Radio listeners 182+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - other genre
 HAPPYHARDCORE, OLDSKOOL, DRUM AND BASS, TRANCECORE

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
DJ STYLUS Wot is your fav music in order, mine is definantly...

1) HappyHardcore
2)OldSkool
3)Drum&Bass
4)TranceCore

Wot about you lot!!???

If we cant do it now....When can we do it???
mc trev 1) HappyHardcore
2) HardHouse
trance (proggressive , hard , uplifting)
3) acid trance
4) techno
5) old skool ( only dj mixes eg. helter skelter or anything from sy eg. united dance)
6) dnb (with melodys and vocals inbetween)
7) any other that is good (not sh*tty garadge or rnb I hate rappy crap)

backtotheoldzone.co.uk
www.helter-skelter.co.uk
u know the score sy storm raw!
DJ STYLUS A few more than stated!!!!??? But allowed!!! I Though hardhouse woz nearly dead mayb im wrong!?

mc trev most hated????

1) pop
2) girls that like pop
3) rock (slipknot,limp bizkit ex.)
4) opera
5) pop
6) pop
7) pop
8) pop
9) pop
And last but not least.... 10) pop

backtotheoldzone.co.uk
www.helter-skelter.co.uk
DJ Mouse
quote:
Originally posted by mc trev:
most hated????

1) pop
2) girls that like pop
3) rock (slipknot,limp bizkit ex.)
4) opera
5) pop
6) pop
7) pop
8) pop
9) pop
And last but not least.... 10) pop

backtotheoldzone.co.uk
www.helter-skelter.co.uk

you missed out garage :P

but anyways,my top 4: same as northants but swap 3 and 4 round

--------------------------------------------------
"Don't frown when someone annoys you, it uses 42 muscles. Bitch-slap the fu©ker, it only uses 4"

DJ Mouse
DJ STYLUS My most h8d

1)Regae
2)50s
3)Anything olda than 50s
4)Rap
5)R&B
6)Pop

I dont mind gurlz likin pop as like as they r cute, small, wear tight clothers,(Gurgles!)

DJ Mouse and my most hated:

1. anything pre-70's,including classical
2. pop
3. rap
4. garage (i don't mind speed garage but anything else is crap)

--------------------------------------------------
"Don't frown when someone annoys you, it uses 42 muscles. Bitch-slap the fu©ker, it only uses 4"

DJ Mouse
mc trev
quote:
Originally posted by Northants_DnB:
I dont mind gurlz likin pop as like as they r cute, small, wear tight clothers,(Gurgles!)

i do there sad and it realy does me head in when one um goes im of to see westlife but in a realy anoying way trust me there sad not just cos they like pop but the way they are in clubs the y sad nuff said!!!

backtotheoldzone.co.uk
www.helter-skelter.co.uk
DJ STYLUS Do u really care wot ur gurl likes, My last gurlfriend loved pop/chart shit. I h8d her musik she h8d mine. I didnt think she was sad!!! Altough I love music, I didnt think it was that bigga issue!!! Just trust gurlies who like pop CAN be alright!!!! Its hard to say it but theres more to life than music!!!!Hmmmmm give me a year or two and i'll tell u some things!!!

mc trev all i have to say is BOLLOXS to girls they suck i just meet up with them for a hour or so and do u know what

im a bit of a male slut if thats the right thing to say but hay there is nothing more in life than music ,music is the only thing everything else sucks (exsept sexy wommem)

backtotheoldzone.co.uk
www.helter-skelter.co.uk
DJ STYLUS
quote:
BOLLOXS to girls they suck

quote:
music is the only thing everything else sucks (exsept sexy wommem

I H8 using big words, but, you just contradicted yourself????

MUSIC IS MEGA!!!! Wot about women, Driving, Motors!!!!

miss-mitzi 1 happy hardcore
2 tekno/ acid tekno
3 old skool
4 drum n bass
5 hard house ish

its happy hardcore baby!!!!

