Radio listeners 183+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 HU, LT & HTIDUSA Blu The Roof Kickstarter Project

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
latininxtc After months of planning, this project is finally revealed to the public!

https://www.facebook.com/HULtdOfficial/posts/754846991290738:0

quote:
Hardcore Underground, Lethal Theory & HTID USA join forces on a unique project and present: Blu The Roof!

Always keen to push boundries, we have joined forced with HTID USA, and Lethal Theory, to film a cutting-edge standard Blu-ray/DVD release featuring two full DJ sets and plenty of supplemental footage at the HTID USA Weekender event in Phoenix (AZ)! Using the very latest in broadcast standard cameras and related technologies, with a >HD workflow and multichannel audio, we're aiming at nothing short of a truly immersive sense-searing spectacle, and will be shooting both Fracus & Darwin's set as well as Joey Riot's!

Not only will this beautifully showcase the music we all love, but will capturing the feel of a truly epic event filled with up-for-it ravers on a night like no other!

Only YOU can make this happen, because like all the best ideas these days, we're crowd funding this unique project via Kickstarter! That means loads of limited edition goodies up for grabs.

If you don't know what crowd funding is, or how it works, visit the campaign page and check out what's happening
wink emoticon

Visit The Campaign Page To Pledge / See More!
http://kck.st/1IHto5e

So, if you're unable to attend HTID USA we've got the next best thing and *you* can still be a part of it. If you are attending HTID USA, this is potentially the best memento imaginable. With your help, we'll create not just a mind blowing "in-rave experience" but also a cutting edge showreel for the genre as a whole. As the music continues to grow around the world, it's imperative that we have media to a standard that does it justice, and with Hardcore so often neglected on major radio and TV stations, it's time we made the World take notice of what we can do when we work together!

Because this project is heading SO far into brand new territory, and because we want the opportunity for the music to be showcased in the best way possible (which means expensive equipment!) we're opting to fund this entire project via Kickstarter, arguably the biggest and best crowd-funding platform out there. If you don't know what crowd funding is, or how it works, we've written a hugely detailed account along with a million FAQs on the pledge page itself. In simple terms however...

YOU get to decide whether this project happens, and how much money you want to spend on it. There are various (and in most cases very limited numbers of) packages available. The more you pay, the more goodies you get! If enough of you pledge your funds, and spread the word, talk to your friends, and we reach our funding target then it's all systems GO! If we exceed the base level amount to green-light the project, the extra money will be re-invested into it and there a whole host of EXTRA cool things we can add in at various further milestones.

HTID USA is going to be a once in a lifetime event, and not only will we be making sure that both Fracus & Darwin and Joey are all working towards the best performances of their lives (along with hosts MC Enemy, MC Obie & Mc Mayhem), but that YOU get your time on the dancefloor and the whole experience captured in a way that not even the biggest and best concert Blu-Rays on the market can compete with. This is going to be NEXT LEVEL!

Check out the Campaign page (SIGN UP FOR KICKSTARTER NOW!) and get behind one of the most unique, and exciting opportunities to be part of something new in Hardcore history!

HU, LT Present: Blu The Roof (Kickstarter Campaign)

I'm not normally one to be a huge fan of these crowdfunding sites and campaigns, but this one is very near and dear to me and all of you who are still around supporting the industry, plus you also get something in return for your contribution! I've already pledged for one of the Blu Ray/CD limited edition collections! :)
djDMS Great idea. I have high hopes for this
arpz Backed @ ?75 level because omg this is awesome. Fully endorse this, another great forward thinking idea.

Nice one guys!
djDMS I may upgrade mine yet...
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
I may upgrade mine yet...

Same here, if I win the lottery I'm aiming for that ?1,000 one!
arpz 5565 to go....I've got everything crossed
trippnface sweeeet i hope this makes it will defo jump in
AoS_Lorenzo I got the 45 quid one. I was the 2nd one to contribute. Someone did the studio session with Fracus & Darwin which is cool. Over 2,000 of the 7,500 needed all within like 6 hours or so.
Claxton This should get at least 15k.

If hard dance fans raised 60k for Tidy, hardcore can do this!!
_Jay_

Backed. Up to 3.3k now. That was 435 quid when I saw it at lunchtime yesterday. Great effort!

Obie MC Thanks to everyone who has backed so far!
Literally we are breaking boundaries and this is going to be special... Hell in even going to pledge!
Torpex Backed. Fingers crossed. :)
CDJay
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
This should get at least 15k.

If hard dance fans raised 60k for Tidy, hardcore can do this!!

Coincidentally, that's about the amount we need to do it "right".

CDJay
arpz Fracus just posted an update video, keep it moving people! Over half way now!

https://www.facebook.com/djfracus/videos/10154545195443532/?pnref=story
DjZelous Broke high school student will try to donate!
CDJay Looking like we might just cross the 2/3 mark, within 48 hours!

Which is good, because I want to talk about stretch goals and scope

CDJay
arpz Can you do it anyway? Such excite!

Is it looking positive? It appears to be but I have no idea how these things pan out after the initial people jump on
CDJay It's roughly what I hoped for, in week 1. You could argue we're ahead, but all that's happened is the highest tiers have gone faster than expected, with lower uptake than expected of the initial ones.

If we were shooting at 7.5k and no more I'd be ecstatic, obviously, but the whole point of this exercise is to get considerably past that.

Core audience have performed above and beyond (love you guys, you're the reason we're still here!) but traction with the casuals and HTID USA ravers isn't where it needs to be. I didn't expect it to happen off the bat, but it means there's a lot of work still to do.

That said, we haven't revealed everything, and proper descriptions and mock ups of stuff will be drip fed through the campaign.

I'm pretty optimistic; it's never been done before (the cameras we're eyeing up genuinely are more typically used for blockbuster films. Think: Avatar 2, The Martian etc) and we're very lucky to be able to keep so much of the time consuming sorting/editing/mixing in house or this would be heading towards 6 figures rather than 5. As a scene, we can end this with something that stands toe to toe with *anything* else in this vein. It's just whether there's the collective hunger and vision still left after the infighting and slow bleed of the past few years.

CDJay
arpz I've been refreshing it quite frequently, it jumped quite a bit after Fracus' video and steadied out again, casuals and mainstreamers are so irritating.. hope they will jump on board, I'm wondering if it's just got to the point where people just don't want to pay for anything anymore though

edit: woooo! ?5077!
trippnface
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
It's roughly what I hoped for, in week 1. You could argue we're ahead, but all that's happened is the highest tiers have gone faster than expected, with lower uptake than expected of the initial ones.

If we were shooting at 7.5k and no more I'd be ecstatic, obviously, but the whole point of this exercise is to get considerably past that.

Core audience have performed above and beyond (love you guys, you're the reason we're still here!) but traction with the casuals and HTID USA ravers isn't where it needs to be. I didn't expect it to happen off the bat, but it means there's a lot of work still to do.

That said, we haven't revealed everything, and proper descriptions and mock ups of stuff will be drip fed through the campaign.

I'm pretty optimistic; it's never been done before (the cameras we're eyeing up genuinely are more typically used for blockbuster films. Think: Avatar 2, The Martian etc) and we're very lucky to be able to keep so much of the time consuming sorting/editing/mixing in house or this would be heading towards 6 figures rather than 5. As a scene, we can end this with something that stands toe to toe with *anything* else in this vein. It's just whether there's the collective hunger and vision still left after the infighting and slow bleed of the past few years.

CDJay

lookin good so far!!!

i feel like there are alot of last minute heros too ;)

the momentum is large i am sure others will hop on

i posted something about it on reddit rave page. gets ALOT of traffic and nobody talks about HTID or real parties soooo hopefully they see this xp

think i will try bluelight too lol
CDJay That's exactly what it needs, grassroot support, inventive motivated backers and team.

We'll do it, I'm increasingly convinced

CDJay
djDMS Trying to think of ways to spread the word that haven't been done already.

Told my mum but she isn't interested sadly.

Will chew a few ears at my next gig/event appearance
latininxtc
quote:
Trying to think of ways to spread the word that haven't been done already.

Tramp stamp maybe?
AoS_Lorenzo I'll try bringing it up in the chat when I tune into radio shows like tonight during hardcore hodgepodge. Different things like that. Maybe talk to Silver for this website & Checky at krafty radio to see if you can be featured on the main page of the sites.
_Jay_

Has the main HTID fan page shared this? 100k+ fans I think. Gotta be a few grands worth in there!

latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:

Has the main HTID fan page shared this? 100k+ fans I think. Gotta be a few grands worth in there!

I'm looking at it right now and I see nothing. BUT surprisingly they did share the release of HU7! That's progress, right?
arpz Just asked Martin from http://www.thecrazydutchmansblog.nl/ to write something about it and he said he will :)
_Jay_
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:

I'm looking at it right now and I see nothing. BUT surprisingly they did share the release of HU7! That's progress, right?

I wasn't knocking HTID. They've shared ReBuild and Stamina stuff in the past. Was genuinely just curious because if they do there's a fair bit of monetary potential there, just in terms of numbers.

Claxton Yeah, I think it would add a substantial boost if HTID shared it.
AoS_Lorenzo less than ?1,600. We got this! Hopefully!
djchexmixer Such a cool idea. Been spreading the word.

Love the fact the ?150 shout out tier has been pledged. That is one pricey shout out! heh :) But for a good cause.
shades316 Haven't seen this mentioned on FB by Gammer, Styles, HTID etc. Such a shame....
Ikstra
quote:
Originally posted by shades316:
Haven't seen this mentioned on FB by Gammer, Styles, HTID etc. Such a shame....

There's still 3 weeks for things to happen.
shades316
quote:
Originally posted by Ikstra:
quote:
Originally posted by shades316:
Haven't seen this mentioned on FB by Gammer, Styles, HTID etc. Such a shame....

There's still 3 weeks for things to happen.

Yep, I do agree... Just keen for the initial target to be reached and for some \ all of the stretch goals to be realised. ☺ Maybe I am just impatient!
djDMS Not at all. Everybody with any kind of interest should have been right behind it from the start.

But there's obviously nothing in it for them....
shades316
quote:
Not at all. Everybody with any kind of interest should have been right behind it from the start.

But there's obviously nothing in it for them....

On one hand I think it would be cool if this whole project was realised without any of them. Kind of like a big F.U!

On the other it goes against the whole ethos of working together for the greater good.
arpz It's gone a bit quiet now :(

Grrrrr
CDJay We were waiting for a massive pledge to happen before updating, but KS have yet to resolve so we'll have to resume updates and other planned promo.

This *always* happens in the middle of any crowdfunding campaign, and isn't really a cause for concern. We've got some cool stuff to reveal next week and the following week, and will do a huge push over the last weekend.

We're *far* from showing our hand

It's alarming just how disinterested a lot of cliques actually are in the wider scene though. It's going to be very hard for anyone to get the genre back to rude health in this climate I fear.

CDJAy
Samination It's nice that the kickstarted has raised a fair amount of money, but the actually amount of contributers (excluding me atm), is very low. 100 people doesn't sound like it has engaged many people.
arpz
quote:
We were waiting for a massive pledge to happen before updating, but KS have yet to resolve so we'll have to resume updates and other planned promo.

This *always* happens in the middle of any crowdfunding campaign, and isn't really a cause for concern. We've got some cool stuff to reveal next week and the following week, and will do a huge push over the last weekend.

We're *far* from showing our hand

It's alarming just how disinterested a lot of cliques actually are in the wider scene though. It's going to be very hard for anyone to get the genre back to rude health in this climate I fear.

CDJAy

All sounding positive :) Wasn't really trying to put a negative on it since it looks like it's going to happen at least, just thought the updates would be more frequent after fracus' day two update.

It's so incredible, it costs nothing at all to retweet or repost something. What is actually going on here? It can't be that they're not aware of it, is it concern that if HU gains too much traction it will cause problems for the mainstream lot? I really can't see how there aren't at least individuals doing a bit of reposting, even if it doesn't match the overall view of whatever collection of dicks they represent, is there perhaps something contractual preventing them from doing it? (if so, why?!!) Grr.
djDMS Like I said before, far too many people thinking 'if it doesn't benefit me, why should I bother'?

The fact that things like this do a lot for the 'scene' as a whole never gets recognised, too many artists and labels are happy with their small slice of a small pie when they could be part of a bigger, all you can eat pie buffet!
CDJay There's still plenty of time for people to engage, we always intended to front load with an engaged audience to make it actually happen. How much we can ultimately do with it, though, was always going to lie in the couple of hundred passingly interested people.

Should have some stuff re: the cameras and workflow early next week.

CDJay
trippnface it kind of sucks cuz most of the people that rave in the states spend 400 bucks on a festival for ticket ALONE for some mainstream crap. if we could get a few of these people to contribute to a cause liek this instead we would be done in 1 day.

for example i saw people talking about nocturnal tickets where gammer & styles will be playing ; price was over 350 for just tickets!!!! sure it is a massive with a large line up and huge sound; but do they know they could see styles & gammer for less than half that price and have 100x better time?

just need like 4 EDC kids to support this lol >.>
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
it kind of sucks cuz most of the people that rave in the states spend 400 bucks on a festival for ticket ALONE for some mainstream crap.

First of all, those aren't real raves and second those aren't real "ravers." And I doubt the majority of the ones who want to see Styles & Gammer spend that much just for them, they're seeing a plethora of other shit as well.

And you can't compare Nocturnal to this kickstarter because they're an entirely different thing. Nocturnal is an event and this is more of a product. Granted this kickstarter is based on an event, but the end result that you're getting is a Blu-Ray/DVD of the event.

Also, you can't expect that much good support from American "ravers", they're some of the cheapest turds in this country who think a $20 cover charge is outrageous.
trippnface
quote:
quote:
it kind of sucks cuz most of the people that rave in the states spend 400 bucks on a festival for ticket ALONE for some mainstream crap.

