Total online 1708
 Radio listeners 157+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Vinylgroover digital backcat coming?!?!?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Samination I don't know how many have seen this post yet, but:

https://twitter.com/Fracus/status/880051264641519618

quote:
With the legend @ScottAttrill (and a f**kload of DATs) today! Some great projects for both the future & legacy of #HappyHardcore incoming!

This smells like the possibility for Vinylgroover's label coming out on Digital, or atleast one or best of albums? I hope for the former!
arpz ‎Scott Attrill‎
to
HTID USA Family
14 hrs ? Warminster ?

So went to meet Fracus today and going through Dats- it's started, the Vinylgroover album is underway at last 😂😂✌️😜
Captain Triceps I don't know if I'd prefer a new album or all the oldies releasing. Not so much a "best of", with two CDs (one mixed) - just the whole lot!
arpz A Brisk style one would work I reckon. Or one old, one new, one mix also... if he has new stuff, I've no idea
CDJay We've learned a lot over the past few years, and the infrastructure is nearly where we need it. Dare to presume you'll all be sated.

CDJay
arpz
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
We've learned a lot over the past few years, and the infrastructure is nearly where we need it. Dare to presume you'll all be sated.

CDJay

Is it as good as I imagine it, sitting round plugging the DATs in and seeing what's on there?
CDJay I can only presume people used to be more organised, as they are all clearly marked for content (track and part/sample).

Infer from that, whatever your heart desires.

I'm mainly happy I got "2 Hearts As 1" back, as I'd nabbed a digital copy off Fade before he fled the industry and somehow lost it (!)

CDJay
arpz
quote:
I can only presume people used to be more organised, as they are all clearly marked for content (track and part/sample).

Infer from that, whatever your heart desires.

I'm mainly happy I got "2 Hearts As 1" back, as I'd nabbed a digital copy off Fade before he fled the industry and somehow lost it (!)

CDJay

Ok, not quite the 'opening the box' 'OMG wtf is this' I was hoping for but I'm sure it was still a very nice time for you
Captain Triceps Nope, still clueless.
No sodding riddles, are you releasing everything on TWO or what?
Samination They're the bonuses
CDJay
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
Nope, still clueless.

That's not the *immediate* plan, although we will endeavour to get everything ready as we go along to facilitate that. There's a lot of material!

We're still at the "trawl discgos, working out what, if anything, is missing" stage. We need to record/fix/restore everything we have.

I think we've settled on a format for the first album, at any rate, and we're pushing for a 2017 release.

If there's anything specific you want to see restored/released, sooner, this is as good a thread to ask as any......

CDJay

Mickey Init I'm speechless 🤗
Samination That got be a hassle. It took Scott Brown over a half a year to get a bunch of his stuff ready. I dont think he's even remotly done (or he's got shitloads of licensing problems).
GrahamC
quote:
quote:
Nope, still clueless.

That's not the *immediate* plan, although we will endeavour to get everything ready as we go along to facilitate that. There's a lot of material!

We're still at the "trawl discgos, working out what, if anything, is missing" stage. We need to record/fix/restore everything we have.

I think we've settled on a format for the first album, at any rate, and we're pushing for a 2017 release.

If there's anything specific you want to see restored/released, sooner, this is as good a thread to ask as any......

CDJay

Calypso Summer, Virtual Dreams & Bright Eyes.

There are probably loads loads more but those get me seriously excited :)
Samination The String, All that you can see and hear, John Gotti's, Expansions
Captain Triceps Definitely Expansions. Wishing On A Star, although that was on Slammin' Vinyl so I dunno how that would work.
Samination considering it wasnt out as a slammin vinyl digital, maybe vinylgroover owns it?
CDJay
quote:
Definitely Expansions. Wishing On A Star, although that was on Slammin' Vinyl so I dunno how that would work.

