Total online 2037
 Radio listeners 165+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Who is the baddest crew in uk hardcore right now?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
skarr We all know that hardcore is the new grime, what with non stop mcing at every rave and mc storm dropping his new mixtape, but who is the baddest crew on the scene right about now ?....is it 'The order', 'Prime time playaz', or 'The rouge squad ', ? . I'd have to say it's the rogue squad because their name just makes them sound so hard and keyes is in it. It's all about having a crew name that sounds like a WWE tag team at the minute, big look !
Smoogie Since when did Hardcore become Grime?

Will this new 'Grimecore' come with new music videos showing the tower blocks of South London in black and white with kids MCing about 'life on da endz' and how they 'know someone who knows someone who go shot' while doing V signs at the camera?

That aint Hardcore, that's just ********!
ViolonC Who?
djDMS Stop being a dick.
skarr Yea stop being a dick, how can you not know who the rogue squad are?
Samination Sorry, I had raging hardon... What where we talking about again?
ViolonC I'm kinda lost if i should know them or not. Google certainly doesn't so i'm inclined to go with that. Maybe you can introduce them.
CDJay I should probably worry that I have no idea what you're on about.

CDJay
djDMS
quote:
Originally posted by ViolonC:
I'm kinda lost if i should know them or not. Google certainly doesn't so i'm inclined to go with that. Maybe you can introduce them.

He's just referring to DJ/MC combinations.

The supposed 'Rogue squad' is meant to be Fracus, Darwin & MC Keyes.

The Order is Prospect, Obie and some others I can't think of.

All the talk about 'who is the baddest' etc is just his usual trolling.
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
quote:
Originally posted by ViolonC:
I'm kinda lost if i should know them or not. Google certainly doesn't so i'm inclined to go with that. Maybe you can introduce them.

He's just referring to DJ/MC combinations.

The supposed 'Rogue squad' is meant to be Fracus, Darwin & MC Keyes.

The Order is Prospect, Obie and some others I can't think of.

All the talk about 'who is the baddest' etc is just his usual trolling.

Damn what a tough choice! Do I choose the group that has a duo that I've loved for years but works with an MC that I absolutely loathe and makes my skin crawl, or do I choose the one with the MC I like as a producer, performer and person but with a DJ I barely follow? Either way...
The drunken scotsman Storm, Keyes and Styles should seriously consider calling themselves 'the governing forces'. They'd be the baddest.
Mickey Init It would be a different story entirely if VG and MC Massive were still around.
arpz I don't see what the point of giving these acts names and then acting like what they're going to do is more than a standard DJ set. I can only assume that someone actually has noticed some difference in numbers to make this marketing trick worthwhile?

I honestly can't imagine anyone I've ever met at a rave being like 'Oh shit, I specifically need to get down to that rave because The Order are there and they said they are taking no prisoners (They're a splinter group!)' but I guess if it's doing the business then fair enough lol
skarr I'm just messing about, I just found it hilarious when the westfest flyer came out and people were calling themselves things like 'prime time players' and 'the rogue squad ', especially when people were talking about hardcore being taken more seriously, who on earth is going to take a genre seriously when you have ridiculous names like that on a flyer, it's not 2001 UK garage.
Smoogie
quote:
Originally posted by skarr:
I'm just messing about, I just found it hilarious when the westfest flyer came out and people were calling themselves things like 'prime time players' and 'the rogue squad ', especially when people were talking about hardcore being taken more seriously, who on earth is going to take a genre seriously when you have ridiculous names like that on a flyer, it's not 2001 UK garage.

People stopped taking Hardcore seriously in 2005 with the release of Clubland Extreme Hardcore with remixes of old 'club classics' by Hixxy, Styles and Breeze.

It really went down hill when every other kid was bashing on about how great Hixxy is a DJ and how they own all of his tunes on their Ipads.

DJ's Hixxy's tune Shooting Star is meant to be really good, even though I can't find it anywhere. Someone once recommended the DJ Rankin Remix though
Samination You what mate? I'm pretty sure people have never taken Happy hardcore serious, because of tracks like "I wanna be a Hippy" :P
robertybob
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
You what mate? I'm pretty sure people have never taken Happy hardcore serious, because of tracks like "I wanna be a Hippy" :P

Or perhaps after Scooter's 'Our Happy Hardcore' album?
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by robertybob:
quote:
You what mate? I'm pretty sure people have never taken Happy hardcore serious, because of tracks like "I wanna be a Hippy" :P

Or perhaps after Scooter's 'Our Happy Hardcore' album?

to be honest, other han Baxxter, that was still more serious than the Dutch and English scene. Has any Dutch ir English Happy Hardcore ever had the same success as that album? :P
Elliott wagwan fi all this moist "hardcore" tiff. on the road, mans getting gassed to stormzy and scrufizzer. pumping it fi the whip. bun this dead hardcore shit still. ain't no yute dem inna ends playing this. next man wanfi turn out at mans drum getting on a hype ting over hardcore is getting boyed fi a cosigned badman, you get me fam?
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
wagwan fi all this moist "hardcore" tiff. on the road, mans getting gassed to stormzy and scrufizzer. pumping it fi the whip. bun this dead hardcore shit still. ain't no yute dem inna ends playing this. next man wanfi turn out at mans drum getting on a hype ting over hardcore is getting boyed fi a cosigned badman, you get me fam?

who are you, and what have you done to my elliot?
Guest i run the whole scene and everything i say goes
DJ D-Luc-D
quote:
wagwan fi all this moist "hardcore" tiff. on the road, mans getting gassed to stormzy and scrufizzer. pumping it fi the whip. bun this dead hardcore shit still. ain't no yute dem inna ends playing this. next man wanfi turn out at mans drum getting on a hype ting over hardcore is getting boyed fi a cosigned badman, you get me fam?

Lol oh no, you've caught Roadman Syndrome? D:
Elliott
quote:
quote:

who are you, and what have you done to my elliot?

On the road, they just call me C. I told them my name was Caleb so I wouldn't get shanked.

Happy new year btw bud :)
Elliott
quote:
Originally posted by DJ D-Luc-D:
quote:

Lol oh no, you've caught Roadman Syndrome? D:

Haha. More like I've been unfortunate enough to spend large amounts of time with people who speak like that! One of them calls me the "straight A roadman" (I think it was complimentary but sometimes it's hard to tell :P). I'm way too lower middle class to get away with that shit personally though.

Happy new year mate! I haven't been on the internet much or producing at all for a couple of months because of some major family shit but I'll hit you up on skype. I'll see what your current enthusiasm levels for hardcore are like.
Smoogie
quote:

Innit doe, man is ten to Hard House coz it bare underground ting innit, fam. Shut up with dat Raverbaby thing, Puss 'ole, man wants to here real music, you get me? Hard House is bare pen, fam. You get me?

Why is man getting rude for? Does big man think he is gangsta listening to dat Raverbaby shit?
Guest bitches aint gangsta until your this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZVkzoRJ5sE&feature=youtu.be&t=39m27s
Guest init, or this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zIc8nGcmg4&feature=youtu.be&t=32m10s

It took 1.64 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page