Radio listeners 164+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 hardcore on uk radio-dj silver

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
mj-dream wow i never thought this would happen yet........and galaxy:O i think this is absolutely fantastic congratz to silver and hope ya do us proud
swansea247 great news 2006 gets even better by the day
djDMS Great news, looking forward to the first show.

Nice one Silver.
Chris B Aye mate well done i'll be tuned in for sure.
bulby_g Congrats, good stuff :)
The Doc fantastic we've had nothing since puredance ended their hardcore shows in november!
-Bazza- Great news, but usual crappy time slot.
SixFeet
quote:
Originally posted by -Bazza-:
Great news, but usual crappy time slot.

what gets more listeners, crappy slowed down hardcore aka scouse house (seriously just come back from a club playing it and the last 3 songs were scouse house versions of ham, demo and justin time - here i am 2005 then gammer - love you tonight and finally jimmy j and cru-l-t - 6 days) or actual hardcore?

ryg0r ^^^ not that those songs were originally hardcore. They sample other tracks.

But hey, scouse house is evil and I dont want rips of hardcore tracks (that are rips) to end up as scouse house.
Da Cunney Bugz what what what??? is silver doing a show on standard radio in the uk?
Chris B
quote:
Originally posted by ryg0r:
^^^ not that those songs were originally hardcore. They sample other tracks.

agreed if you listen to other genres you'll realise how much of hardcore rips from them, if it's done well i enjoy it but i think people moaning wen producers from other genres rip from hardcore is beyond lame.

quote:

But hey, scouse house is evil and I dont want rips of hardcore tracks (that are rips) to end up as scouse house.

Lol tbh it is a lotta shite 95% of the time but theres the odd scouse tune thats really good, but hey i dig makina aswell i aint that fussy. If i like it i like it if i dont i dont. I actually find most the new upfront uk stuff really shit and boring but each to there own. Theres still plenty wkd tunes about (including your work) jus takin a lot more effort to find them through all the shit stuff.
DJ Phoenix ^^^ it's on the home page bud

and yeah, it's good news, but i agree with Bazza... We're (Britain) meant to be the pioneers of Hardcore right? So why is it always us that gets the sh*tty time slots?
SixFeet
quote:
Originally posted by ryg0r:
^^^ not that those songs were originally hardcore. They sample other tracks.

i know, loads of hardcore sample other songs but 99% either just sample a bit of the lyrics or at least remix so it isn't a carbon copy of the thing the song they used whereas those i mentioned were just the songs slowed down with the same speed vocals placed over them except love you tnight which had a bit of a breakdown which was just robbed from another song i'd heard before that had been slapped in the middle. the two weren't similar at all either and blended so shitly.

just pisses me off that whenever i ask if they'd play a single hardcore track they go on about how there isn't any interest in it but then they play ripped off versions of them
Chris B
quote:
Originally posted by SixFeet:
just pisses me off that whenever i ask if they'd play a single hardcore track they go on about how there isn't any interest in it but then they play ripped off versions of them

don t worry about it mate loadsa hardcore fans are just as ignorant from my experiences, it may only be a part of a track sampled but when it's a full vocal and the main reason most people like the song it's the same thing to me.

Tbh i dont mind it cos without people doing this we'd have missed out on a lotta quality music. Scouse is massively popular in the north west but dont really get much of a look in elsewhere, about same sized scene as hardcore.

But aye scouse house events are shit, all about real raves .
whittle1 Oh yes i shall be tunning into that one.
Manchester, right next to me
-Bazza-
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Phoenix:
^^^ it's on the home page bud

and yeah, it's good news, but i agree with Bazza... We're (Britain) meant to be the pioneers of Hardcore right? So why is it always us that gets the sh*tty time slots?

Yeah, what's so wrong with having hardcore in the daytime, like 9am-10am? hehe

I'm not sure I can get Galaxy either, might be able to get on DAB, but it's lousy DAB reception here.
Sir Feli great news!! i will be listenin in
silver Should be great exposure for hardcore, please tune in.

