Radio listeners 181+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Hardcore Underground Vol.4

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
ChrisDale thought i would share this...

quote:

Hardcore Underground Vol.4 DJ line-up confirmed.

The DJ line-up for the fourth album in our compilation series has been confirmed and work has begun on putting together another tracklist. The album will feature 4 CDs and will hit the shelves this autumn. We think you'll be impressed.

taken from: http://www.hardcoreunderground.info/

Rayovac Saw that as well. I wonder who the DJs are?

This will almost certainly be another quality album.
Quicksilver I'm a bit worried though - says release date is autumn... Feels like you're rushing this, CDJay. Personally think you should take your time like with HU3 and just make another banging album. :)
CDJay .... was finished last year, we're more than armed, at this point, to make HU3 look amateur.

All that has changed is that we have a slightly firmer grasp on the logistics involved and thus can deliver a superior product.... ON TIME! ( maybe )

CDJay
Craigavon raver who mixing it?i can,t read the writing its to small lol
warped_candykid I hope there's just as much Hardcore on the happier side as there was on vol.3....or more!
CDJay Good!

We are enjoying the speculation, though!

CDJay
m0nKeY As long as we get another Brisk & Ham disc and Darwin, Fracus and CLSM are in there somewhere, I'm happy! I'd really like to see either a Brisk and Fracus or Darwin and Fracus disc. :)
The Doc
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
Good!

CDJay

any chance of Kustki getting on one of these albums one day? His Hardcore mix on Friday night on Radio 1 was what its all about! The Ham tune "oldskool" is fantastic!

FingazMc If it even comes close to HU3 then it will be superb, CANT WAIT!!!

JustIncredible Can't wait for this!
Wilky Kutski & orbit 1 should be on it
Warp-9 The most i can see on the image (not sure cos its proper hard to see) is Brisk (CD1?) and Marc Smith B2B with someone on CD 2 maybe? all the other names i cant c

Edit: i can see Lost Soul on the end maybe? and Al Storm?!
Dogsy can't wait the HU cds are the best out these days imo. Im still loving HU3. Thank goodness for these albums!
Craigavon raver
quote:
Good!

CDJay

you need 2 tell me ,i need 2 know now lol
redwingz Im sure I can see the names 'Brisk' 'Marc Smith' and maybe 'Kutski'

From what I can gather Kutski and Al Storm are good friends (seen as they have made a couple tracks together and Kutski's bbc radio hardcore section of his show is basically an Al Storm mix week in week out)

So it wouldnt surprise me if Kutski is on
lozowen yeah i thought i could read; Brisk & Marc Smith as well when i first saw it.
Dogsy Same here think I see Brisk and Marc smith. That would be awesome if they went b2b. I think I see Al storm aswell and maby Kutski but I cant read the rest. I real wanna know!!
silver From the topic page news:

ChrisDale the covers look amazin
acidfluxxbass have to say this does look pretty damn good! esspecially the artwork! I have to work out some of those techniques :)
DJ_Axiom I want Orbit1 ASAP !
iano Brisk & Marc Smith is there on CD 1 most defnitley... Cannot read the rest at all but I think after Brisk & Marc smith I see Al Storm & Scott Brown. Maybe its just my eyes playing tricks as thats what I would like very much :)
Mortis
quote:
Originally posted by DJ_Axiom:
I want Orbit1 ASAP !

Kinky.
Lorenzo.Tweakn
quote:
Originally posted by DJ_Axiom:
I want Orbit1 ASAP !

who doesnt?!
Warp-9
quote:

Brisk & Marc Smith is there on CD 1 most defnitley... Cannot read the rest at all but I think after Brisk & Marc smith I see Al Storm & Scott Brown. Maybe its just my eyes playing tricks as thats what I would like very much :)

If that were true, i would be sooo happy! :)

but i doubt it :(
Meathead I can make out, as others have pointed out, Brisk and Marc Smith and I can kind of make out Al Storm and Lost Soul (not on the same CD i don't think)

If that's the case, then bring it on . Would be sick to have a CD dedicated to Lost Soul's dark style of Freeform. And of course you can't go wrong with Brisk and Marc Smith. Hopefully if Al Storm is on this one it's not all his own tracks and they're not all Electro or his recent Cheesy Raver Baby stuff.

