Radio listeners 171+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 6 IZ a BANGER!!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
SINIZTA i just want 2 say that i just bought HHC chap 6, and it iz
the shiznit!probably my fav(behind #3!)i mean with songz
like scott brown's-turn up the music,inerstate's(scott brown)-
roll the track, plus sum hella anthems like flying high,
and come together!!!and there's a bunch more also(about u,
drifting on a dream,.................)shit i ain't even listen 2 the whole
thing completly yet!but i am damn sure satisfyed,MUCH RESPECT!!!

{Got 2 B hardcore, and I'am here 2 set it off!!!}
milo u thought 6 was that good? hm, it's good, i thought 4 was the best though, after 3 of course. 6 was a bit... floaty? for me

"It's all good..."
Lixx Chapter 6 is great, but my favorite is 5 since it's just a unique mix from my point of view. I can't decide whether I like 3 or 4 better so they can tie for second.
-Lixx

silver I don't buy CD's myself, but at least these releases bring HHC to the masses... Now all I need is a series of my own :)

----------------------------------
you, me and hardcore forever.
Phayze I liked 6.. its pretty chill.. drift on a dream is deffinetly a good one. I don't usually buy the cds, more vinyl than anything but personally i like 4 the best.. they're all good tho..

[Phayze]
Simon Yeah its really good especially drift on a dream. I just thought that both force & styles tunes although good were not up to their usual high standard!!!!

SINIZTA i here u silver!much respect 2 anabolic frolic, just b cause he
brings HHC 2 me!without his collection, i would probably not
know about this great muzik!around where i live, hardcore
iz not very big!it's very hard 2 find the related c.d.'s!it's all
straight breakbeat around here(weak most of the time)and
a little bit of DnB!but yeah i do think 6 was that good!3 was a
masterpiece though, sum of the best beatz i ever heard!!!
but n all, i think the whole collection was good!most definetly!

******FlYiNG h|gH******
CDJay Yea, 6 is v nice, but I like 5 as well.

Have a listen to Make Believe on Chapter 6, it summarises why I don't like vinyl very nicely :)

D.Jay

"Some people see things as they are... and say "Why?"
I dream things that never were, and say "Why Not?" "
ourhappyhardcore way too much nu skool sound , a little too trancey for meh, especially the first track, rest is banging!!!!!! come 2gether.. blleecccchhhh other than that. great cd, toy town vocal.. finally

MAX RESPEKTS**

sam eye am
Brian K minus the fact that they are all mixed on a computer, my only other grievance with his cds are they are to damn dawdling, try moving the pitch control into the positives.....

"do not dream, you dreamed about me"
CDJay OMG u HAVE to be joking? Mixed on PC? Why the HELL didn't he use Digitally sourced tracks then?

Argh, now I'm mad :(

D.Jay

silver Computer mixed... Yes they are... but they do have advantages meaning you get a better quaility recording as everything is digital but the down side is that it is not really mixed.

CDJay That's my point, we didn't get a better quality recording.

Admittedly Turn up the Music sounded pretty good, but Look at me Now and Make Believe ( oh yea, that Hixxy track near the end too ) sounded AWFUL. There is just no way they were digitally sourced, they may have ended up digital before being mixed on computer, but why the hell didn't he just get a DAT or DAT sourced CD, given that the end result would BE on CD. This is even more the case if it was mixed in the digital domain.

I think I'll have to have a rant at Anabolic about this :P

D.Jay

DJ Mouse one real downside to a digital mix is you get lots of "pops" as i call them in the mix,where the beats are too close together and phase cancellation occurs,hence it sounds as if there's no beats. classic case of that is on bonkers 7 hixxy's mix,nearly every mix is like that on the cd

--------------------------------------------------
DJ Mouse In Da House!!!
http://clubstation.esmartmusic.com id='marquee'>
CDJay u think so?

I figured the pops and clicks were down to the vinyl sourced tracks.

I've heard a few mixes done from CDs ( Digitally sourced ) and no pops at all.

