Radio listeners 179+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 vestax's latest attempt at beating technics

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
DJ Mouse --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vestax pdx 2300's now with added led and pitch bend

--------------------------------------------------
"speeed ios a good subvstitute for accueracy"

DJ Mouse
Exhile A quality turntable but with the excact same engine as in the 2000s and probably not worth the extra cash. And dont think theill ever be as solid as techniks

Peace, love and unity

Dj Frankus
DJ Mouse more to go wrong on them innit
until vestax can prove they'll last as long as technics i won't think about buying them

DJ Mouse
Broken Still looks like a toy.

DJ Mouse
Tricky AB The platter is still to high...

Oli G
C
D

IS

THE

FUTURE

/me runs off very fast

*disclaimer i am not trying to start a cd vinyl argument im just being a dick heheh*

CAM001 Out MARCH2003
Distribution Through Nu Energy & Imo
www.camelrecords.co.uk

\o/ <o/ \o> <o> /o\ _o/ \o_
Xenochrome I have to agree with the Mouse. Until Vestax has withstood the test of time, I'll stick with my 1210's.

Exhile I treckons the platter is a bit high and a bit small on these vestax too. record falls over the edge a fraction. just noy used to that

Peace, love and unity

Dj Frankus
Broken My Technics:

1. have never failed me
2. don't chew the shit out of my vinyl
3. are not made of plastic
4. have me sexually infatuated... shit.. um.. was that out loud? ... uhhhh... nevermind that one...
5. can hold a pitch because they don't have a ridiculously excessive range that I will never, ever need

The ONLY thing I would really like to see changed on Techs is the fact that there is no reverse.

p.s. Oli, you're lucky you put up that disclaimer, cuz I've had a shite day and I was inches away from reprimanding you and making myself look like an idiot. lol .... ok, so, I'm lucky LOL

Dave Murray Looks wicked but prefer ma 1210's!

*They know wat is wat, but they dont know wat is wat, they just strut, WAT THE *****

You want the truth YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH!
domainraver I am probably going to buy vestax decks. the pitch control on tech 12's is stupid. especially for spinning hardcore and breaks, and for any dj's that want to mix a bit differently.

vestax or no dexx!

Kaffine
quote:
the pitch control on tech 12's is stupid. especially for spinning hardcore and breaks, and for any dj's that want to mix a bit differently.

Funny, they've been using it for quite some time... although the +/-8 is a slight limitation, if you're creative enough you'll get around it.

quote:

vestax or no dexx!

Go back to school.

Even so, I do have to say that the PDX series ARE a lot more stable than they seem when you're actually using them, and, for the most part, are pretty solid - the only strange thing is they feel like they're made of clay. And of course, NO DOTS. And what's a turntable without dots? :/

atomicb hehe, all valid points.

Basically, half of my decison to get them was to buck the trend, coz I dunno something kinda boring about technics.

yes the work, yes they are industry standard, not doubting them, but just wanted a change :D

Weasel Rumors are that... Vestax are going to let PDX2000 owners trade there decks in plus a little bit of cash for these newers ones... but i can see that happening :|

Besides its all about the Techies :D

I don’t mean to be rude, it just come naturally
Exhile cool

Peace, love and unity

Dj Frankus
atomicb I dunno about that, but apparntly they are gonna offer a upgrade kit . . . I'm interested it just depends on price :)

Raver_Davie
quote:
Originally posted by Domainraver:
I am probably going to buy vestax decks. the pitch control on tech 12's is stupid. especially for spinning hardcore and breaks, and for any dj's that want to mix a bit differently.

vestax or no dexx!

Same here, I love speeding up hard house and mixing it with hardcore but when you have a hard house vinyl that plays at 45rpm then it's a little tricky on ordinary decks, unless of course you slow the hardcore right down which sounds cack.

I can see why people stick to their technics though, because of their reputation over the decades and they do feel 'solid' when using them but Vestax were designed for DJing a few years ago, where as technics were designed to sit on top of a hi-fi back in the 70's.

Dave!
Tricky AB I'm not taking anything away from the vestax...those tables are sweet...but if it came down to it I would buy 1210s...

and um...where ever I go, the vestax tables are priced more then 1200s... ( my friend just bought a pair)

Midway_raver When i have the money technics are the only decks i'll be considering:)

I don't know why but i've always aimed to get them, the reputation also is a big part...with techies wygiwys. No hidden faults etc

In complete darkness we are all the same, it is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperates us.

It took 1.52 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page