If computer games effected us as kids, we would all be runnin around in dark rooms munchin magic pills and listenin to repetative music!
Soren ME MOST FAV 'O ALL TIME (Well at least this week)

1) Good Hard Acid Trance (much harder to find than U might think)
2) HHC (Do I know the score? Umm.. probably not)
3) Fun 80's POP (is this music good? Ahh Haa!)
4) HARD Nu Skool Breaks (again, pretty hard to find but great!)
5) There's other music besides those!??!?!?!????!?!??

Simon 1. Happy Hardcore
2. Oldskool
3. Trance
4. Techno
5. Hard House
6. HipHop

Sy.

Atlas 1)Trancecore
2)Happycore
3)Deep progressive trance (none of that pop-trance digweed shiz)
4)DnB
6)oldskool hip-hop

"Ravers don't fall, they trip and roll."
bowzer Best: Happy Hardcore
Worst: Country

DJ Pathfinder 1. idm / electronica artist like aphex twin , pub , fennesz , plaid. many, u-ziq.
2. happy hardcore.
3. drum & bass & oldschool ( al house forms 88 till 92)
4. rock or better to say indie bands like travis, radiohead , oasis
5. 60 ,70 80 but then the tracks that i like of that time.

worst
1. r&b
2. nu hardhouse & trance
3. bubbling
4. garage

You can't see me,because i am the future.
happythoughts favourite at the moment (these things always change)

hardcore
hard house
trancecore
hard trance
psytrance
drumnbase

DJ STYLUS Wot is it wiv hardhouse! I Thought it went dead!!! MAyb im wrong!

TxKaNdiGirL 1. Hardcore
2. DNB
3. Hardhouse
4.Old Skool
5. Hip Hop

H8ed

1. Pop
2. Brittney Spears...I mean Pop
3. somthing that sounds like Pop
4. and moldy cheese

ooOOooOooH! What loud bass you have!!!

Lordy!Lordy! Is that bass in your speaker or are you just glad to see me?

*I Give Luv, HugZ, and Little KanDi KisSeS*
sammypoohuk 1) Trance, Techno, House n Hard House and Hardcore
2)Oldskool
3)Drum n Bass
4)Eurotech/trance/pop
5)Funky House

SaMmY
DJ STYLUS I'd say although happy is betta oldskool has got more cred!!! Easily!

Simon HardHouse is no way dead, It's really big at the moment why do you think dj Vinylgroovers making it!!!!! I don't like it that much anymore but It's pretty big, it's often in the charts.

Sy.

Tyrant seems like hardhouse has reinvented itself lately... there's not too much of the same old BK type hardhouse being produced at the moment... nukleuz and tidy have moved into more of a hard trance direction... even tinrib has discouraged producers from using hoovers to the extent that they used to be used.

when hoovers are used, they're being used in more innovative ways (check out Daniel Ro + Pepi - Remedy, on Peroxide 02)... i think most of the hardhouse is getting more of a nu-nrg feel to it... which is definitely good

http://www.dj-tyrant.com/Tyrant-Acid%20Overdose.mp3
Midway_raver happy hardcore
95 hardcore
old skool
techno
jungle
the best quality hard house

Like a bolt of lightning it's so frightning..Get ur brain now we're igniting
Agent_Double_EE happy hardcore
dnb
funky disco house
hardcore
punk
house
jungle
breaks

virus 1. taco bell
2. subway
3. burger king
4. kfc
5. wendy's

Tyrant that's a load of shite

wendy's beats burger king any day

DJ Pathfinder mine vote is for the febo , or haikels the best soharma :)

virus wendy's WOULD be better then burger king if they didnt give you a whole piece of lettuce with the spicy chicken sandwich..

burger king gives shredded lettuce, so there :P

trunks Yo yo yo yo!! Happy hardcore iz de best thing since sliced bread so get urself down to de shop and pound ur room full of de sounds of hardcore muzik!!

S. Taylor
Tyrant
quote:
Originally posted by virus:
wendy's WOULD be better then burger king if they didnt give you a whole piece of lettuce with the spicy chicken sandwich..

burger king gives shredded lettuce, so there :P

don't blow smoke up my ass virus... that shredded lettuce is weak at best...it's all about the full piece of lettuce. and burger king would never make anything nearly as good as that spicy chicken sandwich! oh sure they've tried... and failed miserably. and bk's fries can suck a fart out of my arse

i'm restraining myself here! stupid virus!

