Radio listeners 179+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 What age did you all discover HHC at ?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
MCDJ what age did you all start getting into HHC music and who was your favourite Dj around at that time
I got into it a few years ago after listening to my sister Archaos tapes and Scooter tapes

Happy Hardcore Forever!!
Edward I discovered hardcore at the age of 12 in 1996. And I still love it today!

My neighbour lent me a tape with Dougal and Vibes live b2b at Dance Paradise. It featured THE ORIGINAL "Now Is The Time".

Alex_In_Wonderland Being not as old and as wise as a lot of you I only really got into hardcore a few years back when I listened to one of my mate's slammin' vinyl tapes with a drum & bass remix of heart of gold on it. My favourite DJ was Vinylgroover, Ravin', I'm Ravin', Time & Just For You were and still are bloody amazing tunes.

Alex.
DjXTCEE I was a big fan of the Jungle sceen, which kissfm started playing maybe 4 years back. Back then kiss had some sweet nights I think wednesday was HHC night, bringing some of todays top dj's. I think tues was Jungle night and thats how I got into HHC. I used to listen to it then and got hooked.

I was about 17 and I had a helter skelter tape, don't know what it was cos it had no label on.

"The master returns..."
nightswifter 19, after being introduced to it by a ex dream fm dj!

Charly says! always telly yer mommy b4 u go of somewhere.
Starchild2096 When I started loving HHC? That's hard to say..
I've been loving the German band Dune right from the beginning in 1994. Just last year or sth i realized it is kind of happy hardcore (if not even better in a way :-þ) - then i started downloading all the stuff by Brisk, Paulina Taylor, Bang, Ham, Paul Elstak etc.
So it's either by the age of 11 (1994) or by the age of 17 (2000) when i started loving happy hardcore ;o)
quote:
Originally posted by MCDJ:
I got into it [...] after listening to Scooter tapes
Happy Hardcore Forever!!

Hehe, yeah, Scooter rule. They made some hhc-related stuff like "friends" or "endless sommer".

~ I can't stop raving ~
FingazMc i was 10 and my favourite dj was vibes the first tape i ever heard was a old hardcore heaven vibes and lively one and its probably the best tape ive ever heard

http://mcstyleeuk.homestead.com/homepage.html
silver Hmmmm .... about 90-91 I started listening to rap music, I went to the only shop that sold rap CD's at the time and I discovered techno... the rest is history :)
BM Hehehe.....I discovered Happycore at age 22. And I'm 23...HAHAHAHAHA!!! I love it and it has become a way of life for me!!! YAY!!!

I feel your love.....it's pushin' me higher, I feel the energy, burnin' like fire.....:)
wicky vicky the first time i heard scooter was back in 98 and i didnt really like it but i started going to yo yo contests and the contestants used happy hardcore for there freestyle music so i downloaded eyeopener and that really got me going

"play nothing but hardcore"
Matty K Like Silver, I was well into my hip-hop (sort of still am) - so I got some decks in about 92/3 to scratch mix. Then i started experimenting with hip-hop tunes and speeded up breaks - to effectivley make hardcore (un-be-known to me at the time) Discovered a DJ Pilgrim tape with a very young(er) - but very good Sharkey MC'in, taken from Fusion @Farnborough Rec, so I chanced it - parted with my £5 and .......f**kin luved it. Havent looked back since. Hardcore since 94. 27 and still goin strong!!! Fave dj is a toughy- has to probably be Sy due to his playin 4 the crowd every time(anyone hear him at FD 4 playin a 96 set - ruff!). Nowadays, because there is more of a wide spread of hardcore genres (old skool,the 95-97, bouncey etc etc) I tend to just dance to the music if I like it. If I dont like it then you are normally garaunteed to go into another room and find something you like. It used to be about the deejays and "whose playin tonight???"but now its all about the music.......

The Rhythm Station will always be my home
virus i started listenin to old skool when i was 14, back in 94, then got into happy hardcore thru that :)

adam

scifijungle In 1995 when Montell Jordan was alive, I got into the Oldskool Euro-Dance anthems like , "dancing with an angel" - Double You, "crying in the rain" - Culturebeat, Dj Bobo's "Love is all around", etc..[:0)]

I'm gone sending you outer space...to find another race...
davegage When I was 14 (3 years ago) I heard a few tracks while in School which I liked but never bothered with. Got lent a CD a few months ago which had a few tracks on, this started me off. I now love HHC fave's proabably Force & Styles, Vinyl Groover and Bang!

GT When I was 13/14 in around '97/'97 or so. Can't remember exactly.

