Total online 1639
 Radio listeners 183+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - track ID request
 Unreleased Darren Styles song? Where is this from?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Sydney91 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H02OH1nOhFk

This came up as a recommended video on YouTube yesterday

I googled the lyrics and found this site... Someone else was looking for this song too
Skidzorz Darren Styles - Screwface

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQAyOvSb9ZU

Not unreleased, actually one of the biggest tracks of the year :). No idea what that vocal is (its not part of the track), or where the VOX came from.
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Skidzorz:
Darren Styles - Screwface

Not unreleased, actually one of the biggest tracks of the year :). No idea what that vocal is (its not part of the track), or where the VOX came from.

I hope by year you mean 2012 and not this year.
MC Deecee It's called quiver, and from what someone told me, can't remember who now, whoever did the female vocals won't release the copyright and as such DS isn't allowed to release it, it has been played out at least once through as this clip is from a CD pack, Harry shotta on the mic too, which is quality.

https://soundcloud.com/kallum-pickard/darren-styles-quiver
Samination heh, who the f* did he work with to get that crappy deal. Can't he just have it resung by Jo James instead? :P
Skidzorz
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
Darren Styles - Screwface

I hope by year you mean 2012 and not this year.

Chea; meant release year .. shit's old as **** lol.

Always really loved the Gavin G rmx.

quote:
Originally posted by MC Deecee:
It's called quiver, and from what someone told me, can't remember who now, whoever did the female vocals won't release the copyright and as such DS isn't allowed to release it, it has been played out at least once through as this clip is from a CD pack, Harry shotta on the mic too, which is quality.

https://soundcloud.com/kallum-pickard/darren-styles-quiver

Um, no? That's literally just him playing a vocal sample he has over the Screwface track. I can't imagine he'd rename the entire thing after making NO changes besides the added vocal. It would be Screwface (vocal rmx) or (Quiver rmx) or something.

If I'm wrong then by all means, but I think your friend is taking the piss.
MC Deecee Not sure then, maybe he's done what gammer did with that find yourself paranoia mash up thing then as it's on that YouTube link in the OP, and also exactly the same on that live clip I shared, and now I think about it, I think that was also the track that was playing on that video when that absolute ninny took the decks off the stage when breeze was playing a few months ago.
The drunken scotsman Poor vocal mashed up with an average at best Darren Styles tune, thumbs down from me.

Does Klubfiller still do a ridiculous amount of shite mashups?
Skidzorz
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
Poor vocal mashed up with an average at best Darren Styles tune, thumbs down from me.

Is that a common opinion? Everytime I've seen it played out here people go nuts for it.
The drunken scotsman
quote:
quote:
Poor vocal mashed up with an average at best Darren Styles tune, thumbs down from me.

Is that a common opinion? Everytime I've seen it played out here people go nuts for it.

No idea if it's a common opinion, the last rave I went to was well over a year ago so I've never heard this out. People used to go nuts for Screwface when it first came out and I never understood it. The addition of that vocal does nothing to change my opinion, if anything it makes it sound even more boring to me.
Skidzorz
quote:
quote:
quote:

No idea if it's a common opinion, the last rave I went to was well over a year ago so I've never heard this out. People used to go nuts for Screwface when it first came out and I never understood it. The addition of that vocal does nothing to change my opinion, if anything it makes it sound even more boring to me.

fair enough, to each their own ?\_(ツ)_/?. i always liked the tune, for what it was. the strings that kick off the breakdown are instantly recognizable and the main riff is hella catchy and fun to vocalize along to. was never the height of experimentation or originality, but it does what it sets out to do which is tear crowds up. styles has had a lot of tracks like that as of late that seem like they were solely made to be played out .. I first heard It's Like That live and it goes off when played out at a venue.

Gazza1712 I think this may be one of the tracks he is giving away after Christmas, on twitter a couple of days ago he posted a link to the atmosfears remix of come running so I replied saying how come they can remix and release it and your update from a couple of years ago still hasn't been released and he replied saying he is giving it away after Christmas along with a bunch of other updates
The drunken scotsman
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

fair enough, to each their own ?\_(ツ)_/?. i always liked the tune, for what it was. the strings that kick off the breakdown are instantly recognizable and the main riff is hella catchy and fun to vocalize along to. was never the height of experimentation or originality, but it does what it sets out to do which is tear crowds up. styles has had a lot of tracks like that as of late that seem like they were solely made to be played out .. I first heard It's Like That live and it goes off when played out at a venue.

Don't get me wrong, I've always been a big fan of Darren Styles... But if that's what is "tearing crowds up" these days, then I'm very happy to say I seen the best of DS and the hardcore scene many years ago, before it came to this.
Impulse_Response deleted: off topic
latininxtc I think the overwhelming majority, me included and even on this forum, genuinely like Screwface. It came out at a time before DS and Gammer went a little too overboard with the dubcore and electricore trend. At least be grateful that DS hasn't inserted his own monotone vocals onto the updated version.
Skidzorz
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
I think the overwhelming majority, me included and even on this forum, genuinely like Screwface. It came out at a time before DS and Gammer went a little too overboard with the dubcore and electricore trend. At least be grateful that DS hasn't inserted his own monotone vocals onto the updated version.

It's catchy and gets me in a good mood .. it's no Entity breakbeat tune with like 9 entirely different parts in it, but it doesn't set out to be.

Rly love the rmx on HU6
trippnface pshh; whatever happened to this track?

Darren Styles - Qlimax (2014 Edit)
PatrickTheSaint Darren Styles & Re-Con - Quiver

/u/TheLaunchOfficial on Reddit cut the high quality version an HSU podcast with the intro and outro from Screwface and made a complete 6 minute mix.

The tracklist from said podcast confirms the tracks full name.

https://youtu.be/PQVP2YC3ptU

I've added a high quality downloadlink in the descriptions.

It took 1.38 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page