Can just license from them, think they actually have the DAT for that (not Eye Opener, though, hence how miraculous the last minute find was for Brisk's album)

CDJay
Captain Triceps It is available digitally, from the Slammin' Vinyl website.
Captain Triceps Interestingly, the original Eyeopener isn't on the site.
Samination It used to be there, well when i bought it back in 2005/2006.

Wow, they're actualyl selling WAVs now?
Impulse_Response
quote:
Can just license from them, think they actually have the DAT for that (not Eye Opener, though, hence how miraculous the last minute find was for Brisk's album)

CDJay

Sorry to go off topic, but will the new version of eyeopener be available at some point? A different version was available a while back on Beatport, but it had terrible sound quality.
CDJay Absolutely, and this year.

CDJay
Samination :o
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
I don't know how many have seen this post yet, but:

https://twitter.com/Fracus/status/880051264641519618

quote:
With the legend @ScottAttrill (and a f**kload of DATs) today! Some great projects for both the future & legacy of #HappyHardcore incoming!

This smells like the possibility for Vinylgroover's label coming out on Digital, or atleast one or best of albums? I hope for the former!

Did Scott gain weight in the last 2yrs since I saw him? His face is looking pudgier. Hey Scott, you can't be fat in the UK hardcore scene! That's already Hixxy's thing, as well as Brisk and about a dozen other djs.
kazukism92 DUUUUUDE, My brain has explode when I saw this at Instagram.

Is it there any chance to put Time After Time at tracklist?
My favorite since 2005 (and still playing on a Dancemania SPEED CD).
CDJay I think it's safe to say that "Time" will 100% be on.

CDJay
Captain Triceps
quote:
I think it's safe to say that "Time" will 100% be on.

CDJay

I think the album should be called "It's About Time."
Shanty CDJay, pretty please:

DJ Destiny Featuring Trixxy - Suddenly [Big Beats 1BBIGA]
Midas - Meltdown [Midas MDMA001A]
Midas Featuring Heidi - Does Unity Exist Anymore [Midas MDMA001B]
DJ Fade - Music Is My Life (DJ Vinylgroover Remix) [Happy Vibes HVR006B]
Midas & DJ Vinylgroover - You Take Me Away [Happy Vibes HVR006A]
Druid & Vinylgroover - Summertime Vibe 94 (The North End Mix) [Hectic HECT007B1]
Midas - Groove Control (Vocal Remix Featuring Donna Grassie) [Fusion FUSLP003E1]
Midas - Just Can't Stop Myself [Fusion FUS001A]
Midas - Take It From The Groove (DJ Vinylgroover Remix) [Hectic Rewinds HR001B]
Midas - Waiting For Gold [Hectic HECT015A]
Midas, Supreme & UFO - Whatcanado [Fusion FUSLP003A1]
Urban Noize - 2 Hearts As 1 [Big Beats 2BBIGB]
robertybob Shanty, what are you up to these days since EE ceased?
Samination he's still making CD's. He has made some pre-order remix albums
Elipton They're certainly getting into it. That's one hell of a mid-nineties hair cut right there.
Captain Triceps Just need curtains and a ponytail and we're there.
Samination I'm waiting for my mullet to grow out again. It's going to be a warm summer for me :P
Mickey Init Doesn't get more 90s than this, though: https://goo.gl/images/8SYSNa

Aren't they topless on the back or is that another record sleeve?
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by Mickey Init:
Doesn't get more 90s than this, though: https://goo.gl/images/8SYSNa

Aren't they topless on the back or is that another record sleeve?

https://img.discogs.com/4ruSHGnfQjEpdYkETz8WAy00sXU=/fit-in/599x589/filters:strip_icc():format(jpeg):mode_rgb():quality(90)/discogs-images/R-92377-1124302766.jpg.jpg

*Edit* I think I did the same thing you did first time...
Mickey Init I tried but failed.
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by Mickey Init:
I tried but failed.