In fact is Al Storm even eligable for HU anymore? Afterall he has gone over to the darkside (Raverbaby). I really like and respect Al Storm but i really hope i'm wrong in thinking he's on it.

EDIT

And if that's the artwork it's sexy as ****!
Obie MC
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisDale:
the covers look amazin

quote:
Originally posted by acidfluxxbass:
have to say this does look pretty damn good! esspecially the artwork! I have to work out some of those techniques :)

quote:
Originally posted by Meathead:

Glad you all like the artwork :), always great fun doing the HU stuff as they give me free skill to do as i wish :D.

DJ Line up is amazing to ... BOO!
whittle1 I know i wont be popular for this one...but no Fracus please.
Had 3 previous mixes and whilst they've been good, they haven't been as impressive as other discs in the series
CDJay You know Fracus runs HU, with me, yea? LoL

CDJay
Warp-9 right lets take a guess so far

CD1: Brisk B2B Marc Smith
CD2: Al Storm B2B Kutski?
CD3: Fracus B2B ???
CD4 ??? B2B Lost Soul

fill in the blanks?!
Meathead
quote:
Originally posted by Obie MC:
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisDale:
the covers look amazin

quote:
have to say this does look pretty damn good! esspecially the artwork! I have to work out some of those techniques :)

quote:

Glad you all like the artwork :), always great fun doing the HU stuff as they give me free skill to do as i wish :D.

DJ Line up is amazing to ... BOO!

Didn't know you put the artwork together, nice one mate. They've all been really good.
redwingz So i think we can assume Fracus is on it after CDJay's words :)

I would also be very very shocked if Darwin was left out....surely he will be in there somewhere
Meathead
quote:
Originally posted by redwingz:
So i think we can assume Fracus is on it after CDJay's words :)

I would also be very very shocked if Darwin was left out....surely he will be in there somewhere

Didn't notice earlier but after having another look it sort of looks like Darwin's under and between Brisk & Marc Smith.

DJ Fracus
quote:
Originally posted by whittle1:
I know i wont be popular for this one...but no Fracus please.
Had 3 previous mixes and whilst they've been good, they haven't been as impressive as other discs in the series

Hard not to take that one personally, although reassuringly I'm sure not everyone shares this view. I'll resist the temptation to list the slightly longer list of responsibilities that HU represents to me than just compiling and mixing the CD, and just always strive for the best product I can put out, as we always do.

tru bass
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Fracus:
quote:

Hard not to take that one personally, although reassuringly I'm sure not everyone shares this view. I'll resist the temptation to list the slightly longer list of responsibilities that HU represents to me than just compiling and mixing the CD, and just always strive for the best product I can put out, as we always do.

I think your mixes and tunes are fantastic mate!

Keep it up!
Meathead
quote:
Originally posted by tru bass:
quote:
quote:

Keep it up!

+1

2nd Favourite CD of HU4. Would be 1st but you know, CD4.
ChrisDale
quote:

Keep it up!

Agreed !
whittle1
quote:
quote:

Feel slightly bad now...but I was just hinting at more variation to the series i.e. the same way Kurt was dropped (or regretfully opted out) with Brisk,Ham, Nu Foundation etc being introduced. Bigger isn't necessarily better, so it would be refreshing for someone to step out and another to step in.
CDJay Have faith, not just for HU4 but beyond

CDJay
Torpex Dropping Fracus from HU4, if such an idea ever crossed any of the HU mongers' minds, should be punished by slow roasting over a burning tire and dipping in hydrogen fluoride every now and then.

The fact that the victim would have to be either CDJay or Fracus himself makes the above concept at least mildly amusing.
DJ Fracus
quote:
Feel slightly bad now...but I was just hinting at more variation to the series i.e. the same way Kurt was dropped (or regretfully opted out) with Brisk,Ham, Nu Foundation etc being introduced. Bigger isn't necessarily better, so it would be refreshing for someone to step out and another to step in.

Wasn't trying to lay a guilt trip on you d00d, nobody can expect to be praised for everything by everyone all the time, I know that. The whole point of HU as a concept is that it's varied and offers different things to different people of varying tastes, and for that reason I know there will be favourites and least favourites all round, always. Maybe I just shouldn't have posted lol.

HU as a project represents a lot of blood, sweat and tears to CDJay and I (and to the artists who work with us, no doubt) so perhaps the lines between label owner and artist got a bit blurred there.

