Radio listeners 151+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 studio mixing

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
TartanTerror2119 i wanted to start mixing again after not doing any for a few years after losing my decks in a move, i've been playing around in FL studio trying to do i a mix that way but when i fit the track to the tempo it doesn't sound right with some tracks the kickdrum doesn't sound as beefy etc

does anyone know how i can fix this?
MusicILove
quote:
Originally posted by TartanTerror2119:
i wanted to start mixing again after not doing any for a few years after losing my decks in a move, i've been playing around in FL studio trying to do i a mix that way but when i fit the track to the tempo it doesn't sound right with some tracks the kickdrum doesn't sound as beefy etc

The reason is your software is trying to speed it up whilst keeping the pitch the same. It's the same as master tempo. This option can be disabled but I don't know how in FL studio. I use DJ software to speed my tracks and re record them before I put them in to a DAW.
Si Thompson Why is anyone doing DJ mixes in a DAW?
MusicILove
quote:
Originally posted by Si Thompson:
Why is anyone doing DJ mixes in a DAW?

I do them so I can make my own album style mixes. You get a lot of control and can make things sound how you want with advanced eq and filtering. It allows me to be a lot more creative than on hardware. I used to like listening to Gammers ones he used to do and give away.
TartanTerror2119
quote:
Originally posted by Si Thompson:
Why is anyone doing DJ mixes in a DAW?

i tried using VDJ but it sucks using the mouse etc and i have no space for any external equipment

i'm just playing around trying to create something cool when i get bored
LeVzi Doesn't Deckadance still come bundled with FL Studio ? Use that.

DJ_FunDaBounce
quote:
Originally posted by TartanTerror2119:
i wanted to start mixing again after not doing any for a few years after losing my decks in a move, i've been playing around in FL studio trying to do i a mix that way but when i fit the track to the tempo it doesn't sound right with some tracks the kickdrum doesn't sound as beefy etc

my guess is you're using the wrong pitch warp algorithm. Think I read somehwere that fl studio has some. In cubase there are a few to choose to chose from, though there is an even beeter option. Resampling.

check this vid out on the subject:

It took 0.62 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page