This is something I should get clued up on eh?

Cheeerz

D.Jay

DJ Mouse obviously you get them from vinyl too,but it's more noticable with digital mixes

DJ Mouse In Da House!!!
Midway_raver One thing i don't like about alot of cd's is unlike tape packs theres no atmosphere with the cd :( But I think digitally mixing the cd's is bad, i wanna here every genuine scratch and proper mix from record to record not a computer doing it for em but on the front it says mixed by sy when it shud say mixed by intel inside.

Ant B
silver Not all CD's are digitally mixed, the "world of" series are not digitally mixed for example.

CDJay Wow, I really think you people are missing the point :)

I dunno about in the States, but here in the UK an increasing number of DJs are mixing from CD Decks. The reasons? Well the obvious one is cost, they can get new tracks into a playable state for pennies, and suddenly all the great new hardcore can be played out. Also there are tracks which have NEVER been released on vinyl, and also one's that are near-impossible to find on 12".

The other reason is that vinyl: pops, clicks, hisses, warps, skips, scratches and generally becomes unplayable very quickly. That's ignoring the insane cost of mastering to dub, and the limited use you can get from them.

You'd think that the big name DJs would have a massive collection of quality tunes from '95 'till now, but unfortunately not, most of them are unplayable.

So, DJs like Breeze, Storm, UFO etc are already mixing from CD, I think a large amount of up and coming DJs are mixing from CD, and this trend will only continue.

If you ARE mixing from CD, and FOR CD, then for the love of god please make sure you are using tracks which are sourced from DAT ( originally ) and not vinyl. There is no need to introduce 2 unnecessary conversion ( D/A then Analog distortion then A/D before mixing ).

The OTHER method of mixing by computer I DO entirely agree w/ is sequencing, where the original elements are used to create a mix far superior ( IMO ) to what could be achieved conventionally. AFAIK that is what the forthcoming Next-Gen album will feature.

D.Jay

Brian K i thought the point was that the tracks were beat matched by a machine and not the ear, hence taking away the need for a dj when the computer can do it

"do not dream, you dreamed about me"
DJ Pathfinder cd mixing.

final scratch is the future

You can't see me,because i am the future.
DJ Mouse exactly,the machine does it,all you gotta do is work out the tempo's of both tracks then timestretch/compress them.
where's the talent in that? i totally disagree with digital mixes.

as for cd mixing,it's all about pushing this button, that button, the other button. however it does take talent to work one and get the mix right,or better still it takes dj skills, so it's acceptable. it's not gonna replace traditional vinyl imo though.

DJ Mouse In Da House!!!
SINIZTA personally i think, mixing records iz da shit! but cd mixing
iz coming up, and i find it interesting also!but besides that,
ya'll guy's actually thought that the hixxy track "come together"
was that bad!i persanally like it very much, 4 the reason, it
soundz very different!the "toytown" track though, i am not feeling
2 good!the sound of it iz just played out, basically!

******FlYiNG h|gH******
Oli G Cd mixing.. although i used to hate it.. is beginning to look like the way forward... shouldnt replace vinyl.. not in a long time, but i dunno

Those new Pioneer CD decks with the vinyl emulation are damn good and i think if you have those lil pitch bend buttons on your decks.. and you use em.. then your gonna be able to convert from vinyl to cd no problem.

Demand was playing off CD & Vinyl at the last slammin (as in two cd decks as well as the two vinyl) and his mixing (no offence cos i know i heard sy say the monitor was ****ed) was the tidyest

so *dunno* cds WILL be the way forward.. but theres all sorts of shit commin out now... the mos (lame cos they dont play hardcore \o/) DJ booth now ahs 5.1 dolby surround monitoring system.. just waiting for djs to make there music on 5.1 surround sound sytems and writing to DVD for test plays + such.

Posibilities will be endless

i know im far off topic

sorry :D

\o/ <o/ \o> <o> /o\ _o/ \o_

It took 1.59 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page