Radio listeners 190+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 HU, HU Breaks, RFU Digital Remasters!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
arpz http://www.hardcoreunderground.co.uk/store/view/hu-hu-breaks-rfu-re-mastered-sub

Looks like I beat CDJay to it, check the link, basically it's ?40 for the back catalogue all remastered and beautified n that :)
Impulse_Response Exciting! It sounds like it's a limited edition deal, so I wonder how many subscriptions they are offering.
CDJay 100, and only until end month. We want a way to test digital roll out and rewarding the faithful is as good a way as any!

Also it's nice to get stuff like CLSM remix of Y Not out "properly".

CDJay
CDJay (Code: If things go wrong, informed fetishists are more likely to be helpful than shriek like entitled banshee children)

CDJay
Impulse_Response As a fetishist, I hope I am of service if it is required/desired.
CDJay *giggles shyly*

Unmastered stuff, too! Access to any future restoration efforts, on the same materials, for the next decade!

CDJay
CDJay At the risk of sounding like a emotional Hollywood starlet; you really love us! Haven't even advertised and they're ticking down like a bomb. Love y'all.

CDJay
Impulse_Response
Samination I would love to have some of the RFU in better quality (and th ones I missed). But pay 40 quid for it? I know I would get a bunch for it... but, sorry I'm not faithful.

... will thre be any unreleased stuff?

... I'll just chime in again, but. This mgiht be the best way to earn money from the whole ordeal, but don't forget the Hardcore demographic. Who would be able to afford paying 40 quid in one sitting? :P
arpz 40 quid is the same price as 12 pints of lager / one gram of 'pub grub' white powder / half a pair of nike air max / a PS4 game

Or in this case, literally years worth of music... If not ?40 then what? What are you actually suggesting a reasonable price for that is?
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by arpz:
40 quid is the same price as 12 pints of lager / one gram of 'pub grub' white powder / half a pair of nike air max / a PS4 game

Or in this case, literally years worth of music... If not ?40 then what? What are you actually suggesting a reasonable price for that is?

I wouldn't mind paying in installments
CDJay Batches will be available separately (RFU, HU001-HU005, HUDIGI in packs of 10) it'll just cost more if you wanted everything that way. Given that you dislike breaks, I wouldn't have nudged you towards this bundle anyway

CDJay
Samination i dont hate it completely. I like the stuff that's more melody-based than kick/breaks based.

Reese old track with NoLeftTurn is a good example of a Breaks that I really like

Reese & NoLeftTurn - Blue Light
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGiXUAcfKAo
Cyrax
quote:
. If not ?40 then what?

arpz
quote:
Originally posted by Cyrax:
quote:
. If not ?40 then what?

cheapskate
PecheyTheLizard Hell, $50 isn't bad, count me in. I have nothing else to spend my money on, i'll just have to skip my next batch of CD's when I get paid again ;)
Mickey Init What do you get for the 40GBP exactly?
djDMS Do I need to be quick to avoid missing this?
arpz
quote:
Originally posted by Mickey Init:
What do you get for the 40GBP exactly?

As far as I can tell, it's digital remasters of everything from RFU, HU & HU Breaks up until F&D Point of No Return with some extra bits thrown in here and there.

@dms - He said somewhere in the thread that it's limited to 100 people or the end of the month, I think
Mickey Init Cheers arpz
Samination bollox... 100 people and only in 14 days? So basicly only for the die hard fans then. No wonder Hardcore' dying, not thinking about future listeners as usual. Why do you guys think old Rolling Stones albums still sells?
CDJay It's a discounted bundle, everything will still be available after that.

CDJay
Mickey Init Will the bundle be distributed via mediafire again?
CDJay Dear god no, our website is up and capable of digital delivery. This is how we stress test it to a limited audience

CDJay
arpz And straight afterwards you're going to start work on NG/BB? :D
CDJay *whistles*

Blu the Roof first

CDJay
robertybob
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
Who would be able to afford paying 40 quid in one sitting? :P

The people who couldn't afford to give Ham 100 quid for just 10 tracks of unknown quality?
jordesuvi Might be a dumb question, but will the remastered album's include the unmixed tracks or will they just be remastered mix compilations?
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by jordesuvi:
Might be a dumb question, but will the remastered album's include the unmixed tracks or will they just be remastered mix compilations?

talking about the HU albums? Wouldn't that be a huge license mess? :P
djDMS Albums? I thought it was the single releases
CDJay It's our label catalogues; we don't have digital rights for even the mixes of hu1-5 compilations!

All unmixed content. I'm going to have to edit the description again, lol.

