negative undertone.

And Ken, maybe trainwreck is something misleading, so I will replace it with desync, hope it's more accurate this time. :)

haha your abrupt but I still love ya :P
Ken Masters
quote:
That's a cool video!

[/quote]

Love it lads! I wouldn't have featured it otherwise.

It sounds like nothing i've ever heard before, every track you guys make is insanely original.

The progression throughout the whole track is terrific, swaying in & out through the various melodies, it's a real journey.

djDMS
quote:
quote:
That's a cool video!

Thank you for managing to put what i couldn't say into words mate!

Has the Ionosphere sound without sounding like anything else they've done - if that makes sense!
Love it lads! I wouldn't have featured it otherwise.

It sounds like nothing i've ever heard before, every track you guys make is insanely original.

The progression throughout the whole track is terrific, swaying in & out through the various melodies, it's a real journey.

[/quote]

Dys7 Oops?
djDMS Yep!
VxJasonxV Both of the URLs in the first post are exhausted again. Might I recommend donation-driven Amazon S3? Or even a public bit ******* server ( http://publicbt.com/ )?

Using a public Bit******* service would require someone continuing to seed it, using Amazon S3 would make the files nearly permanent and available at extremely low cost.

[edit]
Well, you can tell how new I am. Besides the information over there, I see that the t-word is a naughty word. Ultimately I'm not surprised. But a free, sanctioned release means that the t-word is not as naughty in this case...

I also just remembered, Amazon S3 can even serve the media over a t-word as opposed to direct download.
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by VxJasonxV:
Both of the URLs in the first post are exhausted again.

Bloody hell! I didn't think rapidshare would be exhausted as quick as that, although we have received a nice amount of downloads so far.

Im really sorry about that mate, I'll up some more links as soon as im back from work.

Welcome to the forums btw!

Dys7 You should probably update the SoundCloud
DJ Hellfury I can upload all those tunes on my soundcloud profile while you reshare them on yours
latininxtc Yea if you re-upload please use something other than rapidshare. For me it was really sucking ass and it stalled downloading after 50mb for no apparent reason.
Dys7 I wasn't asking that.
The point was Ken should probably upload something to the PPF sound account saying the album is now up for download.
DJ Hellfury Just saying that I have soundcloud premium with unlimited download slots + download counter so there is no need for free upload sites. I would like to help by uploading these tunes plus descriptions, if Ken is fine with that; he only needs to reshare them on his profile then.
Dys7 Hrmm, maybe that could work.
DJ Hellfury Anyway, I will start uploading those since I have time now, but I will set them in private mode. If Ken is not fine with it I delete them, no problem.

Uploaded everything (tunes+set) btw.
Ken Masters I updated the info & all track info on the sc page as soon as the album was released.

I figured id feature previews on there only to encourage people to download the whole album instead.

I dont see any sense in offering all the tracks individually & then people just taking what they want & then missing the whole point of the album.

However! Feel free to share your tracks on your own page by all means! Just link people to the full album aswell :)

There will be various other download links up shortly aswell...
Dys7 I would upload some sort of clip saying its out instead of just changing the info, lots of people don't check info when they look at a SC and furthermore the people following you will get a notice for it too
DJ Hellfury
quote:
I dont see any sense in offering all the tracks individually & then people just taking what they want & then missing the whole point of the album.

However! Feel free to share your tracks on your own page by all means! Just link people to the full album aswell :)

Go online at soundcloud and just tell me if I have to delete it, send you invites to those tunes which are set to private. But before you do your judgement, I'm just saying that people will always pick up the tunes they like and may delete the rest. I can create a playlist like this one so everything is in one place.

Sidenote: I may ask Soundcloud support about download button at playlist where it is possible to download all included tunes with just one click; have some ideas in my mind.

Before you constantly have to reupload links because of high traffic I would be happy to help you out with unlimited download slots.

Ken Masters
quote:
quote:

Sidenote: I may ask Soundcloud support about download button at playlist where it is possible to download all included tunes with just one click; have some ideas in my mind.

If you can in some way feature a playlist of the tracks but only allow all the tracks to be downloaded in one go then go ahead, however I really don't think it's the best idea to have people pick only the tracks they want without appreciating the album as a whole.

