Radio listeners 151+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 Virtual instruments (sinths/drums)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
mrc any body know of any good virtual instruments for cubace for making hardcore, one i can get some pumpin sounds from?

cheers

oh s*it man, what was i saying?
Kaffine If you go to the ush.net forums, under the djs, producers and mcs forum there's a rather extensive thread about this, but to outline some of the more popular choices... NI FM7 and NI Pro53 I know are virtually worshipped ;) The novation V-station sounds quite nice and can really get some nice screeching freeform noises... for drums, I suggest waldorf attack or ni battery.

-dj h3o

All I know is that to me, you look like you're lots of fun, open up your loving arms - watch out here I come!
Hard2Get You could also try the TR-909 and TR-808 emulators in Re-Birth, which you can use via Cubase (Rewire) or Reason :)
DJ Flex What are these virtual instruments i keep hearing bout?

Nah just ask them here, then you won't get L4M3Rz trying to bag you out for using Reason (when they really couldn't make a grunt whilst constipated)

Anywhoo, aside from that nasty attack, NI FM7, NI Pro53, the Junglist (I love that baby) the V station, and then you can find some at kvr-vst.com

That is a very good start.

-=[ryg0r]=-
silver bugger all of you and stay here and answer the damn question... this aint a spam site.

Anyway, first off, my reccomendations for VSTis:

NI FM7
NI Pro 53
Novation V-Station
(These 3 are my main VSTi plugins that I use)

I also use the instruments that are Logic only, which doesn't really apply to you, but I'm gonna list them anyway:

EXS24 (such a wikkid sampler!)
ES1
ES2 (a tad heavy on processor power this one, but some sweet sounds)
ESM (good for basses if you add some effects)

I may have listed those, but to get really funky sounding tunes its all in the programming and the mixing. You could have the largest sounding lead anywhere, but you use it with a rubbish riff and your just wasting your time. However, you use a pants sounding patch, and then a wikkid riff and you can do something with it. Start adding effects to it.... reverb with a large pre-delay always sounds good, and delay helps the riff sit better in the mix as well as adding complexity. All sorts of modulation effects can be added, and you can do some really mad stuff with effects that have sidechains (feed the side chain with a totally different track), and even just twiddling the knobs "live" adds to the movement of the track

so anyway, try taking one of the less impressive sounding freeware synths and then concentrate on making it sound good rather than taking a good sounding synth and being lazy with your production.

Hope this helps

Matthew aka DJ Underloop
mrc nice1, cheers.

oh s*it man, what was i saying?

It took 0.66 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page