:P

DJ CURLY who's wendy?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

"why do people say its always in the last place you look, of course it is, your not gonna carry on looking for it after you've found it."
DJ STYLUS Fast food...me thinks!!

....In EveryThing You Do, Your Love Shines Through.
Elysium Am I the only one who mixes happycore with 50/60's doo-wop, 70's disco, indiepop, "riot grrl punk rock", ambient and can't live a second without the vocoders? =)

--
I did NOT have sexual relations with that chicken or cow.

skies2049 I like:

Trance
Happyhardcore
Heavy metal & punk rock

just dance........
zarlon faves:

1)happyhardcore/oldskool/trancecore etc..
2)punk - ska - blues/jazz
3)d'nb, jungle etc..

LEAST faves..

COUNTRY!!! Aahhhhhhhhh country, phear dah country..

peace :)

.zarlon/ducky.
87071164/55441249
skies2049 Dislike:

Rap
Country
pop

just dance........
DJ Pathfinder so no fans of dolly parton here :(

Webber I guess everyone who listens to happyhardcore is diverse after all. Suppose I'll throw up some of my favorites as well.

1) Trancecore/freeform (Still in search of that perfect sound)
2) Happyhardcore (I like the more epical tracks)
3) Darkcore (I've been known to produce one or two of these at best I'm still working on mastering the tracks)
4) Progressive Trance (Without trance roots I would'nt be where I am today)

And thats my bit of info, on that bit of talk.

o<|;0D Wèbber¬
DJ STYLUS Yeah dolly parton shes a fkn catch!!!! and a singer I love her stuff, come back dolly............................

..........By the way i was being sarcastic......

We're Flyin' High....
Soren "Am I the only one who mixes happycore with 50/60's doo-wop, 70's disco, indiepop, "riot grrl punk rock", ambient and can't live a second without the vocoders? =)"

No, DJ Entropy does it too. But he fooking blows at it and his sets sound like shyte :)

The BlackZmurf My big favorites:
1.Happy hardcore
2.Hardcore (Thunderdome)
3.Goa-trance (ordinary trance sucks!!)
4.Acid
5.Terror/speedcore
Pop music sucks by the way!

It´s nice to B importante...
BUT IT´S MORE IMPORTANTE TO B NICE!
DJ Pathfinder
quote:
Originally posted by Northants_DnB:
Yeah dolly parton shes a fkn catch!!!! and a singer I love her stuff, come back dolly............................

come back???????

she released every year an album

the last was litte sparrow

funny to tell
was listning to demo -your mine (slipmatt remix ) and mine mom thought the vocals were by here .

Elysium Come on, Dolly Parton's not that bad. I mean, "I will always love you", that's a ****ing great one. Not like the version Whitney "white stripes" Houston recorded.

--
I’m gonna live forever - baby remember my name.
xxhappyxx 1.hhc
2.oldskool
3.trance
4.hardhouse
5.dnb

'come fly my child 2 a special place, with angels in the sky, the time has come 2 fly!'
Amber-Jade Best (the only 2 types of music that I like):

1. Happy Hardcore ('96 - '00)
2. Old skool Dance ('92 - '97)

Worst:

1. Rap
2. Slow soppy crap
3. Country
4. Operah
5. Pop
6. Rock

.·´¯`°*º¤ ^Å^ ¤º*°´¯`·.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can show you all the good things in your life...... follow me......

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
BaByGiRL Love all music....................

Happyhardcore
Dance
old school shit
Trance
Rap
Alternative Rock
RnB
Soft rock

.............BuT I cAnNoT sTaNd tHaT oPeRa ShIt aNd ThosE
MeSsEd Up CoUnTrY........aNd PuNk rOcK sTuFF

Lixx
quote:
Originally posted by Atlas:

Digweed? Pop trance? 'r you on crack, boy? Digweed has never played the straight cheese trance, and the stuff he's played for the last 2+ years is in a completely different hemisphere to clubby trance. Check out his GU from Hong Kong (esp disc 1) and see how clubby diggers is. Now I'm curious what you consider to be deep progressive trance. The last cd I bought that I'd consider to be of that style was Quivver's Transport 5 mix. Dark as all hell but with mad groove, right on
-Lixx

