Radio listeners 169+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Who here has Best Of Bonkers?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
latininxtc So I've been on a bit of a shopping spree with all these amazon credits I'm getting, and have been ordering a few hardcore albums that I don't have, especially from the Bonkers series.

Just got Best Of Bonkers in the mail today, and noticed that the packaging is way different than all the ones I already have. It's like a box with the 3 CDs in individual inserts. Is this normal, or do I have a reprinted edition, or even a real edition?
Impulse_Response That's exactly like the one I have, and it surprised me when I received it. The images on discogs show the exact same type of packaging, so I imagine that's how they were all made.
carldj90 Yes, Best of Bonkers is made that way. I have it as well.

Anything with React on it is original, but if it says Central Station or MRA it will be different from my experience.

My Bonkers 6 & 7 are plastic cases by Central Station. When I got Bonkers 16 mine was Central Station which didn't have the sparkly cover.
Triquatra Yes, Best of bonkers is like that

The central station ones are Australian releases! :)
latininxtc ok cool. they obviously wanted to do something different for that one since it was a Best Of album.

Sucks that it doesn't even fit into my CD case lol I have to put it on top of it.
Captain Triceps They're a bloody pain, them things. I have a bunch of Trojan reggae sets that are in them boxes and they need to be stored separately. Well, it doesn't matter now as I use a large bookshelf but when I've had CD stands before them cardboard clamshell things are a nuisance. The Sound of Happycore series were like that as well!
I bought that Best of Bonkers from HMV when it came out, so I assumed that they were all like that. The Hixxy and Re-Con mix is brilliant.
Bee-Trax Do you have bonkers 7? I hear that's a good'n!
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Bee-Trax:
Do you have bonkers 7? I hear that's a good'n!

Not yet I'm waiting for the prices to drop on them at Amazon. All the albums from volume 1-7 average more than 10USD not including shipping. Really don't want to spend more than 10 overall for each of them. Manage to have gotten most of the ones now for less than 8USD.
skankineddie666 Not yet I'm waiting for the prices to drop on them at Amazon. All the albums from volume 1-7 average more than 10USD not including shipping. Really don't want to spend more than 10 overall for each of them. Manage to have gotten most of the ones now for less than 8USD.
[/quote]

Yah Amazon is awesome for shopping for hardcore albums. Last summer I was able to find BONKERS HARDCORE, HARDCORE NATION 2009, CLUBLAND XTREME 4 and a 6 disc Deca Dance hardcore comp. All for 0.01? each.
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by skankineddie666:
Not yet I'm waiting for the prices to drop on them at Amazon. All the albums from volume 1-7 average more than 10USD not including shipping. Really don't want to spend more than 10 overall for each of them. Manage to have gotten most of the ones now for less than 8USD.

Yah Amazon is awesome for shopping for hardcore albums. Last summer I was able to find BONKERS HARDCORE, HARDCORE NATION 2009, CLUBLAND XTREME 4 and a 6 disc Deca Dance hardcore comp. All for 0.01? each.
[/quote]

how did you get so lucky with a 0.01 clubland album? the prices for them are ridiculous right now
skankineddie666
[/quote]

how did you get so lucky with a 0.01 clubland album? the prices for them are ridiculous right now
[/quote]

I don't know if it matters but I use Amazon.co.uk and if you look for one of the sellers named "Zoverstocks" they have a wide selection of used Hardcore Albums. You kinda have to keep checking on a daily basis because the prizes fluctuate.

See what I mean ------ >

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bonkers-6-Various-Artists/dp/B000023XCX/ref=aag_m_pw_dp?ie=UTF8&m=AVXB5JQRCA15O
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by skankineddie666:

[/quote]

I don't know if it matters but I use Amazon.co.uk and if you look for one of the sellers named "Zoverstocks" they have a wide selection of used Hardcore Albums. You kinda have to keep checking on a daily basis because the prizes fluctuate.

See what I mean ------ >

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bonkers-6-Various-Artists/dp/B000023XCX/ref=aag_m_pw_dp?ie=UTF8&m=AVXB5JQRCA15O
[/quote]

Yea but how much is he charging for delivery to the US? and after converting that will it be cheaper than buying it from the US website?
He sells items on the US side as well, and some of them are that cheap, and adding 3.99USD for shipping it comes out to be $4. The thing that sucks with Amazon is there is no combined shipping. And damn had I known that I would have went ahead and bought most of these cds long ago when they were just a couple bucks from him.

I also remember I had a small issue with buying Olly's CD and mailing it to him in the UK. Even though the seller was in fact in the UK and I was shipping it to the UK, it charged me the price of international shipping. I got most of it credited back to my account, although I still lost like $2 in that transaction.
Triquatra Zoverstocks = Estocks = Replay = All subsidiaries of ....Music Magpie

Music magpie are a large company over here who buy up people's media (Cds, DVD, Blu-rays) for pennies and sell them on for profit

http://www.musicmagpie.co.uk/

they used to operate out of our channel islands, exploiting a tax-loop hole, but since the government unlooped the tax loophole they've had to move back to mainland UK and prices have risen slightly!

Just a random factoid thingy
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:

they used to operate out of our channel islands, exploiting a tax-loop hole, but since the government unlooped the tax loophole they've had to move back to mainland UK and prices have risen slightly!

Play.com suffered from this as well, it used to be unbelievably cheap years ago, I barely even bother visiting the site anymore.
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
Zoverstocks = Estocks = Replay = All subsidiaries of ....Music Magpie

Music magpie are a large company over here who buy up people's media (Cds, DVD, Blu-rays) for pennies and sell them on for profit

http://www.musicmagpie.co.uk/

Interesting. We have sites like that here in the US, EZMediaTrade, AbundaTrade and Wherehouse that buy our crap. I wonder who they resell them under.
Craigavon raver When I first opened this topic I thought you were asking "who is best of bonkers" lol because i'm near sure there used to be a guy on here a few years ago with that user name, who used to post quite regularly but hasn't been around in a few years, thought you were asking about him

And yes the original best of bonkers case is ;like you said
wong got rid of all my bonkers cds a couple of years ago . kinda regretting it
GrahamC I just finished loading them all into iTunes! Even with 4 drives in the PC took a while but now they are all tucked away in the attic.

Mansy
quote:
Originally posted by wong:
got rid of all my bonkers cds a couple of years ago . kinda regretting it

Oh my god! ive thought about getting rid of my entire collection but ive shaken that thought off, id be gutted without them.

It took 1.23 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page