Radio listeners 154+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Hardcore Nation 3 - 3 CDs 54 hardcore anthems

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
silver Taken from the news page:

After the massive success of its predecessors, WMTV and Nukleuz have teamed up once again for the latest instalment of Hardcore Nation. Selling over 100,000 copies to date, this series has shown the ever-popular appeal of the hardcore sound.

Hardcore Nation 3 is a fantastic triple CD set offering 54 massive hardcore anthems. Packed with the biggest and best tunes from the scene, both past and present, this album is an unmissable addition to the Hardcore Nation series.

Once again the album features the mixing skills of DJ Seduction, Stu Allan and Robbie Long who are all well-established and in-demand names on the hardcore scene. So get out your glow-sticks and go party hardcore style!

Disc 1 - DJ Seduction
Seduction & Gammer - Put Ya Hands Up 2006
Seduction & Joey Riot - Turn Up The Bassline
Gammer - Cube Negative
Sy & Unknown - U R My Fantasy (Hardcore Nation Mix)
Seduction & Joey Riot - Out Of The Blue
Dougal & Gammer - Rhythm Master
DJ Seduction feat. Alison Wade - All Around The World
Filthy Louca - Teardrops (Sy & Unknown Remix)
Insomnia - Hardcore Time
Diverse - The Spirit
Nu Foundation - Takin My Time (Remix)
Seduction & Styles feat. Alison Wade - Sunlight
Seduction & Joey Riot - Rock This Party
Dougal & Gammer - Unidentified
UFO - Tears
Seduction & Gammer feat. Alison Wade - Bright Star
Stu Allan - Music''s Got Me (Seduction Remix)
Sparky & Sytronik - Let It Shine

Disc 2 - Stu Allen
Audioscape & Sparky - Hardcore Nation
Ineffect & Gammer ft. Ali - Stuck In A Moment
Heaven 7 - Dance With Me (Joey Riot Remix)
Audioscape - Walk Away (Breeze & Styles Remix)
Stu Allan - Far Away
Impact & Resist - Runaway
Scott Brown - Wakey Wakey
Gammer feat. Compulsion - The Call (Scott Brown Remix)
Robbie Long & Stormtrooper - The Hitmen (Sy & Unknown Remix)
Dougal & Gammer - Tell Me A Story (Sy & Unknown Remix)
Brisk & Ham - I''ve Got A Feelin'' (Dougal & Gammer Remix)
Stu Allan - Take My Hand
Dreadhed - On Fire (Hixxy Remix)
Bombay - Shooting Star (Stu Allan Remix)
Trinity - Like The Sun (Dougal & Gammer Remix)
Visa - All Of My Life (Joey Riot Remix)
Tarantino - Pulp Fiction (Stu Allan''s Hardcore Kill Bill Remix)
HNK - A-Team (Rob Da Rhythm & Al Twisted''s E-Team Remix)

Disc 3 - Robbie Long
Robbie Long & Stormtrooper - Nation of Hardcore Intro mix featuring MC Ethos
DJ Stormtrooper - Phatt Bwoy
Smith & Western - Chicken Lips
Robbie Long & Stormtrooper - Stick Em
Ham & Robbie Long - Entertain Your Brain
AMS & Robbie Long - Hardcore Rush
AMS - Keep Rockin
BK - POS 51 (Robbie Long & Stormtrooper Remix)
Ethos - Watch Out
DJ D-Lyte - Da New Joint
Simon Apex feat. Sam Davage - The Light
Robbie Long & Stormtrooper - Work That Sucka
Mario Picotto - The Lizard (Robbie Long & Stormtrooper Remix)
Hixxy - More & More
Injured Rezz and the MD - To The Rave
DJ Milo - ****in Trip on XTC
The Prodigy - Voodoo People (Pendulum Remix)
Stabilized - Learn 2 Dance (AMS Remix)

Hardcore Nation 3
Cotts Its a massive cd ill give it that one, best cd compilation i have heard in ages. Damn worth getting it.
luminate bloody voodoo ppl :p
thrashed everywhere and now it makes it onto a hardcore compilation...
good track tho :P
josh_htid The first two didnt really impress me that much but this one looks like its gonna be massive, can't wait ti buy it.
DigitalForces Its alrite like. Some good tunes, mainly the trance classics that are remixed or covered.