Please note I made a mixup on the times and dates (which I took literially) the show will be on air friday night (saturday morning) 1am-2am which is a much better time for ravers and hardcore lovers :)
n664dc I'm having trouble finding the listen again thing on the galaxyfm website, can anyone give me a link?
dj_excy congrats silver m8!
The Doc Is it on or What!
stormpsy hmmm there is nothing linking on the galaxy website to the new show and andi durrant is on till 2am

is it still to be on sky+ed the 12:30 - 3am show anway incase
The Doc the Galaxy website hasn't mentioned anything about this new show! and Silver rekons its on radio, DAB and SKY! Don't hold your breath! See my post -Is it on or what? And does anyone Know who the F**k is Andy Durrant!
stormpsy paul u got urs on now?
The Doc Yeh! I'm sad! I'm just hoping a miricle happens! and SKYS no different!
stormpsy i have it on to and the live web version there the same too hmmmm well there is still 10 mins till its ment to be live anyway but will see
swansea247 im getting impatient now
stormpsy 5 mins to go and its still dancy pop stuff no harder dance to get us in the mood thank god for hhc radio lol
swansea247 1:00am and we still got this crap
stormpsy *looks at watch* *looks at bed*

1 is going to win soon
-Bazza- I can't seem to listen to it anyway, do you have register to listen live on the website?
stormpsy yea

its still pumpin out normal music nothing at all worth on yet

i say yet cos there is still time this guys show ends at 2am lets hope its on then
The Doc BAZZA! its supposed to be f**king everywhere SKY 921 Galaxyfm! has anyone noticed though Radio Listeners on the Website has shot up in the last hour! is it a plot by Silver!
stormpsy might of been away to see if we will tune into it u know like testin the water

where is the listoners area bit? i cant see it lol
stormpsy OMG ITS RnB now
swansea247 OH FFS what the hell is going on?
The Doc Its at the top of the page (By whos online) at the moment there only 69 of us sad twats online but 505 radio listeners (and thats shot up by 50 since my last post) it would of been nice of Silver to let us Know! He did last week!
swansea247 according to galaxy's schedule, the show is not on at all

http://www.galaxy105.co.uk/schedule.asp
stormpsy on line as in the HHC info? thats not galaxys info thats HHC
stormpsy hope its not been delayed again!!!!!
stormpsy right now i have hardcore mixed in with Rnb with realplayer and media player at same time rofl
swansea247 ive just turned it off and put hhc radio on
The Doc Well I've just listened to hhc radio and its SY's mix from hh2 (Thats august) I think I can say for everyone on this website and say we've already got it! GALAXYFM has either got scared or this other schedule Silver keeps on about to accomidate the Hardcore show does not exist!
The Doc Coz to me ANDY DURRENT is GALAXYFM! hes allover their Schedule
stormpsy need HHC go digital we need our own channel lol bout time we did germany did thats how i got into hardcore in 1996

HHC radio been on since 9pm anyway it was more a fact woooot hardcore on british radio now im gutted least HHC is here to stay on live now

someone is going be upset with galaxy my respect for galaxy having it on even at this time was outstanding now its just dropped hope they dont pull a fast one and it was deleyed for medical reasons not opppps we forgot

night all
swansea247 silver has a lot of explaining to do
Underloop
quote:
Originally posted by swansea247:
silver has a lot of explaining to do

Why? Silver isn't programming director at Galaxy. He was asked to do a job (ie host a show) and I imagine he has done that. If Silver knew it wasn't going to air last night then he would have posted about it like he ALWAYS has done. Maybe Galaxy didn't inform him, or maybe they did email/ring him, but he was in Seattle so hasn't got it yet. Either way its not Silver's fault and I'm sure he'll inform us what happened as soon as he gets back.
Blackburn Rovers Well i was well gutted to tune in and it not ****in be on, what a ****in bastard.

Silver please tell us wat went on????
silver I am in Seattle right now as Milo explained in the other topic thread so I am unaware of what happened (or didn't happen as it seems). The shows are pre-recorded as are most shows on galaxy, this also makes it possible to have the set playable on demand minutes after the show. All I can say is that 2 weeks ago Galaxy emailed me saying the shows were delayed 1 week and to start on the 21st because they were launching a bunch of shows at the same time and those other shows were not ready yet so possibly that could be the problem here... but I don't know as I am not able to contact Galaxy on the weekend and I am away from my email at the moment.

I will phone Galaxy on Monday from Seattle and try find out what is going on.
Blackburn Rovers Cheers boss, hopefully it will be on soon.
raver_baby21 does any1 no any good radio stations ??? im more in hardcore heaven stuff not 2 banngin tho if u no wot i mean ! :) x
Underloop
quote:
Originally posted by raver_baby21:
does any1 no any good radio stations ??? im more in hardcore heaven stuff not 2 banngin tho if u no wot i mean ! :) x

http://www.intenseradio.co.uk

http://www.happyhardcore.com/radio
katrinar50
quote:
Originally posted by Underloop:
quote:
Originally posted by raver_baby21:
does any1 no any good radio stations ??? im more in hardcore heaven stuff not 2 banngin tho if u no wot i mean ! :) x

http://www.intenseradio.co.uk

http://www.happyhardcore.com/radio

Nothing like self promotion is there eh?

