Radio listeners 156+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Scott Brown Confirms He's Mixing Bonkers 17

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
dj switchback "More to follow..... The new Bonkers compilation has been confirmed. I'll add more details as and when I have them..."

So that will no doubt mean that he wont be on Hardcore Heaven 5. Which means the reported line up for that album is looking more and more likely.
novaboy aww scott brown again :( hate to say it, but im sorta getting bored of his style.. :(
Quicksilver I've never really listened to his mixes, he has a couple of good tracks but gabber and the like is not in my taste. It didn't come as a surprise to me though, that he would mix Bonkers 17.
wong im lookin forward to livewired more than owt
Mortis Gutted
Brainchild I assume that Hixxy and Sharkey will be doing CD's 1 and 2 like they have on almost all the previous albums. I hope Resist don't decide to have him do Hardcore Heaven. If I remember correctly, he did do both Bonkers and Hardcore Heaven last year. Both were released within a few weeks from each other.

I don't care much for his new mixes especially after his so called excuse for a Best of Bonkers mix. Barely an hour long and containing tracks almost entirely produced by himself, which as a whole weren't up to much. Kinda got the idea he didn't care about the whole Best of idea or just didn't want to hang around too long to make a propper attempt at his mix.

His tracks sound basically the same and I don't like his choice for tracks produced by other producers. I personally think they should bring back Dougal, the original 3rd Bonkers DJ but I know that won't happen.
The Doc
quote:
Originally posted by Brainchild:
I assume that Hixxy and Sharkey will be doing CD's 1 and 2 like they have on almost all the previous albums. I hope Resist don't decide to have him do Hardcore Heaven. If I remember correctly, he did do both Bonkers and Hardcore Heaven last year. Both were released within a few weeks from each other.

I don't care much for his new mixes especially after his so called excuse for a Best of Bonkers mix. Barely an hour long and containing tracks almost entirely produced by himself, which as a whole weren't up to much. Kinda got the idea he didn't care about the whole Best of idea or just didn't want to hang around too long to make a propper attempt at his mix.

His tracks sound basically the same and I don't like his choice for tracks produced by other producers. I personally think they should bring back Dougal, the original 3rd Bonkers DJ but I know that won't happen.

I do like SB but agree totally with what you've said! He seems more obsessed these days with his own albums! Apparantly on the grapevine, HH5 is Brisk, Joey Riot and Kev Energy! and B17 is Hixxy - Re-con (surprise) Sharkey and ? and SB and ? (the 2 ? are apparently from the real old days) But to me this just means the album is still months away! (xmas time maybe)

novaboy awwwwwwwwwwww reeeeeeconnnnnnnn...... -_-
Quicksilver That is good news, about Re-Con! :D
Lilley im still hoping for luna-c
dj switchback There will be no Luna C due to some problems. Hopefully Arkitech will be back2back w/ Sharkey.

Not too sure about Re-Con doing it , i'd like it , but i've heard it's gonna be Squad-E this time.

HH5 will be the best from a mainstream point of view. Brisk , Riot & Energy. (As reported)

But there's only gonna be one album for me....Hardcore Underground Volume 2. The 3 TL's looks the best ever!! Talk about diversity and loads of artists....WOW.
Mr igloo
quote:
Originally posted by dj switchback:
But there's only gonna be one album for me....Hardcore Underground Volume 2. The 3 TL's looks the best ever!! Talk about diversity and loads of artists....WOW.

I agree!
whittle1 I'm pleased SB continues his legacy with Bonkers :)
Wish that Luna-C was on B17 though, because it would be a good thing to give Bonkers a new and fresh direction.
novaboy
quote:
Originally posted by whittle1:
I'm pleased SB continues his legacy with Bonkers :)
Wish that Luna-C was on B17 though, because it would be a good thing to give Bonkers a new and fresh direction.