Wouldnt pay for it though ;)
Capt.Neon-Coeval i what that album so bad
i hate being poor
Smoogie Disopointing is my word on the CD...

Seduction's mix, unlike the last one has no Bouncey Techno and sounds the same as Stu Allen's mix, which has the worse remix of I'v got a feeling and Shooting Star I have ever heard! (I might make a seperate rant about this sometime)
Most of these tracks don't even sound Hardcore let alone make you want to dance all night to them, it is another sighn of the Mainstream Upfront Uk Hardcore is slowly become 'club music'

Robbie Long's mix, not much better, a bit more difefrence but nothing special IMO.

I have heard many good stuff this year (Old and new) but this has to be my least favorate Hardcore CD I have brought this year and I wouldn't hesitate to question buying the forth, which if sounded the same as this, then I wouldn't by it.

End of.

Edit:- This rant made my 900th post!
kathryn
quote:
Originally posted by josh_htid:
The first two didnt really impress me that much but this one looks like its gonna be massive, can't wait ti buy it.

Are you kidding^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
They were probably the best realeases by far and i cant wait to get number3!
Its just ashame its influenced more by the sounds of trance and not a lot of hardcore!
The adverts great have seen it on channel 4 a couple of times and i dont have a problem with the lady doing the voice over!
Mauro Picotto? thought he was Trance!
Theres still some famaliar tunes in there aswell and not much difference to some other hardcore compilations!
Will just have to give it a listen myself!
Leto
quote:
Originally posted by kathryn:
Mauro Picotto? thought he was Trance!

It's the Robbie Long & Stormtrooper remix however...so, it's hardcore.
Mr igloo I just can't wait to listen to Robbie Longs mix :) except for some of the songs on his mix.
djDMS Quite a few songs that jump out at me from the preview clips on all 3 mixes.

Sounds worth buying just for Robbie Long's mix
whittle1 I've got no bunsen burner, but as soon as i have some cash, that's where it's going, on this album!
I've heard a few sound clips of Hardcore Nation 3, and personally i think it's sounding fantastic.
Uproar I can't buy this until Friday. I hate work.
Cotts how can you say that smoogie! Robbie long's cd is all about what IS hardcore! its awesome! (its my favourite style robbie long and stormtrooper stuff)

and seductions mix kicked ass!, (I never listened to stu allens, too mainstream like bonkers for me)
clarke101
quote:
Originally posted by Cotts:
how can you say that smoogie! Robbie long's cd is all about what IS hardcore!

And over played DnB

jenks
quote:
Originally posted by Smoogie:

Seduction's mix, unlike the last one has no Bouncey Techno and sounds the same as Stu Allen's mix,

I don't remember hearing any bouncy techno on hardcore nation 2...
DigitalForces ive slightly changed my mind on hardcore nation 3. I think most of you will find you will get into the new tunes eventually... When I listen to any new cd the first time I always think ive wasted my money but i always throw it back in the cd player sometime later and end up liking and getting used to the tunes.

I agree with some previous comments.. some of the tunes are VERY cheesy, like im talking production wise. And somebody mentioned alot of them sounding very trancy thats because for alot of them theyr genre is labeled as 'Trancecore' which im sure you have all heard of. Mauro Picottos remix is shit IMO, the original is far better. System F's - Out Of The Blue cover is decent enough.
jenks
quote:
Originally posted by DigitalForces:
ive slightly changed my mind on hardcore nation 3. I think most of you will find you will get into the new tunes eventually... When I listen to any new cd the first time I always think ive wasted my money but i always throw it back in the cd player sometime later and end up liking and getting used to the tunes.