First of all, those aren't real raves and second those aren't real "ravers." And I doubt the majority of the ones who want to see Styles & Gammer spend that much just for them, they're seeing a plethora of other shit as well.

And you can't compare Nocturnal to this kickstarter because they're an entirely different thing. Nocturnal is an event and this is more of a product. Granted this kickstarter is based on an event, but the end result that you're getting is a Blu-Ray/DVD of the event.

Also, you can't expect that much good support from American "ravers", they're some of the cheapest turds in this country who think a $20 cover charge is outrageous.

i feel ya; i just think with how cheap tickets are nearly everyone could support this somewhat.

100 backers for how many people attending is super weak. just compared it to noc because you could get ticket to this; goodies; and the blu the roof and still have more leftover money

just feel like screaming at some of these people but i guess you are right; they are not really ravers...but damn they should spend their money on this >.>
CDJay We'll be back on the promo this week, got a lot of cool stuff to talk about!

CDJay
trippnface i think we got this

also; i think we would "really got this"

if kickstarter stopped dicking around the homie shaun and lets him put down his fat pledge!!! xp !
CDJay I heard back from them; should be sorted

CDJay
Triquatra Looking forward to putting my money in the pot, waiting a little while so I can put more in than I can right now :)
CDJay It doesn't charge you now, and you can always upgrade sometime before the campaign ends in 2 weeks.

The more people in early, the more people will jump on.

Gwaaaarn

(Odds are good we'll cross the funding target in the next day or so, at which point I'll bleat about packaging on the Deluxe Edition (which is going to be F**ing awesome, and is only available during this campaign!!!))

CDJay
Ikstra
quote:
(Odds are good we'll cross the funding target in the next day or so

Incredible prediction, we're now at 102% funded.
trippnface gentlemen. we have go :D
arpz
quote:
gentlemen. we have go :D

Hurrah! :D
djchexmixer Very nice! woo woo!
Claxton Fantastic news!! And fair play to whoever pledged ?1000. Let's hope that it can reach some of the stretch goals now.
CDJay Whilst I didn't honestly expect anyone to pledge at that level ($1000 maybe, ?1000 I figured not) we'll make *damned* sure it feels worthwhile.

Claxton.... decided to attend, yet?

CDJay
arpz ?8750 pledged gets us a Powerstomp workout extra feature!!!!

Seriously... don't care about 7.1 sound myself (@ ?10k) although it's obviously cool for people who can support it - I'm overweight and want Joey Riot to shout obscenities at me!
CDJay The 7.1 feature enables us to save space (the DTS HD MA track can contain 7.1/5.1/Stereo in a single core stream). This enables us to add a music only track, also in 7.1/5.1/Stereo.

At 24/96khz, the audio tracks will take up a suprising amount of space if in PCM with both 5.1 and Stereo tracks. Lossless audio codecs mean more space for features, and bitrate for picture quality.

Care yet? EH?

CDJay
CrushOnHardcore Great to hear this! Really looking forward. A little too late perhaps, but I'll pledge this weekend; better late than never...?!
arpz
quote:
The 7.1 feature enables us to save space (the DTS HD MA track can contain 7.1/5.1/Stereo in a single core stream). This enables us to add a music only track, also in 7.1/5.1/Stereo.

At 24/96khz, the audio tracks will take up a suprising amount of space if in PCM with both 5.1 and Stereo tracks. Lossless audio codecs mean more space for features, and bitrate for picture quality.

Care yet? EH?

CDJay

I think I get it... Ok, in which case that's a nice touch, I figured it was just about people with fancy stereos... 5.1 can't contain 5.1 & Stereo then? Oh whatever it's magic regardless

Anyway, proper chuffed it's funded and crossing all my stuff for stretch goals :)
Claxton
quote:
Whilst I didn't honestly expect anyone to pledge at that level ($1000 maybe, ?1000 I figured not) we'll make *damned* sure it feels worthwhile.

Claxton.... decided to attend, yet?

CDJay

Every time you ask me you just remind me of the fact that I won't be there. In fact, it's even less likely as of today seeing as though I'm probably going to need a new car!!

Seriously though, the Powerstomp workout will be HILARIOUS!
_Jay_

Very pleased this made it over the line.

You thought about using KickStarter for financing events?

CDJay TBH I can't see us using crowd funding again anytime soon, we've always held it in our heads as a one shot deal.

Evidence? We'd originally spent a few months setting up a Kickstarter campaign tail end of 2013. Project? Bonkers 18. Fell apart, despite my best efforts, at the end as major players wanted to wait and see if Clubland Xtreme was going to happen.

So, kids, you aren't *just* backing a project here. This is a public facing critique/validation of HU and it having a voice at the table going forward.

CDJay
latininxtc
quote:
TBH I can't see us using crowd funding again anytime soon, we've always held it in our heads as a one shot deal.

Evidence? We'd originally spent a few months setting up a Kickstarter campaign tail end of 2013. Project? Bonkers 18. Fell apart, despite my best efforts, at the end as major players wanted to wait and see if Clubland Xtreme was going to happen.

So, kids, you aren't *just* backing a project here. This is a public facing critique/validation of HU and it having a voice at the table going forward.

CDJay

An official Bonkers 18 would have been badass, but IMO it doesn't make sense for HU to be the one to make it because the Hardcore Underground series has turned to a modern version of the Bonkers series, except with much more diversity in styles and producers featured on the album.
CDJay I saw the increased polarisation of the scene happening, and our continuation of being maligned. As much as HU7 is, now, all there is left it doesn't have the same stature or wide acceptance as something like Bonkers could/would. There are *still* segments of the now tiny UK scene intent on ignoring HU and anything related to it.

Bonkers 18 could have quite literally spared the scene two years of decline and despondancy. United the factions, showcased the genre. Basically HU7, but two years ago.

Also, who else would you actually trust to do it at this point?

CDJay
CDJay I've posted some information about the filming in the latest campaign update.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hardcoreunderground/hardcore-underground-present-blu-the-roof-htid-usa/posts/1329497

More to come ;)

CDJay
Ikstra I'm not a film geek, so sorry if I'm completely off the mark with this (casual googling says that DVD doesn't support 60p):

The original kickstarter intro video looks like it's filmed at a higher fps than the typical 24 for films. This looks 'off' to me and I doubt I'd be able to get used to it.

I'm aware that films are starting to transition to HFR, and definitely wouldn't want to hinder the overall quality of the release because I'm stuck in the past.

That being said: What fps is the DVD/Blu Ray planned to be provided at, and if it's provided as a HFR release would it be simple for me (with a PC) to reduce the frame rate to 24fps?
CDJay You bring up an interesting point!

The KS pledge video was shot on an action cam, which, obviously, won't be employed for shooting HTID USA. I would hazard a guess the framerate was 60.

Now we *are* targetting a 4k/60 (IE HFR) workflow, but obviously that isn't suitable for the blu-ray/DVD. The final blu-ray will be at 1080i/30, and the DVD will be at 480i/30. This is the best match for how we're planning on shooting whilst leaving us with useable assets for UHD down the road. I would imagine on a computer there are various ways to frameskip to 24fps if you so chose although I don't think you'd suffer much of the "Soap Opera Effect" at 30 with the sort of filming done here. Bear in mind that DVDs don't support 24fps, anyway, so you either had 3:2 pulldown on NTSC (480) or a 4% speedup of 24fps material with PAL (576). Yes, that's right, all DVDs actually speed up films in the UK by 4%. Ditto TV broadcasts of films. We're used to it, but it seriously freaks out Americans when they visit!

That all said, I'm a huge proponent of HFR; I've been a PC gamer for far too long to think that sticking to a frame rate decided on nearly 100 years ago (as the minimum for "motion" to look okay) is a good idea. The majority of modern TVs can't convincingly do black frame insertion, which would mimic the CRT displays of yore, which means that percieved motion resolution takes a huge hit. HFR goes a long way to solving that, and whilst in infancy (let's face it, almost all cinematography has been built around 24/25/30fps for years) it'll be the norm before long. 4k Broadcast specs gestating worldwide almost all moot either 100 or 120fps!

CDJay
Triquatra I was also wondering something like that

I have a 4k tv, I've no idea what to do with it...nothing for a few years I suppose; bit of a silly purchase when you think about..by the time 4k blu rays are the norm etc I could have just bought a cheaper better 4k tv when that happens.
CDJay Well, much as with "HD Ready" tvs back in the day (sub 1080p) you still get a lot of benefit in terms of increased resolution.

The biggest leap with the move to UHD isn't actually resolution, for years and years the ISF (Imaging Science Foundation) have rated displays with the idea that it is contrast which is the highest factor in image quality. The latest (and I do mean very very latest, and expensive) sets support a few key things:

10 bit color: A 10 bit color panel is capable of displaying up to 1.03 billion colors. An 8 bit panel is limited to 16.7 million. Sounds like a lot, but when it comes to displaying color graduations 8 bit isn't really enough. For film it's taken in at a workflow level and mitigated, but if you ever wondered why in computer games you sometimes see banding in dark areas or areas of variation in tone within a specific color... that's why.

The monitor we are using for editing is a Dell UltraSharp 27 Ultra HD 5K Monitor ? UP2715K. It is, unsuprisingly, a 10 bit capable display. It uses the same panel as the Retina iMacs, but without a laptop tethered to it. We are also using a GPU capable of outputting 10bit color, which OSX can't do. Needless to say, no-one will be grading any 4k broadcast or UHD Blu-ray material on a Mac.

HDR: This is going to get called a lot of different things, by a lot of different manufacturers. In the update about the camera, I fixated a bit on the Red camera being able to do a phenomenal job with low light detail, and dynamic range. HDR is the same thing on the display side. For *years* most things have been color graded with a low dynamic range and limited color pallete in line with the capabilities of CRT projectors and displays. The latest 4k panels will have peak brightness, and local dimming, which enables a quantum leap in contrast and dynamic range. This is the big selling point of 4k, not resolution. Once you've seen HDR footage on a decent display (Fox have been supplying a regraded "Life of Pi" from USB for most trade shows) every other TV or cinema you look at will look lifeless and flat. It's a big deal. The cinema equivilant is something like Dolby Vision (also filtering down to consumers) or the newest IMAX laser projectors which should be in a few cinemas UK wise by the tail end of the year.

Color gamut: This is a combination of the above two. You may have, at some point, seen a block of various colors with a triangle across them. This shows color gamut/coverage. The latest 4k TVs are in line with the newest UHD Blu-ray spec which will allow FAR greater coverage of color and graduations therein.

Framerate: As Ikstra mentioned, there've been a few (but not many) High FrameRate films released. Most Notably "The Hobbit" films, but Avatar 2 will be the same. Really this is more interesting for concert/documentary/sport coverage as the bulk of existing content isn't show in this manner.

As great as that 5k monitor is, for our purposes, it won't be suitable for color grading to UHD spec for future use. That's ignoring the fact that proper color grading gear is catastrophically expensive, and we just aren't experienced in it. That's the last bit of the chain, where we will have to hand off to a third party.

The good news there, is that the guy we've got in mind to do it is currently working on "The Jungle Book" for Disney. Just sayin'

CDJay
CDJay Oh, also, missed the obivous thing. Same as when 1080p came along, the best use for a 4k display is PC Gaming. Although you'll need a ridiculous setup for it to be a good idea at present. Also is ideal if your TV supports 4:4:4 color at 4k/60.

By next year you'll see a die shrink on graphics card chipsets, and even a mid range card will be able to handle 4k gaming smoothly.

CDJay
DJ Fracus
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay: Evidence? We'd originally spent a few months setting up a Kickstarter campaign tail end of 2013. Project? Bonkers 18. Fell apart, despite my best efforts.

quote:
You thought about using KickStarter for financing events?

Apart from our time spent in meetings, and the prep work, at least that idea crashing cost us nothing. Well, the Brunel Rooms too, but nothing else ;) Anyway I'm glad it worked out the way it did and we got to use KS for the first time on this instead, but I don't think it's something that's right to use for events, not smaller scale anyway. We *might* just do some things soon on that front anyway later in the year ;)

Cyrax How much of the money pledged is going to be spent on make up for Fracus and Darwin?
CDJay There's two obvious options:

1 - The cost of a bottle of vodka, and a cheapo make up complete kit from Walmart. I drink aforementioned vodka, and use the kit on 'em.

2 - We track down the woman in that video from the KS update. She could do something entertaining.

I can't see any other ways being viable.

CDJay
Captain Triceps
AoS_Lorenzo Here's the real question; how stuntin will Nick's shades be for the Blu Ray?
CDJay New update video posted, revealing two new stretch goals:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hardcoreunderground/hardcore-underground-present-blu-the-roof-htid-usa/posts/1337250

11,250 - Documentary about HTID USA, the filming of the Blu-Ray. Additional feature about "Diversions" including attended mastering @ Metropolis Studios (London).

12,500 - Meron Ryan will perform at HTID USA (known from "Never Let Go" and "Heavyweight"). It is also planned to have Redmoon flown over from Singapore.

12.5k is roughly what we need to proceed optimally, so anyone who's been holding out for payday... it's time

I'm also going to stress one more time, the *ONLY* way to get the collectors edition (in digipak with card sleeve, audio CDs, with artbook) is during this campaign. They will *NOT* be made available for sale at a later date, and will no doubt change hands for far more than the pledge amount. I will be posting up info on the collectors edition over the weekend, and I think it's safe to say that the super early bird tiers won't be around much longer......

CDJay

Claxton Come on people!!! So many of you are going to buy this anyway. Why not make the product EVEN better for yourselves anyway?
danielseven I just pledged this! Maybe I will be the only Italian that did this!
CDJay ?15 away from clearing the first stretch goal!

Clever people with ready access to funds; there's a new "Ambassador" tier. You can pre-order the deluxe edition (which we won't be selling after the campaign) in bulk at significant cost savings for future profiteering and scene enhancing fun times.