CDJay
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
It's our label catalogues; we don't have digital rights for even the mixes of hu1-5 compilations!

All unmixed content. I'm going to have to edit the description again, lol.

CDJay

Just type "It's top shit dawg, just pay me, why wont you just pay me, paay meeee"... While you're at it, license that Darren Piles - Pay Me mock remix :P
djDMS I want in. Need to sort it soon
CDJay Splitting the bundle before the weekend, unless a spurt pushes us over prior.

Initial availability as follows:

RFU Entire - ?20
HU001 - HU006 - ?5
Point Of No Return Remastered - ?5

These should be uploaded ready for the weekend!

The HUDIGI back cat will be split as follows, and do bear in mind each "release" was two tracks:

HUDIGI001 - 010 - ?5
HUDIGI011 - 020 - ?5
HUDIGI021 - 030 - ?5
HUDIGI031 - 043 - ?6

These will go up through March/April. Drip, drip

Not sure how to split or contain HU Breaks yet

?40 for the lot isn't sounding so bad, now, eh?

CDJay
djDMS Not bad at all! Glad I spent the money I put aside for my car MOT now ;-)

I'm not using Facebook at the minute so any email/forum updates would be most appreciated.
CDJay RFU catalogue is up!

CDJay
Samination wait, there where more than 1 remix of Pleasure & Pain?

quote:
* Denotes we have yet to find unmastered versions to "properly" remaster. We will keep looking, and if we source shall re-master and update the bundle.

Does that mean that they still contain the "inferior" versions?

quote:
Unmastered versions of all the above will be made available in the near future!

Doh!
CDJay The ones starred are essentially the "old" masters. I'm not saying we'll never be able to source unmastered versions to restore (I'm pretty sure they're on a SCSI hard drive, amongst a load of hard drives, in the loft) but it wasn't going to happen any time soon.

Believe me when I say that 5 out of 63 isn't bad going for material over 10 years old

CDJay
arpz Awesome, just finished getting them, can we get a zip file next time please? ;)

edit: I'm hearing many of these for the first time...So far, Sunrize - Let Me Go <3 <3

edit2: pleasure & pain (frisky & hujib)! Wow...This is one of my favourites from back in the day... Incredible!
CDJay There will be a zip file available down the road; this is still in limited rollout mode. We're ironing out the kinks (rest assured most of the trauma is on the back end where I am destined to spend the next week weeping silently)

Obviously there's a load of unreleased stuff, so you can't expect the quality control I'd hope was more evident on the CD/Vinyl releases, yet with that said there's some forgotten gems even for me.

Enjoy! Be interested to hear what else pops out for you, whether from recognition or newfound adoration.

CDJay
djDMS Looking forward to getting home and grabbing your bundle
djDMS Oh, and Morris call will be the first track I listen to. Outstanding tune.

Still got it on a random CD somewhere but haven't heard it in ages.
CDJay Aaahaha, that's one we didn't include (intentionally).

I'll get it remastered and fire it over to any who want it, though!

CDJay
CDJay If you want it prior, it's still on her site for d/l.

http://www.chwhynny.com/tracks/mc-full.mp3

CDJay
djDMS Oops! Thought I'd seen it :-/

Anyway!

Pleasure and pain (Frisky & Hujib remix)
Until the day I die
Nothing there
Sensory vision
Go this way
False prophets
Nightmare
To the moon
Enraptured soulz
I can feel it
Been on a star

Just the first tracks that jumped out at me.

Real, underrated quality
Impulse_Response
quote:
RFU catalogue is up!

CDJay

Thanks for getting these up! I just got back to my dorm from Houston, so it's time to overload my internet connection. Are these the mastered or unmastered versions?

Also, I'll gladly take the remastered Morris Call and literally anything else you are willing to release.
CDJay
quote:
Originally posted by Impulse_Response:
quote:
RFU catalogue is up!

CDJay

Thanks for getting these up! I just got back to my dorm from Houston, so it's time to overload my internet connection. Are these the mastered or unmastered versions?

Also, I'll gladly take the remastered Morris Call and literally anything else you are willing to release.

These are the new masters; I'll get the unmastered assets up over the next few days

CDJay
Samination I can't seem to find it in print, but does the 40 bundle also include the HU samplers and DJ Tools albums? I have most of the HU samplers (thanks to someone handing them out :P), but none of the DJ tools because I originally thought it was just breaks or scratch sample discs
djDMS Nope
CDJay There's a dj tools bundle for ?15

CDJay
shades316 Did the HU Breaks part of this ever get released - Just going through my old orders and i don't recall seeing this in my download area
Coolgamer Don't scare me like that, I thought I missed a limited bundle then saw the post date.