Tyrant
quote:
Originally posted by Lixx:
quote:

Digweed? Pop trance? 'r you on crack, boy? Digweed has never played the straight cheese trance, and the stuff he's played for the last 2+ years is in a completely different hemisphere to clubby trance. Check out his GU from Hong Kong (esp disc 1) and see how clubby diggers is. Now I'm curious what you consider to be deep progressive trance. The last cd I bought that I'd consider to be of that style was Quivver's Transport 5 mix. Dark as all hell but with mad groove, right on
-Lixx

holy crap
i didn't know john graham was mixing a tranceport! i'm gonna go pick it up tomorrow...
and you're 100% right... digweed is the furthest thing from pop trance that you can get. really deep, spacey, trippy prog house. no other dj can come close to doing it as well as him.

Lixx
quote:
Originally posted by Tyrant:
holy crap
i didn't know john graham was mixing a tranceport! i'm gonna go pick it up tomorrow...

Yeah it was released as Quivver instead of his real name and actually they changed it from Tranceport to Transport when Max Graham did 4. I haven't purchased any prog trance in forever but there's so much good stuff coming. New cds from Digweed, Pappa, Burridge & Richards, Saeed & Palash, Tengalia, Lawler, Fortier, Lieb... damn how will I ever afford all this shit and records?!? I'm so hopeless..
-Lixx, Obsessive Collector Extraordinaire

Tyrant ugh i've been buying quite a bit of the stuff lately, what with the lack of new freeform releases and all... check out Arrakis- Aira Force (lemon 8 mix) ... wicked tune! very digweedish... all this new dark stuff out there's is so well produced...

mixing it is a lot more difficult than mixing hardcore too... fun stuff :)

TechnoNut My fav styles in Chronological order;

1985-'89
Acid House (da birf of Rave)

1990-'93
House (underground)
Techno Breakbeat (da original Hardcore)

1994-'97
Jungle
Happy Hardcore

1998-'02
Hard House
Hard Trance
D'n'B

(the dates are about the time they were most popular or developed not the dates I liked them)

=) 'ardcore!
flyingtoad Happy Hardcore is the greatest!!!!!!!!! After that Trance and Dance is good too

Were Flyin High
Were Flying Right up to the sky!
Foxy 1. Happy Hardcore
2. Hard/Scouse House
(scousehouse is like a mix between Hard House & a v.little bit of trance & HHC thrown in)
3. dance (ie: 2 unlimited)
4. 80's electro pop

There are very few genres I dont like, & none I hate, as I realise most music derives bits & pieces from others.

My music collection has at least one piece of music from every genre I can think of except Opera.

Hardcore family never dies.
Atlas [q]Digweed? Pop trance? 'r you on crack, boy? Digweed has never played the straight cheese trance, and the stuff he's played for the last 2+ years is in a completely different hemisphere to clubby trance. Check out his GU from Hong Kong (esp disc 1) and see how clubby diggers is. Now I'm curious what you consider to be deep progressive trance. The last cd I bought that I'd consider to be of that style was Quivver's Transport 5 mix. Dark as all hell but with mad groove, right on
-Lixx[/q]

hey big shooter, i was talking mostly BOUT THE SHIT HE MAKES....personally i hate the sellout bastard and if you worship him like a god as does the other 75% of people that know about him, than great ****ing day fer you buddy..but thanks to a friend of mine, ive heard almost all of his cds just listening to them with him some nights, and IN MY OPINION, i ve heard much better!

What i consider deep prog trance............ever heard of hardesertrance?mixed by dj brian? thats deep shit......its not very popular because it dosnt have the melodic charm as most trance, and its got some dark songs, but its the best mixed trance cd ive heard (in my opinion)

weba_d i think he/she just wanted to know what our favorite/hated muzik is

love..
1.oldschHHC, '2000'HHC
2.hardcore (rotterdam)
3.hardtrance/acid
4.hardhouse
5.hardNRG

hates..
1.top40 pop
2.country
3.punk rock
4.slow shitty dance tracks
5. I HATE PHYSCADELIC TRANCE!!

"what goes up must come down"... so keep popin!

