Radio listeners 167+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Tracks, DJ mixes & release announcements
 [free track] Archefluxx - Colourflaire

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
acidfluxxbass I'm happy with this one mostly because I was able to keep the levels quite normal and thats another step forward for me, and i made my voice sound high-pitched! As Fishy said, its got kind of an old skoolish feel to it, and I kinda get what he means. You could stick this in with a set from 99, and no one could really tell the difference. Though, I like that trait :D

There're somethings I'm not 100% happy with, one being the bass... But oh well...

I used Meatheads Blue Cat Freq. Analyser and the EQ tool (both free). Useful, though I struggled to understand the way frequencies work and whatnot.

Below is what should be the youtube video for the track (make sure you check out the HD version for top quality) and a 320kbs download link.

Enjoy!

http://www.4shared.com/file/109446470/55347491/Archefluxx_-_Colourflaire.html

näkkk I like it, the production is good, and don't worry about the bass, it's fine(if you mean the sound of it, I don't know much about the "right" frequencies and that kind of stuff) :)
Audio Warfare Will check it out when I'm home from work. 8-)
Mortis The melody is really good, change a few notes on the pattern and it would be as bouncy as hell

What did you use to get that old skool choir sound? I've been after that for ages.
acidfluxxbass
quote:
Originally posted by Mortis:
The melody is really good, change a few notes on the pattern and it would be as bouncy as hell

What did you use to get that old skool choir sound? I've been after that for ages.

Thanks Nákkk and Mortis for the feedback, The choir sound is a Nexus Preset, The Binary Voice. I realised that using a repitched recording of my mum holding a C note wasnt entirely practical... but it was a good conversation starter.

And cheers Gary (ca i call u that? seems a bit strange to call someone 'audio').
Mortis
quote:
Originally posted by acidfluxxbass:
The choir sound is a Nexus Preset, The Binary Voice.

Thanks mate.

quote:
I realised that using a repitched recording of my mum holding a C note wasnt entirely practical... but it was a good conversation starter.

Audio Warfare
quote:

And cheers Gary (ca i call u that? seems a bit strange to call someone 'audio').

Haha yeah Gary or Gaz mate. either is fine. :)
näkkk Yeah the choir lead was cool, reminded me of Elysium ;D
Audio Warfare I like it man but the main riff is way over used. If you're going to repeat it that many times you should maybe think about changing it slightly in different places and it would be nice if it was 8 bars rather than just the 4.
Lorenzo.Tweakn im remixin it =)
acidfluxxbass
quote:
Originally posted by Audio Warfare:
I like it man but the main riff is way over used. If you're going to repeat it that many times you should maybe think about changing it slightly in different places and it would be nice if it was 8 bars rather than just the 4.

Yeah I know what you mean, exactly. I wasnt intending to make it overly complicated, and shuffled stuff around to make it a bit more varied, but yeah, your still spot on.
HardcoreHarryUK sounding good mate!!
acidfluxxbass
quote:
Originally posted by HardcoreHarryUK:
sounding good mate!!

thanks harry
choonland
quote:
Originally posted by Audio Warfare:
I like it man but the main riff is way over used. If you're going to repeat it that many times you should maybe think about changing it slightly in different places and it would be nice if it was 8 bars rather than just the 4.

agree with this. is a nice melody but its rather common. other than that I think is good

I like specially this part: 1:26 - 1:48
Meathead Good to see that Freq Analysers coming in handy mate, once you learn a bit more about the frequencies im sure it will even more so.

Ok so....

Bit fast innit? Actually i dont know, ive spent all day listening to and making Dubstep so it could be that lol. I like the choir sound even if it is..... Nexus *shudders* like Nakk said very reminisant of Elysium (and a lot of Scott Brown stuff for that matter). I think the intro is too long, could make for an awkward mix if someone decided to try and use it in a set etc. Would probably benefit from having a nice little break in the track around 1 minute. Not a full on breakdown just a small break allowing the DJ to switch onto that without losing the momentum and having another minute of intro after he/she switches over before it gets into the tracks breakdown. I try to make more interesting transitions when i mix but some dont bother so having an intro that long could put people off, just a suggestion. I know people go on about trying not to sound the same as next man but a little bit of DJ friendly structuring could make a whole lot of difference as to who buys your tunes and uses them in a set.

What was your problem with the bass? Im listening on my headphones at the minute so i cant tell too much (will listen again on my monitors tomorrow). In the breakdown at 3:30 it sounds as though somethings being sidechained/gated? It feels wierd (the only way i can desctibe it really), cant put my finger on why. It may be going throughout the track as there's something gwaning that like i said i cant put my finger on. Might just be me lol.

