Radio listeners 152+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Hardcore - The Classics

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Brainchild So Ministry of Sound have decided to release an album, called Hardcore - The Classics with Sy, Dougal & Billy Daniel Bunter & Slipmatt. I'm guessing it's going to be very much like the Hardcore Classics album which had Dougal, Slipmatt & Billy Daniel Bunter.

If it does follow the same idea as the Hardcore Classics album did, I'm interested to see how the tracklists will very. Seems to me that when making an old skool happy hardcore CD they tend to stick to using some of the same tracks like Toytown and Devotion, tracks which everyone knows. As long as they don't re-use some of the same tracks, I'll be happy.
Mortis
quote:
Originally posted by Brainchild:
Seems to me that when making an old skool happy hardcore CD they tend to stick to using some of the same tracks like Toytown and Devotion, tracks which everyone knows. As long as they don't re-use some of the same tracks, I'll be happy.

Well yeah, it's a classics album. Of couse it's going to have the same tracks as other CD's.
SPOOX I shall be keeping an eye out for this one. Where did you get your info from mate?
SPOOX
quote:
Originally posted by Mortis:
quote:
Seems to me that when making an old skool happy hardcore CD they tend to stick to using some of the same tracks like Toytown and Devotion, tracks which everyone knows. As long as they don't re-use some of the same tracks, I'll be happy.

Well yeah, it's a classics album. Of couse it's going to have the same tracks as other CD's.

That's why i don't really buy Old Skool albums anymore as you pretty much get the same tracks all the time.
warped_candykid I would like to hear an album with

Calypso Summer[97 Remix]"
Meadowland

and that elephant track by Cheddar? Some rare, ultra-cheesy tracks would be nice :)
pinkdevil16 wil defo buy this one sounds intersting and i enjoyees the hardcore classics album so if it is anything like that then should be good.
Watson. I'll probably have most of the tunes on this scattered about, but I'll probably still buy it. It all depends by what they define to be "classics".
SPOOX
quote:
Originally posted by warped_candykid:
I would like to hear an album with

Meadowland

and that elephant track by Cheddar? Some rare, ultra-cheesy tracks would be nice :)

I have an album with them on. Fusion 'A Point To Be Made'. Haven't heard it for a while but i'm sure their both on there.
Not the cheddar track though.
95_was_the_time another quick-cash job from MOShit.

feat, more watered down BREAKS remixes of SL2 on a rectum tip, Liquid smegma-harmony, Ratpack captain of the shit & more !!

/in before the yawns
The Doc
quote:
Originally posted by 95_was_the_time:
another quick-cash job from MOShit.

feat, more watered down BREAKS remixes of SL2 on a rectum tip, Liquid smegma-harmony, Ratpack captain of the shit & more !!

/in before the yawns

agreed! so its took them 11 months to think of this! (apart from all the cheap albums they've released all year!) If this album has original rare classics, I'll "show my arse in burtons window"

The Doc
quote:
Originally posted by SPOOX:
quote:
quote:

That's why i don't really but Old Skool albums anymore as you pretty much get the same tracks all the time.

Old Skool rewinds vol 1! (I should be on commision for this album) its brilliant!
95_was_the_time
quote:
Originally posted by The Doc:
quote:
quote:
quote:

That's why i don't really but Old Skool albums anymore as you pretty much get the same tracks all the time.

Old Skool rewinds vol 1! (I should be on commision for this album) its brilliant!

is that, that dj spinback one? i can't seem to find anyhwere on the net that sells it. it's been on an ebay search for ages now.
warped_candykid
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by warped_candykid:
I would like to hear an album with

Meadowland

I have an album with them on. Fusion 'A Point To Be Made'. Haven't heard it for a while but i'm sure their both on there.
Not the cheddar track though.

I FINALLYA found me a copy of Hardcore Millennium Party, and it has that Fusion vol.1 & 2 on it, but its indexed as 1 loooooong track. It has the Fade & Bananaman remix of "Calypso Summer" and the album mix of "Meadowland"
Mortis ^^ Not a bad album that, the Stompy & Breeze CD is really good
latininxtc I more than likely won't be buying this album. i guess i'm one of the only ones that don't like the old skool mixes done by other hardcore classics, such as the helter skelter ones. i've heard the previews, and i honestly found those to be so annoying. but who knows i'll have 2 wait and c if these previews impress me
95_was_the_time well i've just seen the tracklist on the home/news page.

'ohdear' were my first thoughts.
95_was_the_time oh and let me continue by saying, for the people outside the scene? public joe, they're going to think happyhardcore (as a style of music) consists of 10 or so tunes only.
warped_candykid
quote:
well i've just seen the tracklist on the home/news page.

'ohdear' were my first thoughts.