WEBA D
weba_d I think pop poo needs to be mentioned again for my hateret with a passion

"what goes up must come down"....so keep popin!

WEBA D
kBud I think he ^^^ hates pop. I don't blame you, but sometimes it's so unavoidable. I loathe all things pop.

But here's what I love:
~Happy Hardcore (duh.)
~House (funky/acid/booty/ghetto/bangin)
~2 step
~DnB
~Techno

-->cheesehead numero uno<--
.:come and take a trip with me:.
.:to a land where love is free:.
-~-KELLi-~-
Lixx Digweed is not a sellout. How can you ever claim that he hasn't always been spinning exactly the style of music he loves and loves to get people grooving with? If you want deep dark and dirty try Parks & Wilson - Painting On Silence. I myself am looking forward to the release of Satoshi Tomiie's Nubreed cd *drool*
-Lixx

Tyrant
quote:
[q]Digweed? Pop trance? 'r you on crack, boy? Digweed has never played the straight cheese trance, and the stuff he's played for the last 2+ years is in a completely different hemisphere to clubby trance. Check out his GU from Hong Kong (esp disc 1) and see how clubby diggers is. Now I'm curious what you consider to be deep progressive trance. The last cd I bought that I'd consider to be of that style was Quivver's Transport 5 mix. Dark as all hell but with mad groove, right on
-Lixx[/q]

hey big shooter, i was talking mostly BOUT THE SHIT HE MAKES....personally i hate the sellout bastard and if you worship him like a god as does the other 75% of people that know about him, than great ****ing day fer you buddy..but thanks to a friend of mine, ive heard almost all of his cds just listening to them with him some nights, and IN MY OPINION, i ve heard much better!

What i consider deep prog trance............ever heard of hardesertrance?mixed by dj brian? thats deep shit......its not very popular because it dosnt have the melodic charm as most trance, and its got some dark songs, but its the best mixed trance cd ive heard (in my opinion)

i have no problem with people having different taste in music from my own, but i take issue with people calling John Digweed a sellout. I saw digweed spin 3 weeks ago... he played for 7 hours and didn't play a single record that i'd ever heard (and i'm at the record shop every week picking up the new deep progressive releases). I saw him play with sasha 3 months ago and they played only ONE record that i had heard before, and it was a track that John Digweed had remixed himself with Nick Muir as Bedrock. You certainly can't accuse him of being commercial just because people like him... he plays what he wants and people love him for it, as opposed to someone like Judge Jules who will play chart hits and nothing but cheese.

I've heard DJ Brian's Hardesertrance... and his Psychotrance CD. They were alright i guess, but i wasn't blown away. I've also seen him play live here at the local club, and i was a bit bored during his set to be honest. But whatever, everyone has different tastes.

Tyrant Lixx- have parks and wilson released their cd yet? haven't seen it...

Lixx Oh man you are way behind dude! That cd came out last november. The Sleepfreaks tune at the end of one of the discs is sooo fricken awesome!
-Lixx

Tyrant Lixx - i AM behind!! i only got back into the prog thing recently after a little nutty freeform spending spree... now my tables are doing some timesharing hehe ;)

I have a prog mix up on my site that you might like (or might not! i dunno...)
here's the tracklisting in case you're interested ...

1. Eclectica-O’Spectra - Black (bedrock sublabel)
2. Rabbit in the Moon-Floori.i.d.a (3 AM to Strangeways Dub) - White Label
3. Ocean Wave vs. Progression- Clearwater (Traveller vs. Quest remix) - Vapour
4. Gardner + Thomas- Control (Blackwatch mix) - Prolekult
5. Q-Lock vs. Roland K- Goliath (Lemon8 remix) - Deep
6. Arrakis- Aira Force (Lemon8 mix) - Devolution (sublabel of Fluid)
7. Space Manoeuvres- Stage One (Space Manoeuvres’ Separation mix) - Hooj
8. Natious- Amber (Silk mix) - Amato
9. James Holden vs. Ben Pound- Kaern Turned - Easy Access

http://www.dj-tyrant.com/Tyrant-Sona.mp3
Lixx I'll definitely check it out, it's hard to resist a mix with Stage One in it :P
-Lixx

It took 3.27 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page