Bottom line: We will all always do our best as a label, as DJ's, and as producers to make sure we try to raise the bar with the albums each time. We're quietly confident HU4 will be the best album we've released to date in every respect, if you guys agree then we'll be happy :)

Obie MC Ooohhh Get back to your desk and do the paper work Fracus :P
redwingz I think Fracus b2b s3rl would be quite cool, unlikely though.

I thought Fracus's mix with Al Storm on HU2 was better than with Stormtrooper on 3, but i have never been Stormtroopers biggest fan tbh.

My vinyl collection has alot of Fracus tunes in it, his tunes are very good!
My favourite is his remix of his own 'Hold on to me' sang by Vicky Fee on HN:NG

Now that......is a tune!
Meathead *carries on the Fracus bum licking session*

Listening to COH4 i can't get over how much of a tune Never Coming Back is.
MATT DAMON cool.
MATT DAMON sorry to be a pain in the arse but if you go on my profile theres a topic concerning a lost hardcore tune of mine!!!! and I neeeed answers!!!!!!!!
Trimms If Scott Brown is on here like some have speculated then... this will be the greatest album ever.

If not I will be sad, but it will still probably be the best album ever.
tru bass is it me or has hardcore suddenly got good again?
The Doc
quote:
Originally posted by Trimms:
If Scott Brown is on here like some have speculated then... this will be the greatest album ever.

Theres more chance of Styles being on this album than Scott Brown!

hardcore anorak [quote]Originally posted by redwingz:
I think Fracus b2b s3rl would be quite cool, unlikely though.

I thought Fracus's mix with Al Storm on HU2 was better than with Stormtrooper on 3, but i have never been Stormtroopers biggest fan tbh.
tune!

hu2 is still best ever uk hardcore cd ive ever bought and al storm and fracus cd buy far best ever mix to

warped_candykid Where is everyone seeing the names at??!!!??? I want Brisk & Ham again, as long as they do a full-length mix like on vol.3.
Trimms
quote:
Originally posted by warped_candykid:
Where is everyone seeing the names at??!!!??? I want Brisk & Ham again, as long as they do a full-length mix like on vol.3.

Page 1. The picture.
Dogsy
quote:
If Scott Brown is on here like some have speculated then... this will be the greatest album ever.

Agree with all of that!
Craigavon raver
quote:
Originally posted by hardcore anorak:
[quote]Originally posted by redwingz:
I think Fracus b2b s3rl would be quite cool, unlikely though.

tune!

hu2 is still best ever uk hardcore cd ive ever bought and al storm and fracus cd buy far best ever mix to

don,t think so hu2 isn,t as good as hu1 but suppose thats cause kurt b2b stormtrooper on hu1 is unreal!

and i want vibes back,cdjay, fracus you know what to do
Meathead
quote:
Originally posted by The Doc:
quote:

Theres more chance of Styles being on this album than Scott Brown!

Why's that? You know something we don't? Care to share? ;)
catjam Why dont they have a gabber Dj/mix on it ?
Meathead
quote:
Originally posted by catjam:
Why dont they have a gabber Dj/mix on it ?

Would Gabber be classed as Underground? It's the most popular of all Hardcore sub-genres isn't it?
catjam
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by catjam:
Why dont they have a gabber Dj/mix on it ?

Would Gabber be classed as Underground? It's the most popular of all Hardcore sub-genres isn't it?

I think it would be classed as Underground here in the uk...although it never used to be
CDJay "Why dont they have a gabber Dj/mix on it ?"

Simple; we believe HU to be one of the very few UK Hardcore "compilations" around, and there's loads of artists and material already being overlooked.

Giving up a whole CD to a genre that already sees good international support, largely listened to by people who don't like UK Hardcore at ALL, is unlikely to end well.

This isn't to say there won't be any hardstyle, gabba etc on HU simply that an entire CD isn't likely. I'd say a purist freeform CD, or Breakbeat Hardcore CD, is something we'd be more interested in pursuing and pushing.

CDJay
Meathead
quote:

This isn't to say there won't be any hardstyle, gabba etc on HU simply that an entire CD isn't likely. I'd say a purist freeform CD, or Breakbeat Hardcore CD, is something we'd be more interested in pursuing and pushing.

CDJay

Can't help but think i may have be right in thinking i sighted Lost Soul on there now....

