Radio listeners 157+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 The Rave Music Archive (Mixcloud)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Si Thompson After last weeks account termination, 'The Rave Music Archive' is now on Mixcloud. The hard work starts all over again. Feel free to follow if you have a Mixcloud account. Thanks.

https://www.mixcloud.com/The_Rave_Music_Archive/

The drunken scotsman Followed 👍🏼
Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
Followed 👍🏼

Thanks, pal.
Smoogie Any idea why they took the last one down on Soundcloud?
Samination We asked in the other thread, but they didnt want to give out the reason it seems. Si could probably get that info out, if he's willing to spend money on law-consulting(?)
Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by Smoogie:
Any idea why they took the last one down on Soundcloud?

A few Drum & Bass sets were reported and i received 3 strikes. All new D&B.
Smoogie
quote:
Originally posted by Si Thompson:
quote:

A few Drum & Bass sets were reported and i received 3 strikes. All new D&B.

Strange
DJ A.K. Gutted, what a shame, not touched mixcloud in ages but I guess I will have to now
DJIntensity I am gutted too I rarely use Mixcloud but now it has me thinking.
DJ_FunDaBounce
quote:

I know I'm going against the grain here but I'm surprised to hear no one saw it coming. I mean, hosting 5000 tracks of hours upon hours of music not made by Si specifically. Surely a few (to say the least) copyright limits were being crossed. I wonder though, why not host it on youtube? at least you could monetize, no?

yeah, I myself have a few mixes using other people's tracks online. I try to credit as much as possible, though.

a fine line.

Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by DJ_FunDaBounce:
quote:

I know I'm going against the grain here but I'm surprised to hear no one saw it coming. I mean, hosting 5000 tracks of hours upon hours of music not made by Si specifically. Surely a few (to say the least) copyright limits were being crossed. I wonder though, why not host it on youtube? at least you could monetize, no?

yeah, I myself have a few mixes using other people's tracks online. I try to credit as much as possible, though.

a fine line.

I was always under the impression that promoters didn't own the copyrights to sets recorded. I'm not 100% sure on the whole copyright thing anyway. I have got a YouTube account, but it takes an eternity to upload a full pack.
Smoogie I always provide a Tracklist when I can
DJ_FunDaBounce This...

https://soundcloud.com/pages/copyright

Promoters never owned the copyrights to tape packs and such, thus making it an illegal practice. I believe that's why Scott Brown didn't appear on any for a very long time, as he and his management were concerned with copyright issues.

I do believe there has been an implicit permission for dj's to use other people's tracks in order to widen exposure, though. Which is the why and how the dj scene has thrived in spite of copyright laws.
Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by DJ_FunDaBounce:
This...

https://soundcloud.com/pages/copyright

Promoters never owned the copyrights to tape packs and such, thus making it an illegal practice. I believe that's why Scott Brown didn't appear on any for a very long time, as he and his management were concerned with copyright issues.

I do believe there has been an implicit permission for dj's to use other people's tracks in order to widen exposure, though. Which is the why and how the dj scene has thrived in spite of copyright laws.

I'm on Mixcloud now uploading what i want, so **** it!

It took 0.98 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page