Radio listeners 150+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 Nexus 2 worth getting?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
youngson Does anyone still use this? I've been thinking of getting it.. It's a bit pricey though.

I do have serum, which is fantastic. Always looking to add though.

What other VST's is good at the moment? I only really play about with Serum and Massive tbh.
Guest no, its rubbish, it will sound like trash as it uses aload of samples as 32bit sound cards are comming

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=32+bit+sound+card&tbm=shop

so you want tone 2 gladiator which sounds better to begin with and is only ?99 and will last for another 20 years
DjZelous I have nexus and i will say that some of the pianos on there are GREEEAAAAT! And some pads on there are amazing too. honestly i use about 40 to 30% of the presets, its an ok buy. try to find a demo copy
DJ_FunDaBounce If you have an e-licenser dongle, like for cubase, there is a trial version.
youngson Thanks, I didn't know that, I have e-licenser for vengeance sidechain
Anon. Nexus2 is a great plugin if used properly. Although some of the sound presets are pish.

Here's a good example, in the arpeggios bank there are 2 presets called Viral Infection 1 & 2, turn off the arp mode for them and fidget around with them a little, gives you a nice sound like the original virus synth.

It's also good for layering with z3ta and sylenth.
youngson Turns out there is no demo any more. Might just bite the bullet and buy it.
Guest you'll be wasting your money

if you want a sampler get machfive or kontakt, not a half assed vst of nexus

machfive is the bomb, and can read kontakt sample intruments
Guest heres gladiator at its best

Guest if you want to do all this EDM bollox, of all 20 presets in every video, just put the modulator wheel on octave in gladiator

in the bottom right

record a live bar and mess with keyboard controls

Jonny Rich the sounds on nexus 2 have been pure raped id say go for gladiator
danielseven Comparing Nexus 2 with Gladiator is like comparing apples and oranges.

Nexus 2 is a ROM sampler, and Gladiator 2 is a wavetable synthesizer.

Nexus 2 can be limited with sound design (you can't design sounds nor use your own samples on it) even through some of the sounds are actually designed pretty well (I like the pianos, the pads and some backing sounds).

I can't say, however, that all the sounds are quality - there are some sounds that are best played with a synthesizer - as you can tweak the sounds as you like.

With a ROMpler, you can't design a nasty reece bassline, or set the right amount of detune on a supersaw riff sound. Something that you can do with a virtual analog, or wavetable synth, like Gladiator 2 or DUNE 2.
Guest that is where cyclops comes in

you get tools for the job like hardware synth, for ?200 you can have everything with hardware sounding quality

which also saves a serious amount of CPU nothing having to have 12 nexus's open in your DAW
Elliott I use pretty much nothing but Nexus and Sylenth for everything (and sometimes V-Station for bass). Sylenth is the only synth I know well enough to use for proper sound design but it's a beast so who cares.

Maybe you need more to produce modern-sounding hardcore but to produce '00s stuff, all you need is Nexus and Sylenth. At one point, probably more than 50% of hardcore was made using at least one Nexus preset.
Doc Mcfly I got it just for the "German trumpet 3" preset

It took 1 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page