CDJay
Craigavon raver Only seeing this now! so you have to pledge to be able to buy a copy? or it will be available as a release to buy afterwards?
CDJay The basic blu-ray/dvd will be available for ?20 + postage the week after backers get it.

The collectors edition and higher tier items (t-shirt/poster etc) are ONLY available during the campaign and won't be available afterwards.

I'm faintly stunned more people haven't worked out faster that they could buy the ?45 tier now and resell for far more later. Availability will be far lower than something like HU2 (and a lot of people won't actually realise how cool/good this is until AFTER it is done, so demand will spike late year, sadly).

I *strongly* urge people to snap up the ?45 option whilst it's there.

CDJay
trippnface
quote:
The basic blu-ray/dvd will be available for ?20 + postage the week after backers get it.

The collectors edition and higher tier items (t-shirt/poster etc) are ONLY available during the campaign and won't be available afterwards.

I'm faintly stunned more people haven't worked out faster that they could buy the ?45 tier now and resell for far more later. Availability will be far lower than something like HU2 (and a lot of people won't actually realise how cool/good this is until AFTER it is done, so demand will spike late year, sadly).

I *strongly* urge people to snap up the ?45 option whilst it's there.

CDJay

most people suck at economics
GrahamC Will there be an option to get the CDs with/without the MCs without the BDs? Bit lilke Rehab?

Much as I want to support the whole thing, watching other people on the telly having a good time and bouncing around would not be my cup of tea
CDJay Collectors edition, only available during the campaign, has 4 audio CDs. Both sets, both sets music only, and a few exclusive tracks on there too.

CDJay
GrahamC Ignore, being blind.

Bought it.

So..... On the subject of MC-less music, Rehab? Any closer to getting the clean audio for download? I could send you back my HU thumb-drive and you could pop it on for me :)
brenergy
quote:
Collectors edition, only available during the campaign, has 4 audio CDs. Both sets, both sets music only, and a few exclusive tracks on there too.

CDJay

did you say.... exclusive tracks? =w=

well, good thing i just upgraded my pledge :V
trippnface oh yeaahhh this is getting classy!!!
CDJay
quote:
Originally posted by GrahamC:
Ignore, being blind.

Bought it.

So..... On the subject of MC-less music, Rehab? Any closer to getting the clean audio for download? I could send you back my HU thumb-drive and you could pop it on for me :)

TBF that'll work.

We're still waiting on a site upgrade, and are endlessly distracted.

Hit me up via PM [;)}

CDJay
trippnface is $15,440 not already at least 10,000 gbp converted? why does it only say 9,884 converted; what am i missing
drewonfire Just upped my pledge, for two reasons:

1) it's so damn close to the 10,000 stetch goal now (1 more person and we should be there!) I wanted to aid in getting it to that point at least! [Although the stretch goals where we get some live tracks by Redmoon & Meron Ryan would be ideal]

2) I now get two copies of the material. Although, I do want to ask a question to CDJay. I live in China for 11 months of the year, and posting stuff to here is a nightmare (I actually had one CD from you guys that never turned up). I've recently tried to order something else to try again, as I live in a new building now (fingers crossed it shows up this time)...

Anyway, my question is: since I get two of the sets, can I have one posted to China and one posted to a UK address (that way if the China one goes missing, I still have one copy safe!) I have already added the extra for international shipping, but I'd be happy to throw down another fiver if that's necessary...
Impulse_Response I finally pledged. I'm really looking forward to this.

I'm also happy to announce that, according to Kickstarter's conversion, we have 7.1 audio.
Torpex Holy crap, 10k.
CDJay
quote:
Originally posted by drewonfire:
I now get two copies of the material. Although, I do want to ask a question to CDJay. I live in China for 11 months of the year, and posting stuff to here is a nightmare (I actually had one CD from you guys that never turned up). I've recently tried to order something else to try again, as I live in a new building now (fingers crossed it shows up this time)...

Anyway, my question is: since I get two of the sets, can I have one posted to China and one posted to a UK address (that way if the China one goes missing, I still have one copy safe!) I have already added the extra for international shipping, but I'd be happy to throw down another fiver if that's necessary...

Absolutely, we'll send out a backer survey to get some details once the campaign concludes (largely to work out t-shirt sizes, and names for blu-ray end credits) and again closer to shipping as people might move etc.

If you've had a CD go missing, *please* either PM me or use the contact form on the website. We can claim the cost of post, and lost item, back from Royal Mail and ship repeatedly until one gets through the net

Thanks for your support guys, we'll do all we can to justify your faith!

CDJay

arpz Amazing news! Chuffed this is going ahead at full steam :) :)
drewonfire
quote:
Absolutely, we'll send out a backer survey to get some details once the campaign concludes (largely to work out t-shirt sizes, and names for blu-ray end credits) and again closer to shipping as people might move etc.

If you've had a CD go missing, *please* either PM me or use the contact form on the website. We can claim the cost of post, and lost item, back from Royal Mail and ship repeatedly until one gets through the net

Thanks for your support guys, we'll do all we can to justify your faith!

CDJay

Oops! My bad, should have let you guys know. It was that Summer Sessions CD you guys gave away for a fiver a while back. Anyway, doesn't matter anymore as it was released for download on Soundcloud at the start of this year. Anyway, the CD I have on the way now, I'll let you know if it doesn't turn up!

Was chatting with a coworker about this recently, China are a bugger for stopping CDs/DVDs at the boarder. They're paranoid it will contain details that, as the Royal Mail put it in their prohibited items:

"...compact discs (video and audio), storage medium for the computer and other articles which are detrimental to the political, economic, cultural and moral interests of the People's Republic of China" (Source: www.royalmail.com/china)

Unless they think Hardcore poses a threat of course, maybe that's why my last CD never made it! Anyway, have you guys ever posted to anyone else in 'Mainland China'? Any issue? If so, I might have to get the Blu-Ray posted to a friend in Hong Kong if this CD doesn't turn up... Might be safer that way!
CDJay Never actually posted to Mainland China before (we have to Hong Kong though!) despite living there myself in the mid 90s. God knows how many tape packs were scattered throughout various taxis in 1995 lol.

I'll keep an eye on the tracking information, keep us updated!

CDJay
drewonfire
quote:
Never actually posted to Mainland China before (we have to Hong Kong though!) despite living there myself in the mid 90s. God knows how many tape packs were scattered throughout various taxis in 1995 lol.

I'll keep an eye on the tracking information, keep us updated!

CDJay

A previous expat of China! Nice to know...

Will keep you updated - going to start keeping an eye out for the CD from next week. That's should be enough time for it to get here...
CDJay Have updated the main KS pledge video to reflect the "last 24 hours" state of the project.

Look how excited they are! Cute!

CDJay
DJ Reevzy Finally pledged yesterday...gota do our bit to keep things bubbling :)
CDJay Hero

CDJay
Ken Masters I think its safe to say that this has been a roaring success :)

Balls in your court now boys, do us proud! :)
djchexmixer
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Masters:
I think its safe to say that this has been a roaring success :)

Balls in your court now boys, do us proud! :)

I second that! So damn exciting!
djDMS Well done everybody, just that last little push now...
CDJay Gah, it's so close.

Why the hell hasn't someone picked up that ambassador tier? It's the safest short term investment I've ever seen, lol

CDJay
arpz As much as I realllly want to see that last goal get hit, can't help but be super impressed that it's gone as well as it has, I was nervous at points, it's been super emotional :D Congratulations CDJay et al!
djDMS ?12530, ambassador tier gone!

_Jay_
quote:
?12530, ambassador tier gone!

Was it you?!

djDMS No mate, not me. Wish I could have.

Upgraded to the 75 quid tier though.
_Jay_

Good man! Lovely tier, that!

CDJay Woo, and hoo! Everyone involved in this scene leading project thanks you from the bottom of our weary yet emboldened hearts.

Rather than adding any new stretch goals at this late a stage, we will reveal that the collectors edition will include some exclusive tracks and mixes on the CDs well ahead of any other availability.

You've done your part, now it's up to us to maximise the support you've given us and enable us to convincingly say "We Blu The Roof, and here's the proof".

CDJay
arpz ****ing nailed it!! YES!!
Triquatra I wanted to go higher, but was only able to managed the 75 mark. (needless to say, those lovely HD25s I bought have already gone back up on ebay LOL).
Claxton Fantastic! Well done all!
trippnface dat hardcore support :') .
djDMS
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
I wanted to go higher, but was only able to managed the 75 mark. (needless to say, those lovely HD25s I bought have already gone back up on ebay LOL).

Did you tell the wife? ;-)
latininxtc
quote:
quote:
I wanted to go higher, but was only able to managed the 75 mark. (needless to say, those lovely HD25s I bought have already gone back up on ebay LOL).

Did you tell the wife? ;-)

Did you tell yours? ;-)

djDMS Nope!
drewonfire So glad it managed to reach the final stretch goal! Well done guys, this project is a fantastic idea... Can't wait for the final product.

Good luck to the HU guys in getting it all sorted and put together over the next few months!
latininxtc A sad update has been emailed to everyone who has contributed to the project, and for some it's more than likely a disappointing change in plans

quote:

Firstly we must apologise for the lack of updates regarding our Blu-Ray project over the past few weeks; as will become evident we've had a few things to sort out. Unfortunately it's been confirmed to us this week that Joey Riot will sadly not be able to obtain a valid US work visa in time to perform at HTID USA as planned, and therefore cannot be filmed for our Blu-Ray. We're very disappointed by this news, as we know Joey himself to be too, however it's an unforseen situation over which we ourselves have absolutely no control. We do hope however, we hope the news we will now be filming and including Gammer & Whizzkid's set in the finished product instead will make up for this last minute change of plan. We feel they're a very worthy replacement for Joey, and we're very happy to welcome them on board. In addition to this, and in an effort to keep both MC Obie and Mayhem involved in proceedings, we will also now be including Lethal Theory's M-Project as a bonus addition to the Blu-Ray too. Those who are directly affected by Joey's absence (co-producing / specific shout-outs etc) will have been contacted prior to this news post. As is so often the case, our hand has been forced by reasons beyond our control, but we're

still highly determined, along with Fracus & Darwin, MC Enemy, Gammer & Whizzkid, M-Project, Obie & Mayhem to deliver you THE highest quality product possible and showcase not only the emerging US rave scene, but the music and culture we all love so much in THE best possible, and well-captured, light

I'm glad that they're keeping Obie and Mayhem, and I think adding M-Project to the project is a great bonus. But adding Gammer and Whizzkid I know that some people who have contributed to the project will be disappointed in that move. I know I won't like Whizzkid involved in this. I found him to be absolute shit on the HU Live album, and knowing him I don't think he'll be any different for this project. But we'll wait and see how the final product unfolds.
arpz Argh you just beat me to it!

I know I'll enjoy the Gammer/Whizzkid set, and adding M-Project in too is a nice touch... However, I think it'll give the whole project a different feel... I'd like to be optimistic and say that it's overall better for this whole 'bringing everyone together' ethos that HU are pushing but to be frank that's probably not likely. No doubt this will be seen as Gammer doing them a favour rather than appreciating the chance to be involved... HOWEVER...if it turned out that he actually did get behind this properly instead of like the other times then it would probably be massive and give the project greater reach.
arpz Also, anyone else see Gammers 3 minute promo video for the Bunter CD?

Bunter doesn't represent a perceived 'threat' to the top tier status though so.... yeah...
GrahamC As long as I get my MC-less CDs with it I don't much care about the change as we still have F&D.

Like said, Gammer will hopefully get behind this and it could get much better sales. He did mention the project on Facebook before he was involved so maybe just maybe...
Ikstra
quote:
A sad update has been emailed to everyone who has contributed to the project, and for some it's more than likely a disappointing change in plans

quote:

Firstly we must apologise for the lack of updates regarding our Blu-Ray project over the past few weeks; as will become evident we've had a few things to sort out. Unfortunately it's been confirmed to us this week that Joey Riot will sadly not be able to obtain a valid US work visa in time to perform at HTID USA as planned, and therefore cannot be filmed for our Blu-Ray. We're very disappointed by this news, as we know Joey himself to be too, however it's an unforseen situation over which we ourselves have absolutely no control. We do hope however, we hope the news we will now be filming and including Gammer & Whizzkid's set in the finished product instead will make up for this last minute change of plan. We feel they're a very worthy replacement for Joey, and we're very happy to welcome them on board. In addition to this, and in an effort to keep both MC Obie and Mayhem involved in proceedings, we will also now be including Lethal Theory's M-Project as a bonus addition to the Blu-Ray too. Those who are directly affected by Joey's absence (co-producing / specific shout-outs etc) will have been contacted prior to this news post. As is so often the case, our hand has been forced by reasons beyond our control, but we're

still highly determined, along with Fracus & Darwin, MC Enemy, Gammer & Whizzkid, M-Project, Obie & Mayhem to deliver you THE highest quality product possible and showcase not only the emerging US rave scene, but the music and culture we all love so much in THE best possible, and well-captured, light

I'm glad that they're keeping Obie and Mayhem, and I think adding M-Project to the project is a great bonus. But adding Gammer and Whizzkid I know that some people who have contributed to the project will be disappointed in that move. I know I won't like Whizzkid involved in this. I found him to be absolute shit on the HU Live album, and knowing him I don't think he'll be any different for this project. But we'll wait and see how the final product unfolds.

Completely agree with what most of what's been said. The bonus is fantastic, and musically I prefer Gammer to Joey Riot, so it's definitely a plus in my book (although I foresee that the set may feature much less upcoming material).

I can see that having Gammer on-board could be very nice promotion-wise for HU. He seems to have much more appeal to the American crowd.

Having Whizzkid is a concern for me, he's very hit-and-miss and I also didn't enjoy (most of) his contribution to the Rehab album. I have hopes that the collector's edition will provide Gammer's set MC-Free.

I'm presuming that the Powerstomp Workout will still be going ahead as that doesn't have to be recorded in the US.