I agree with some previous comments.. some of the tunes are VERY cheesy, like im talking production wise. And somebody mentioned alot of them sounding very trancy thats because for alot of them theyr genre is labeled as 'Trancecore' which im sure you have all heard of. Mauro Picottos remix is shit IMO, the original is far better. System F's - Out Of The Blue cover is decent enough.

Then it's been wrongly labeled ;)
kathryn
quote:
Originally posted by jenks:
quote:

Seduction's mix, unlike the last one has no Bouncey Techno and sounds the same as Stu Allen's mix,

I think hes stuck in a time warp!
bouncy techno on his brain!
smoogie please in your own words define bouncy tecno!

bulby_g
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Quite a few songs that jump out at me from the preview clips on all 3 mixes.

Sounds worth buying just for Robbie Long's mix

That's the reason I got the first two and the reason I'll get this one :)

Shame about voodoo people being on there though... I really have had enough of it.

quote:
Originally posted by DigitalForces:
And somebody mentioned alot of them sounding very trancy thats because for alot of them theyr genre is labeled as 'Trancecore' which im sure you have all heard of.

Trancecore... None on these CD's :P Trancecore was old freeform.
Uproar Well, I walked into HMV today to pick up Hardcore Nation 3 and ended up leaving with Platinum Happy Hardcore, The Ultimate Happy Hardcore Album and Decadance's Hardcore so I probably be buying Hardcore Nation 3 next week.
Smoogie
quote:
Originally posted by kathryn:
quote:
Originally posted by jenks:
quote:

I think hes stuck in a time warp!
bouncy techno on his brain!
smoogie please in your own words define bouncy tecno!

The 'sound' that sounds like a piano but a bit differnt. It has a melody to it and sounds funky. The oldest of this 'sound' I have heard goes back to 1991 but I would like to hear older also. Bouncy Techno dosn't just mean Techno with hard 'kicks' does it?
Chris B
quote:
from wikipedia

Bouncy techno (also known as happy gabber, funcore or tartan techno - see terminology) is a rave hardcore dance music style circa 1992, mostly emanating from the United Kingdom and the Netherlands. Originally, it was influenced by the music found in the scene in the north of the United Kingdom (Scotland, North East England and Northern Ireland), where European (mostly from Belgium and Italy) produced techno was widely played.

A combination of techno staccato riffs with off-beat stabs at a fast tempo, this basic sounding hardcore music popularized by record producer Scott Brown was prominent in the north United Kingdom rave scene and soon in the Netherlands, with the Dutch similarly producing large quantites of this lighter more melodious gabber-like style. [1] By the mid-1990s, this music would change the English happy hardcore breakbeat-driven style away from its breakbeat hardcore origins, more-or-less becoming a happier variant of bouncy techno.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bouncy_techno = theres a whole article here smoogie you should read it, covers it pretty well.

Seductions stuffs definitely not bouncy techno, i see where your comin from with the riffs but it's still uk hardcore it just doesnt sound like what i'd call bouncy techno.

I love it myself especially the dutch stuff, i'd like to here some new stuff in that style get released but theres loads from 93-96 out there.

Read wikipedia anyway mate should sort out in your head what bouncy techno is
djDMS Bought HN3 yesterday and overall it's pretty good.

No big surprises on Seduction's mix but some killer tunes on there.

Stu Allen's mix doesn't do a lot for me i'm afraid, some good tracks but some awful ones too.

As for Robbie Long's mix - a cracker, as good as i'd hoped it'd be. And no, i don't mind 'Voodoo people' being on there.
jenks Pretty dissapointed to be honest, Robbie Longs mix made it worth it. Seductions was OK and Stu Allan's was a coaster, seriously he should of been banned from using his own tracks and remix's on it.