Just because someone is into a certain track or 2 at that time doesn't mean to say they won't like others further down the line. I'd like them to have the full album to listen to again in future even if they did only like a track or 2 at the time of downloading. If even then they delete the ones they don't want, at least they've given the album a full listen through & then made their judgement.

Ken Masters
quote:
I would upload some sort of clip saying its out instead of just changing the info, lots of people don't check info when they look at a SC and furthermore the people following you will get a notice for it too

Will do. At the minute the PPF soundcloud only has 20 followers anyway but I will continue to promote it & get more people involved for future albums.

For the time being though all i'd be doing is promoting the album back to the artists as it's basically only you guys on there at the minute!
Ken Masters OK i've added more download links to the main post & will continue adding a variety of file hosting sites today & tomorrow.

The albums received almost 300 downloads already, thanks for the support everyone! :)
VxJasonxV Awesome. Thanks Ken.
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by VxJasonxV:
Awesome. Thanks Ken.

No worries my friend, hope you enjoy it :)
_Jay_ Crumbs. I've got so much catching up to do! Will get listening today chaps. It's looking good!
wong
quote:

1. Phobz - Happy Vibes

really liking this, i think a big kick remix would suit this track very much
Ken Masters
quote:
quote:

1. Phobz - Happy Vibes

really liking this, i think a big kick remix would suit this track very much

Could happen once the remix comp begins :)

What we'll do is have a vote on which track everyone would like to remix, then, after the artists approval of course, let the fun begin!

There will then be another round of votes to determine the best remix and the winner will feature on 'PPF 2014'.

I'll kick things off in due time :)
Phobz thank you wong really appreciated :)

It would be great to have someone remix a track i've made - not had anyone do that before. I'd sort out midi's etc if needed. Remix comp sounds great. I'd love to do a remix of moonbow. I think I love that song so much because I was obsessed with the earlier hardcore version of it. Always enjoyed that track the piano works wickedly in hardcore.
djDMS Tell you what would be cool - an album of remixes ;-)
wong
quote:
Remix comp sounds great. I'd love to do a remix of moonbow.

well i was actually thinking that audio warfare would do a great big kick mix of your track so maybe you could remix each others tracks :p
Ken Masters
quote:
Tell you what would be cool - an album of remixes ;-)

That is a cool idea mate. The next album could feature 2 "CDs", one with new tracks and a second with remixes of past tracks :)

If any of you guys arrange to remix each others tracks then be sure to hold them back for the next album :)
TheOneNOnly As a side note, currently working on uploading the entire album to YouTube like last time.
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by TheOneNOnly:
As a side note, currently working on uploading the entire album to YouTube like last time.

awesome stuff, thanks for that dude
Ken Masters 400+ recorded downloads so far, obviously not counting the links without counters so it'll be closer to 500.

Thanks for the support everyone!

Please take a second to link people on Facebook, etc & keep getting the word out...
Ken Masters What's the opinions on remixes for the next album people?

Would you rather get involved in a remix comp, or even have me allocate tracks to each artist looking to remix for the next album and then have all remixes feature on a separate "remixes CD" next time round?

Or even both?

Feedback & ideas please :)
BrandonL Big ups on the album, guys! I really appreciate the free tracks! I'm supporting this as much as I can so we can get as much traffic to it as possible. Doing my part! :D

Keep up the good work, fellas!
TheOneNOnly Click here for YouTube Videos of the Past the Present the Future.
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by BrandonL:
Big ups on the album, guys! I really appreciate the free tracks! I'm supporting this as much as I can so we can get as much traffic to it as possible. Doing my part! :D

Keep up the good work, fellas!

Awesome stuff! Thanks for the support, glad your enjoying it :)
djchexmixer Fantastic! Thanks! Downloading right now, will have a listen while I work.
BrandonL
quote:
What's the opinions on remixes for the next album people?

Would you rather get involved in a remix comp, or even have me allocate tracks to each artist looking to remix for the next album and then have all remixes feature on a separate "remixes CD" next time round?

Or even both?

I wouldn't mind taking a stab at a remix. I'm still a novice, but I'm not a complete rookie either. :D
Hard2Get Same as before. But with 2 CD's. And allow remixes of previous tunes.
Dys7
quote:
quote:

Or even both?