Overall, I'm still genuinely excited about this project and the news hasn't dampened my enthusiasm. Still very much looking forward to seeing what can be conjured.
robertybob With the 7.1 surround sound, isn't it possible to have a MC-less track to switch to so we could kinda mute Whizzkid? That would be pretty sweet :P
trippnface
quote:
A sad update has been emailed to everyone who has contributed to the project, and for some it's more than likely a disappointing change in plans

quote:

damn that sucks for people that like powerstomp.

what i don't like about this is that now M- project will probably play even less makina now; or maybe none at all since joey will not be doing powerstomp...

i am sure we will hear abunch of powerstomp from other dj;s.... more than enough honestly. will ANY other dj play ANY makina?

nope. :(
Samination
quote:
quote:

quote:

what i don't like about this is that now M- project will probably play even less makina now; or maybe none at all since joey will not be doing powerstomp...

i am sure we will hear abunch of powerstomp from other dj;s.... more than enough honestly. will ANY other dj play ANY makina?

unless Gammer ups his ante and actually plays something else :P
Vladel Well I'm glad I didn't put any money in then with those tossers on the project. At least gammer does make some good music but I can't even bear to hear whizzkid.
CDJay "With the 7.1 surround sound, isn't it possible to have a MC-less track to switch to so we could kinda mute Whizzkid? That would be pretty sweet :P "

We'll definitely have music only tracks on the blu-ray (and collectors edition CDs) but it's worth highlighting that it's *very* unlikely we'll be able to present the Gammer mix in 7.1 (or multichannel, full stop). It can only be done if we can get stems of every single track and component of the mix, and that's just not going to happen IMO. Joey was briefed from the start, and would have been able to both furnish and be involved in the multichannel aspect, whilst Gammer has agreed to have his set recorded just two weeks prior to the event. Whilst it may be possible to "upmix" or present the music in stereo within a multichannel track I am unsure. I'm really, really, not a fan of upmixing music, in general, though.

CDJay

CDJay Oh, and for those with concerns about Whizzkid either generally or fostered by Rehab.... I wouldn't worry. For Rehab he was doing the "traditional" set where-as Stateside he's very much hosting. He's a true vetran, and knows exactly what he's doing for that market and that outlook pairs to this project with real synergy.

Summary: I'm very, very, gutted about this and it's made me predictably stressed as hell. However, this is a real one shot deal and the genre needs it so we can't buckle.

CDJay
djDMS Has anybody asked for their money back yet?
CDJay Nope.

TBH looking at the backer list; it's fairly HU centric.

CDJay
arpz WHAT ABOUT THE WORKOUT THING THO?
Vladel Has Joey been naughty?
djDMS
quote:
Nope.

TBH looking at the backer list; it's fairly HU centric.

CDJay

Good.

One advantage of having a bit of a Hardcore following is that there are less people likely to complain just for the sake of it.
trippnface
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:
quote:

quote:

unless Gammer ups his ante and actually plays something else :P

trap & bigroom?
;p

honestly i was going to skip gammers set anyway. the old skool till i die room will be more popping all night. honestly i would rather see legends like slipmatt and vinylgroover drop some pure hardcore instead of worrying when and how many times gammer is going to ruin a hardcore set.
Craigavon raver So have i missed out on getting one of them collectors bundles? or can i still do it
Craigavon raver So i guess i have missed out then? i went onto the website and i can't click on any of the options to pledge
Ikstra
quote:
Originally posted by Craigavon raver:
So have i missed out on getting one of them collectors bundles? or can i still do it

CDJay's said that if you've pledged, then pledge tiers can be upgraded after the event.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hardcoreunderground/hardcore-underground-present-blu-the-roof-htid-usa/posts/1363955 (see the comments, I can't link directly).

If you didn't pledge, I grabbed the ambassador tier so have copies to sell. Send me a message on here at some point after the event and I'll arrange shipping a copy off to you. (Feel free to harass me if I don't reply in a timely manner )
djDMS Are my eyes deceiving me or is Gammer's full set on YouTube right now?
arpz Yeah it is, he shared it. I cannot actually believe the guy... didn't even say 'here's the set in shit quality but buy the amazing version when it comes out'

Lost for words tbh.

CDJay *shrugs*

It'll end up being evidently what it is; a phone recording versus a pro shoot.

We'll get the footage back this week, and cut together something in short order. That should make the gulf fairly apparent

CDJay
arpz Excite!
latininxtc I actually found this the day it was posted, but never said anything about it. Just skimmed through it too. I barely paid attention to his set that night lol

In all fairness, I THINK this isn't his personal YouTube acct, but I could be wrong. It looks like it's been barely used to post anything. So I can't totally give him all the blame for posting it, but I do give him some of the blame for not thinking ahead of time, but once again this is typical Gammer fashion.

And think also, how fucking sad and boring is this guy who spent the whole hour filming the set??? And it wasn't like he set it on a table, pressed record and went off to dance, you can clearly see he spent the whole hour holding it in his hand lol. I do have to admire the light show though, I barely got a good glimpse of it from the back since I was mostly near the front both nights.
arpz Oh, no it isn't gammer that's posted it in the first place but it's gammer that shared it on FB. It's completely absurd, no matter how bad the recording (and it isn't *that* bad) why would anyone think that it makes sense to share something that is intended to have some value? He's either a moron (best case) or worst case, malicious.
wong i really dont think any harm was intended
Vladel I'm sorry but time and time again gammer has disrespected HU with non promotion of his own albums on HU, under cutting their store with the muffin album and all the times he talks about who is pushing the scene all the time, not mentioning HU or its artists. Now he does this and people act shocked? He smiles to your face and then waves his cock at your backs.
arpz I wouldn't say anyone is shocked by it, exasperated is probably a better term
djDMS Plugs a badly mixed CD to death.
+
Barely mentions 2 PROPER album release.
+
Takes a big dump (deliberately or not) on all the hard work that went into Blu the roof.
=
He can kiss my arse.
Elliott Glad to see people are waking up to Gammer's attitude towards the rest of the scene. I've been fed up with him for a while.
djDMS Not a new thing, just clung on to the hope that I might have been wrong.

Big difference to the kid I first met all those years ago
Rodz90 The fact that he's posted

"All over dem shares"

as a comment on the youtube video. I don't get this new swag speak the cool kids use, and i can't tell if he's being satirical when using it.

Surely he is smart enough to know why things like this are counter productive to HUs investment?

@CDJay, is it not possible to have gotten him to sign a contract that states he couldn't share and promote any other material then HUs? I know he was brought on at a late stage and all, but it would have at least helped him with his online reputation a little.
arpz
quote:
Originally posted by Rodz90:
The fact that he's posted

"All over dem shares"

as a comment on the youtube video. I don't get this new swag speak the cool kids use, and i can't tell if he's being satirical when using it.

Semi-'satirical' I think.

quote:

Surely he is smart enough to know why things like this are counter productive to HUs investment?

@CDJay, is it not possible to have gotten him to sign a contract that states he couldn't share and promote any other material then HUs? I know he was brought on at a late stage and all, but it would have at least helped him with his online reputation a little.

The thing his, his reputation is completely untarnished when it comes to the horde of sycophants on his page. He doesn't care what we think on this forum because we're 'haters', for every one of us considering this a disrespectful act there's probably 100 morons that are all like 'fanxxx gammz' and have no idea whatsoever about what HU are doing.

latininxtc
quote:

I don't think it would have made much of a difference. It should be implied that you don't go and try to screw over projects you're involved in. If he did it for his Literally Everything Muffin Music digital release that screwed over the album that HU helped put together for him, he was bound to do it for the Blue The Roof project, especially since he was a last edition to the project because of Joey Riot. Somehow I don't think this is the end of it, but we'll have to see what happens.

Oh and props to Dean for putting a post, and getting a response from him lol

CDJay
quote:

"All over dem shares"

Genuintely, hands on heart, it makes zero difference to me.

It'a F**ing phone shot video, with terrible a/v. It's like blaming a badly shot 2d screener for Avatar making >2bn dollars.

It matters not one iota, it's enthusiasm which might inadvertantly benefit me/us/you.

Even if it doesn't, getting pissy about it achieves zip.

CDJay
arpz What the actual ****, my god.
djDMS I didn't even bother to look at his reply, unliked and unfollowed.

I don't want to hate on him because regardless of recent events he's still in my top 3-5 all time dj's and producers and getting pissed off about something shouldn't change that. BUT, I hate the frustration and negativity it throws up - and I certainly don't want to take anything away from the project.

Cyrax
quote:
I didn't even bother to look at his reply, unliked and unfollowed.

I don't want to hate on him because regardless of recent events he's still in my top 3-5 all time dj's and producers and getting pissed off about something shouldn't change that. BUT, I hate the frustration and negativity it throws up - and I certainly don't want to take anything away from the project.

do the happy dance Dean

Elliott
quote:
quote:

"All over dem shares"

Genuintely, hands on heart, it makes zero difference to me.

It'a F**ing phone shot video, with terrible a/v. It's like blaming a badly shot 2d screener for Avatar making >2bn dollars.

It matters not one iota, it's enthusiasm which might inadvertantly benefit me/us/you.

Even if it doesn't, getting pissy about it achieves zip.

CDJay

You have to say these things. We don't. We can express our anger.

The video isn't a particularly big deal but the album projects were already enough for me.

Gammer can do whatever he likes in the scene these days though. There aren't enough real hardcore fans left to even care what he does. The 30 or so regulars on this forum are probably the biggest hardcore fans on the planet.
Anon. Looks like gammer has been putting an extra ingredient in his muffins lately.

What a na?ve douche.
Claxton I'm going to go against the grain and back Gammer here.

I don't think there was any malice intended at all. I simply think that he was sharing a a video that a fan took of his set.

Gammer has publicly praised HU before. he said they were a pleasure to work with when he released his Muffin album, explaining how they gave him complete freedom. I think he is often misunderstood.

This should have no bearing what so ever on 'Blu The Roof' which will be a unique product in hardcore. Those who have enough about them have already pledged and will buy 'Blu The Roof' for the quality product it will be and all the awesome new music which can be heard on it from the likes of Fracus & Darwin.

I think Gammer gets a hard time on here. I don't always agree with the things he does but as Dean says, one of the best, and most talented producers & DJs to grace the scene.
djDMS I reserve the right to get as pissy as I like.

At the end of the day, my opinion counts for precisely shit all.
jordesuvi
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
The 30 or so regulars on this forum are probably the biggest hardcore fans on the planet.

It amazes me so much that hardcore is such a niche genre.
Like, how could you not like it... it's awesome!
arpz Claxton, fair enough but if he really meant no malice then why would he reply in the way that he did to Deans comment?
trippnface i don't think most of the people that know whatsup cared about his set anyways to be honest. mostly the kids that still think he actually plays a hardcore set.; or the drooling fanboys who who would beat off to him banging pots & pans...

but honestly; al storm's set should have been recorded. that was the perfect representation of a current excellent hardcore set and the crowd absolutely loving it. definitely sure people wanna see that over gammer ;p
djDMS I'd have paid the 75 quid just for Al's set.

Vladel Al storm would have been a better choice
DJ Reevzy CDJay, this once again domenstrates the lack of professionalism in the scene. Such a small scene needs peops to stick together but this shit doesnt really help. Gammer seems to like taking the piss!
latininxtc Yea Al Storm's set would have been a better choice, his set was ****ing brilliant! The perfect blend of current trends in hardcore and cheese! The main problem with the set though would have been to get clearance for Darwin's Toytown remix to be approved for the album. That would have potentially delayed the release of Blu The Roof or they would have to work their magic to remove it from the set.

But also the Brisk & Brown set would have been a great alternative as well!
trippnface
quote:
Yea Al Storm's set would have been a better choice, his set was ****ing brilliant! The perfect blend of current trends in hardcore and cheese! The main problem with the set though would have been to get clearance for Darwin's Toytown remix to be approved for the album. That would have potentially delayed the release of Blu The Roof or they would have to work their magic to remove it from the set.

But also the Brisk & Brown set would have been a great alternative as well!

at this point i guess i am going to be that guy and ask why Gammer was the alternative choice for joey riot? not one of these ugh... more respected artists we all seem to agree are a much better choice.
djDMS In terms of mass appeal he was the obvious choice
trippnface
quote:
In terms of mass appeal he was the obvious choice

meh i just wrote out abunch shit lol... but honestly i don't know about that anymore. i would of agreed with that a few years ago. gammer on the mad decline and has been and most people definitely know it now. most of the americans are even on the same page.. he just has a rabid dedicated fanbase that makes it seem like he is still top quality... and how much bs he posts; pretty much an internet hero

if there would of been a survey; i would bet money storm or brisk & brown and even hixxy would of got more votes than gammer. he is actually a really bad representation of the current scene ( besides :" MASS APPEAL " ( do any of the real ravers care about that? ) . i would never show his set to someone who doesn't know hardcore... not even close to what it means or sounds like to me.

o well whats done is done though and M project did drop makina so hopefully that creates some fresh converts :)
Samination
quote:
quote:
In terms of mass appeal he was the obvious choice

meh i just wrote out abunch shit lol... but honestly i don't know about that anymore. i would of agreed with that a few years ago. gammer on the mad decline and has been and most people definitely know it now. most of the americans are even on the same page.. he just has a rabid dedicated fanbase that makes it seem like he is still top quality... and how much bs he posts; pretty much an internet hero

if there would of been a survey; i would bet money storm or brisk & brown and even hixxy would of got more votes than gammer. he is actually a really bad representation of the current scene ( besides :" MASS APPEAL " ( do any of the real ravers care about that? ) . i would never show his set to someone who doesn't know hardcore... not even close to what it means or sounds like to me.

o well whats done is done though and M project did drop makina so hopefully that creates some fresh converts :)

u wot m8? No, if someone created a survey now, Gammer would still get more votes than storm, brisk or brown.

Also, is it time to compare Gammer to Rankin now? :P He might be an alot better artist, but their fanbase are no different it seems.
GrahamC Have the 'survey' emails gone out yet asking for shipping info etc?