At the moment it's my least favourite of the series, although that could all change after I give it a few more listens :)
Mr igloo Okay, I love Robbie Longs mix besides More & More, the Pendulum remix of Vodoo people and, F*ckin' Trip On XTC. But thats ok! the rest of the mix makes up for it and is just great, I definately love Watch Out by Ethos & Stormtrooper its just such a tune :-o but on to the other mixes.

Seductions was ok

Haven't even listened to Stu Allens and Im not planning to haha >:)

Hopefully the next HN will be RLN 4 (Robbie Long Nation 4)
loanraver im loving this Hardcore Nation 3 Glad i bought this, C.D 3 is the best by far and track 9 is a tuuuuuuuuuuune!
WATCH OUT FOR THE SOUND, WATCH OUT FOR THE DANGER!
terror Ill have some of that
Hardwired Raver I brought HN3 and CD 1 for me anyway is by far the best Tracks 3,5,14 and 15 are the best But the best has to be track 5 Out Of The Blue CD 2 is ok not as good as CD 2 On HN2 And I dont really think much of CD 3 again HN2 CD 3 was better But thats my Opinion.
ferocious
quote:
Originally posted by Chris B:
Seductions stuffs definitely not bouncy techno, i see where your comin from with the riffs but it's still uk hardcore

Yeah, it's like the bouncy-take on the current sound from the UK. The big dow-dow-dow riff on "POS 51" from CD3 is a good example of the bouncy techno influence, and the opening track "Put Ya Hands Up" has a classic rave sound using lots of fast notes. Some labels like Quosh used the bouncy techno word for their new stuff before they all started to use "UK Hardcore".

I quite like most of CD3 on this one and some from the others is OK too. I'm not too keen on the club trance vocal kind of sound but others may well do, so there's likely something for everyone. I've noticed the advert a few times on TV too, which must be a good thing. It made me take notice of the CD in the first place, as I don't really get the chance to surf the net!

tru bass does it have any gabba? if it does i might think of buying it
djDMS
quote:
Originally posted by tru bass:
does it have any gabba? if it does i might think of buying it

Not even a tiny bit.
tru bass
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
quote:
Originally posted by tru bass:
does it have any gabba? if it does i might think of buying it

Not even a tiny bit.

i aint buyin it then!
bulby_g Got it now :) Robbie Long's mix was fantastic and the others were meh. Just what I expected really.
Uproar I finally got this today. I'm half way through Stu Allan's mix and I must say it's quite poor. Seduction's mix was alright. I've yet to listen to Robbie Long's mix (save the best 'till last ).
Sk8SiM
quote:
Originally posted by bulby_g:
Trancecore... None on these CD's :P Trancecore was old freeform.

I strongly disagree... Evan though that’s most likely true in the scene!!! I couldn't care never the less lol...

For starters, Freeform has to have ACID in it, for it to be defined as freeform!!! Doesn’t it?

And Trance most the time needs some form of "PAD!" or upliftingness!
Most freeform these days hardly ever has soft or uplifting pads!
It’s mostly just REALLY HARD SYTHS!!!!

Now... go back to bonkers 10...
Listen to....
CLSM - Sound of the Future
CLSM - Liberation

^^^^^ NOW THAT’S TRANCECORE!!!
There Pad elemented, uplifting and like all trance, they drag on like a bitch... for that all important anticipated lead!!!!

Then listen to...
K Complex - Outta Control
Marc Smith - Revival

^^^^^Not the same as TranceCore is it!!!!

MOST freeform is structured the same as hardcore (not trance) full of hard edged syths and are just... F*CKING IN YOUR FACE!!!

S'all Good Tho

See where I'm coming from???!!!
i couldn't give a toss what ANYONE says...
TRANCECORE IS DIFFRENT!!!!

Its just... seams to be dead That’s all!!!!

WITCH SUCKS!!!!!
Trancecore OWNS MAN!!!!
Chris B Hahahahaha your mad sk8sim

Trancecore is early freeform, or what freeform came from.