I wouldn't mind taking a stab at a remix. I'm still a novice, but I'm not a complete rookie either. :D

PM me if you want anything of mine! :)
Ken Masters
quote:
quote:
quote:

Or even both?

PM me if you want anything of mine! :)

Try and hold off if you can for now dude.

If the idea for a full 2nd CD of remixes goes ahead we will need to plan how each tracks is allocated to each artist rather than it being a bit of a free-for-all.

Secondly if we do decide to stick to the remix comp idea and feature only one or 2 remixes then, if the votes go your way, it could be your track up for remixing.

Ideas and feedback please people...1 additional "disc" on the next album featuring all remixes of past tracks, or stick to the same format and feature a couple of remixes in with the new selection of tracks?

...and if so what's the best way to allocate the tracks making sure that each track is remixed by a creditable artists from the last album?
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
Same as before. But with 2 CD's. And allow remixes of previous tunes.

could be a possibility mate,

How would we go about alocating the remix packs though?

Would each creditable artist be paired with a track to remix at random? Or there's the possibility of various tracks to remix through the comp with only the best remix of each track featuring.
Triquatra I keep forgetting to transfer it to my server so there is another mirror! I have to do it overnight because of my crappy upload speed hehe
_Jay_ I think keeping it simple, like Matt's suggesting, is the best way.

Two disc's worth of tracks next time (obviously only if the quality is high enough). If producers get in touch with another about remixing a track featured the previous year, during the year leading up to the next edition, then that's fine. I don't think there will be such a remix orgy that people will need to be allocated, or that allocation might need to be considered.

And you can still run more structured remix competitions during the year to keep interest in the project high.
Phobz It does sound good to do that Wong! Personally it would be marvelous to remix any artists track from this album. All did an amazing job.

This sounds very interesting! Remix Orgy!!?!
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:
I think keeping it simple, like Matt's suggesting, is the best way.

Two disc's worth of tracks next time (obviously only if the quality is high enough). If producers get in touch with another about remixing a track featured the previous year, during the year leading up to the next edition, then that's fine. I don't think there will be such a remix orgy that people will need to be allocated, or that allocation might need to be considered.

And you can still run more structured remix competitions during the year to keep interest in the project high.

Fair points mate. If such an arrangement were to go ahead then I would have to urge all artists who would like their track remixed for the next album to start arranging this as soon as they can.

inorder to create a selection of remixes strong enough to feature on they're own disc then everyone would have to start making arrangements asap.

do you think it would be worth while for the artists to make the remix packs public in another thread with each of the artists deciding on the best remixes they'd like to forward to me?
djchexmixer Been listening to this at work all day.... gotta say... pretty darn good album.

Lots of fun tracks... and for free!?
This album is much better than some albums I've paid for...!

Thank you so much and to all the artists who contributed! Great stuff!!
Hard2Get
quote:
If producers get in touch with another about remixing a track featured the previous year, during the year leading up to the next edition, then that's fine. I don't think there will be such a remix orgy that people will need to be allocated, or that allocation might need to be considered.

I agree. The remixes would be submitted as if they were any other tune.
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by djchexmixer:
Been listening to this at work all day.... gotta say... pretty darn good album.

Lots of fun tracks... and for free!?
This album is much better than some albums I've paid for...!

Thank you so much and to all the artists who contributed! Great stuff!!

Kind words my friend, thanks for that :) Glad your enjoying it.

Keep an out for the next one, we'll be releasing one every year...
Ken Masters Could I ask a favour of everyone involved with the album, or just those who are enjoying it...

..could you please take a second to post this thread link onto your fb pages, ect and help spread the word.

There's no reason for your friends not to download seeing as its completely free & the more people we get talking about it and enjoying it the more the series will grow :)

Cheers !
_Jay_
quote:
Fair points mate. If such an arrangement were to go ahead then I would have to urge all artists who would like their track remixed for the next album to start arranging this as soon as they can.

inorder to create a selection of remixes strong enough to feature on they're own disc then everyone would have to start making arrangements asap.

do you think it would be worth while for the artists to make the remix packs public in another thread with each of the artists deciding on the best remixes they'd like to forward to me?

