Radio listeners 157+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 HTID Genesis

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
trippnface Anybody seriously underwhelmed by that line up?

https://www.facebook.com/events/800446113460678/?active_tab=about

Not even sure I could call that a Hardcore party to be honest.

Would have thought they really tried to impress with their " first HTID event in the UK"

I don't even think I would buy a ticket.

Hope this is not a sign of things to come; really want to get excited for HTID usa; but they need to learn how to book a line up.

and "Tekincore" .. ****ing seriously?
Samination You mean "the first HTID event in the UK... for the new owners"
trippnface
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
You mean "the first HTID event in the UK... for the new owners"

seriously; I hope everyone across the board is recognizing things possibly just got worse; and they were not even good at the moment. lol.

Just really hard to believe they could come up with such a boring line up. Promoters should be atleast trying to get people excited; and the possibilites are still there...

CDJay If anyone was wondering why I've seemed like an emotional yo-yo since December last year..... there you go.

CDJay
djDMS Same shit, different event....
Vladel
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
If anyone was wondering why I've seemed like an emotional yo-yo since December last year..... there you go.

CDJay

With the greatest respect and admiration (really) i thought you were like that anyway.

CDJay Probably, although I'd like to think I've generally been something of a wild optimist (and against all odds )

CDJay
Vladel
quote:
Probably, although I'd like to think I've generally been something of a wild optimist (and against all odds )

CDJay

You know i love you and everything HU does
trippnface wait a minute; this better not mean HU being excluded from the usa event or I will start an uprising....

I would assume the states crew is not stupid enough to attempt a hardcore show of this scale without HU.... but it looks like HTID is lol. They best check their ego!

really baffling
Samination I believe that HTID UK != HTID US != HTID AU.
silver I would go from the production and staging alone. HSU don't mess about.
Cyrax
quote:
If anyone was wondering why I've seemed like an emotional yo-yo since December last year..... there you go.

CDJay

Fracus and Darwin can't work every weekend mate, give them a break, surely the have their mates weddings to attend, their nephew's birthday partys etc....

latininxtc That lineup is the reason I'm not gong to HTID USA.
DjZelous MC Storm is on that line up. Yuck.

The line up looks pretty sick actually aside from Gammer.

Gazza1712 So Darren styles gammer stonebank and breeze and even hixxy will all be playing the same tracks in there sets, and that is the majority of the hardcore djs booked on the lineup, and I'm not a fan of joey riot, nice to see Callum higby on the line up through.
The drunken scotsman Admittedly I haven't been keeping much of a tab on the current scene, but that looks like a typical HTID lineup to me.
trippnface
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
That lineup is the reason I'm not gong to HTID USA.

This is absolutely unacceptable. We have been robbed and defiled.
trippnface
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
Admittedly I haven't been keeping much of a tab on the current scene, but that looks like a typical HTID lineup to me.

Didn't they used ot be alot bigger with more dj's? more b2b sets?

and I suppose it is a typical HTID line up; the problem is the vast majority of those dj's seem to have forgotten what HTID is.

Gammer; styles; higby; stonebank will all play the same recycled sounding stuff.

Joey riot spins powerstomp.

code black is hardstyle.

that literally leaves 2 happy/ uk hardore sets.

They could have the best set up/ display in the world; and that line up would stop me from going.
I would just get too bored. Not enough hardcore. I have heard all the stuff they spin now.... doesnt do anything for me. Really sad. I just don't understand when Kniteforce and HU literally are the only reasons the fans and the scene are even taken seriously today; they are treated like they dont even exist. at this point; I honestly hope HTID eats shit.. if this is really the way they want to run the show.
DjZelous but now that trippin mentioned that gammer, hixxy and darren will all play the same tracks kinda put me off. After HTID got sold i think shit hit the fan
arpz I'm going to this but only cause it's not that far from me, It'll be fun, getting smashed and having a dance but you're right that the line up isn't in any way strong. I don't really know what up front events have been truly exciting in terms of lineup recently though but it's what you make it
The drunken scotsman
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
quote:
Admittedly I haven't been keeping much of a tab on the current scene, but that looks like a typical HTID lineup to me.

Didn't they used ot be alot bigger with more dj's? more b2b sets?

and I suppose it is a typical HTID line up; the problem is the vast majority of those dj's seem to have forgotten what HTID is.

Gammer; styles; higby; stonebank will all play the same recycled sounding stuff.

Joey riot spins powerstomp.

code black is hardstyle.

that literally leaves 2 happy/ uk hardore sets.

They could have the best set up/ display in the world; and that line up would stop me from going.
I would just get too bored. Not enough hardcore. I have heard all the stuff they spin now.... doesnt do anything for me. Really sad. I just don't understand when Kniteforce and HU literally are the only reasons the fans and the scene are even taken seriously today; they are treated like they dont even exist. at this point; I honestly hope HTID eats shit.. if this is really the way they want to run the show.