I have previously had probs getting emails from HU so want to make sure I am not missing it!
Ikstra
quote:
Have the 'survey' emails gone out yet asking for shipping info etc?

I have previously had probs getting emails from HU so want to make sure I am not missing it!

Nothing on my end either.
CDJay Going out end of the month

Also, we ended up shooting at 4k/24 due to low light capture performance constraints.

So anyone who was fretting about soap opera effect, can breathe easy!

CDJay
Elliott
quote:
I'm going to go against the grain and back Gammer here.

I don't think there was any malice intended at all. I simply think that he was sharing a a video that a fan took of his set.

Gammer has publicly praised HU before. he said they were a pleasure to work with when he released his Muffin album, explaining how they gave him complete freedom. I think he is often misunderstood.

This should have no bearing what so ever on 'Blu The Roof' which will be a unique product in hardcore. Those who have enough about them have already pledged and will buy 'Blu The Roof' for the quality product it will be and all the awesome new music which can be heard on it from the likes of Fracus & Darwin.

I think Gammer gets a hard time on here. I don't always agree with the things he does but as Dean says, one of the best, and most talented producers & DJs to grace the scene.

You're now somewhat part of the scene, are you not?

That means you can never have an opinion on it ever again.

Edit: That sounded sarcastic when I read it back but I was being entirely serious.

Anyway, Gammer doesn't get a hard time. He just does 1000% more shit worth talking about than anyone else. Usually bad but not always.
djDMS Yeah, he's one of 'them' now...
Elliott
quote:
Yeah, he's one of 'them' now...

You don't sleep where you shit. Or something.
Samination
quote:
quote:
I'm going to go against the grain and back Gammer here.

You're now somewhat part of the scene, are you not?

That means you can never have an opinion on it ever again.

Edit: That sounded sarcastic when I read it back but I was being entirely serious.

Anyway, Gammer doesn't get a hard time. He just does 1000% more shit worth talking about than anyone else. Usually bad but not always.

If gammer never really had any malice intend, then he made a poor attempt to outtroll the trolls :P
djDMS
quote:
quote:
Yeah, he's one of 'them' now...

You don't sleep where you shit. Or something.

Does En suite count?
ViolonC Everything around this project has become rather silent. Are there any news? Does somebody know?
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by ViolonC:
Everything around this project has become rather silent. Are there any news? Does somebody know?

Yes. Jon and Chwhynny fled England and are off to retire in the Maldives, laughing their asses off with our money in their pockets.

But no, no news. Jon is on a FB blackout and Chwhynny is the best person to ask for updates on her facebook. Hope everything is going as planned.
CDJay We experienced the tremendous triple whammy of house/business premises move *and* severe IT issues leaving Fracus without a computer through Jan.

Needless to say, this had a faint knock on effect!

Editing is now underway, and the multichannel mix room will be up and running by end Feb.

The elements are all there, just gotta pull it together.

CDJay
ViolonC Thanks for the update.
CDJay I've finally posted an update:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hardcoreunderground/hardcore-underground-present-blu-the-roof-htid-usa/posts/1379875

Whatever is thrown our way, we will get this out and to the desired standard. We can occasionally be late, but we don't actually drop the ball very often

CDJay
trippnface "Blu The Roof, and some other stuff kinda blew too... "

lol
CDJay It worked thrice, I didn't resist.

CDJay
Craigavon raver Is it gonna be available to buy in the store?
CDJay Aye, the standard edition will be.

I have some news on this I really, really, want to shout about but can't quite yet. Editing is well underway, room is ready for 7.1 mixing, but there's something else in play. Something very, very, cool. I know we shot for the stars, initially, but this is wormhole territory if it comes to pass

CDJay

arpz Interest is piqued.
Craigavon raver
quote:
Aye, the standard edition will be.

I have some news on this I really, really, want to shout about but can't quite yet. Editing is well underway, room is ready for 7.1 mixing, but there's something else in play. Something very, very, cool. I know we shot for the stars, initially, but this is wormhole territory if it comes to pass

CDJay

That'll have to do then, I can actually remember trying to pledge but it was to late at the time and it wouldn't let me
arpz An update:

quote:
Pre-update Update!

So! We're deep into the process now, and are intending to show off some snippets over the next week or so.

We've locked in the 2nd week of Sept to finish off the multichannel track, and are hoping to author to blu ray ready to go to manufacture end Sept. This means we should be able to get it out tail end of Oct / start of Nov.

It's a clich?, but good things come to those who wait. ;)

I'm offering 50/1 odds on before Christmas delivery ;)
trippnface
quote:
Originally posted by arpz:
An update:

quote:
Pre-update Update!

So! We're deep into the process now, and are intending to show off some snippets over the next week or so.

We've locked in the 2nd week of Sept to finish off the multichannel track, and are hoping to author to blu ray ready to go to manufacture end Sept. This means we should be able to get it out tail end of Oct / start of Nov.

It's a clich?, but good things come to those who wait. ;)

I'm offering 50/1 odds on before Christmas delivery ;)

2018? ;)
djDMS I've left my copy to my grandkids, hopefully it'll arrive in time for them to enjoy it before they get too old ;-)
CDJay Pfft! Pshaww!

CDJay
Vladel In literary terms, it is becoming the winds of winter of blu Rays.
CDJay https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aP3ZvtP9pw

More news to come...

CDJay
DjZelous The video footage is looking amazing!!!
good work!!
trippnface * BONER INTENSIFIES*
trippnface
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
In literary terms, it is becoming the winds of winter of blu Rays.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

on the real though; my dad started reading GOT in like 1996 and eventually refused to read the series anymore cuz RR martin is such a lazy piece of shit!!! like holy ****; i read dance of dragons last book like... 6 years ago ffs!?!!?!

/rant
Jaybee okay now im bummed i didn't get to go to the party but OMG!!!!!!!
CDJay We're in polish mode now, but I literally couldn't be happier with how this has turned out.

The quality of the edited footage is actually mind blowing, and we're just about to have it graded (not saying where, suffice to say it's generally reserved for high falutin blockbuster films or series) and in a way that's future proof. We said we'd stand toe to to with anything out of genre, but we've overachieved a smidge IMO

Backer surveys going out in the next week or two, so we can get updated shipping addys etc. Pre-orders (standard edition only, at higher price) will be made available on the HU site at the end of the month.

We've learned a lot doing this, and I think this'll be a standard bearer for a very long time.

Expect a full-trailer to go live when the backer surveys go out. In addition to youtube/FB we'll also offer a high quality downloadable version so you get a better sense of what it actually looks like when viewing

CDJay
Jaybee i want to own a dvd/blu-ray of this, not just a digital copy when its done. will that be possible?
arpz Yes, they will be selling the Blu-ray via the hardcoreunderground.co.uk store :)
trippnface
quote:
We're in polish mode now, but I literally couldn't be happier with how this has turned out.

The quality of the edited footage is actually mind blowing, and we're just about to have it graded (not saying where, suffice to say it's generally reserved for high falutin blockbuster films or series) and in a way that's future proof. We said we'd stand toe to to with anything out of genre, but we've overachieved a smidge IMO

Backer surveys going out in the next week or two, so we can get updated shipping addys etc. Pre-orders (standard edition only, at higher price) will be made available on the HU site at the end of the month.

We've learned a lot doing this, and I think this'll be a standard bearer for a very long time.

Expect a full-trailer to go live when the backer surveys go out. In addition to youtube/FB we'll also offer a high quality downloadable version so you get a better sense of what it actually looks like when viewing

CDJay

**** yeah CDJay!!

people are hungry for this project ;)
Captain Triceps
quote:
We're in polish mode now

Who's provided the dubbing?
CDJay

CDJay
Impulse_Response Do video processing companies not like publicity? Or do they just not want to be associated with a project that isn't a blockbuster film?
CDJay Saving it for when it's wrapped; no secrecy beyond the timing.

CDJay
Craigavon raver When is this coming out then? was it not meant to be out in October or something
djDMS It's coming out the same week as the Raver baby mp3 back catalogue
CDJay It's literally the next thing we're releasing

CDJay
Impulse_Response
quote:
It's literally the next thing we're releasing

CDJay

I've been edging since the Kickstarter. This will be a sweet release, indeed.
CDJay As agitating as I am sure the delay has been, for all of us, ultimately the result is superior to originally specc'd *and* the timing more useful.

Can't say fairer than that

CDJay
CDJay
quote:
Originally posted by Impulse_Response:
quote:
It's literally the next thing we're releasing

CDJay

I've been edging since the Kickstarter. This will be a sweet release, indeed.

Going off on a tangent, was it you asking for unmastered track availability?

CDJay
Impulse_Response
quote:

Going off on a tangent, was it you asking for unmastered track availability?

CDJay

I went off on a few rants about mastering a while ago. Not specifically about HU, but about music in general. I think I made a comment about it, but I'm certainly not asking for special treatment.

One thing I suggested was some sort of "personalized delivery," where a person could choose among maybe three versions of a song (unmastered / light mastering / heavy mastering) to suit individual taste. It's an idea I heard about on a video interview with Mark Waldrep, if I'm remembering correctly, who specializes in surround sound hi-res music. I can imagine it would take time and effort to implement, though, if anyone were ever interested in it.
CDJay Well, it settled. Think we're seriously looking into it

Diversions/Blu The Roof/Upcoming project should cheer you up. I've been railing against "DJ masters" for years. It's amusing, in retrospect, particularly given the inherent variance of production standard and style, just how much better our older comp albums sound next to the supposed flagship (overdriven, splashy, dynamically crushed, t-tracks blasted, .mp3 sourced) titles of yesteryear. Maybe we can learn, as a genre, finally.

CDJay

Impulse_Response
quote:
Well, it settled. Think we're seriously looking into it

Diversions/Blu The Roof/Upcoming project should cheer you up. I've been railing against "DJ masters" for years. It's amusing, in retrospect, particularly given the inherent variance of production standard and style, just how much better our older comp albums sound next to the supposed flagship (overdriven, splashy, dynamically crushed, t-tracks blasted, .mp3 sourced) titles of yesteryear. Maybe we can learn, as a genre, finally.

CDJay

That sounds great! Thanks for taking the time to read all of my posts here. In case I ever sounded negative, I want to say that I've always been very happy with my entire collection of HU material. In particular, HU001 is one of my all-time favorite releases in terms of style, production, and overall sound quality.
CDJay Informed opinion isn't ever inherently negative.... particularly if I 100% agree. I'll ensure the back cat goes up unmastered; it could be useful to someone someday.... So why not?

CDJay
Triquatra
quote:
Well, it settled. Think we're seriously looking into it

CDJay

Lovely stuff, from a non-dj/general listeners standpoint this gets me aroused!
firefly_NZ
quote:
It's coming out the same week as the Raver baby mp3 back catalogue

I had to actual LOL to keep from crying
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by firefly_NZ:
quote:

crying? come back when you start deficating in your pants :P
firefly_NZ
quote:

crying? come back when you start deficating in your pants :P

Incontinence? I really hope the bluray is released before I'm put into a retirement home... just in case, I'll put a bluray player in storage so I can dust it off and watch it!
djDMS 'What's that grandad'?

'It's a Blu ray player kids, I bought it nearly 40 years ago'

'Why haven't you thrown it away'?

'I'm waiting for something called Blu the roof to be released'

;-)
trippnface
quote:
quote:

whatsup with the raver baby back cat?
Samination
quote:
quote:
quote:

whatsup with the raver baby back cat?

Back when it still released singles, it always took them(hixxy) a long time to release. Back around 2005-06 hixxy said something about the raverbaby mp3 store was about ready to launch. considering the problems they have now with the backcat, I guess that was a utter lie :P
arpz *yawn* Any update on this?
djDMS
quote:
*yawn* Any update on this?

You're a funny guy!
arpz Hopefully before weekender perhaps? So many raves have gone by that I haven't been wearing my backers t-shirt!
versia more like poo the roof shitstarter
djDMS
quote:
Originally posted by versia:
more like poo the roof shitstarter

1/10
Cyrax Edit* I did'nt see Dean's joke about blueray players going out of existence and made the same joke
Samination what's a blueray?
CDJay Hur hur hur [:P]

I don't want to give an update without it being an actual release date, so I can't say anything today.

I don't really think Ultra-HD Blu-rays are out of date, and I *always* said that the goal was to have footage to showcase to wider industry about ours. We're on track with all of the above.

This project has actually opened another door as it moved to completion, so there's a lot to talk about in the backer survey......

No-one wants this out more than us, but it's taken as long as it's taken to be done to the standard it deserved and with results that justify all of our investment(s). Faith, children. Remember how late Happy Hardcore Underground was?

CDJay
trippnface
quote:
Hur hur hur [:P]

I don't want to give an update without it being an actual release date, so I can't say anything today.

I don't really think Ultra-HD Blu-rays are out of date, and I *always* said that the goal was to have footage to showcase to wider industry about ours. We're on track with all of the above.

This project has actually opened another door as it moved to completion, so there's a lot to talk about in the backer survey......

No-one wants this out more than us, but it's taken as long as it's taken to be

CDJay

". Faith, children. Remember how late Happy Hardcore Underground was? "

nope; greedily looking foreward and impatiently expecting the next one :p <3
CDJay Notice how I have masked all intent
We owe every backer, but I figure few backed the idea; they backed us. We're doing the right thing and turning water into wine when the whiners demand bottled water.

CDJay
djDMS
quote:
We owe every backer, but I figure few backed the idea; they backed us.

Definitely. The product itself isn't as important as the idea/experience.

I just like to pretend to be impatient ;-)
CDJay *I'm* impatient. Chwhynny and I are struggling to justify a 4k projector and this is my best excuse.

CDJay
arpz I don't really consider myself to be a whiner but I don't think you've done great with keeping people informed. On the kickstarter page you have unanswered comments of people asking where it is and there's been very little in the way of information - Not everyone reads this forum. I think it would probably have been good to give a few updates via the kickstarter or facebook even because it looks a bit like you went to america, filmed some footage and got yourselves a nice new PC and some home cinema kit.

