Radio listeners 158+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 OK i just must be deaf

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Dj Dess Ok I cannot beat match all that well but i can a very little but PITCH! I CANNOT AT ALL! I don't understand how I can tell if the pitch is right like i said in the subject i guess i am deaf >_< can anyone help me out here

Yo what's up this is a PSA public service announcement because i feel this is something we gotta say you see their trying to make hardcore dissapear trying to make it final for the vinyl saying that its time for the wax to relax-RL&D-PSA
kg4 ok, i had the same problem when i started.what you do is when you have the first track playing, and you release the second track... whenevr you speed the record up or down with your hand, do the same with the pitch control.... little by little keep doing this, and voila

Oh man, I hope I didn't brain my damage...
DJ Mouse its not a case of being deaf,its a case of training your ears so you can distinguish which record is ahead of the other. that's the problem all my mates have when they try mix. and that's the bit that takes time. it'll just click one day and you'll know how to tell the two apart and when it does,you're sorted and getting the pitch at the right spot every time will follow.

the only way of telling if you're pitch is at the right spot or not is this: set them off bang on time then if they start clanging,obviously it's wrong

--------------------------------------------------
"Don't frown when someone annoys you, it uses 42 muscles. Bitch-slap the fu©ker, it only uses 4"

DJ Mouse
StrifeII or just muck around like i do [:P]
works for me and its what sy does

If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
silver Know your tracks, record a mix and then play it back to yourself, find your mistakes and then repeat... over and over until you are good :)

----------------------------------
you, me and hardcore forever.
Dj Dess Thanks for the help i am getting a lil better just need to listen better i guess :-)

Yo what's up this is a PSA public service announcement because i feel this is something we gotta say you see their trying to make hardcore dissapear trying to make it final for the vinyl saying that its time for the wax to relax-RL&D-PSA
atomicb I know it sucks - about 7 months ago I was there (and for a few hourstoday when I was adjusting to my new vesatax's I was back thre again!) You just have to suck it up and keep at it. You just have to keep going - and DO NOT GIVE UP because you think u suck.

I'd agree that one day it does just click, and you'll wonder why it was so hard before!

Dj Dess hey guys i am getting it down and i am getting better according to my friend thanks for all the help :-D

Dj Dess hey guys i am getting it down and i am getting better according to my friend thanks for all the help :-D

Brian K
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
Know your tracks, record a mix and then play it back to yourself

i cannot express how much recording yourself helps, very good advice =)

btw good to "hear" you're doing better =P

"Cuz I'm hardcore, heavyweight, magical man."
fazza
quote:
Originally posted by Brian K:

btw good to "hear" you're doing better =P

haha what a comedian!

"I feel you, i want you, i know your touch is all i need, im waiting you're shining"
CandyAss One of the most important things that new DJs fail to do is release the incoming record on the right measure. You gotta' line up your phases to match them correctly because even if it's matched perfectly (a rare occassion) it'll sound like rubbish if your layers aren't lined up. Count every 32 beats before you release a record, you can not release a record whereever you feel. You may already know this, but just wanted to tell you if you didn't 'cos it helps a lot. Also make sure you continue to fix the pitch while your in the mix (if it needs fixing). Never cop outta' a mix that sounds like shit if you're just recording yourself at home, you'll never learn that way. Keep at it until you fix it.

CandyAss
Drew
http://www.valence2000.com
http://www.hardcorps.org
Tricky AB I'm having the same problem...but I just found this board (plus the advice I'm reading is great)...I'll keep working at it...

grinsystem ditto to that!
Great help..not to mention great cheerleading/moral support for those in the process of learning.

TweekiN keep mucking with it, it will come dont worry
u WILL notice

The FORCE is strong with this one

Go hard or GO HOME!!
kg4 candyass is VERY right... no one can stress enough that you cant release a record whenever the hell you want ;)

CandyAss
quote:
Originally posted by kg4:
candyass is VERY right... no one can stress enough that you cant release a record whenever the hell you want ;)

Thanks man...we probably all had to learn that at some point or another, better sooner then later.

Dess: Go here if you want some good advice. If you really read and understand what's being said you'll pretty much have the whole concept of mixing & beatmatching down. Then all you have to do is practice to get good http://music.hyperreal.org/dj/AVH/

CandyAss
Drew
http://www.valence2000.com
http://www.hardcorps.org

It took 0.88 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page