Sorry man, hadn't seen your reply to this.

But yeah, I don't think I made myself especially easy to understand. lol. I wasn't suggesting have an additional disc of remixes. I was suggesting having two full discs of largely original material, and if it so happens that "...producers get in touch with one another about remixing a track featured the previous year, during the year leading up to the next edition, then that's fine" leading on to what Matt says:

quote:
The remixes would be submitted as if they were any other tune.

:-)

Ionosphere Had the album for over a week now and given it a damn good thrashing so -
(our tracks not included as that'd be cnutish)

Top 5

5. Archefluxx - Systemization. Lots of interesting stuff in there.
4. Firefly - Landscape. As good as always.
3. JLR - Sensuality. Genuinely good track.
2. EPICORE - Continue Your Journey. A really catchy riff that's been stuck in my head for days. :)

and

1. 'Moonbow Sonata' - Audio Warfare. Absolutely head and shoulders above everything else. Proper musical excellence. Proper Hardcore and excellent production.

and a great big well done and thank you, once again, to Ken Masters for making this happen.

Ken Masters
quote:
Had the album for over a week now and given it a damn good thrashing so -
(our tracks not included as that'd be cnutish)

Top 5

5. Archefluxx - Systemization. Lots of interesting stuff in there.
4. Firefly - Landscape. As good as always.
3. JLR - Sensuality. Genuinely good track.
2. EPICORE - Continue Your Journey. A really catchy riff that's been stuck in my head for days. :)

and

1. 'Moonbow Sonata' - Audio Warfare. Absolutely head and shoulders above everything else. Proper musical excellence. Proper Hardcore and excellent production.

and a great big well done and thank you, once again, to Ken Masters for making this happen.

Glad your all enjoying it out there in the outer Ionosphere!

I have to agree, Moonbow Sonata is an immense track, definitely one of my favorites on there :)

Good to see you enjoyed JLR's track aswell. Jacob prides himself in making tracks using only original hardware inorder to capture those lost & forgotten sounds.
Ken Masters
quote:
quote:

Sorry man, hadn't seen your reply to this.

But yeah, I don't think I made myself especially easy to understand. lol. I wasn't suggesting have an additional disc of remixes. I was suggesting having two full discs of largely original material, and if it so happens that "...producers get in touch with one another about remixing a track featured the previous year, during the year leading up to the next edition, then that's fine" leading on to what Matt says:

quote:
The remixes would be submitted as if they were any other tune.

:-)

Agreed mate. Not to feature a full remix disc as such but feature original tracks & remixes side by side.

This would also allow us to get back to 2 discs of Unmixed material again.

There's no official submission start date as such. If anyone has anything they'd like to submit throughout the year or would like help & feedback on anything their working on then be sure to get in contact :)
MartinWestinghouse Hey I've got a few tracks to submit, so do you guys want them in WAV or AIFF files? What bit depth? 24bit? thanks in advance

-Martin Westinghouse

http://www.soundcloud.com/martin-westinghouse
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by MartinWestinghouse:
Hey I've got a few tracks to submit, so do you guys want them in WAV or AIFF files? What bit depth? 24bit? thanks in advance

-Martin Westinghouse

http://www.soundcloud.com/martin-westinghouse

hey martin, thanks for getting involved.

Any track submissions/links to submissions just send them to me at [email protected] or PM through the site and I'll gladly check them out.

Preferably WAV @ 24bit

Ken Masters Just under 800 downloads so far people, not bad at all :)

Please take a second to share on your sites/social network pages & lets crack the 1000 mark within a month of release :)
_Jay_ That's great, Ken! That's not a small figure these days, at all.
Ken Masters
quote:
That's great, Ken! That's not a small figure these days, at all.

yeh its been really well received Jay, looking forward to pushing this project much further over the coming years :)
_Jay_ Yes mate, definitely. Got the basis of something very good here!
Ken Masters We're now about 1 month since release & we are just short of the 1000 download mark.

Outstanding effort from everyone involved & thanks again for all your help in making the project possible.

I will kick off the remix comp shortly with the winning remix featuring on PPF 2014.

