Radio listeners 172+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 The "new tracks that sound like 00s tracks" thread

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Elliott In an effort to control my own cancer and the various other people who feel the same way I do about modern hardcore vs '00s hardcore, I've decided to create this quarantine thread.

In here, we post new hardcore with lots of supersaws and shit like that. Anything that sounds like it could plausibly have been made in the '00s.

In this thread, it's okay to treat it as axiomatic that the '00s were the best decade for hardcore, '00s hardcore was real hardcore and supersaw leads are objectively better than the whiny EDM shit we have today.

If you disagree with me about '00s hardcore then get the **** out of my positivity thread and start your own.
Elliott I'll get this shit started with an absolute screamer that reminds me of those 2009 triplet tracks that everyone got sick of but with hindsight were actually pretty good.

Eufeion - Sakura

Boom!
Elliott Technikore banger that sounds exactly like his stuff in 2008/2009. The most modern thing about this track is the tape stop on the lead. I think Technikore is going to throw out a couple of these old-sounding tracks a year because he still enjoys doing them.

Technikore - Tortuga 2016
Elliott I don't know what Dowster & Vagabond are up to atm. This is one of the last tracks I heard from them I think and that was about a year ago. Big still though.

Elliott One of the biggest tunes of the last 2 years imo (not a huge accolade or anything..). I heard it out of nowhere one day and my 2008 hardcore face immediately returned.

Shimamura & Al Storm & Maybe some other people I can't remember - Teenage Kiss:
Elliott Some mid-'00s sounding stuff from an unknown producer.

NDEX - Utter Cosmos

Elliott Brand new track that, again, reminds me of mid '00s hardcore.

Elliott Big drop!

Elliott Dys7 hasn't released much this year but I love this one. Also I like the fact that the last track on his Soundcloud "Liked" list is one of mine. :)

Elliott On that note, here is the aforementioned track, Allie. It's still (somewhat) unmixed, unmastered and should be considered unfinished though.

Elliott I might as well also post the other track I've decided so far to use on my EP. Also unmastered but pretty much mixed properly.

Elliott Lacks some kick-you-in-the-face impact but the lead is very catchy. :)

Elliott It's a remix of Shooting Star in 2016 and it doesn't suck. That's an achievement on its own.

Elliott BIG

Elipton
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
Dys7 hasn't released much this year but I love this one. Also I like the fact that the last track on

Apart from a mini-album..?
Elliott
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
quote:
Dys7 hasn't released much this year but I love this one. Also I like the fact that the last track on

Apart from a mini-album..?

Not even out yet, is it?
Elliott Not supesaw-driven but this little gem is hard.

Elliott Damn. This a belter. What is a guy like this doing signed to Klubbed Up?

Samination I completly lost the appeal for VAGABOND after he left Next Gen. I only bought one track and that was Going Hardcore from 2011
Elliott
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
I completly lost the appeal for VAGABOND after he left Next Gen. I only bought one track and that was Going Hardcore from 2011

When I first heard the Dowster & Vagabond tracks, I couldn't believe it was the same Vagabond who used to be on BB/NG. For a long time, I actually thought they were different people.

He certainly did change a lot.
trippnface
quote:
quote:
I completly lost the appeal for VAGABOND after he left Next Gen. I only bought one track and that was Going Hardcore from 2011

When I first heard the Dowster & Vagabond tracks, I couldn't believe it was the same Vagabond who used to be on BB/NG. For a long time, I actually thought they were different people.

He certainly did change a lot.

you guys don't dig this?

https://www.trackitdown.net/track/dowster-and-vagabond/you-and-me/hardcore/9757201.html
_Jay_
quote:
Big drop!

quote:
Brand new track that, again, reminds me of mid '00s hardcore.

I came in this thread to post these very two tracks. Love both of them. Only discovered them today.

quote:
I don't know what Dowster & Vagabond are up to atm. This is one of the last tracks I heard from them I think and that was about a year ago. Big still though.

This is nice.

quote:
Some mid-'00s sounding stuff from an unknown producer.

NDEX - Utter Cosmos

That is fcuking lovely.

Elliott @Trippn: Yeah, I was feeling a fair amount of what Dowster & Vagabond were putting out but I still don't know what happened to them!

@Jay: Good shout, mate. Let me know if you find any more stuff! Hopefully there's loads of stuff waiting to be found out there but I'm not optimistic. The fact that we both came here to rave about the same 2 tracks is never a good sign. Although we do seem to have a similar taste in hardcore. :)

I was going over what was released in 2010. 2010 was, by most people's standards, an entirely unremarkable year for hardcore but maybe we should've appreciated it more at the time. I was playing some random tracks from that year and Another Smile by Squad-E and Breeze came on. Neither of them has ever been regarded as being at the pinnacle of hardcore production but, with hindsight, the track's an absolute screamer. At the time, it was just another average hardcore track. You don't really know what you've got till it's gone. :(

If I could go back to 2009, I would never stop listening to a playlist of Twista, FW, Junkbox, Notorious Vinyl, UK Dance 2, Raver Baby and more obscure labels. I just wouldn't sleep. I'd soak up the majesty of every single track, knowing that we wouldn't be getting so much high quality hardcore at such a fast pace ever again. Almost every track from those years now sounds amazing to me.

Cheesy remix of Never Leave You? I'll ****ing have that! We Dance On? Damn ****ing right. Sharkey selling out with a remix of Scooter? Why the **** not! Sugababes remix? Well, that one's still shit. But my point is that albums like HTID 3 sound incredible to me now. Phantom 7 is a ****ing masterpiece. There, I said it. Everyone whined about that shit at the time but nobody's laughing anymore.