BTW Underloop is there much init for you if I buy something from your shop?

Kat
Underloop
quote:
Originally posted by katrinar50:

Kat

LOL, just helping a brother out

Well, theres nothing in it for me personally. Theres about $1 - $2 profit on each item in the shop, which is nothing really. It all goes towards station costs though. I keep the prices low because most of the customers are UK based, and shipping is high from the states where the manufacturer is based. I have a new supplier though, which is going live soon so if you want anything from the Cafepress shop you'd better jump on it before its too late!

*edit* I see you already have heh - good choice btw, the "Be Hardcore" design is my favourite one! Thank you
raver_baby21 thank u :) xxx
silver Ok, phoned the station and found out the problems and it was just as I suspected, the other two shows that Galaxy are launching were still not ready and the show was bumped again 1 more week to this weekend. I was told by the programming director that if the other shows are not ready this week there is a 90% chance they will go ahead without the other shows. I will know 100% mid week to if the show will be on this weekend or the next.... but it does look good for this weekend.

Sorry to keep everyone waiting, this is the info direct from the programming director to you.
Da Cunney Bugz im personally made up it werent on this friday, had go gf's nan's bday bash so would of missed it, lookin forward to it on friday though, hope you've given the site a shout out silver!
whittle1 Hopefully it's on this weekend because i'm raving next weekend :)
The Doc Well fingers crossed for this friday! Coz Me, STORMPSY and SWANSEA247 can't handle another night of ANDY DURRANT!
swansea247 ^^^ agreed
djDMS
quote:
Originally posted by Underloop:
quote:
Originally posted by katrinar50:

Kat

LOL, just helping a brother out

Well, theres nothing in it for me personally. Theres about $1 - $2 profit on each item in the shop, which is nothing really. It all goes towards station costs though. I keep the prices low because most of the customers are UK based, and shipping is high from the states where the manufacturer is based. I have a new supplier though, which is going live soon so if you want anything from the Cafepress shop you'd better jump on it before its too late!

*edit* I see you already have heh - good choice btw, the "Be Hardcore" design is my favourite one! Thank you

Intense radio is a brilliant site (not biased in the slightest)!

Think i'll be wearing my 'Hardcore?' T-shirt again at HTID on friday

Good news about the show BTW
silver Further bad news, the show is delayed again for another 1-2 weeks as Galaxy want to launch the three new shows at the same time and the new DnB show is not ready for some reason or another. I'll keep off posting on the news page about it until I have an exact date... sorry peeps... it's coming soon.
Blackburn Rovers Well to honest if there other shows aint ready it shows how much the said presenters really want to do there show. I mean there pre recorded they probs have an hour like u so shud'nt take all that long to record.

But all in all it shud be a good sign for hardcore on the show as a whole coz ur ready & they aint, the stations producers will get pissed off with putting things off for them in the long run & maybe your show will get extended & at a better time slot too.

Good luck with the show anyway Silver, thanks for letting us know.
The Doc Thanks for letting us know Silver! At least it saves me from listening to Andy Durrant again!
silver Talked to Galaxy this week, they are saying the first show should be on 25th of Feb 2006, this is still to be 100% confirmed but just letting everyone know that this is still happening :)
dj_excy nice 1 silver and very best of luck m8
Da Cunney Bugz u not getin pissed off with your show keep being pushed back silver?
Blackburn Rovers I fackin would be defo.
Hardcore4eva bit of a pi55 take now!

What time of the day should it be on silver??
bristolboy05
quote:
Originally posted by Hardcore4eva:
bit of a pi55 take now!

lol dont be silly, it wont be on in the day. it would be on at about 3am till 4am on a tuesday morning most probably.

thats wot u call takin the piss !!!
Da Cunney Bugz
quote:
Originally posted by bristolboy05:
quote:
bit of a pi55 take now!

lol dont be silly, it wont be on in the day. it would be on at about 3am till 4am on a tuesday morning most probably.

thats wot u call takin the piss !!!

you silly silly norti boy

fool^^ lol
The Doc at this rate its gunne be Hardcore classics B4 we've even listened to the show! Hope Silvers changed his mix from the original show! (13th Jan)
25th Feb we wait in anticipation!
silver The reason is that it is delayed is that they are launching three shows at the same time and for promotional reasons they want to launch them all together. I'm not pissed, these things happen all the time.

The show is Friday night 1am - 2 am (technically saturday morning). Which I think is a good time for hardcore music.

As for the music, it's upfront so you wont have to worry about the freshness of the mix.
silver This is from the program director of Galaxy:

"Just had a meeting and we are CONFIRMED to start next Friday, the 3rd March."