AJSharps i loved hu1s darwin n cube:hard mix, th vibe i got of that when i 1st heard was euphoric!! Not alot of mixs i lyk al th way through, that n cd2 of bonkers 17, luv it!
Dogsy
quote:
Originally posted by AJSharps:
i loved hu1s darwin n cube:hard mix, th vibe i got of that when i 1st heard was euphoric!! Not alot of mixs i lyk al th way through, that n cd2 of bonkers 17, luv it!

I loved the Darwin & Cube::Hard mix...I remember getting it and putting on the way home in my bros car and it started with Money Maker (awesome tune to start the mix) and then Warehouse kicked in and I went nuts! AWESOME!!
Mr igloo Can't wait for this to come out.
Abihoc I'd like to see a whole CD dedicated to "new breakbeat hardcore" ..
With lots of Cube::hard / Darwin / DJ Reese / Entity / CLSM / Buzzmasta goodness.
Kosmic I think the real question is...

Will it be the same price as HU3?
acidfluxxbass
quote:
Originally posted by Kosmic:
I think the real question is...

£5.99 HMV, again, pleasssse ;)
sashman15 Hurray for topic re-uppage!

I'm looking forward to this.
DJ-Intensity I am excited by this.

Hoping to see one choon what was supposed to have been on the third one Lover by Weaver & A.M.S remixed by Orbit1 & Inverse that would be wicked if its on there.
Meathead
quote:
Originally posted by Kosmic:
I think the real question is...

Who cares? I'd pay double what i payed for HU3 if i had to tbh.
Real_Fuckin_Hardcore when is it due out??
DJ-Intensity I'll give a good guess by the end of the year.
ChrisDale
quote:
when is it due out??

sometime in autum
Yateszy Can't wait for this, not going to bother with HMV as they didn't even have HU3 in stock when I went, but bloody AATW bonkers all over the shop - will purchase off Amazon.
DJ-Intensity Two Hradcore Underground CDs in the same year how stunning.
Real_Fuckin_Hardcore Ace pretty close then gonna pre-order it soon then...
does any one know who's mixing it??
hope Al storm is again his CD on the last one was ace..
redwingz Just seen a post on ush and someone mentioned that Gammer has said he is working on an album mix but couldnt say what......

Maybe HU4???

Looking at the Low Res pic I can definitely see Brisk and Marc Smith, and I think we have established that Fracus will be involved.

Kosmic
quote:
If Scott Brown is on here like some have speculated

Hes not on it from what iv read
DJ-Intensity It would have been nice if Scott Brown was on it with a few of his choons.
Trimms Well he isn't on it but let's hope some of his songs are!
m0nKeY Disc 1: Fracus & Darwin
Disc 2: Brisk & Marc Smith
Disc 3: Kutski & Al Storm
Disc 4: Oli G & Lost Soul

Personally looking forward to discs 1 & 4 the most but I'm sure none of them will disappoint!
CiALiN 1 will be epic...i think kutski and al storm is an interesting pairing
Miikkii "Since at some point nearly everyone involved has been publically alluded to, or self confirmed, there seems little point in prolonging the longing for concrete line-up information.

So, without further ado "Hardcore Underground" proudly, confidently, even a little smugly, can confirm the line-up for the fourth volume in our album series to be:

Fracus & Darwin, Brisk & Marc Smith, Kutski & Al Storm, Oli G & Lost Soul."

http://www.hardcoreunderground.info/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=8&cntnt01returnid=15
tru bass i just come back from holiday and find this...

the kutski and al storm cd will be ****ing amazing

can life get better?
Meathead
quote:
i just come back from holiday and find this...

can life get better?

Yep. CD4: Oli G & Lost Soul

Also, you've been away you may have missed the 5th Next Gen podcast featuring Luna-C

http://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=46244
DJ-Intensity 2009 is gonna be a good year for hardcore.
m0nKeY Please please please can we now have a release date! There hasn't been something I want to get my hands on more than this in a long long time! :) :D \o/
tru bass
quote:
quote:
i just come back from holiday and find this...

can life get better?

Yep. CD4: Oli G & Lost Soul

Also, you've been away you may have missed the 5th Next Gen podcast featuring Luna-C

http://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=46244

*(Hardcore faith fully re-affirmed)
warped_candykid Anymore news??? coughtracklistcough
CDJay Nearly there, although tracklist won't be posted up this month

Soon! Soon!