That being said, II don't doubt for a second that when the product is done, it'll be incredible and I am proud to say that I have backed it and to have hopefully helped the future of HU in some small way.
CDJay KS update next week, hopefully backer survey (just waiting on one thing to confirm).

It's difficult to keep people informed because we're reliant on so many external factors, so I'm wary of committing to anything until I actually have it

edit: For clarity, HU or myself have paid for any and all gear used; the KS monies were spent on the filming and fulfilment of manufacture and backer rewards. We're paying for all the extra stuff (grading, etc) ourselves and would be *very* lucky to ever recoup against it!

The only reason it was feasible was that we had the ability to do the editing and multichannel stuff in house; it would cost tens of thousands extra otherwise!

CDJay
arpz That's me put in my place then ;)

Still love you xx
CDJay You'll love me more soon

Oh, and I will say you'll be wearing that t-shirt for the weekender. Unless you've worn it out by then!

CDJay
Vladel It will be an old school project by the time it comes out
Craigavon raver
quote:

Lmfao!

Well least it should be out shortly, should be worth the wait
trippnface @ CDJay; has anybody spoken to you about a HTID 2017?

Starting to feel like year #2 we are not having a party. they claimed spring; and here we are.. with zero info.

100% fail.
CDJay Nothing concrete; although this is a good time as any to note we were sending setup data to Technicolor (finally) and my leased line has gone down. THE CURSE IS REAL.

CDJay

Jaybee I hope we get some news soon about another party....
CDJay I hope I can keep the grading bill under 5 figures.

@FirstWorldProblems

CDJay
DjZelous Remember guys HTID was sold, sooo who knows if we are ever gonna have an htid usa ever again
trippnface
quote:
Originally posted by DjZelous:
Remember guys HTID was sold, sooo who knows if we are ever gonna have an htid usa ever again

at this point they are being super dicks just not informing us it's not happening. way too many other shows to save money for and plan with; and still waiting around for these *******s to tell us whatsup. we were supposed to have a show in spring. AKA; they should have announced a show months ago.

More failure for the hardcore scene!
CDJay So. Here we are. There's a release date, everything is wrapped and it's being certified by the BBFC and off to manufacture next week.

Check your emails for more info, and hero backer types: tomorrow night should bring you no end of relief.

Let's all bear in mind that the guy who just graded "Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them", "Trainspotting 2" and "Black Mirror Series 4" wanted his name in the credits.

The guy who setup the first quadraphonic studio in the UK, for Pink Floyd, and the guy who mixed "Lucy" in Atmos also did.

There's a reason. This is next level in a way far beyond pitched or seemingly feasible even now I've seen it. More news still to come, you enabled us and we're taking that baton and running

CDJay
ViolonC So, i guess hell muss have frozen up then. :D

Congratz to the project. Looking forward to it in 5 years when i have a replay setup that can honor the quality. :P But seriously looking forward to it.
GrahamC Soooo, email I got last night from HU said not to pre-order HH2 if you were a backer which has seriously piqued my interest :) Dead keen to see what that means...

I know the focus is all on the videos but since most of my hardcore enjoyment comes in the car I am more looking forward to my mc-less CDs.

With this, HH2 been announced, Ham's album & Ravestars, this is starting to look like a good first half to 2017 for hardcore music fans!
Vladel From the site I guess it's gammers set and 12 mins of M-project?
CDJay Yep. At Technicolor now trying to get a snippet of the hdr and sdr grade up (it won't look as good as the uhd blu as it's h264 and markedly lower bitrate, but you'll get the idea )

CDJay
CDJay I've got the HDR clip up, maybe even sort of correctly, but the audio appears borked and I've officially lost the mental energy to resolve tonight.

Here's a 1 minute snippet from the "standard" Blu-ray grade:

https://youtu.be/tA_Du4iHBzU

Huzzah!

CDJay
arpz
quote:
I've got the HDR clip up, maybe even sort of correctly, but the audio appears borked and I've officially lost the mental energy to resolve tonight.

Here's a 1 minute snippet from the "standard" Blu-ray grade:

https://youtu.be/tA_Du4iHBzU

Huzzah!

CDJay

I managed 1440p on my phone, it does look awesome :) The lasers are ridiculously crisp, probably better than it looked in real life lol

I'd forgotten how irritated I am by american ravers though....
djDMS Looked ace on both my phone and laptop.

Regretting not waiting for the XBox One S now...
arpz Whats happening regarding the "ridiculously lavish backers only edition"? Has that fallen by the wayside now? Only reason I ask is that there hasn't really been any distinction when talking about the preorder copies etc
djDMS My guess (and it's only a guess) is that all will become clear when the survey goes out.

Different versions of the survey for different pledges maybe?

To be honest, I've totally forgotten which one I ended up going for :-/
CDJay Don't worry, we have a plan ;)

However the minutiae have to wait until everything to get the discs themselves away to manufacture as that bit takes 25 working days (!)

Obviously we'd tried to get it to ship the same time as HH2, and seriously busted our asses to get thatto happen, but upon pressing for a reduction in the SLA from 20 days they actually put it up to 25 and said they'd need an additional week to get everything set up. Egads!

CDJay
arpz
quote:
My guess (and it's only a guess) is that all will become clear when the survey goes out.

It shows you if you login to the page :)

@CDJay cool! :)
djDMS
quote:
quote:
My guess (and it's only a guess) is that all will become clear when the survey goes out.

It shows you if you login to the page :)

@CDJay cool! :)

Yeah, I went for a look straight after posting that. Should have done before really!
CDJay So nearly locked the thing I'm trying to sort before sending out backer survey.

If I pull this off, I demand the awards are briefly reinstated so I get outstanding contribution.

CDJay
djDMS Would adulation from people whose opinions matter suffice?
CDJay Depends what they're wearing.

CDJay
Craigavon raver Sweet that this is finally coming out, i'll play it in my ps4 and is the gammer set his full set?
CDJay Yep.

World first for the genre, with loads of unannounced win, and precisely zero major players are seemingly interested.

I'd feign surprise if I went to the best drama school ever.

CDJay
DJ_FunDaBounce That minute-long clip looks amazing. :O
Vladel It's just a crying shame the whole project is wasted on Gammer.

Edited to add, that's like lithe Catholic Church promoting satanism
trippnface
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
It's just a crying shame the whole project is wasted on Gammer.

Edited to add, that's like lithe Catholic Church promoting satanism

. :) .
Ken Masters Its exciting to see this project finally being put to bed. I can't even begin to imagine the work involved in creating such a unique idea while sticking to the initial high standards.

Inspiring stuff as always dudes :)
GrahamC When will the backer surveys be coming out?
CDJay Early this week; there's one outstanding thing I *really* want to attach and offer supremely patient KS backers first (it's really rather cool ) but I failed to get it 100% locked down before the weekend.

It's the icing on the proverbial cake.

CDJay
GrahamC Awesome, I love icing! Kinda makes me want to go and buy a birthday cake from M&S now
CDJay After nearly a week of messing around with mkvmerge and command line scripts, trying to pull the rec2020 10bit HDR grade through da vinci resolve and export with suitable metadata, I think we've *finally* got it. Only because Technicolor updated their Baselight versison, mind, so it only solves this specific clip rather than facilitating an easy workflow for me to put up more content going forward.

Hopefully youtube improve their tools, soon!

I'll paste the link when it's processed, and tested!

It will only work properly on a fairly modern high end 4k TV, using either the built in youtube app or from something like the Xbox One S (I don't know if the PS4 Pro does HDR for media, or youtube, yet). Basically if you can check it on one of the 2016 or 2017 LG OLED displays, or the Samsung higher end 2016/2017 models, you're laughing. It's worth it

CDJay

Rodz90
quote:

Basically if you can check it on one of the 2016 or 2017 LG OLED displays, or the Samsung higher end 2016/2017 models, you're laughing. It's worth it

So I understand that you have used expensive cameras and microphones, and had it shot in 4k to future proof the content for the project and to get a extremely high quality snapshot of a Hardcore rave. Is the technicolour grading and Dolby Atmos mix again for future proofing? The reason i ask is because I would guess that the number of people who have equipment that can utilise 4k content and a dolby atmos mix to be in the low numbers. Perhaps this number will increase as time goes on, but then does the average fan of hardcore care about these technologies? I know i do, but i'm typically in the minority when i mention to people about getting a sound system just to play a Dolby Atmos mix from a blu ray.
Impulse_Response
quote:
quote:

Basically if you can check it on one of the 2016 or 2017 LG OLED displays, or the Samsung higher end 2016/2017 models, you're laughing. It's worth it

So I understand that you have used expensive cameras and microphones, and had it shot in 4k to future proof the content for the project and to get a extremely high quality snapshot of a Hardcore rave. Is the technicolour grading and Dolby Atmos mix again for future proofing? The reason i ask is because I would guess that the number of people who have equipment that can utilise 4k content and a dolby atmos mix to be in the low numbers. Perhaps this number will increase as time goes on, but then does the average fan of hardcore care about these technologies? I know i do, but i'm typically in the minority when i mention to people about getting a sound system just to play a Dolby Atmos mix from a blu ray.

It could also be that they are trying to cater to the highest tier of consumer. You can always start with high quality and reduce it for those without the proper setup, but you can't do the opposite.

I'm a video and sound nut, but I can't afford a 4K TV and Atmos surround sound. I will one day, though, and then I can enjoy Blu The Rood in its full glory.
CDJay Doing things to this standard opens doors. It already has. There is zero chance of break even on this project even if we sold 3000 units. We're investing in the future of our scene, and label.

I've always said we demonstrably turned water into wine, what if we had a vinyard? This is what happens when an audience shows faith.

CDJay

CDJay
quote:
quote:

To go into slightly more detail, whilst remaining somewhat vague, we had already committed to the 7.1 mix as a stretch goal and done a lot of prep towards it. We managed to take that work and get the entire Atmos mix done in a single day. Interestingly, and in line with my thinking, the guys who helped us with it said they *always* mix in Atmos at this point as even for 5.1 they find they get a better result. The workflow breaks away from the "per channel" train of thought. In the same way that video or audio mastering often is done at a higher resolution (or bit-depth, be that audio or color information) than the intended result, it appears the same is true for multichannel.

Almost as crucially, none of this has been done in isolation. We *never* do anything in isolation as to survive, never mind make progress, in this industry we've had to approach it like a game of chess. Even late last year, after the HH album was out, there was a meeting of major players from which we were excluded and at which we were at best ignored and more likely maligned. Whatever inroads we'd made towards scene integration, and cross pollination, over the past few years is seemingly undone. That's the backdrop of 2017 a crucial year for the wider genre.

It's only by raising the bar unrealistically high, and relentlessly overachieving, that we stand any real chance of being allowed to hang around. Even that will seemingly only earn us studied indifference from our peers but I'll take that over the alternative.

There's still pieces of this puzzle to throw out, some near and some medium term. Strap in, kids!

CDJay
GrahamC Do you ever think about just walking away from Hardcore?

The effort you put in to be ignored by the rest of the scene, frankly it's disgusting. I'd love to know their reasons.

If I were you I would go do something else somewhere where your input and product would be appreciated and welcomed. Get out while you can, before the 'major players' finish doing the 'scene' up the @rse and you end up being financially exposed. You guys have talent, real talent, you should go any apply it somewhere else.

Hardcore is well and truly on it's way down. The so called top tier are just styling themselves as boyband members, churning out sh1te for the adoration of teenage girls who fawn all over them, all the while having to pleasure a few brainless fecktard MCs who, when not spewing nursery rhymes will falsely out them as pedos.

I am excited for the products I have invested in this year but HU's output alone does not do enough to hold my interest (that's not a criticism but one label cannot sustain my hunger for content) and while I have no idea what else I am going to listen to, I know I am getting the hell out of this.

Samination tbh, if it wasn't because Ravers doesnt see what happens behind the scene, he wouldn't have to make comments like that.

it's 50% twats and 50% ignortant fans
CDJay HAH!

I have locked in the thing that was holding the backer survey up.

(I am suitably happy with myself )

Expect the news IMMINENTLY!

CDJay
djDMS I'm tingling slightly
arpz Hurry up with it then dude! :D :D
CDJay The backer survey is more work than I thought; I'm too burned out to complete tonight. Was against the click locking everything in before the holiday weekend (Dolby, BBFC, Technicolor, Point1post, Royal Mail, YouTube who are U.S based and better get helpful soon)

Tomorrow a.m. Pinkie swear I'll premiere something

CDJay
Captain Triceps
quote:
Dolby, BBFC, Technicolor, Point1post, Royal Mail, YouTube who are U.S based and better get helpful soon

Is that the lineup for your next US event?
CDJay

CDJay
GrahamC Is it in 3D?
arpz Image is broken for me on phone but wasn't earlier.

No 3d but atmos soundtrack and 4k uhd! Do you wanna miss that? Would be cool if some of you forum types came down south and said hi!
djDMS Really tempting.

Will have to see how it fits in with work
CDJay I always said the idea was to enable us to do something cool. The screening will be tech, music, general press. The scene at large may be myopic but the reach of this is actually quite impressive. It legitimizes the genre by proxy.

We have fairly impressive industry partners. We are operating at a level way beyond the scrabbling politics that has crippled our scene. Why chase when you can lead?

CDJay
GrahamC
quote:
Image is broken for me on phone but wasn't earlier.

No 3d but atmos soundtrack and 4k uhd! Do you wanna miss that? Would be cool if some of you forum types came down south and said hi!

I am seriously thinking about it, Train is in the region of 3.5x my kickstarter pledge and I would need a hotel on top of that but looking into it seriously.