So hopefully everything is a go :)

Going to post top page news about it shortly.
Da Cunney Bugz do radio shows have any way of knowing how many peops are tuning in at anyone time?
whittle1 I really hope it's on next weekend cos i'm starting to loose my rag, i have stayed up two previous nights before tuned into Galaxy and alas, nothing.
silver
quote:
Originally posted by Da Cunney Bugz:
do radio shows have any way of knowing how many peops are tuning in at anyone time?

I'm sure they do. Listening in after the show has played live from their website will also give them some idea :)

If the show is popular it will continue and possible more shows and longer times :)
The Doc Can't wait but the start date (March 3rd) is probably the worst date of the year to start a new Hardcore radio show! (most lucky people will be in Pontins!) so everyone listen during the week!
silver Not on the official radio site yet but found this from a press release:

http://www.digitalradionow.com/featuredprogrammes.php
Hardcore4eva ^^Sweet as^^
DJ_Cliffraves Best wishes for the new show on galaxy fm Silver as it will deffo give this site a boost of people! to listen to the hardcore!!!!!!!! ;)
so we'll notice more n more tuned! keep up good work silver
pushing hardcore to new limits! hardcore will never die!

The Doc OMG! it must be true! hh! don't forget eveyone while we're waiting for this show KUTSKI's on Radio1 tomoz!(sorry Silver for the plug but Hardcore should be on every Radio station) can't wait for Friday!
stormpsy and ust think 60% of the listoners are going be stuck in a room in southport at the hardcore weekender
silver On the Galaxy schedule:

http://www.digitalgalaxy.co.uk/schedule.asp

Just digital, DAB, sky, cable, internet etc.
FriedRice Wow i wish we had hardcore radio here in AUS, all we have is pop stations and "classic hits" lol
Nesa i know eh,
australian especially sydney radio staions suck
sydney loves its bloody rnb and they dont even have a proper rnb station apart from 96.1 which is just pretty much starting up
wot chance do we ravers have of listening our music on the radio.

CMON sum1 plz start a hardcore station in sydney
FriedRice Right on the money nesa, i remember they once had a trance station on like 99.9 or somethin but that was it.
We are destined to listen to the veronicas and delta goodrem lol
jenks ^^ Pirate radio is your answer ;)
Blackburn Rovers
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
On the Galaxy schedule:

http://www.digitalgalaxy.co.uk/schedule.asp

Just digital, DAB, sky, cable, internet etc.

Does this mean it aint gonna b on FM??
silver
quote:
Originally posted by Blackburn Rovers:

Does this mean it aint gonna b on FM??

That seems to be the case, at least for the first few weeks as they trial hardcore on their station (they have never played it before) so tune in!
Hardcore4eva This still aint on the Galaxy102 Website??

It still on 2nite Silver??
Blackburn Rovers
quote:
This still aint on the Galaxy102 Website??

It still on 2nite Silver??

Yea Silver please double check its gonna b on Galaxy all over the UK so i can remember to tune in at 1am on my DAB.

Thanks.

Dave Tee So is it not on normal radio then?

What tunes do you play Silver? Or is it a surprise
Jax im not 100% but i think he said it was going to be upfront uk hardcore

edit: ill be cutting my night out short by an hour to tune into this, im expecting it to be awsome, good luck silver
fordmondeo a webpage for the show has appeared on the galaxy website.

http://www.digitalgalaxy.co.uk/Article.asp?id=182348

It says you can listen to the show on the internet as well once it has finished.
matt1206 I'm just on the galaxy website now, and the digital listen live link isn't working, and I'm getting Andy Durrant on DAB, and not miss monypennies as it says it should be on the site
swansea247 same here, i was listening to it then it just went off
matt1206 I can see this not happening again :-(
The Doc oh no! me and Swansea have been here before! its always f**king Andy Durrant!
swansea247 it's back on now, YAY
matt1206 I still can't listen live to this....is it on for anyone else?
The Doc Its on sky but not on my DAB so i've pm Swansea to see what he's on!
matt1206 damn, I don't have sky, I've only got freeview, and we can't get galaxy it, and I'm only getting Andy Durrant on my DAB radio
swansea247 go to http://www.digitalgalaxy.co.uk all you have to do is register then listen
stormpsy WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT it finally got here!!

i forgot till like 5 mins ago cos i was on the HHC radio lol

nice one silver

what.......... adverts???? nooooooooooooooo
matt1206 I'm already registered with Galaxy, and logged in, but the "Listen Now" isn't changing when I hover over it to click it
stormpsy if it helps matt adverts on on right now!!! i sky+ it rofl
Taiko http://exodus.interoutemediaservices.com/?id=4aa8fb48-0e58-4016-a925-3e51a290d171&delivery=stream