JUMPING ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Elliott ****, I need to stop posting WIP clips of my tracks when I'm high and everything sounds amazing.
ins0 Haha, just what I needed!
I really enjoyed this thread, I'm too lazy nowadays to go and catch these gems myself.

I'm srsly addicted to 00s stuff, especially the amateurish shit what came out on digital labels on imodownload, everything that shanty had touch back then (tons of vinyls from EE), and my favourite: The Acolyte. Not orbit1, that phase of his was still good, but nothing can beat The Acolyte for me.

Back in 2012/2013 I tried to recreate them 00s sounds, sadly I'm amateur as ****, but I cheated and got some help from my friend Pulse.
This is what happened:

Elliott
quote:
Originally posted by ins0:

Welcome to the forum mate. :)

People signing up to post in this thread kinda makes my point for me!

Decent tracks btw. If you're still producing, hit me up.
_Jay_

This doesn't fit perfectly inside the category of this thread, but it's from 2005 and it's absolutely delightful. I bought it a year or so ago and pretty much forgot about it until I stuck it on this morning on the way to work. Huge track.

Joey Riot - Break Down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUbN6w6xFJs

Samination
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:

This doesn't fit perfectly inside the category of this thread, but it's from 2005 and it's absolutely delightful. I bought it a year or so ago and pretty much forgot about it until I stuck it on this morning on the way to work. Huge track.

Joey Riot - Break Down

I can't listen atm so, is that the track with the vocals that keeps going "break down"? Unless he changed the name if it, my version is called Breakborn
Haha, don't mind me. I think I misstakenly renamed it Breakborn because of the other side which was "Born Hardcore", unless it was wrong already on the NEC mp3 store back in 2005.
_Jay_
quote:
quote:

Joey Riot - Break Down

I can't listen atm so, is that the track with the vocals that keeps going "break down"? Unless he changed the name if it, my version is called Breakborn
Haha, don't mind me. I think I misstakenly renamed it Breakborn because of the other side which was "Born Hardcore", unless it was wrong already on the NEC mp3 store back in 2005.

Ha ha. Yeah, that's the B side.

Elliott
quote:

Joey Riot - Break Down

It's all good mate. I derail veryone else's threads so I can't complain!

Quality track.
_Jay_

I know it's not new, but I was listening to this this morning. Outstanding. No surprise, given it was the combination that gave us the epic Sometimes

Breeze vs Unique - Reach Out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEGcaxZu-qU

quote:
It's all good mate. I derail veryone else's threads so I can't complain!

Quality track.

Glad you liked that one!
_Jay_

Also, this is getting on for 18 months old now so not quite brand new, but fcuk me is it good - and I think it'll be right up your street. It's not necessarily the first listen that hooks you in either. But I gradually became totally obsessed with it for a period of about three months. Can't believe it's only had 521 views since I uploaded it in July last year.

Al Storm & Euphony - Taste The Silence (Raver Baby Revival Remix)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA8X3irhbFc

Sulphurik This might just fit into this topic! Massive remix from Future Hero!

https://soundcloud.com/future-hero/smoke-filled-room-remix
Elliott
quote:
Originally posted by Sulphurik:
This might just fit into this topic! Massive remix from Future Hero!

Supersaw + top layer lead = passes the acid test for me!

We need more "throwback" remixes!
Hard2Get
quote:

Also, this is getting on for 18 months old now so not quite brand new, but fcuk me is it good - and I think it'll be right up your street. It's not necessarily the first listen that hooks you in either. But I gradually became totally obsessed with it for a period of about three months. Can't believe it's only had 521 views since I uploaded it in July last year.

Al Storm & Euphony - Taste The Silence (Raver Baby Revival Remix)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA8X3irhbFc

The description amused me. 'Sumptuous'.

quote:
This might just fit into this topic! Massive remix from Future Hero!

Love the piano!
Claxton Erm... this!

_Jay_

Yes, that is very tasty, Ben! Like that.
_Jay_

A.B's remix of Yeah Oh Yeah is quality.

https://soundcloud.com/evolutionrecords/ev160-scott-brown-yeah-oh-yeah-ab-remix

Samination really? I thought it ruined it completly? Those stops are irritating as **** to listen to (or was that some kind of piracy measure like they usually use on Makina tracks?!?!?). And the Yeah oh Yeah vocal bit is to damp/quiet.
Smoogie The 2000s was the best decade for Hardcore?

What is actually the different between Hardcore made today than 10 years ago?
Bennie_D83

There is this i did a while back....
i tend to make anything thats 90's to 00's influenced :)
Sulphurik That's a great remix! Loved the original from 1997, you have did a great job with this. Liked what you did to the riff starting around 2m 20s.
Samination is that sum club bizarre i hear?
Bennie_D83
quote:
Originally posted by Sulphurik:
That's a great remix! Loved the original from 1997, you have did a great job with this. Liked what you did to the riff starting around 2m 20s.

Glad you like it mate :)

Yeah, sort of went for the original layout with the piano and sort of updated the riff part. Always wanted to remix it since i first heard it on the early series of Hardcore Heaven vol 2 back in the day :)
Bennie_D83
quote:
is that sum club bizarre i hear?

The vocals are from this...
Carlton - Do You Dream
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogGR1XUeog0 :)
Captain Triceps
quote:
is that sum club bizarre i hear?

Weird, I've not listened to that tune in years but for no reason I started humming it to myself on the way home from work tonight...
Samination I prefer the Club Bizarre version
strychnine Well if I wasn't feeling old already, that thread title would've done it.
Elliott

This is very nice. Recent TMM release.

On a side-note, I've given up producing.

It took 2.3 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page