Radio listeners 182+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 Recomended Mixers

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Raver_Davie Hey folks, I've got a Behringer VMX 100 mixer and, after finally getting the hang of beat matching, fancy a mixer upgrade. What would you lot out there recommend? Working with a budget of £250 at most.

Dave!
Kaffine This topic comes up every two weeks or so. Look around in the forum and I believe you'll find your answer...

godisadj Pioneer DJM 300 2 channel pro mixer £229 or
Vestax PCV 175 3 channels £245

I've got the vmx100 i don't think the beat counter helps you to mix, just creates more distraction

"WE'VE ALL GOT A MISSION, WE GET INTO DIFFERENT RUTS, SOME ARE THE COGS ON THE WHEELS, OTHERS ARE PLAIN NUTS!"
Raver_Davie that's true about the beat counter, according to mine there's no such speed above 160 bpm - it usually gows blank or drops the first figure if it does.

Dave!
DJ Mouse beat counters,bpm calculators etc, they don't work. i got them on my mixer but i've never used them,never needed to

--------------------------------------------------
"Did you know that eleven plus two is an anagram of twelve plus one?"

DJ Mouse
Weasel Gemini PS-676i

New version of the famous PS-676
Features -
• 3 channels plus Mic
• 3 band EQ and gains per channel
• Crossfader reverse
• Crossfade curve adjust
• Assignable 12 second sampler with single and loop play
• Robo play cuts off the music whilst sample plays
• Switchable display
• New Silver plated top plate
• New EZ Glide crossfader

Sale price £175 @ www.sapphires.co.uk

MMmm, Good Stuff

I don’t mean to be rude, it just come naturally
Atlas YO DAVE!

do you know where to get replacement faders for Behringers? Ive looked all over and had no luck.

"Ravers don't fall, they trip and roll."
Weasel try www.htfr.co.uk

I don’t mean to be rude, it just come naturally
Oli G Get an elcer mixer
they are the nuts :D

CAM001 Out MARCH2003
Distribution Through Nu Energy & Imo
www.camelrecords.co.uk

\o/ <o/ \o> <o> /o\ _o/ \o_
Raver_Davie Hey Atlas, the place where I got my mixer from sells them, that's http://www.htfr.com I went to the shop to get my decks and I saw them in the cabinet!

Dave!
Raver_Davie Ah crap just noticed you're in the states and I'm in lil ol' UK. I found the behringer official site but most of it is in german

http://www.behringer.com/index.cfm?lang=ger

I see what you mean though, they are hard to get hold of, it could be a way to make money, for the company it's better for you to buy a whole new mixer than just a crossfader!

I suppose you could email them and hope they understand english!

Dave!
DJ Affliction The mixer I/The world famous DJ SY has been known to use is the Vestax PMC06 Pro A 2 channel mixer

It's Amazin for scratchin 'n' a would definately reccomend it if you want an upgrade

Hardcore u know the score!!!!!!!!!1

DJ Affliction
Atlas RAVER DAVE:

Yea i emailed the behringer site but they didnt email me back......damn germans.... anyway, ill check out that uk site you recommended. Hopefully i wont have to buy a new mixer, and if i do, you can be damn sure it won't be a behringer.......im on to their german ways...

"Ravers don't fall, they trip and roll."
Pace DJ AFFLICTION has a good point. I have a stanton mixer and am goin vestax when I get round to it. The mixer is so narrow its untrue - Look into it on www.vestax.com

-I love my decks, just looking at them at night before I go to bed and getting up in the morning with my hair in a mess just stood there in my boxers mixing thinking im the bomb-
Pace Here - This is a better link

http://www.vestax.com/products/pmc06proa.htm

-I love my decks, just looking at them at night before I go to bed and getting up in the morning with my hair in a mess just stood there in my boxers mixing thinking im the bomb-
Raver_Davie Hey Atlas, how did you get on with Htfr after?

I took a look at the Vestax site and fell in love with the PCV-150! The colour reminds me of my car...

Dave!
DJ Affliction Yet again Affliction helps people out who are in need

(I feel self satisfied right now *Jokin*)

Hope vestax do the trick for ya

Hardcore u know the score!!!!

DJ Affliction
Raver_Davie Hope so to, should be with me by tomorrow

Cheers guys!

Dave!
DJ Affliction Well if it does 4u wot itz done 4me you'll well be impressed

Hardcore u know the score!!!!!!!

DJ Affliction
Exhile It depends on what kind of mixer you want.

If its just for hardcore or you want to do some scrathing go for the pmc05 or pmc 06 from vestax. Theire excactly the same but the 05 has a mic. If you want something more for mixing get the pcv 175 which is pretty good too for round that price. You cant beat a vestax mixer. Though eccler are pretty good. Good new faders.

I use a pmc 05 pro2

Peace, love and unity

Dj Francus
Exhile And if youre planning on doing any scratching dont get a gemini mixer. The faders wont last a month

Peace, love and unity

Dj Francus
Tricky AB I would love to get a vestax mixer but I've got to upgrade my tables first...and that won't be for a while...need money for school...

Exhile Yeah i know what you mean. Im still stuck with some gemini tables and i really want to get some new ones.

Peace, love and unity

Dj Francus
Raver_Davie
quote:
Originally posted by Tricky AB:
I would love to get a vestax mixer but I've got to upgrade my tables first...and that won't be for a while...need money for school...

What turntables do you have at the mo? Mine are bottom range direct drive (Gemini SA600II) but I'd love a pair of Vestax pdx 2000.

Dave!
DJ Mouse ^^ i wouldn't bother,wait a few months and get a pair of 1210's mk5g

quote:
Originally posted by FrankHoekzema:
And if youre planning on doing any scratching dont get a gemini mixer. The faders wont last a month

i just about scraped a year of life with my crossfader and the mixer's by gemini

--------------------------------------------------
"Did you know that eleven plus two is an anagram of twelve plus one?"

DJ Mouse
Exhile tHATS A LOT MORE THAN I GOT OUT OF MY FADERS

Peace, love and unity

Dj Francus
CandyAss
quote:
Originally posted by Raver_Davie:
Hey Atlas, how did you get on with Htfr after?

I took a look at the Vestax site and fell in love with the PCV-150! The colour reminds me of my car...

Dave!

That's what mixer I have. I have no real complaints about it. Your car must be a cool colour.

CandyAss
Drew
http://www.valence2000.com
http://www.hardcorps.org
Raver_Davie
quote:
Originally posted by CandyAss:
Your car must be a cool colour.

lol thanks, it is pretty. I don't know if you folks in the states have Citreon Saxo's, they may be a bit small for your roads (since you have 5.0 litre Mustangs and 8.0 litre Vipers!)

Dave!

It took 1.81 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page