Radio listeners 154+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Little gem on Soundcloud

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Elipton I don't see much uploaded by the way of Hardcore on Soundcloud any more. I just use it for more leisure than anything else, now. However, this popped up and it had a fair bit of potential to be a really fun track. I enjoyed it.

Then I heard more stuff and it's really cool too. This Technical Difficulties track is a bit more of a Freeform blend.

For anyone familiar with J-core, gya9 is no up-and-comer. He's been around for a while now I think. However, he's very talented with writing fun tracks. It'd be cool to hear a collab with someone with the technical and mastering nouse.
Elipton

How cool is that ^
(and that symbol in the artwork is baller too)
GrahamC Shame I can't read Japanese or I would totally buy those!
Impulse_Response
quote:
Originally posted by GrahamC:
Shame I can't read Japanese or I would totally buy those!

J-Neration 5 is still available on Diverse Direct. According to the official site, J-Neration 6 will be available there as well. Diverse Direct has easy foreign shipping and info in English.

https://diverse.direct/j-neration/jncd-0005/
http://j-neration.net/jncd0006/

Also available on Bandcamp.

https://j-neration.bandcamp.com/music
Elipton
quote:
Originally posted by GrahamC:
Shame I can't read Japanese or I would totally buy those!

I think there are importers but I cant recall who. DJ Luc D (If he's still operating with that name) is in the know on that. In any case, he runs Touitsu which imports and exports from Japan
DJ D-Luc-D Ello lol

Yeah as Impulse_Response says get them from Diverse Direct, J-NERATION 6 gets released at the next M3 (30th April) so you might be able to pre-order them in the next few days. Or if you want it digitally there's Bandcamp and I think iTunes?

Anyway gya9 is still kinda decent yeah. I can't say I'm a big fan of many of those guys anymore but there's 1 or 2 tracks on that CD which are good. I generally prefer VIVID HARDCORE but even that's dropped in quality since it started.

LU-I always springs to mind as someone who's stayed awesome, check him out.
Impulse_Response
quote:
Originally posted by DJ D-Luc-D:
Anyway gya9 is still kinda decent yeah. I can't say I'm a big fan of many of those guys anymore but there's 1 or 2 tracks on that CD which are good. I generally prefer VIVID HARDCORE but even that's dropped in quality since it started.

I have been very disappointed by J-core the past 2 years. So much is either excessively cute and happy junk or it's a direct ripoff of the current EDM hardcore sound (e.g. J-Neration Gap). There are a few artists I really like, such as Soleily, Hyphen (Les dos-on), and JourneyCat, but there isn't enough music I like to put much time and money into the scene. I might find 2-4 songs I like on every CD I buy.
Samination the j-neration stuff can be found on bandcamp aswell

https://j-neration.bandcamp.com/music
DJ D-Luc-D
quote:
Originally posted by Impulse_Response:
quote:

I have been very disappointed by J-core the past 2 years. So much is either excessively cute and happy junk or it's a direct ripoff of the current EDM hardcore sound (e.g. J-Neration Gap). There are a few artists I really like, such as Soleily, Hyphen (Les dos-on), and JourneyCat, but there isn't enough music I like to put much time and money into the scene. I might find 2-4 songs I like on every CD I buy.

I mean ovbiously I had to like that sound to get into it in the first place but it has got a bit oversaturated (especially when kawaii future bass came around), plus I've noticed a lot of artists' sounds stopped evolving past a point.

You might be interested to know Soleily will release an album this M3. :P I can't remember if it had any hardcore on it but I still plan on getting it.
Impulse_Response
quote:
You might be interested to know Soleily will release an album this M3. :P I can't remember if it had any hardcore on it but I still plan on getting it.

I am very interested! A lot of Soleily's recent material has been available internationally, and I hope that holds true for this one. Do you know the title of the album or if previews are up?

It took 0.8 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page