Used that link to get connected, unsure if it'll work.
The Doc cheers mate for that link its now on Windows but i can't get it on DAB (still Andy Durrant) and I've registersd to Galaxy and can't get this on their page either! is their 2 different Galaxy radio stations or something I'm up in North Wales! sounds f**king great though!
Taiko No clue, I only found it by a fluke. Good from what I've heard so far, plenty new tunes.
stormpsy errrr

is it a pre recorded version to the live? cos i hear no tune so far that i heard on the live feed
swansea247 ^^^the entire show is pre-recored
stormpsy the tune that was on 2 mins ago is on that link but the tune that folowed wasnt the live tune it was diff (46 miniutes into the link feed was the same on the sky but the song at link)
stormpsy wow radio version it was 2 tunes before angels 30 secs later with some guy running and adverts then happyness

the link went from tune 1 to angels for 3 mins then ends very odd!!
stormpsy wicked mix silver welldone

conrragts all round for gettin it on radio
Blackburn Rovers Well could we please have some kind of clarification??

I mean i dont have internet or sky at home only DAB & FM radio, i wasnt able to listen to it at all last night, just had some bull shite Hed Kandi & shitty House music.

The way silver put it that the whole Galaxy network could get it via Sky, Internet & DAB it certainly dont seem like that tho.
silver Thanks for everyone that tuned in, I hope you all liked the kick off show as it took a while to start. I obviously can't listen to the show myself live so please let me know what problems you had listening in and I will try to find out from Galaxy what the deal is.
Blackburn Rovers
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
Thanks for everyone that tuned in, I hope you all liked the kick off show as it took a while to start. I obviously can't listen to the show myself live so please let me know what problems you had listening in and I will try to find out from Galaxy what the deal is.

Listen to it now on their site with the listen again function, i've noticed on there site it say's you can listen to it on Galaxy Digital which is on DAB & Sky channel 0171 but i cant get it on DAB, can you please ask them if future shows will b on DAB?

Thanks...

Show sounds good tho, quality mixing keep it coming.
The Doc yeh same here I thought it was on DAB aswell! but had that twat Andy Durrant on the Manchester station! Is it going to be on DAB in the future?
whittle1 That was a little bit different from what you normally do Silver, but none the less interesting and top!
silver Here is the line from Galaxy on exactly where and how you can pick the show up:

"The show is broadcast on Galaxy Digital. This means that people listening to Galaxy on Sky, Telewest or NTL can hear the show, as can listeners via www.digitalgalaxy.co.uk and via DAB Digital Radio in London, Scotland, Nottingham and Leicester."

I hope that helps stop the confusion :)

Anyone can listen to the show again here for the week (the more plays the more hardcore will get on galaxy):

Direct link to WMA stream:
http://exodus.interoutemediaservices.com/?id=4aa8fb48-0e58-4016-a925-3e51a290d171&delivery=stream

Mixes:
http://www.digitalgalaxy.co.uk/sectional.asp?id=6671

DJ Silver page on Galaxy:
http://www.digitalgalaxy.co.uk/Article.asp?id=182348
bent_bananna shud be able to download and save that set dj silver did
jenks Liking the mix Silver, didn't start like I expected but cool none the less.

Might be a good idea for people to leave some good comments here:

http://www.digitalgalaxy.co.uk/contactus.asp

;)
The Doc soz to go on about this everyone but still can't get it in the north west!
silver This weeks show is up, tune in the more listens we get the more of a chance we can get to move the show onto FM as well :)

Direct link to 10th of March 2006 mix on Galaxy

http://lonwle.interoutemediaservices.com/%7Ba9a4a063-f1c0-4632-95bd-fc4195dddc37%7D/%7B26ba32ef-72d0-4fc2-9a7b-cc4c07a1c58c%7D/hardcore%20LA.wma
Da Cunney Bugz how do they know how many listeners they're getting???
scrunchie_liver Yes Mate!!
awesome to here hardcore back on the radio. since i came away to uni the hardcore scene is not as big in leeds as around home.
glad to see ill be able to get a weekly dose of new music rather than having to waith for the monthly vibealite nights at mission although on that front now they are permanent score!!!
dj_excy awesome mix silver sweet stuff keep it up m8
silver March 17th 2006 mix is up for the show... very bangin, very upfront and loads of promo... 178BPM :p

DJ Silver - March 17th 2006 Galaxy FM

Tune in :)

It took 6.39 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page