I like the acid sound, please dont tell me thats Nexus too lol, could do with a bit of tampering with though, acid's been done and over done so much. Maybe add a phaser/flanger/chorus/all of the aforementioned, basically experiment with it. Out of the breakdonw now, sounding very late 90s / early 00s, job well done in that respect mate. I think the piano could have done with coming in later, sounds very sudden i think. Maybe extend the trancey synth another 16 then bring in the piano. Outro is as the intro a bit on the long side.

At times i think there's a bit too much going on in the track, things can become lost. But its pretty good mate, i like the melody very happy and uplifting. There's probably a few things ive missed out, good things i wanted to praise you on or bad things i was going to stone you for but i think ive already wrote more than enough (mainly nonesense about DJs) so ill stop now.

Oh and, its an atempt at early 90s Hardcore? Big, distorted kicks are a must!
acidfluxxbass
quote:
Originally posted by Meathead:
Good to see that Freq Analysers coming in handy mate, once you learn a bit more about the frequencies im sure it will even more so.

Ok so....

Bit fast innit? Actually i dont know, ive spent all day listening to and making Dubstep so it could be that lol. I like the choir sound even if it is..... Nexus *shudders* like Nakk said very reminisant of Elysium (and a lot of Scott Brown stuff for that matter). I think the intro is too long, could make for an awkward mix if someone decided to try and use it in a set etc. Would probably benefit from having a nice little break in the track around 1 minute. Not a full on breakdown just a small break allowing the DJ to switch onto that without losing the momentum and having another minute of intro after he/she switches over before it gets into the tracks breakdown. I try to make more interesting transitions when i mix but some dont bother so having an intro that long could put people off, just a suggestion. I know people go on about trying not to sound the same as next man but a little bit of DJ friendly structuring could make a whole lot of difference as to who buys your tunes and uses them in a set.

What was your problem with the bass? Im listening on my headphones at the minute so i cant tell too much (will listen again on my monitors tomorrow). In the breakdown at 3:30 it sounds as though somethings being sidechained/gated? It feels wierd (the only way i can desctibe it really), cant put my finger on why. It may be going throughout the track as there's something gwaning that like i said i cant put my finger on. Might just be me lol.

I like the acid sound, please dont tell me thats Nexus too lol, could do with a bit of tampering with though, acid's been done and over done so much. Maybe add a phaser/flanger/chorus/all of the aforementioned, basically experiment with it. Out of the breakdonw now, sounding very late 90s / early 00s, job well done in that respect mate. I think the piano could have done with coming in later, sounds very sudden i think. Maybe extend the trancey synth another 16 then bring in the piano. Outro is as the intro a bit on the long side.

At times i think there's a bit too much going on in the track, things can become lost. But its pretty good mate, i like the melody very happy and uplifting. There's probably a few things ive missed out, good things i wanted to praise you on or bad things i was going to stone you for but i think ive already wrote more than enough (mainly nonesense about DJs) so ill stop now.

Oh and, its an atempt at early 90s Hardcore? Big, distorted kicks are a must!

thats a really handy reply, mate, thankyou :)

That's allot to take into account next time around.

Thanks everyone for the constructive comments! once again, they'll help out!
Meathead
quote:
The melody is really good, change a few notes on the pattern and it would be as bouncy as hell

Hailione one on Cubase 5 has something like thas. Think i mite download that remix pack off you Acid and have a bash at this if that's ok?
acidfluxxbass
quote:
Originally posted by Meathead:
quote:

Hailione one on Cubase 5 has something like thas. Think i mite download that remix pack off you Acid and have a bash at this if that's ok?

for sure, man :)

anyone else up for it, the remix pack can be downloaded via the youtube embodiment (write word to use? :S). The pack basically contains the midi for the bassline and the melody, and the sample I did. It's only the basics of a remix pack. I'm not going to spoonfeed ou my song :) Less is more. More creativity and variety, that is :)
Mortis Didn't know their was a remix pack, might have a look myself
acidfluxxbass
quote:
Didn't know their was a remix pack, might have a look myself

please do! I look forward to hearing anything you can come up with :)

I'm going to do a complete reconstruction of the track.

I'm not at all happy with the bass sound I'm using and I want to engineer it more in Sonar since Fruity isnt adaquate for me.
acidfluxxbass just wondering, did anyone have any success remixing this?
Meathead I got to the stage i always get to with all my tracks. An 8 bar loop. No decent intro, no breakdown, no outro just the loop lol. I'll get there eventually....

Just opened up the project again and i actually like where i was going with it and the ideas i had, but i just can't realise them at this point. It's a right pain in the arse! Sorry mate, cheers for sharing it and allowing me to have a bash at remixing it, i'll get it done eventually cos i really like the track, but at the minute it's beyond me :(

It took 1.36 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page