i want squad e! and luna c! really want luna c.. and squad e instead of recon! i hate recons stuff! especially report to the bassline and his remix of save me.. sure hes talented but it gets on my nerves
Brainchild It'll be interesting to see what Hixxy comes up with for his mix as he's already doing another hardcore mix for a forth coming Resist album. I'm always worried that when a DJ does decide to do 2 albums that they'll use many of the same tracks on both. And with Hixxy being one for promotin his own label material, I fear this could be the case.
DarrenJ I hope its scott brown by himself, no disrespect to gammer and neophyte lol
95_was_the_time nothing will ever beat bonkers 3. fact.
dj switchback ^^^

No , that's opinion.
novaboy
quote:
Originally posted by 95_was_the_time:
nothing will ever beat bonkers 3. fact.

wwhat were ur favs of it? mine were 2 of the daydream tracks and spitfire one on hixxys mix
95_was_the_time
quote:
Originally posted by dj switchback:
^^^

No , that's opinion.

hmmm true, but hey, does my music taste rock or what !?!?
95_was_the_time
quote:
Originally posted by _nova_:
quote:

wwhat were ur favs of it? mine were 2 of the daydream tracks and spitfire one on hixxys mix

g'day Bruce, my fave tune on bonkers3 was the remix of tie my kangaroo down sport.

crikey!
novaboy lol
Lilley
quote:
g'day Bruce, my fave tune on bonkers3 was the remix of tie my kangaroo down sport.

crikey!

i do believe its "tie me kangaroo" theres also about 50 other verses that noone can ever remember and i swear they make some of them up on the spot
this-is-bonkers i always knew they'd keep on Scotty! its gives bonkers more vareity & I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE GABBER!!! especially on bonkers ^^ it gives you everything you want!
n/a Id like to see a fresh faced release with some different DJ's.

My ideal lineup would be Slipmatt (94-97 set) Brisk (New Skool set) Art of Fighters (Gabber mix) and Sy (Old Skool mix)

Slipmatt would nail a wicked set of the classics, Brisk could let rip like he does :D the Art of Fighters would bring some slamming gabber to the table and Sy on old skool can scratch it right up.

Dont see why the creators of bonkers cant take a release off.
warped_candykid I wouldnt mind one cd of old cheese like that "Elephant (Stomp Mix), the vocal mix for "Milkyway Of Love" and that track "Fly To The Sky". But I want the speed limit kicked back up to the likes of Bonkers 1 & 2. DJ Sy & DJ Brisk seem to be the only ones that do that now on cd mixes. (I have never heard any producers live, excpet Sunrize). Scott Brown would be ok if he didnt throw in a crappy mix like he has been doing since Bonkers 14. (I dont have Bonkers 16, so I cant say anything, but it sounded like the tracks were short). That brings me around to this, I would rather have a mixed cd of 15-16 tracks instead of these cds that have like 2 min. of each song.
warped_candykid
quote:

Bonkers 1 was better
this-is-bonkers Bonkers 1 & 3 were definatly the best!!

The thing is LeVzi you can't have a bonkers with out Hixxy or Sharkey with the execption of 6 but they still had "Bonkers DJs" I'de like to see Brisk or Slipmatt on Bonkers & i definatly wamnt Dougal or Sy back!!

Isnt Art of Fighters a Gabber "group" ? rather than just one DJ...
wong get dj vince on bonkers
tru bass
quote:
Originally posted by wong:
get dj vince on bonkers

that would be cool....

bonkers could do with a cd like the bonkers 15 scott brown & neophyte one again.
i played that till i knew every inch of them songs lol

and yes art of fighters is a group
Im_British
quote:
Originally posted by Im_British:
CD1: Hixxy
CD2: Re-Con
CD3: Sharkey
CD4: CLSM
CD5: Scott Brown
CD6: Scott Brown (Just Gabba Disk)
CD7: Dougal
CD8: Gammer
CD9: Hixxy & Recon
CD10: Hixxy & Sharkey
CD11: Hixxy & CLSM
CD12: Hixxy & Scott Brown
CD13: Hixxy & Dougal
CD14: Hixxy & Gammer
CD15: Hixxy & Hixxy's Mother
CD16: Hixxy Vocals (Just Hixxy Singing)
CD17: Xmas-themed Hardcore tunes Disk

Bonkers 17 with 17 Disks - Would be ideal thanks.

Oh yeah and 9, 12, and 15 were the best.

It took 1.39 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page