I'll always have fond memories of HTID events as they were my introduction to the rave scene at a time when it was thriving. Those days are long gone now though. HTID used to run from about 9pm till 6am and was spread across 3 rooms, which obviously meant a lot more slots to fill. This allowed the promoters to use a little imagination and it made for some interesting back to backs, breakthrough DJ's etc. However, these nights must have cost a fortune to run. That's ok when you're guaranteed the attendance and subsequently the return on investment, but not when the popularity of hardcore is significantly lower and the event could easily be a disaster.

It seems that most bigger events follow the same dull formula these days. The same tried and tested DJ's playing an hour set, no back to backs, kick-off set etc.

CDJay The best description I can give, is that it's like pretending the gender pay gap isn't a problem if you fire all the women.

CDJay
silver That was the problem with events, they have 100 DJ's all playing B2B for 45 mins sets... more names on a flyer doesn't make it bigger or better. Most of the people DJing I had never heard of and more than likely sold the most tickets to their friends.

Literally speaking if you don't like HTID anymore, it seems you are dead because you were hardcore til you died hehe :)
The drunken scotsman
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
That was the problem with events, they have 100 DJ's all playing B2B for 45 mins sets... more names on a flyer doesn't make it bigger or better. Most of the people DJing I had never heard of and more than likely sold the most tickets to their friends.

Literally speaking if you don't like HTID anymore, it seems you are dead because you were hardcore til you died hehe :)

I think it did make them bigger and better. It gave the lineups a lot more variety and not just the same boring shit every week/month.
trippnface Where is Stormtrooper? Geos crew? Jakazid? Euphony? Eufeion? Doug Horizon? billy bunter? daniel seven? hotchkiss? dowster? vagabond? robbie long? alex bassjunkie? scoot & cs1? kman? olly p? sash dee? JTS? Haze? Shimamura? Slipmatt? Chaos?

I didn't even bring up S3rl; sc@r; al storm; hixxy technikore; fracus & darwin; brisk; scott brown; who actually still bust out solid tracks.

if i see " styles; breeze; and gammer " on another ****ing lineup; I am going to smash my head against a wall. This seriously has to stop.

and look! I got a response from part of team that throws HTID USA!

They did not like what I had to say! . Someone had to say it though ;)

fanboyism is a disease.

"Different leaders? would dare? Dude you have no idea what you're talking about. I'm pretty sure we're all still here. Not to mention the fact that our HardRush projects have heavily supported HU. We even had an HU booth at the last show.. With that: 1 We cant book everyone for every show. 2. This kind of "support" you are showing for an artist doesn't help anyone and just promotes negativity. 3. You are more than welcome to throw your own events. "

I am taking that as " HSU ****ed over everything; we hate it; you hate it; but shutup and love it"
CDJay They have a point; the HTID USA crew have been relentlessly supportive and helpful from day dot. You'll notice I've offered zero commentary related to that.

In the end, the people paying the bill have every right to choose what they spend on what. It may sting, and I genuinely can't believe I'm even having to type any of this, but it is what it is. I still live in hope that reason will prevail, even at the 11th hour. Express your support, not disdain.

Whatever happens, we'll be in the vicinity; we have a DCP to do a cinema premiere

CDJay
silver CDJay nailed it, it is what it is, their money their lineup, you can protest by not going :) If I was in the UK I would be going...

This is the level of production.. this is the 4K trailer for one of their events.... yeah that's Hixxy, AudioFreq, Dougal and more in the video...

What's that I hear you saying... why does an event need a trailer? Welcome to 2017.

Now ignore the music (if you don't like it) and look at this megamovie of their events:

And imagine this level of production for an event for an HTID event.

Just go and have a good time I say.
arpz Lol, I don't think they will be bringing that level of production to the opera house somehow...

trippnface
quote:
They have a point; the HTID USA crew have been relentlessly supportive and helpful from day dot. You'll notice I've offered zero commentary related to that.

In the end, the people paying the bill have every right to choose what they spend on what. It may sting, and I genuinely can't believe I'm even having to type any of this, but it is what it is. I still live in hope that reason will prevail, even at the 11th hour. Express your support, not disdain.

Whatever happens, we'll be in the vicinity; we have a DCP to do a cinema premiere

CDJay

Gah true enough. My eternal bitching must cease....
trippnface
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
CDJay nailed it, it is what it is, their money their lineup, you can protest by not going :) If I was in the UK I would be going...

This is the level of production.. this is the 4K trailer for one of their events.... yeah that's Hixxy, AudioFreq, Dougal and more in the video...

What's that I hear you saying... why does an event need a trailer? Welcome to 2017.

Now ignore the music (if you don't like it) and look at this megamovie of their events:

And imagine this level of production for an event for an HTID event.

Just go and have a good time I say.

You bring up some vaild points.. I will probably go hahaha
Thumpa Would rather shag me Dad than go to that.
The drunken scotsman
quote:
Originally posted by Thumpa:
Would rather shag me Dad than go to that.

Me too.
Samination
quote:
quote:

Me too.

Well I would be shagging a corpse... but I'm game!
Vladel
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:
quote:

Me too.

Well I would be shagging a corpse... but I'm game!

That sounds like gammers soundcloud.

It took 1.67 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page