Not sayin they sound exactly the same but neither does nu style to old gabber, or uk hardcore to happy hardcore.
Sk8SiM
quote:
Originally posted by Chris B:
Hahahahaha your mad sk8sim

Trancecore is early freeform, or what freeform came from.

Not sayin they sound exactly the same but neither does nu style to old gabber, or uk hardcore to happy hardcore.

HUmmm Very true

but no matter what anyone says, I'll remain a stubbon wanker on this subject I'm a trancewhore man lol
Funny, as i wouldn't say i know tons about it - well, not compaered to hardcore anyways...

but you listen to some freeform and its very uplifting a has a HUGEEEEE element of trance in it...
and then you listen other tracks that ent got anything reomotly trance in it!!! but is just... **** YEAH!!!!
but its still freeform?
but IMO... that what freeform is and was in the first place!
confussing ay!

Come to think of it...
http://www.di.fm/edmguide/edmguide.html
Its an old site, so give it some credit!

Ignore the samples, but just read what it says about trancecore and freeform (highlighting what it says on trancecore ) and you'll kinda understand where I'm coming from more!

Trancecore
Trancecore and Freeform artists, labels, compilations and music do a lot of bleeding, so don't feel ashamed if you can't tell the difference between the two. Basically, if its hard and driving and trying to **** you up, it's probably Freeform...and if it's uplifting and epic, then it's a Trancecore track you're listening to. Be on the lookout for recycled anthems from Anthem and Epic Trance (as well as that nauseating "NOT Trance" shite). It's actually pretty tolerable, probably because there's no room nor time for 3-minute long breakdowns in Hardcore.

^^^^ there you go
whittle1 I've listened to the first two cd's, there good. Seduction's mix tickles my pickle the most, and i've never been that keen on Stu Allen, but it's listenable! As for Robbie Long, i can't be bothered with him, his music is not my bag. If i'm launching an assault on him, i'd say that i really dislike his mixing and he should be kicked from Hardcore Nation.
Leto Um...Sk8sim, trancecore is early freeform. Bonkers 10 isn't trancecore.

Bonkers 5, Sharkey's mix most certainly is. Actually, Nu Energy was started as an outlet for some trancecore tracks.

It broke from the Happy Hardcore sound. It had a more regular 4/4 sound to it. And it was darker, yet not gabber by any means.

Look to tracks by Helix, early Marc Smith, Sharkey (Distant Future) and of course Eclipse (not Ham, but the trancecore Eclipse).

Freeform is merely an updated version of trancecore.
Maximes3000 It finally came!!!

I got it now and its bangin. Loving the first CD the most, Seduction owns. the album is flawless and I can listen to every track on all 3 CD's without having to skip a track or two! Amazing Album!
Sk8SiM
quote:
Originally posted by Leto:
Um...Sk8sim, trancecore is early freeform. Bonkers 10 isn't trancecore.

Bonkers 5, Sharkey's mix most certainly is. Actually, Nu Energy was started as an outlet for some trancecore tracks.

It broke from the Happy Hardcore sound. It had a more regular 4/4 sound to it. And it was darker, yet not gabber by any means.

Look to tracks by Helix, early Marc Smith, Sharkey (Distant Future) and of course Eclipse (not Ham, but the trancecore Eclipse).

Freeform is merely an updated version of trancecore.

I wasn't talking about ALL bonkers 10 lol, read!! i was talking about just 2 tracks!!!

mostly highlighting CLSM - Liberation...

if anything go back to bonkers 7... and listen to tracks on it like
World Apart - Sonic Boom Boys
nice easy, uplifting, gentle hardcore lol :P
listen to the sruchter of the tracks... is got a HUGE element of trance!!! you can't say it hasn't!!!!

its kinda like hard trance - but bouncy :) nothing really making it stand out to be classed as "hardcore"

Bonkers 7 was crap yes! but it still hadits range of classics! but ... you couldn't call them hardcore!
same goes for alot of tracks you here today to be fair, buyt thats just my opin!
and beleave it or not... to many people who don't know alot about hardcore!
UK HardCore is "Trancecore" lol yep, its true!

