Total online 1474
 Radio listeners 166+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 PAGING SILVER (or anyone else who lives in japan)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Peter_Go_Zania What is the deal with the new technics mk5G? I hear that they arent out yet out there. Is this true? I have to nab me a set of these, Pitched decks w/o opening the table and voiding warranty = heaven. Any info on these will be greatly appreciated.

silver Yeah they are out, I have had a demo model for the last 2 weeks, I was going to do a review on it maybe. Here is a crappy photo I took with my mobile phone (note the record playing hehe). Yes all the lights are blue from the factory except the on / off switch. There is a button to switch between double pitch (-16 to + 16) and normal pitch (-8 to +8) on the top, also when you switch between double pitch and normal pitch the pitch scale is lit up with the new scale (as you can see on the right in the image below).

----------------------------------
you, me and hardcore forever.
Peter_Go_Zania Thanks alot, I want these things to have my children LOL!!! Ohh one question I forgot to ask about these is, does this model have the click at +/-0? Or is it like the 3d's with no click?

DJ Mouse if it dipped in the middle that would render the pitch reset useless,so i imagine it won't have one.

so when can i get my hands on one in britain and for how much?

--------------------------------------------------
"Did you know that eleven plus two is an anagram of twelve plus one?"

DJ Mouse
atomicb they look interesting.. but I've just baught 2X vestax PDX2000 and I stick by 'em.. but hey the industry standard going up to 16+ is good :)

milo is there somewhere we can order in the us or from japan? =)

"Everybody... rock, rock on.. "
saintberry
quote:
Originally posted by Peter_Go_Zania:
Thanks alot, I want these things to have my children LOL!!! Ohh one question I forgot to ask about these is, does this model have the click at +/-0? Or is it like the 3d's with no click?

you know you can get rid of that annoying little click on the 1200mksII by just removing the ball bearing from the pitch control...its a damn easy mod and well worthwhile.

you can even add a pitch reset button and corr your MK2s are now pretty much M3Ds :O

++, your MK2 and MD3 pitch control goes up to +-12% ;)
take your platter off and twist the little pitch pot control clockwise and wheeee.

CandyAss *looks at picture*

I think I'm in love

CandyAss
Drew
http://www.valence2000.com
http://www.hardcorps.org
saintberry nice carts silver...gawd damn nice

silver The carts are Stanton, I know some people at Stanton Japan, hehe... I do not know where to order the MK5's online, if there was a site it would be in Japanese I am sure.

There is no click on 0 pitch like the MK3's.

If you dont already have MK2's or MK3's it is not worth the upgrade, there is no real difference unless you really really want the pitch double switcher...

----------------------------------
you, me and hardcore forever.
Peter_Go_Zania
quote:
Originally posted by saintberry:
quote:
Originally posted by Peter_Go_Zania:
Thanks alot, I want these things to have my children LOL!!! Ohh one question I forgot to ask about these is, does this model have the click at +/-0? Or is it like the 3d's with no click?

you know you can get rid of that annoying little click on the 1200mksII by just removing the ball bearing from the pitch control...its a damn easy mod and well worthwhile.

you can even add a pitch reset button and corr your MK2s are now pretty much M3Ds :O

++, your MK2 and MD3 pitch control goes up to +-12% ;)
take your platter off and twist the little pitch pot control clockwise and wheeee.

I know how to pitch decks ;) Mine have been pitched for quite some time now, I am just looking to get away from voiding the warranty if anything happens to go wrong. I E the deck begins to flutter. I know how to do most mods on decks, just choose not to (except pitching) With the new ones you wont have to worry about any flutter when you are pitched up. If it does begin to go off wack, then you just take em back and get a brand spankin new deck. Thanks for tryin to help though :).

Milo, as of right now we cant get em in the US. They are only avail. in Japan at this time. I have a friend that knows the pannasonic/technics rep and he really has no info if they are gonna be released out here. Trust me though, if I could get my hands on em, I would allready have like 2-3 sets. (friends)

It took 0.91 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page