Out of ALL the songs available, they pick the SAME ONES!
latininxtc well the 1st and last 4 of the 1st album are huge anthems, but at the same time i've seen them in many compilations. but i am actually interested in gettin this for the other 2 albums, as they have a lot of my favorite songs. i still will wait for the preview, but imo it doesn't look like a horrible album
Triquatra lol, i think you can officially "sell out" to hardcore now :P

cd 3...a classics cd???
pigz its all the same stuff thats been done before i like the songs, dont get me wrong but im startin to get fed up with all thease classics albums why dont they do something different, break away from the crowd or maby MOS are worried that there already huge profits might fall by 1%!!! i really am starting to hate MOS!!
Craig Switchback Absolute disgrace to MOS and all the DJ's involved. Same tracks over and over again.......
Mortis After seeing the tracklists for the CD's - what a load of total bollocks.
Ken Masters 02 - Asa & S1 - Makin' Me Wanna Dance (Sy & Unknown Remix)

CLASSIC!!!! I'm not even going to attempt to write this reply but all I can say is i'm very dissapointed with what's happened to our scene & the DJ's need to take a long hard look @ the scene before they churn anymore of these out for nothing more than money.

Time to move aside lads
Craig Switchback People like Dougal, Slipmatt, Sy and that have had their time. Really, what are they doing for the Hardcore scene. Churning out any old bollocks, and playing the same shit week in week out. Slipmatt is slightly better, for the MOS albums (Hardcore / Raverbreaks) but still.....
jenks
quote:
oh and let me continue by saying, for the people outside the scene? public joe, they're going to think happyhardcore (as a style of music) consists of 10 or so tunes only.

Why do you care? Sad ****.
Vladel The tracklist is weak and many of the tracks have been on the earlier helter skelter cds :( perhaps they would have been better with some of the 95-98 tracks you heard on tape packs but never knew the name of. Atleast then it would be something different and might actually sell a few.

I'm not gonna buy a cd of old tracks when i have maybe 75% of em already
warped_candykid
quote:
Originally posted by Craig Switchback:
People like Dougal, Slipmatt, Sy and that have had their time. Really, what are they doing for the Hardcore scene. Churning out any old bollocks, and playing the same shit week in week out. Slipmatt is slightly better, for the MOS albums (Hardcore / Raverbreaks) but still.....

Dont you be dissing my Dougal now. "Cry For You" is an excellent track!
The Doc and the award for the most pointless hardcore album ever goes to .........!
warped_candykid
quote:
Originally posted by Craig Switchback:
People like Dougal, Slipmatt, Sy and that have had their time. Really, what are they doing for the Hardcore scene. Churning out any old bollocks, and playing the same shit week in week out. Slipmatt is slightly better, for the MOS albums (Hardcore / Raverbreaks) but still.....

Also...think about what a major role Al Storm, Brisk & Ham, Sy & Unknown, Dougal, Hixxy Slipmatt, & Billy Bunter, along with Scott Brown, Styles, & Breeze have had in the Hardcore scene. If they were to just leave the scene, there would not be many artist left to carry on the sound at a public level, and there would be a dramatic loss in cd material. Cd mixes would consist of only the artist's own material (much like what Scott Brown's mixes were for a while). Gammer would be a big name to live on, so would Kurt & Joey Riot, and a few other artists who came along after 2002, but it would be hard to push the sound without the more bigger names. I am still all for new producers, dont get me wrong here, but I think you should give the pioneers a little more respect, even though some of their material may not be 100% original or "up to standards". I am loving what Dougal & Gammer are coming out with.
kathryn Wont be buying it its just the same os other classic cd's nothing inspiring all overplayed tunes and theres tunes on there that arent classics so whats that all about?

Hows about we have new upcoming dj's with there tunes never heard being released instead of all these classics heard time n time again please?
Craigavon raver don,t think i,ll bother geting this either was sort of looking forward 2 it when i heard about it but now i just don,t know,espeically those basshunter remixes e.t.c i,m sure there wicked tracks lol
FingazMc Wtf @ C.D 3!!!
95_was_the_time i really hope this release will be a major flop, all i can think of when i think of MOS is NEED-MORE-£££$$$

kathryn
quote:
i really hope this release will be a major flop, all i can think of when i think of MOS is NEED-MORE-£££$$$

i agree for once with you.
meran05
quote:
Originally posted by FingazMc:
Wtf @ C.D 3!!!

totally agree, wtf with the basshunter tunes spech sy n uknown remix Gulp load of b******s
Smoogie I have all the tracks on CD1 on other CDs & they are classics, it seems silly that some of the scene's best artists choose the same tracks all the time!

