Total online 1642
 Radio listeners 151+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 Splitting mixes into tracks on the PC???? Help!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
JAM-HAY I'm recording mixes on to MD then ripping them on to the PC. Im left with a single track wav file which I convert to MP3.
I'm looking for an 'idiots guide' to splitting up the single track into many then burning them onto cd, so I can skip instead of search through mixes to get to different tracks.
I've seen a few posts on this already but none using the same software.
Can I do this using Creative Wave Studio, Easy cd creator 5?
If not has anyone got a good link? and some good instructions?

Any help would be great, cheers

Brian K the easiest and cheapest way to do it would be to convert it to a wav file and then use cd wave to chop up the tracks...then when you burn it do it as an all at once burn

"Cuz I'm hardcore, heavyweight, magical man."
strychnine The track-separator function on Acoustica MP3 is functional and really f***ing easy to use (one mouse click to create the separator and then you just drag it into place). It will also do it straight from MP3, so there's no need to convert to WAV first. Just make sure you save the tracks as WAV instead of MP3 - the in-built MP3 encoder moves the track break about 2 seconds forward and leaves a skip in the mix (no smooth playback).

Xenochrome I use a program called PYRO, it's made by Cakewalk. Very simply, you open the WAV or MP3 file and manually place track markers in the file. Then you just hit BURN. You can also save the whole thing as an audio project.

JAM-HAY Any good links to software downloads? It would be good to find a program that can split mp3 files, with smooth playback, and you can burn straight on to cd. Does this exist?

strychnine ^^ this Pyro app that djnateking mentioned looks like it could do it ... you can split tracks with Nero as well but it's a pretty cumbersome process.

I've always manually used soundforge to do my track splitting and I never really got it right, I think I'll go and get Pyro now :)

Xenochrome Pyro will do it. It's very simple to use, too. Even I can do it!

It took 0.56 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page