Mate it took me three goes.
djscavenger This is great news

Please anything by Midas including Nostalgia and the Groove control remix

Also Urban Noize - What You want
Rush Hour Remix
Bright Eyes (original please)
Deep situation

htid_4_life My Guardian Angel
Time (DB7 Remix)
DJ Seduction - Holding on (vinylgroover Remix)

but most importantly... PLEASE release Elevate - All I Need Is Love but the version that was used on Bonkers 6, Vibes CD???
DJ Hellfury The Select Remix of Bright Eyes, please
Sulphurik The DNA remix seems to be the only version that was ever released. Always liked this one. I wonder if Vinylgroover has the original mix of this somewhere?! What I want to know is has anyone else remixed this in recent times?

Sulphurik What about Midas - Can't Stop original? I've just heard Ham's remix.
Craigavon raver First I seen this topic! roll on
Craigavon raver And why is people mentioning midas tracks for? is midas vinylgroover? and I didn't realise after all these years
Samination Wouldn't that depend on how much Vinylgroover had to do with Midas? I thought it was just C Grayston
Craigavon raver
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
Wouldn't that depend on how much Vinylgroover had to do with Midas? I thought it was just C Grayston

Well why is people mentioning midas tracks for a vinylgroover album then? doesn't make sense, thats why i was asking started to think vinylgroover was midas!
Triquatra Aye Midas was the two of 'em.
Sulphurik Had to do a search for Time remixes.

The DJ Storm remix sounds great.
Vinylgroover remix good but prefer the original.

I had been thinking it's the type of track Sy & Unknown remix would have remixed. I found their 1997 remix but don't really like it. A 2005ish style remix from them I'm sure would have been good.

Has anyone done a more recent remix? (2005-2010)
Sulphurik
quote:
Originally posted by Sulphurik:
The DNA remix seems to be the only version that was ever released. Always liked this one. I wonder if Vinylgroover has the original mix of this somewhere?! What I want to know is has anyone else remixed this in recent times?

Think I've just found it.
Craigavon raver
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
Aye Midas was the two of 'em.

Didn't have a clue, just thought midas was a producer on his own, never would of thought that it was anything to do with vinylgroover, who's c grayston then? did he produce on his own, or just as midas with vinylgroover
djDMS He produced as Ikon as well (with Unknown I think) but was better known as a promoter and label owner.
Craigavon raver
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
He produced as Ikon as well (with Unknown I think) but was better known as a promoter and label owner.

jesus didn't know that either lol obviously know ikon and some tracks, but didn't know that, learn something new everyday as they say
htid_4_life Is there any update on this backcat?
I'd still love the exclusive Bonkers mix to Elevate - All I Need. I really hope that is on there and also a decent rip of his remix of crowd control, even the one where it has his name on it that he used at hardcore heaven the ravers choice 96. That mix made me a huge vinylgroover fan so I wouldn't mind that version.
Brainchild
quote:
Originally posted by htid_4_life:
Is there any update on this backcat?
I'd still love the exclusive Bonkers mix to Elevate - All I Need. I really hope that is on there and also a decent rip of his remix of crowd control, even the one where it has his name on it that he used at hardcore heaven the ravers choice 96. That mix made me a huge vinylgroover fan so I wouldn't mind that version.

I wouldn't want Hardcore Underground to start work on the Vinylgroover album until they had completed, or at least got the majority of the Sharkey completionist tracks sorted. They are struggling as it is with just doing one.
Samination if Vinylgroover wasn't so busy with his own stuff, he could've done like Scott Brown. One of the reason he took 4-5 years to release new music was because he was recording from his DATs
CDJay
quote:
Originally posted by Brainchild:
quote:
Originally posted by htid_4_life:
Is there any update on this backcat?

I wouldn't want Hardcore Underground to start work on the Vinylgroover album until they had completed, or at least got the majority of the Sharkey completionist tracks sorted. They are struggling as it is with just doing one.

Correct; we have all the DATs, but no moves are being made beyond some peripheral commisions until we have all other projects delivereed.

CDJay

It took 2.89 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page