I urge all willing producers involved to create remix packs for your track. Even if your track isn't involved in the comp we will still look to have more remixes feature next time round & this can be arranged between yourselves.

RIGHT! LETS PUT IT TO A VOTE! WHICH TRACK FROM THE NEW ALBUM WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE FEATURE IN THE REMIX COMP?
_Jay_ Almost a thousand! That's absolutely sensational.
Ken Masters
quote:
Almost a thousand! That's absolutely sensational.

it really is mate. If we could keep that up between now & the next album we'll be looking at a nice amount :)
Ken Masters We're now about 1 month since release & we are just short of the 1000 download mark.

Outstanding effort from everyone involved & thanks again for all your help in making the project possible.

I will kick off the remix comp shortly with the winning remix featuring on PPF 2014.

I urge all willing PPF producers involved to create remix packs for your track. Even if your track isn't involved in the comp we will still look to have more remixes feature next time round & this can be arranged between yourselves.

RIGHT! LETS PUT IT TO A VOTE! WHICH TRACK FROM THE NEW ALBUM WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE FEATURE IN THE REMIX COMP?
Phobz Wow, the 1000 mark already. Amazing!

Sounds like fun. I'll sort out remix packs for tracks. Not quite sure what's involved with this though, is it just midi's / samples etc?
Ken Masters
quote:
Wow, the 1000 mark already. Amazing!

Sounds like fun. I'll sort out remix packs for tracks. Not quite sure what's involved with this though, is it just midi's / samples etc?

I know, it's unreal to think the albums only been released a month ago!

It just goes to show the potential these albums have over the coming years.

As for the remix packs, gather whatever you think will be beneficial to the remix, midi's, wav loops, one hits, etc.

If we can at least get some packs started through this thread for now then I'll start an official remix thread once I'm back from sunny Portugal on Sunday :)
_Jay_
quote:
once I'm back from sunny Portugal on Sunday :)

Have fun man! :-)
Phobz Enjoy matey! I bask the rays of radiation that thrives in the lucsious realms of the UK. ****ing wish! :P
Hard2Get If i start a tune now i might actually have it done for next year. Might.
_Jay_
quote:
If i start a tune now i might actually have it done for next year. Might.

Pull your fcuking finger out and get one made. I know what you're capable of now.
DJ_FunDaBounce Finally got around to listen to this! didn't have winrar installed due to a reboot of the system.

Good stuff overall. I particularly liked the first half of the set. I've yet to listen to the full versions but based on the mix I think all did a fine job.

Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by DJ_FunDaBounce:
Finally got around to listen to this! didn't have winrar installed due to a reboot of the system.

Good stuff overall. I particularly liked the first half of the set. I've yet to listen to the full versions but based on the mix I think all did a fine job.

Cheers man, glad you enjoyed it :)

Hopefully see getting involved on next years album...

Ken Masters 1300 downloads! thanks for the support people :)

Please keep pushing it onto social pages, etc if you can you lot.

_Jay_ 1,300, wow!! Amazing effort everyone. :-)
Ken Masters
quote:
1,300, wow!! Amazing effort everyone. :-)

unbelievable effort! :)
Ken Masters 9,000 thread views and not far off 1,500 downloads so far :)

Thanks again to everyone that got involved!

Looking forward to building the next album at the end of the year :)
Sulphurik Will have to check this out.
DJ CircuitCode Good work! Really enjoying this!
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by DJ CircuitCode:
Good work! Really enjoying this!

Thanks for the feedback, glad your enjoying it.

Keep an eye out for the next installment out early next year :)
SmashingTheSirens This is unreal considering it's free. Some really nice gems on here. I'll keep an eye out for the remix thingy whenever it drops :-)
Dys7
quote:
Originally posted by SmashingTheSirens:
This is unreal considering it's free. Some really nice gems on here. I'll keep an eye out for the remix thingy whenever it drops :-)

By when it drops I hope you don't mean when it starts - because its almost over.
Josephson_Junction
quote:
quote:
This is unreal considering it's free. Some really nice gems on here. I'll keep an eye out for the remix thingy whenever it drops :-)

By when it drops I hope you don't mean when it starts - because its almost over.

