Radio listeners 186+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 Needles?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Elation i was just wonderin what kind of needles you lot use and maybe why you like em.

i use Ortofon - Night Club. i never had a preference when i bought em. i just liked how smooth they were and i didnt know too much about needles then either. if i bought new ones, id get tough f**kers for scratchin with.

(:(:happyhardcoresmiles:):)
DJ Mouse My ones are stanton 505's the quality of them are just brilliant,came free with the decks

DJ Mouse In Da House!!!
plasma I like to scratch, so I've been using shure sc-35's. they are good for all applications.

It's ok to be drunk before noon.
Elation hey Plasma...you got any more info on the Shure needles? ive seen ads for them claiming to be "THE BEST" and have always wondered about them. dont they cost a friggin arm and a leg?

Lixx Ha. You use ortofon's are think shure's cost an arm and a leg. Sorry. Actually, they are the absolute best deal in needles. The SC35C's are what I have too, they were $35 each. Top of the line shures you can find for under $60 each, and they are excellent. If you have ortofon's I'd stick with those until you need to switch, but no there's no reason to get them again at over $100 a pop. Go to 123dj.com and look around if you wanna compare prices.
-Lixx

Elation ummm...really. i thought i remembered seeing an ad for em and they was crazy expesive. maybe i was lookin at the top o the line ones. yea, my ortofon's were very up there in price too. theyre very very nice dont get me wrong, but they dont scratch the best. theyre for more straight play.

thanks for the link though.

MC RizlaDizla I got Stanton groovemaster 2000.

£175. But they come with there own little boxes. Hit the record with a baseball bat and it still wont skip or jump.

"Oh my goodness, Oh my Gosh. Here we go with a badboy rush".
DJ Pathfinder i have the standard pro stanton needles.

You can't see me,because i am the future.
dj-efeks i got ortofon dj-s... they are nice, but yeah perdy expensive

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
feel the fury... hardcore. never. dies
virus you shouldnt share needles.. you can get std's that way. :P

Brian K ummmmm std's from needles? and just what do they teach you guys up in canada? =P

"do not dream, you dreamed about me"
MC RizlaDizla I always clean b4 a hit

"Oh my goodness, Oh my Gosh. Here we go with a badboy rush".
DJ Pathfinder std's whats that?

You can't see me,because i am the future.
Brian K std = sexually transmitted disease

yummy stuff, you can learn all about it if you take a course in microbiology =)
I can't wait till we get to flesh eating bacteria

Elation does anyone have any angles on your needles? you know where you attach the cartridge to the head shell.

ive got mine turned in a wee bit. dunno why really, i guess cause the guy i learned from had them like that. they seem to stick alright.

anybody have any tips on it???

Brian K a buddy of mine made custom headshells out of legos so he could personalize the angle of his needles =D

i angled mine a little bit towards the inside so make them stick a little better, i guess it depends on the needles themselves and the quality of them...

SorceryKid In most cases it's best to angle the cartridge inwards about 10 to 15 degrees to the groove of the record. This can help to prevent skipping esp. while back-cueing. Keep in mind that in the long-run this supposedly causes "record-burn".

--DJ SorceryKid
Peter_Gozenya It is all about the shure needles. Ortofons suck butt. The sound is no where as good as the shures, and ortofons love to eat your records, Especially if you dont have your tone arm calibrated right. Ortofons just have a lil more bass kick to them, but as far as i am concerned the BEST needles out there are the shure M44g for mixing or scratching and if you are mostly a scratch dj the shure m447 is what you want to get. Shure has the best sound reproduction and they will not eat your records for breakfast no matter how hard you backque or how much weight you run. one word for ya... SHURE

Just cause your smart doesn't mean you can't act stupid!!!

It took 1.08 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page