Thats assuming I can even get a ticket to the cinema!
CDJay You're a backer. Front of the queue

edit: Backer survey *finally* gone out! We did it as a per tier newsletter in the end. If anyone wants to get their name in the credits or secure a seat to the Premiere act fast

CDJay
Rodz90 CDJay, Southampton is far!!! will you not be doing anything around West Midlands / Warwickshire area for some kind of screening? Y'know since you guys are from around here as well :)
Impulse_Response I was very excited to see the recent backer email! If I weren't in the US and were in England, I would go to that viewing.
_Jay_

Not going to be able to make this screening event, but buzzing that it's all coming to fruition for you guys eventually.

Jon, when are various things getting posted out? I need to give you my new address mate.

Impulse_Response
quote:
CDJay, Southampton is far!!! will you not be doing anything around West Midlands / Warwickshire area for some kind of screening? Y'know since you guys are from around here as well :)

Is it really? Google Maps says it is around two hours. I just drove four hours from San Antonio to Houston, and it isn't that bad for a one-time or occasional trip.
CDJay
quote:
CDJay, Southampton is far!!! will you not be doing anything around West Midlands / Warwickshire area for some kind of screening? Y'know since you guys are from around here as well :)

We had to select that venue, as every other cinema has laser projection/3d sound on one, maybe two, screens at the most. Given that Guardians Of The Galaxy 2 is out, and it's a bank holiday weekend, we'd never be able to hire one of the main screens.

At the Southampton Showcase Cinema De Lux *every* screen has laser projection/3d sound. . We're screen 3, btw!

There'll be a fair few people going down both for the day, or staying overnight, I reckon you could find a posse to travel with!

_Jay_ you can PM me your addy on here and I'll update the shipping info

There *might* be a Stateside screening in L.A. Couldn't really hold the backer survey up any more than we otherwise had, but shall keep everyone updated!

CDJay

arpz In case anyone is wanting to make a weekend of it, there's Marleys event the day after called Electrik - https://www.facebook.com/events/1234357166655343/

DJ SY
SUPREME & MOB - Turbulence Classics
DJ VINYLGROOVER - History of Set
THUMPA - Freeform
SPECIAL K & CLODHOPPER
JAKKA B vs MIZEL & WILSON
GEOS CREW & SCANDAL
DEKAY
RACHEL VEGA

MC STATIC
Mc MARLEY
Mc SHARKEY
Mc SKATTY
Mc CASPER
Mc 3MAN
Mc MONO
latininxtc
quote:
quote:

Is it really? Google Maps says it is around two hours. I just drove four hours from San Antonio to Houston, and it isn't that bad for a one-time or occasional trip.

4 hours? How fucking slow do you drive? There must have been major traffic or an accident somewhere because it's usually 3hrs.
latininxtc
quote:
quote:

We had to select that venue, as every other cinema has laser projection/3d sound on one, maybe two, screens at the most. Given that Guardians Of The Galaxy 2 is out, and it's a bank holiday weekend, we'd never be able to hire one of the main screens.

At the Southampton Showcase Cinema De Lux *every* screen has laser projection/3d sound. . We're screen 3, btw!

There'll be a fair few people going down both for the day, or staying overnight, I reckon you could find a posse to travel with!

There *might* be a Stateside screening in L.A. Couldn't really hold the backer survey up any more than we otherwise had, but shall keep everyone updated!

CDJay

I'll PM you my new addy as well!
GrahamC Paid my extras now, super psyched!

Can't make the movies as I am on call that weekend :( but my wife says I can by a 55" Samsung 4k Telly & a PS4 (with the new Wipeout) to make up for it :)
Impulse_Response
quote:
4 hours? How fucking slow do you drive? There must have been major traffic or an accident somewhere because it's usually 3hrs.

I actually started in Boerne and drove all the way to the NASA area, so I had to go all the way across both cities plus a little extra.
latininxtc
quote:
quote:

I actually started in Boerne and drove all the way to the NASA area, so I had to go all the way across both cities plus a little extra.

So you lied!!!
trippnface **Backer only deluxe edition of the long awaited "Blu the Roof".
UHD Blu-ray/Blu-ray combo, contained in limited edition packaging with additional USB containing:
1080p Digital Copy of video content
Stereo audio mixes in .wav format
Stereo music only mixes in .wav format
Exclusive unmixed tracks in .wav format
Gallery, general bonus content fun ;)

so this is even more extra stuff that can be added now; that we have not already pledged for?

CDJay GrahamC; fair warning, the PS4 (or Pro) doesn't play UHD Blu-ray discs. Absolutely F**ing stupid decision by Sony IMO. I'd wait for the Xbox Scorpio, personally. Or get a second hand Xbox One S for now Samsung 55ks8000 is solid for the money!

"**Backer only deluxe edition of the long awaited "Blu the Roof".
UHD Blu-ray/Blu-ray combo, contained in limited edition packaging with additional USB containing:

so this is even more extra stuff that can be added now; that we have not already pledged for? "

Nah, it's the same "deluxe edition" anyone who pledged at ?45 or above will be getting. It's just listed as an add-on in case someone wanted an extra copy for a friend (or posterity). It's not very clear, as various high level backers have asked to tack on the USB. No need!

Great response, heartening stuff.

CDJay
GrahamC Thanks

It has to be a PS4 so I can play Wipeout (been my fav game for years and years now) but I will just tack on a Samsung BD player as well that supports it, they have a small enough footprint and it will be hidden in a cupboard anyway :)

The 55KS8000 is exactly the fella I am after though :)
CDJay Cheapest Samsung UHD Blu ray player is north of ?200, fair warning

(normal BD players won't handle UHD discs, even if they can upsample standard Blu rays to 4k)

CDJay
_Jay_
quote:

Done bro! :-)

Triquatra Awesome news about the UHD combo! We've a 4K screen but I don't honestly think we'll ever buy a UHD player.

I mean it seems a bit odd, technology is surely moving virtual now, we own maybe 7 blu-rays and the only reason for that is because we became stuck for ideas what to get each other for christmas...and the other 5 for ?1 each at a car boot. Literally everything else is streamed over DLNA from the PC upstairs. The blu-rays basically never get put in because cba waiting for all that loading, and trailers blah blah blah.

So I can only imagine that the amount of UHD media we will ever own will be in the region of about 1. XD

Don't get me wrong, I think it's *cool* that we'll have a UHD combo, but in the scheme of things a 4k file on a thumb drive would be more accessible! ;)
martinj1985 yeah the problem with netflix style/ usb style files is the compression, the netflix 4k stuff to me looks like what blu-ray is! never watched a uhd blu-ray yet!
Chwhynny We wanted a 100gb uhd Blu ray for bitrate, but as it's low light and minimal scene changes uhd66 will do. Had to press 3000 units mind. Not kidding when we say it makes every rave/concert film look like 240p by comparison. The lighting and environment are like a best case showcase for hdr. Accidental win.
CDJay
quote:
Awesome news about the UHD combo! We've a 4K screen but I don't honestly think we'll ever buy a UHD player.

I mean it seems a bit odd, technology is surely moving virtual now, we own maybe 7 blu-rays and the only reason for that is because we became stuck for ideas what to get each other for christmas...and the other 5 for ?1 each at a car boot. Literally everything else is streamed over DLNA from the PC upstairs. The blu-rays basically never get put in because cba waiting for all that loading, and trailers blah blah blah.

So I can only imagine that the amount of UHD media we will ever own will be in the region of about 1. XD

Don't get me wrong, I think it's *cool* that we'll have a UHD combo, but in the scheme of things a 4k file on a thumb drive would be more accessible! ;)

We think ahead; the bulk of the cost is in filming, grading and authoring.

Having the first uhd blu ray in dance music, with a premiere, buys us press and clout. Those same assets work on Youtube and other services down the line. We were shooting high, but initially only in genre comparison. Full credit to Fracus, he spent 10 days assembling and editing! The first few 4k YouTube videos included a K-pop thing that got 25 million hits very quickly thanks to tech press and readers.

This is the best genre showcase we've ever had. I plan to use it. Thanks to y'all ❤

CDJay
Samination
quote:
GrahamC; fair warning, the PS4 (or Pro) doesn't play UHD Blu-ray discs. Absolutely F**ing stupid decision by Sony IMO. I'd wait for the Xbox Scorpio, personally. Or get a second hand Xbox One S for now Samsung 55ks8000 is solid for the money!

"**Backer only deluxe edition of the long awaited "Blu the Roof".

so this is even more extra stuff that can be added now; that we have not already pledged for? "

Nah, it's the same "deluxe edition" anyone who pledged at ?45 or above will be getting. It's just listed as an add-on in case someone wanted an extra copy for a friend (or posterity). It's not very clear, as various high level backers have asked to tack on the USB. No need!

Great response, heartening stuff.

CDJay

Unless UHD uses different kind of laser, I wouldn't be suprised that they will add it to a update later on.
CDJay Public tickets to the premiere are now up, and we've created an event page on facebook

https://www.facebook.com/events/121061325113546/

A mere month away!

CDJay
latininxtc This might be a dumb question, but since this will be screened at a theater, would that actually make it eligible for any type of awards?
CDJay No idea, haven't dared think about the immediate logistics required for the current horror

CDJay
ViolonC Did Blu the roof finally ship at some point? Probably should have written earlier but nothing has reached me so far and the premiere has been for a while...
arpz Not yet :)
CDJay Ripped from newsletter:

"The financial black hole that our Blu The Roof project has become continues to make steady progress towards completion and delivery. It's so late, and cost us so much money and time and... life force, that it HAS to be 100% as good as it can be. It looks and sounds amazing, but there were some issues with levels when the 5.1/7.1 mix was "folded out" of the Dolby Atmos track, and could make it sound a bit... odd in places. So... it's been fixed, at yet more expense and time, but it'll be re-authored for disc inside the next week or so, and then we can just manufacture it, send it out to you and actually enjoy what is, after all, still actually a REALLY cool project. It's just nearly killed us all. UHD Blu-ray is a new format, and even some of the major Hollywood studios have been forced to do recalls; this is for the ages (UK Hardcore has beaten Ti?sto and Deadmau5 to the punch, ffs!) and it's only thanks to your support and patience that such a thing is feasible."

This is pretty much our weapon, going forward. The knives are out, the narrative is being rewritten and we 'aint part of it as it currently stands. If anyone wants HU to exist in a years time, trust me when I say this is pretty much all we've got to stand against 2012 Redux and the army of the undead

CDJay
Craigavon raver Is it near ready for shipping yet?
CDJay Yep, just waiting on confirmation for relpication timelines and some final menu revisions.

Will have a confirmed release date, for backers, this month, and perhaps even nail a commercial release date. (We're likely going to have backer/pre-order exclusive covers, and retail ones with review quotes etc.)

CDJay
firefly_NZ Has anyone received their copy yet?

Last email update in Oct last year said "Finally Ships On Feb 2nd", but haven't heard a peep about it since nor any response from HU to email enquiries...
kazukism92
quote:
Has anyone received their copy yet?

Last email update in Oct last year said "Finally Ships On Feb 2nd", but haven't heard a peep about it since nor any response from HU to email enquiries...

https://www.facebook.com/HULtdOfficial/posts/1531138520328244?comment_id=1531148510327245&comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22R%22%7D

According with this... they said will be the next... I hope so.
CDJay We sent it off to manufacturing... and then got hit by some clearance / legal issues. We've essentially had to abandon everything but the F&D set, for some reasons that will be self evident and others that won't.

Once we ship, and have initiated suitable action(s), I'll shout about the litany of reasons and betrayals very loudly indeed.

CDJay

trippnface
quote:
We sent it off to manufacturing... and then got hit by some clearance / legal issues. We've essentially had to abandon everything but the F&D set, for some reasons that will be self evident and others that won't.

Once we ship, and have initiated suitable action(s), I'll shout about the litany of reasons and betrayals very loudly indeed.

CDJay

wtf!!!

luckily gammers set was shit anyway.

too bad about M projects though.

man, i should ****in watched the showing in sf >.> the hangover was real.
Cyrax Did this ever get sent?
djDMS Not yet
Thumpa I've moved house since I paid 4 years ago, can I please have a refund haha
kazukism92 **Waits in a weird desesperation while I listen other style of Hardcore music**

So, before christmas... what happened?
trippnface ****, lol
djDMS Another few months and we can officially call It old skool ;-)
latininxtc FYI I've moved since this project was a thing. Not asking for a refund but for sure a heads up when it, if ever, it will be ready for release so i can give you my current address. Y'all also have a lot of stuff I've ordered but said to hold off until this is released so you can send that together which I'm now regretting that decision lol
Coolgamer God damn, I missed out on a lot of stuff. I wouldn't have had the funds back then, anyway.

I suppose there's no chance in hell of getting my name in for a set now, eh? WOuld kill for the Blu-Ray and audio cd sets.
arpz It'll be for sale normally as well whenever it's actually released so you'll still be able to buy it :)
Coolgamer
quote:
It'll be for sale normally as well whenever it's actually released so you'll still be able to buy it :)

Yeah, but the backer only collectors edition is listed with Audio CDs of the sets.

See a few people asking about refunds. Just saying, I wouldn't mind putting dosh in and getting a set.

I have OCD and a collection viewpoint, CDJay already knows I'm good for it. Bought all the digital sets he's offered so far. All for the sake of preservation.
djDMS Sorry everyone, but it's been proven to be a hoax like the Momo challenge

trippnface lol
Ikstra
quote:
Originally posted by Coolgamer:
God damn, I missed out on a lot of stuff. I wouldn't have had the funds back then, anyway.

I suppose there's no chance in hell of getting my name in for a set now, eh? WOuld kill for the Blu-Ray and audio cd sets.

I got the ambassador tier (25 copies of the collector's edition). Shoot me a PM on here before it gets shipped.
Cyrax Cdjay

If I made some funny memes about this would you and Gaz laugh it off or get really upset?
djDMS
quote:
Originally posted by Cyrax:
Cdjay

If I made some funny memes about this would you and Gaz laugh it off or get really upset?