================
'You picked me up, and swept me away....'
CircusMusic I got into HHC and HC about 2 months ago =)
loved HC right away (being a former heavy metal listener it just clicked i guess, speed bass wow...)
I noticed another section below HC at Music World - Happy Hardcore
I bought a cd didn't quite like (was way too happy for me) but it grew on me and now I love it =)

Karmadude From what I can remember, the first time I heard it, was about when I was 6. I have grown up around Happy Hardcore and Heavy Metal nuts. I started listening to it properly when I was about 11.
I am now 14.

h00rj for Happy Hardcore!!!11
sugarshack I had been on my friend Steven's Ikonboard and people there liked techno... So i downloaded a couple of Paul Oakenfolds tracks and loved it =D I was then going through some randomess webpages when I came across an HHC lyrics page.. I read a couple of lyrics, downloaded a couple songs and fell in love =) I am now 12....

I always knew something was fishy... then i saw the fish
djtate When I was 16 and i would say my fav dj at the time not now though was dougle. Starnge!

Like Micheal Jackson I 'm a lyrical thriller Jack Nickloson I 'm a hardcore killer like Peter Pan iam the boy who can fly like a 747 right up to the sky
joolscreation I discovered it when i was about 10 and thats back in '95 when i woz flickin through some radio stations and heard brisk and trixxy playing

FingazMc a radio station in the uk! what station was it?was it pirate?

http://mcstyleeuk.homestead.com/homepage.html
xxhappyxx theres 1 station called hyper fm, which plays hhc on a few shows, but u can only get it in the london area, i think its 106.02 fm or sumthin around that. i dont think its pirate. but wasnt radio gonna start playing hhc or sumthin?lol i sooo cant c chris moyles playing it in the aftanoon tho...

'come fly my child 2 a special place, with angels in the sky, the time has come 2 fly!'
djjum I was 14 when I first got into Hardcore. Thats was when it was real big but then everyone went and started listening to house and then finally listing to trance but I decided to stay with the hardcore. In Northern Ireland we were priveleged to have hardcore played on the provinces top two radio stations every Saturday night at the same time. Now all they play is trance and commercial dance. When I moved to Wales everyone was listening to crap like garage and rock which is even worse. Sash played at my University Ball this year and all the Welsh and English thought he was crap but the ones from Europe and Northern Ireland and Scotland loved it cause thats what we;re used to hearing. I've never been to a club before that played rock music but in Wales a lot of clubs do, I guess its just a totally different music culture over there.

StrifeII about september i was 11 at the time now im 12 an i love it my fav djs at the time were force & styles mainly cos thats the only tape i'd heard!

------------------------------------------------------------
http://artists2.iuma.com/IUMA/Bands/Robbie_Jay/
sugarshack robbie.... you're cool, you're stellar, you're ouuta this werld.... you're the only other 12 year old that I know that is into hhc

I fling poo
sugarshack damnit... you meant 21 =(

I fling poo
GT No, he meant 12...

================
'You picked me up, and swept me away....'
Heist I first heard happy hard in 1995 when i was 12. I was at a mates place sleeping over and his brother was litening to a hardcore set on the radio while we were next door asleep. I woke up and since his brother was asleep I crept out and sat in the hall to listen to this ****ing incredible shit. I'd never heard anything like it.

I then found out my firend had some tapes from the radio set and some dj vagas cd's. Tracks like Midas - Groove controll and Jimmy J & Cru-l-T - 6 Days had me hooked. A sydney Dj called paul holden played to this day my fave set and its the shittiest recording ever and only 8 tracks long, but ****. Its the best. Been hooked on all hardcore ever since...

www.mp3.com/djheist
Soren Man, Im soooo oldschool!!!! WAIT!! No, im trueschool! I discovered HHC in 1977 when I was 2 years old. It rocks! ^_^

Dave-Rayvon I was about 11 when a friend came back from Germany with some tapes. After that he started borrowing tapes from UK raves off his older brother and that's when I discovered my interest in it. Before, I used to walk past some shop windows and see some of the Dreamscape and Helter Skelter packs, not knowing what sort of music it was, and just wondering "what the hell?!?!?!?!" as you have to admit the pictures on them are kind of wierd. Do you think they have some sort of meanings behind them? Some of the Helter Skelter ones are intreauging.

Dave!
Elation i guess i must have been about 17 years old and that was back in 1993, so ive been at for about 10 years, wow, what a long strange trip its been.

(:(:happyhardcoresmiles:):)
MC RizlaDizla I was 13, it was 93 and the first 'rave' track I ever heard was On a Ragga Tip. Let me be you Fantasy and Set me Free. Then in 94 I was into Jungle. Would go round me m8's house and go on his decks and try to MC. Then after buying some Mickey Fin tape I brought a Slipmatt tape and thought ****ing hell. Loved the banging thumps and the uplifting vocals.

I listened to this until about 98, and then came Garage and I was swept away for a bit due to it dying out. It had completely disappeared in my area. Then in 2000 met this person who was mad for it, and I, picked right off from 98. But I wished I had never left.

"Oh my goodness, Oh my Gosh. Here we go with a badboy rush".

It took 1.8 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page