This shit ain't over until the last record spins!
Ken Masters
quote:

kind words, glad you liked it man,

keep any eye out for PPF 2014 out next April :)
Charco Just browsing through and only noticed the video...class job!!! Maybe on the next CD you should all do mini promo vids to best capture the moods of the music....be an extra challenge!!!

After watchin that - got proper drawn into the track...made a tune I already like seem deeper??
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by Charco:
Just browsing through and only noticed the video...class job!!! Maybe on the next CD you should all do mini promo vids to best capture the moods of the music....be an extra challenge!!!

After watchin that - got proper drawn into the track...made a tune I already like seem deeper??

that's a good idea man, got a few new ideas for promotion on the next album so will be sure to get a video done aswell :)
Ken Masters Seen a nice boost in downloads since kicking off the remix comp, now well over 2000 downloads :)
_Jay_ I've finally gotten around to putting all of the tracks on my site's YouTube channel, so hopefully you should get a couple more downloads trickling in from that.

Here's the playlist if you want to have a look, Ken. If you want me to change any of the info in the descriptions (links and shit), let me know.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQgfVqXTpCs6d9LuSwnkDJTmf10q7jVj6

Just want to mention Continue Your Journey by EPiCORE. Great track!

On another note, and since this PPF project is improving in quality and participation numbers - along with the remix comp - and since you're someone that's actually good at organising and doesn't let things drift and go unfinished after a few months - do you think it might be an idea to set up a little website for PPF? Nothing fancy or effort-requiring. Like my site for example - runs on WordPress and hosted with WordPress. All I had to do was pay $17 to buy the domain (so that .WordPress.com doesn't appear in the URL), pick a theme, and then away you go!

Obviously these forums and SoundCloud basically have you covered with the participation element, but it'd be cool to have a shiny looking website with all the background info and hosts past editions and stuff.

Sounds like a bit of a hassle, but it wouldn't (need to) be updated all that frequently, and WordPress is such a piece of piss to use!
Ken Masters
quote:
I've finally gotten around to putting all of the tracks on my site's YouTube channel, so hopefully you should get a couple more downloads trickling in from that.

Here's the playlist if you want to have a look, Ken. If you want me to change any of the info in the descriptions (links and shit), let me know.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQgfVqXTpCs6d9LuSwnkDJTmf10q7jVj6

Just want to mention Continue Your Journey by EPiCORE. Great track!

On another note, and since this PPF project is improving in quality and participation numbers - along with the remix comp - and since you're someone that's actually good at organising and doesn't let things drift and go unfinished after a few months - do you think it might be an idea to set up a little website for PPF? Nothing fancy or effort-requiring. Like my site for example - runs on WordPress and hosted with WordPress. All I had to do was pay $17 to buy the domain (so that .WordPress.com doesn't appear in the URL), pick a theme, and then away you go!

Obviously these forums and SoundCloud basically have you covered with the participation element, but it'd be cool to have a shiny looking website with all the background info and hosts past editions and stuff.

Sounds like a bit of a hassle, but it wouldn't (need to) be updated all that frequently, and WordPress is such a piece of piss to use!

you know, you could be onto something there. As the series progresses it would be cool to have all the albums living under one roof rather than lost in the forums with the occasional re-posted link.

what I'll do is put this into action in time with the release of the next album and take it from there :)

..and cheers for posting the tracks on your channel Jay, appreciate it man!
_Jay_
quote:
you know, you could be onto something there. As the series progresses it would be cool to have all the albums living under one roof rather than lost in the forums with the occasional re-posted link.

Yeah, that's exactly what I mean man! :-)

quote:
..and cheers for posting the tracks on your channel Jay, appreciate it man!

My pleasure dude!
[email protected] Any more links for this? Rapidshare is taking forever, says 37 hours to go. Can anyone up to mega.co.nz?
Phobz There you go. Let me know when your downloaded mate so I can take it out of my dropbox :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8gk7p7yxdhbvlnh/The%20Past.%20The%20Present.%20The%20Future.%202013.rar
Ken Masters Cheers mate :)

Not long now till we start preps for next years album..
djchexmixer
quote:
Cheers mate :)

Not long now till we start preps for next years album..

w00t!

It took 6.59 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page