Radio listeners 177+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Massive rise in value of Hardcore CD's

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Mental_Adam I haven't been very dedicated for a number of years on this forum. However i decided to do some Amazon and Ebay searches for certain hardcore music.

I was quite aware of prices etc as did buy/sell on certain stuff.

However, I suppose the scene isn't what it is was on a commercial level as it was maybe over 10 years ago.

The prices for a lot of the compilations has gone up a crazy amount maybe due to the availability and demand.

Sorry if this is an unusual post, has most noticed for huge price rise in a lot of the music cd's... i mean going about 5 or 6 years ago you could pick up a bonkers compilation for a few quid and now you're looking at spending crazy monies.
scottyd2k9 I think it?s gone back to being underground now. At one point it went commercial but I believe hardcore is dying out. Makina has gone almost. So most of the older albums are more rare now. That?s my opinion.

Guest blame brexit
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by Guest:
blame brexit

It seems like everything went wrong since Brexit came along.
Vladel
quote:
Originally posted by Mental_Adam:
I haven't been very dedicated for a number of years on this forum. However i decided to do some Amazon and Ebay searches for certain hardcore music.

I was quite aware of prices etc as did buy/sell on certain stuff.

However, I suppose the scene isn't what it is was on a commercial level as it was maybe over 10 years ago.

The prices for a lot of the compilations has gone up a crazy amount maybe due to the availability and demand.

Sorry if this is an unusual post, has most noticed for huge price rise in a lot of the music cd's... i mean going about 5 or 6 years ago you could pick up a bonkers compilation for a few quid and now you're looking at spending crazy monies.

The thing is, cds can be listed at any cost but doesn't mean they are worth it. I could list my Hardcore underground 2 (probably one of the more sought after) for 100 quid but that wouldn't make it worth it.
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by scottyd2k9:
I think it?s gone back to being underground now. At one point it went commercial but I believe hardcore is dying out. Makina has gone almost. So most of the older albums are more rare now. That?s my opinion.

funny how Makina seems almost more alive compared to UK Hardcore :P
DJIntensity Masif Hardcore 2008 try getting that CD almost 10 years old and the price is crazy I wish I never get rid of that CD.
Vladel
quote:
Originally posted by DJIntensity:
Masif Hardcore 2008 try getting that CD almost 10 years old and the price is crazy I wish I never get rid of that CD.

I have that one too
Elipton Saw clubland Xtreme Hardcore 9 at ?80 on CD when I looked last.
Samination japanese CD's can sell for a fine wine... especially if you missed out buying it when it was new
DJIntensity
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
japanese CD's can sell for a fine wine... especially if you missed out buying it when it was new

Drift Trance 2006 Silvers CD mixture of Infinity and Masterwax.
PecheyTheLizard I was one of those lucky guys who got a practically brand new copy of Bonkers 12 on Amazon for I believe a $1.80 over here in America (obviously with shipping charges as well)

Sometimes you get lucky , sometimes you don't! Sometimes I go to the UK Amazon site and find hardcore CDs for even cheaper than they are here in America, it's pretty crazy what you'll find.
DJIntensity The only CDs I got lucky with is Masif Hardcore 2008 and Drift Trance the latter I don't have either anymore I am thinking of getting it again.
versia Some of Scott Brown stuff goes for a massive price. I'd love to have a full Hardwired collection but the price would be astronomical. I did get hold of his Livewired dvd, which is pretty cool.
DJIntensity
quote:
Originally posted by versia:
Some of Scott Brown stuff goes for a massive price. I'd love to have a full Hardwired collection but the price would be astronomical. I did get hold of his Livewired dvd, which is pretty cool.

Guess it?s so popular that?s why his music never gets old i was only disappointmented with his mix on the Hardcore Heaven 4 CD.
skarr it's because ****ing ****s are putting albums out for ?100 plus......
Samination just go and seek more help
DJIntensity
quote:
just go and seek more help

I?ll second that.
DJIntensity Hardcore Addiction what a series that was until Silver decided to destroy the stock he had left pity good things have to end.
Samination Yea, he couldn't sell them because of the license... officially. I don't think there was any law against him for selling them as 2nd hand... which I believe I had mentioned earlier in this thread (or another)
DJIntensity
quote:
Yea, he couldn't sell them because of the license... officially. I don't think there was any law against him for selling them as 2nd hand... which I believe I had mentioned earlier in this thread (or another)

Yep it was mentioned in another thread which I started about Hardcore Addiction whether there will be a 7th release in the series.
rafferty
quote:
quote:
Some of Scott Brown stuff goes for a massive price. I'd love to have a full Hardwired collection but the price would be astronomical. I did get hold of his Livewired dvd, which is pretty cool.

Guess it?s so popular that?s why his music never gets old i was only disappointmented with his mix on the Hardcore Heaven 4 CD.

Not sure why you did'nt like his Hardcore Heaven 4 mix. I thought it was really upfront.

Saying that I never rated Hardcore Masif. Was all just generic Hard Trance at Hardcore speed with nothing outside the box as far as creativity.

DJIntensity
quote:
Originally posted by rafferty:
quote:
quote:

Not sure why you did'nt like his Hardcore Heaven 4 mix. I thought it was really upfront.

Saying that I never rated Hardcore Masif. Was all just generic Hard Trance at Hardcore speed with nothing outside the box as far as creativity.

His mix on Masif Hardcore 2008 was average to say the least it had a some good tunes which were uplifting like his remix of Cannonball and Let Me See You Dance always rated his mix from Hardcore Heaven 4 though.

The drunken scotsman IMO Scott Brown didn?t do anything of note from about 05/06 until his comeback in 2013. For the last couple of years he?s been one of the very few reasons I still occasionally listen to hardcore.
DJIntensity
quote:
Originally posted by rafferty:
quote:
quote:

The other two CDs on Masif Hardcore were amazing Kevin & Sharkey finally Weaver CD.

Skidzorz The Japanese stuff can def get pretty ridiculously priced, but I just found Hardwored 3 and Masif Hardcore for $5 and $15 respectively :s
Samination Well that's because not all of them gets repressed, but they are usually just as expensive as CDs were in the late 90/early 00's
DJIntensity I always notice CDs from foreign countries can be a bit expensive.

It took 1.83 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page