As everyone else has said, it looks rather dull...
Showstopper Basshunter!!! Vomit material!!!!!!!
Showstopper ***** disgrace... basshunter like!!!!
pinkdevil16 yeah i have most of the tracks...will prob stil buy the album tho may aswel another one for the collection.
pinkdevil16 jus seen the t.v advert wtf they put basshunter, cascada and sash on there people that dont know hardcore are gona see that and think thats what its al about!
FingazMc
quote:
Originally posted by pinkdevil16:
jus seen the t.v advert wtf they put basshunter, cascada and sash on there people that dont know hardcore are gona see that and think thats what its al about!

No those who dont know hardcore will see those names and buy it.......Theyre just trying to make more money as per :(.

Just want to say i wont buy this just out of disgust @ cd 3 lol.
tommyc basshunter wtf?
DarrenJ yea basshunter ruined it, why not put n-duz - pappa can u hear me as a hardcore classic also? just get styles or slipmatt to add a few donk noises

papppaaa can u hear meeeeeeeee
Watson.
quote:
Originally posted by FingazMc:
quote:
Originally posted by pinkdevil16:
jus seen the t.v advert wtf they put basshunter, cascada and sash on there people that dont know hardcore are gona see that and think thats what its al about!

No those who dont know hardcore will see those names and buy it.......Theyre just trying to make more money as per :(.

Yep, that's bang on.

Half the songs on CD1 were on the first Hardcore Classics MOS/Helter Skelter CD! it's essentially the same product.
warped_candykid I think I might pick it up. Ya, I have a majority of the songs, but like PinkDevil, another one for my collection!
warped_candykid I just hope the tracks on cd 1 are not shortened. I would love to hear that last happy punch in "Steamtrain"! It was cut out on the United In Hardcore mix.
Rayovac
quote:
CD 3 - Dougal
01 - Basshunter Feat. DJ Mental Theo's Bazzheadz - Now You're Gone (Sy & Unknown Remix)
02 - SASH! Feat. STUNT - Raindrops (Encore Une Fois) (Dougal & Gammer Remix)
03 - September - Cry For You (Dougal & Gammer Remix)
04 - Utah Saints - Something Good '08 (Dougal & Gammer Remix)
05 - Gammer & Cat Knight - A New Feeling
06 - Ida Corr Vs Fedde Le Grand - Let Me Think About It (Dougal & Gammer Remix)
07 - Dougal & Gammer Feat. Jenna - All The Tears
08 - Sy & Unknown Feat. Grant Paterson - Only For You
09 - Dougal & Gammer - Wii Go Crazy
10 - Sy & Unknown Feat. Lou Lou - Don't Leave Me Now
11 - Sy & Unknown - What A Great Drug (Cheeky Trax Remix)
12 - Dougal, Gammer Micky Skeedale Feat. Jenna - Through The Darkness
13 - Brisk & Ham - Angel Eyes
14 - DJ Yanny Presents Terraformer - Won't Forget These Days
15 - Angel_One - Hold Me Tonight (DJ Pontos Remix)
16 - United In Dance - Rocking With The Best
17 - Cascada - Miracle (Darwin Remix)
18 - CLSM - Free Your Mind (Darren Styles Remix)
19 - Dougal & Gammer - Don't Stop
20 - Basshunter - I Miss You (Slipmatt Remix)

warped_candykid The price on HMV is not worth the tracks.
The Doc even though I support Hardcore all the way, I'm happy to say that its not made top 10 in any compilation charts! Its just a waste of money!

To Celebrate a UK genre phenomenon, Ministry of Sound proudly present Hardcore Classics. Three CDs of Hardcore in its purest form. Mixed by a convocation of the biggest and best Hardcore DJs in the business; Bunter, Slipmatt, Sy and Dougal, and featuring nothing but the very best in Classic Hardcore. From tunes that spawned the entire Happy Hardcore phenomenon through to bleeding edge, modern crowd pleasers. Includes all the essential classics and new exclusive remixes of some modern classics.

The life of a Hardcore DJ was relentless. All night circumnavigations of the UK’s motorway network became common as the most popular artists raced from venue to venue. The likes of Sy, Dougal, Force, Styles, Brisk, Unknown, Luna-C, Marc Smith, UFO, Billy “Daniel” Bunter, Sharkey, Seduction, Vibes, Scott Brown, Ramos, Supreme, Hixxy, Energy and “The Godfather of Hardcore”, DJ Slipmatt all becoming regular features on any self respecting flyer. MCs, forever coaxing the whistle posse, became an equally integral part of the Hardcore experience. This 3 cd set documents the period of the rise of Hardcore in 1994 and celebrates 15 years of the true dedicated following of Hardcore.

Hardcore till we die? We certainly think so !

Well not with that tracklist!

It took 2.22 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page