i remember when i first got into the UK stuff!
people used to say
"no si... your not hardcore, your Trancecore" like it was 2 diffrent things!!!
being "hardcore" = listening to breakbeat hardcore, freeform, gabba ect!
Trancecore = all hixxy, styles ect

so in a way... you could say... Trancecore was early UK ;)

i quote again from that site
Trancecore
Be on the lookout for recycled anthems from Anthem and Epic Trance (as well as that nauseating "NOT Trance" shite). It's actually pretty tolerable, probably because there's no room nor time for 3-minute long breakdowns in Hardcore.

Epic Trance = all that eurodance club/ibiza stuff! pual van dyk, ATB, oceanlab ect ect!!!
and how much of that stuff has been riped by hardcore artsit ay? :)

Trancecore????

thats why don't get serpriced to here people call UK - trancore! think of it as the same way people say most UK hardcore is house speeded up (some of it is i gotta admit!) you could say trancecore is just trance tracks sped up!

listen to hixxys bonkers 7 mix ;) slow it down a bit... and you have trance!

imo... i couldn't give a **** if trancecore is dead... or if it was early freeform or whatever! imo freeform and trancecore are totally NOT THE SAME!!!
just get a trance track, speed it up a bit, and slap a more bouncy beat on it! and you have trancecore!

Trancecore is more upliftingin them freeform... its more epic and it drags on more!!! trancecore has something known as a "climax" unlike freeform!

World Apart - Sonic Boom Boys = trancecore!

thats my opin on matters
(be aware, I'm a stubbon **** on this subject thanks!)

**********************EDITED******************************

ONE MORE THING!!!!! READ!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trancecore

I QUOTE!!!!
"Many fans of the genre also refer to to it as Freeform, although this term is disupted by some as they claim Freeform constitutes a separate subgenre of Hardcore."

AND HERE I AM
Dave Tee To me tranceore is the old German stuff on labels like EDM, Spaceflower, United Ravers etc. tune like Slashin Funkids - Imagination and the like. Basically hard trance that was fast enough to be hardcore.

Not really bothered about 'genres' tho so I could be wrong, as far as I'm concerned if its good I like it no matter what category any1 puts it in.

Anyway...... I just wanted to ask about 1 song on this cd (I haven't got it yet, might get it in town tomorrow) but from the clips on juno Dj Milo - ****in Trip On XTC sounds like a fookin chooooon. Is it coming out on vinyl?
Phil_G Someone give me this CD i want it so bad but dont have any money :(
bulby_g Sk8SiM - I can see where your getting your ideas from and while they sort of make some sense they're wrong :P As everyone has said... Trancecore is early freeform. It's what happy hardcore is to UK hardcore.
gabbe Wiii! Robbie Long is my newq favoruite DJ!! Excellent tracks, ALL of them (rare ;)
dragonboy W00t! send some to sydney
kayaus22 Seducation threw in some good tracks (Put Ya Hands Up, Out Of The Blue, Musics Got Me, Teardrops), Stu Allan has a few (most songs i've heard before though), and Robbie Long is probably my fav. out of the 3 just b/c his style is diff. Its not the normal vocal hardcore like CD1 & 2
Overall, HN1 & 2 are still better, but maybe this one will grow on me a bit!
this-is-bonkers this is a pretty f***king kick ass album!...i almost exploded with joy when i heard voodoo people...BEST TRACK EVER...not that happy with the remix of learn 2 dance & dance me though.....
The Doc make way for the next one! lol!
Mortis Finally got around to nuying this yesterday, £12.97 from ASDA, not bad. Have to say it's pretty good. Robbie Long's mix is by far the best.
Dain-Ja
quote:
but from the clips on juno Dj Milo - ****in Trip On XTC sounds like a fookin chooooon. Is it coming out on vinyl?

it's been out for over a year on Nukleuz

fun to mix with dnb/breakbeat hardcore

It took 2.34 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page