CDJay
Meathead
quote:
Nearly there, although tracklist won't be posted up this month

Soon! Soon!

CDJay

acidfluxxbass
quote:
quote:

Soon! Soon!

CDJay

ChrisDale
quote:

Soon! Soon!

CDJay

we cant wait, counting the days lol
CDJay It's looking *really* good, I will say that

CDJay
E-Core From Facebook:

DJ Fracus: HU4, CD1 - Complete :)
acidfluxxbass
quote:
Originally posted by E-Core:
From Facebook:

matter of time now :P
Vladel thank god for atleast one decent hardcore release series!
CiALiN
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
thank god for atleast one decent hardcore release series!

crush on hardcore...electronica exposed..clsm and cotts hardcore revolution compilation

ya cant really say there is no other good hardcore releases
acidfluxxbass
quote:
Originally posted by CiALiN:
quote:

crush on hardcore...electronica exposed..clsm and cotts hardcore revolution compilation

maybe he meant: "thank god for at least one decent top-flight hardcore release series!"
CiALiN
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by CiALiN:
quote:

maybe he meant: "thank god for at least one decent top-flight hardcore release series!"

maybe maybe...

Oli G
quote:
quote:
From Facebook:

Ours too... :D
Meathead
quote:
Originally posted by Oli G:
quote:
quote:
From Facebook:

Dammit i actually can't wait any longer! I'm gonna see if my dad fancies locking me in the cellar Josef Fritzl style to take my mind of this bloody album.
acidfluxxbass
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
From Facebook:

Dammit i actually can't wait any longer! I'm gonna see if my dad fancies locking me in the cellar Josef Fritzl style to take my mind of this bloody album.

haha harsh joke!
Jackol Excitement is boiling inside my loins.
Take what you will from that.
CDJay *offers specimin cup in brusque efficient manner*

CDJay
djDMS I know i probably don't need to say this but i'll be consistent and say what i always do when a new album is imminent...

Will wait for the tracklist before i get too excited! :P
CDJay Normally I'd echo that sentiment heartily.

However I'll vouch for this one.

CDJay
Vladel well cdjay did say before the last one came out that brisk and ham weren't gonna do the "cram as many part tracks as poss into a cd" and he was right so i trust his judgement on this one!

hardcore underground 3 was spectacular compared with everything else floating about
Triquatra can we prod a little and ask if the oli g/lost soul cd will be new freeform or old freeform......or not freeform at all? :P
acidfluxxbass
quote:
Originally posted by DjTriquatra:
can we prod a little and ask if the oli g/lost soul cd will be new freeform or old freeform......or not freeform at all? :P

i'd sell my soul for some older freeform. :P

saying that, ive heard some newer freeform and damn it sounds lush!
warped_candykid As long as there are some happier tracks on there, I'll check it out.
Oli G
quote:
can we prod a little and ask if the oli g/lost soul cd will be new freeform or old freeform......or not freeform at all? :P

We LOVE old freeform, but with all the good current freeform available (mostly to be released soon) we couldn't have justified doing a classics CD, i mean, the tracks are all released, you could go and make your own mix from your favourites... So to answer, its new, mostly unreleased, mostly coming soon, Full on, Purist, Freeform. Any more pigeon holes you want me to add? :D
acidfluxxbass
quote:
quote:

We LOVE old freeform, but with all the good current freeform available (mostly to be released soon) we couldn't have justified doing a classics CD, i mean, the tracks are all released, you could go and make your own mix from your favourites... So to answer, its new, mostly unreleased, mostly coming soon, Full on, Purist, Freeform. Any more pigeon holes you want me to add? :D

Thats a spot on answer. Newer freeform sounds very promising too. Tracks like 'F***ing Rocking It from Energy & A.B. are getting me pressing the repeat button more and more! Totally looking forward to it.
Meathead
quote:
quote:

Is it pigeons in the coop Freeform? Of not i pass :p

Tbh that's ticking all the right boxes for me :D
Triquatra superb! my question was more of a "is it going to be a freeform classics cd" which you answered perfectly lol

i love old freeform too - but i just havent seen much new stuff released on cd in a long time which is a shame...but am very excited for this album now :D

It took 5.78 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page