Which, to be honest, still upsets me that I missed out on this pack, but at least I have the excuse of not checking up on this board during that time.

Hopefully it might get released again someday.
djDMS
quote:
Originally posted by shades316:
Did the HU Breaks part of this ever get released - Just going through my old orders and i don't recall seeing this in my download area

I was just thinking the same
Si Thompson Page cannot be found.
PecheyTheLizard
quote:
Did the HU Breaks part of this ever get released - Just going through my old orders and i don't recall seeing this in my download area

I do have a bundle in my account from when I bought the RFU + HUDIGI + HU Breaks bundle but the bundle never worked and CDJsy had to send me all of the individual folders

I never did get the HU Breaks folder, mostly because I keep forgetting to ask lmao
shades316
quote:
Originally posted by PecheyTheLizard:
quote:

I do have a bundle in my account from when I bought the RFU + HUDIGI + HU Breaks bundle but the bundle never worked and CDJsy had to send me all of the individual folders

I never did get the HU Breaks folder, mostly because I keep forgetting to ask lmao

Yeah I have that same bundle and the ones for the main HU label. No HU Breaks tho.

Also I find that all zips from HU open fine with 7zip.
Samination Yea, whatever they use to create the archives are messing things up. I could extract the files fine with WinRAR, but I had to delete the folders created by those archives by deleting them from the 7zip manager (Windows Explorer and the DOS prompt didn't work at all)
CDJay Okay, on this as a matter of urgency. Odds are it's been fixed, by now, but old archives clearly need re-creating!

CDJay
shades316
quote:
Okay, on this as a matter of urgency. Odds are it's been fixed, by now, but old archives clearly need re-creating!

CDJay

What has been fixed.. the zip archives, or the lack of HU Breaks... Or both!
shades316
quote:
quote:
Okay, on this as a matter of urgency. Odds are it's been fixed, by now, but old archives clearly need re-creating!

CDJay

Sorry to bump... I know you guys are maxed out with stuff, but would be good to get an update on the HU Breaks element that was part of this bundle.
Chwhynny
quote:
quote:
quote:

CDJay

Sorry to bump... I know you guys are maxed out with stuff, but would be good to get an update on the HU Breaks element that was part of this bundle.

We thought it was already available! It's been uploaded but maybe it hasn't been enabled on the site. Will check in the morning!

MusicILove HU breaks now available to buy separately
https://hardcoreunderground.co.uk/store/view/HUBREAKSBUNDLE
Has this been added to our HUDIGI + HU Breaks + RFU (Remastered) (Digital) .zip?
kazukism92 LOL, missing from the pack

HUBRKS014: Gavin G - Burst / Imagine (VIP)
CDJay Adding, assigning rights to the pack!

CDJay
MusicILove
quote:
Adding, assigning rights to the pack!

CDJay

Will it be In the current pack or will it be its own thing in downloads?
CDJay Edit: Sorry I set it up before I understood the system properly. Added to archive, but the hudigi stuff isn't in. I'll ask the web guys if we can create a new "bundle" and assign the rights to everyone who bought this.

CDJay
MusicILove
quote:
Edit: Sorry I set it up before I understood the system properly. Added to archive, but the hudigi stuff isn't in. I'll ask the web guys if we can create a new "bundle" and assign the rights to everyone who bought this.

CDJay

Ok. Can't wait until the single track downloads & new content symbols come in. That will make my life so much easier. It will also probably save you a ton of bandwidth.
CDJay Correct on all counts 😂

CDJay
shades316 Any updates on when HU Breaks downloads will be given to those who bought the complete bundle please?
MusicILove It's already there you have to download the big bundle containing everything to get it.
shades316
quote:
Originally posted by MusicILove:
It's already there you have to download the big bundle containing everything to get it.

Cool - ill re-download :)
CDJay Yeah, we couldn't simply link the separate pack as it was listed as a single virtual product rather than a bundle containing virtual(s).

CDJay
MusicILove
quote:
Aaahaha, that's one we didn't include (intentionally).

I'll get it remastered and fire it over to any who want it, though!

CDJay

Wish this was remastered and added to the bundle by now.

The website is no more. I posted the track from the website on my Discord if anyone is looking for it.
Mickey Init
quote:
Originally posted by kazukism92:
LOL, missing from the pack

HUBRKS014: Gavin G - Burst / Imagine (VIP)

Did this ever show up for anyone who bought the HU Breaks bundle?
I downloaded the zip file again the other day and it's still missing for me.

It took 3.52 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page