Premature use of the word 'funny' there.
Samination Well, it is a kickstarter effort after all. Meme away!
kazukism92
quote:
Well, it is a kickstarter effort after all. Meme away!

Time to recover all the memes done in the past about the BTR thing.
CDJay Meme away.

CDJay
Coolgamer
quote:
Originally posted by Ikstra:
quote:
God damn, I missed out on a lot of stuff. I wouldn't have had the funds back then, anyway.

I got the ambassador tier (25 copies of the collector's edition). Shoot me a PM on here before it gets shipped.

Sent you a PM. I'm good for paying for it and whatnot should it ever come about.

Right now I'm on a quest to save a bunch of hardcore history, so I've been importing a bunch of cd-rs of live events and other things at risk of deterioration without data archival.
Craigavon raver Was actually forgetting about this ffs lol is it gonna be out anytime soon?
djDMS Just had a good laugh reading back through the topic. Still really looking forward to it.

I've asked for the sets to be played on the 10th anniversary of my death.

I was hoping for it to be at my funeral but I probably only have about 30 years left

MusicILove Does anyone have their backer Survey yet? On Facebook it says it?s shipping next week.
djDMS Facebook can say what it likes, I haven't heard a thing.
djDMS Besides. Last I saw, the outstanding albums, newsletter AND Blu the roof were all due at the end of August.
MusicILove They probably mean next August. I?m done spending money with them. I?ve got 4 outstanding orders. Plus Blu The Roof.
I don?t know who runs their Facebook but to say next week they must know it?s a lie. They haven?t asked for revised shirt sizes. More than a year after my TNC collectors edition order I still not got my T-Shirt so they know they can?t get new ones made and surveys done in a week.

The lies make things worse.

Coolgamer I mean, I have a rather large CD order I'm waiting on, but at least I didn't fall into the Kickstarter or collectors pits. I'll probably keep supporting them since not many other people are releasing historic labels. It does seem they have some supply-side issues, though.

At least it gives me time to save up for other things.
djDMS I'll carry on waiting as I always do.

I certainly don't think I'm being lied to or ripped off or anything sinister like that.
MusicILove I?m not saying ripping off what I?m saying is they surely know they won?t ship them next week. If they can?t ship a shirt & clock in 1 year then they can?t do a survey, Get responses, order shirts and get them packaged and send them off to us.
That?s what I?m saying. It?s an unrealistic goal.
HU feel free to prove me wrong I?m waiting.
7 days to go. Not counting Sunday because can?t ship anything on a Sunday.
djDMS I haven't seen the latest newsletter, can anyone fill me in?
MusicILove From the news letter sent out on the 2nd of September
quote:
Blu The Roof: *IT'S DONE*

Yes, we can't believe it either.

After more false starts and hard learned lessons than seem feasible to fit even into the extended gestation time, we've finally completed this passion project. Kickstarter Backer Surveys are being sent out again in case T-shirt sizings need changing, or addresses need updating. We'll send a separate survey to people who pre-ordered from our site, in case of any address changes. All backer upgrades will be sent along with the physical product, *except* the posters, which will be shipped separately at the end of the month (they're still Stateside, and we will retrieve them at Hardcore Heaven LA for domestic US shipping and bring them back to the UK for local and ROW shipping).

We've held a fair few private screenings over the weekend, using the Ultra HD Blu-Ray in our screening room. You can watch a phone video of the disc going in and starting (the video will go black for a bit whilst the disc menu loads): HERE

Obviously it looks significantly better on a Native UHD HDR screen!

"Hardcore produces a kind of pleasure which we cannot do without. We were the very first to view it at HU HQ, and yes... it Blu The Roof." - Phil & Sarah Kirby

"It blu me away! It was just like being there, and now I regret not attending." - Christian Nadin

"Blu The Roof looking f**ing AMAZING!" - Chris Arnold

"You know me Jon, I'm a Drum & Bass guy, but this is f**ing sick man. When's the next one?" - Will Arnell

The Video https://live-yzowgpl.vids.io/videos/7c9ddbb31e18e6c2f4/20190901_225208-mp4
MusicILove BTW I really want them to prove me wrong. It would be nice to get a big box containing all the orders I have been waiting for.
djDMS For some reason HU newsletters have ALWAYS gone to my spam folder, which I cant now access for some reason.

Going to have to find another way to get mine.
MusicILove You can always view them online here
https://us3.campaign-archive.com/home/?u=e12be8cabc8069efc5224dab8&id=b292bfc02a
djDMS It's the backer survey I'm more bothered about
MusicILove
quote:
It's the backer survey I'm more bothered about

You will get that through Kickstarter most likely. You can log in to your kickstarter account and see if its been sent yet
Click on campaign and find the amount you backed. Underneath it currently says no surveys sent.
djDMS Good thinking.

Cheers
Si Thompson What even is this?
GrahamC Had a logon to Kickstarter as suggested, could not see the backer survey bit (although there was one around the time HH2 came out - not sure if you can do more that one??)

It's 4 years ago (ish) since this was funded. They should change the name to Old-Skool Blu The Roof :D
MusicILove
quote:
Originally posted by Si Thompson:
What even is this?

A Hardcore event DVD / Blu Ray Made by and featuring Hardcore Underground and Lethal Theory With a Powerstomp workout extra, Documentary and CD's of the Set's for backers who Paid the higher amount
Then
A Hardcore event DVD / Blu Ray Made by and featuring Hardcore Underground With a full Gammer set and a 15 Minute Powerstomp set. With a Powerstomp workout extra, Documentary and CD's of the Set's for backers who Paid the higher amount
Then
A Hardcore event DVD / Blu Ray Made by and featuring Hardcore Underground With a full Gammer set and a 15 Minute Powerstomp set. With a Documentary and CD's of the Set's for backers who Paid the higher amount
Then
A Flooded computer
Then
A Hardcore event Blu Ray & 4K Blu Ray Made by and featuring Hardcore Underground With a Download only full Gammer set. With a Documentary and CD's of the Set's for backers who Paid the higher amount
Then
A Hardcore event Blu Ray & 4K Blu Ray Made by and featuring Hardcore Underground With a Download only full Gammer set. With a Documentary and USB's of the Set's for backers who Paid the higher amount
Then
A Hardcore event Blu Ray & 4K Blu Ray Made by and featuring Hardcore Underground. With a Documentary and USB's of the Set's for backers who Paid the higher amount. Well that's where we think we're at. Although more could of changed.

Now your all caught up.

MusicILove
quote:
Had a logon to Kickstarter as suggested, could not see the backer survey bit (although there was one around the time HH2 came out - not sure if you can do more that one??)

It's 4 years ago (ish) since this was funded. They should change the name to Old-Skool Blu The Roof :D

The backer survey done in 2017 wasn't an official kickstarter one, it was just one they did by sending out emails to everyone that backed it.

To the right of your screen you will see the list of pledges. You're one should be at the top of the list. Just under the text telling you what you get it says about the backer survey.
Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by MusicILove:
quote:
What even is this?

A Hardcore event DVD / Blu Ray Made by and featuring Hardcore Underground and Lethal Theory With a Powerstomp workout extra, Documentary and CD's of the Set's for backers who Paid the higher amount
Then
A Hardcore event DVD / Blu Ray Made by and featuring Hardcore Underground With a full Gammer set and a 15 Minute Powerstomp set. With a Powerstomp workout extra, Documentary and CD's of the Set's for backers who Paid the higher amount
Then
A Hardcore event DVD / Blu Ray Made by and featuring Hardcore Underground With a full Gammer set and a 15 Minute Powerstomp set. With a Documentary and CD's of the Set's for backers who Paid the higher amount
Then
A Flooded computer
Then
A Hardcore event Blu Ray & 4K Blu Ray Made by and featuring Hardcore Underground With a Download only full Gammer set. With a Documentary and CD's of the Set's for backers who Paid the higher amount
Then
A Hardcore event Blu Ray & 4K Blu Ray Made by and featuring Hardcore Underground With a Download only full Gammer set. With a Documentary and USB's of the Set's for backers who Paid the higher amount
Then
A Hardcore event Blu Ray & 4K Blu Ray Made by and featuring Hardcore Underground. With a Documentary and USB's of the Set's for backers who Paid the higher amount. Well that's where we think we're at. Although more could of changed.

Now your all caught up.

How long have you all been waiting for this?
MusicILove
quote:
quote:
quote:
What even is this?

Then
Then
Then
A Flooded computer
Then
Then
Then

Now your all caught up.

Kickstarter page went up in August 2015. Backer Pledges went through September 2nd 2015.
Expected Delivery Date December 2015. Just in time for Christmas.
Ha Ha Ha.
Si Thompson
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
What even is this?

Then
Then
Then
A Flooded computer
Then
Then
Then

Now your all caught up.

Kickstarter page went up in August 2015. Backer Pledges went through September 2nd 2015.
Ha Ha Ha.

Wow. That's not good.
Coolgamer I missed out on backing it back in tbe day, no job and didn't even know it existed. Someone here got the ambassador tier though and said I might be able to pick up one of the complete sets once it ships. I feel for the people that have waited even longer then I have, though.
Freecloud
quote:
I missed out on backing it back in tbe day, no job and didn't even know it existed. Someone here got the ambassador tier though and said I might be able to pick up one of the complete sets once it ships. I feel for the people that have waited even longer then I have, though.

I bought my copy as part of the Hardcore heaven 2 pre-order bundle. Still waiting..........
kazukism92
quote:

Ha Ha Ha.

At least, we got a free EP in Christmas instead.

PS: I hope HU throws the BD with the package ordered back in January and April... long time!
Triquatra On the plus side...contrary to my initial thoughts toward the start of the thread 4 years ago - we now do own a UHD disc player, haha!

Now our (getting old) 4k tv is non-HDR, but the player IS HDR, so it's gone from the TV being better than the blu ray player, to the UHD player being better than the TV.

Either way, I don't think HU thought it would take quiiiiite this long, but as I say, the plus side is that the forward thinking at the start made the end result at least be still current with its tech!

Thumpa Can I have my 15 quid back please
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Thumpa:
Can I have my 15 quid back please

Shouldn't you ask Ajax if he paid Scott Brown before asking for money back yourself? :P
Freecloud Anybody hear anything yet?
djDMS Yep, it's coming very soon.

Backer surveys are going out so not long now.
DJ Bounce Love the way this seems to be working...

Basically radio silence for months on end with everyone disappointed, CDJay posts a terrible cryptic riddle along the lines of "I can say this but I won't say it and won't say that either but it's coming, believe me" and everyone is delighted again for another few weeks haha. I need to try this logic with my own business.
djDMS I don't think anybody is 'delighted'
DJ Bounce
quote:
I don't think anybody is 'delighted'

It's a slight exaggeration on my part, most seem to tick over contently after a wee pop up riddle. I mean I'm not saying it is a riddle, or it isn't a riddle... maybe you'll just have to wait and see, right? ;)

-SB
GrahamC Got an email of Friday to say HH5 is out.
kazukism92 Is a surprise to see HH5 out now, unexpected. Also I got noticed that Hardcore Heaven LA got an exclusive album, that maybe won't be hit on HU Store :(.

But what about of Blu The Roof, I remember that was finally shipping in August and nothing happen yet, even we had a demo video out there.

(PS: as a public question to CDJay or Chwhynny, is still having some troubles to ship to Chile or receive a tracking code? just asking #TakeYourTime!)
Craigavon raver Has anyone heard anymore or anything about this yet? got the e-mail a few months ago saying it was coming soon and backers would have them by the 31st august and that e-mail would be going out about change of address' or something like that, well i'm the same address, so that is no concern to me, but still didn't get the e-mail or haven't heard anything about it since, so was wondering did backers actually receive there copy yet? or do they know anymore about it and when it will come?

Triquatra I got an email on the 21st September requesting a reply if address or shirt size had changed.

I'd moved so I emailed back with a change of address...I'm still pudgy though, so the shirt remains L :P

and no, nothing in the post, yet, in the email it did say October for UK orders, which of course, we're still in :)
Craigavon raver
quote:
I got an email on the 21st September requesting a reply if address or shirt size had changed.

I'd moved so I emailed back with a change of address...I'm still pudgy though, so the shirt remains L :P

and no, nothing in the post, yet, in the email it did say October for UK orders, which of course, we're still in :)

Hmm intresting! well like I said I never received an e-mail about address, even though it doesn't concern me, as i'm in the same address, but wonder why didn't hear anything, unless backers getting there's sorted first, ah well maybe in time for Christmas
djDMS Must admit I expected it to have arrived or got further news by now.

Ah well, another year's wait wont hurt.
MusicILove
quote:
quote:
I got an email on the 21st September requesting a reply if address or shirt size had changed.

Hmm intresting! well like I said I never received an e-mail about address, even though it doesn't concern me, as i'm in the same address, but wonder why didn't hear anything, unless backers getting there's sorted first, ah well maybe in time for Christmas

Which Christmas?
Craigavon raver
quote:
quote:
quote:

Which Christmas?

Good point! Fingers crossed it will actually be this one!
MusicILove
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Which Christmas?

Good point! Fingers crossed it will actually be this one!

I would be so happy if that would happen. I just want to watch and enjoy it. I can?t wait.
MusicILove
quote:
Has anyone heard anymore or anything about this yet? got the e-mail a few months ago saying it was coming soon and backers would have them by the 31st august and that e-mail would be going out about change of address' or something like that, well i'm the same address, so that is no concern to me, but still didn't get the e-mail or haven't heard anything about it since, so was wondering did backers actually receive there copy yet? or do they know anymore about it and when it will come?

The backers were the only ones that got the email because of the merchandise. I?m also guessing either people don?t update their addresses on kickstarter or kickstarter doesn?t up date them with the latest addresses. For those that brought it from the store it?s all integrated into their system anyway so if you have a change of address your order would be updated with the new address when they ship it.
MusicILove RIGHT

deep breath.

In one of the previous newsletters they showed what appeared to be a disc going in to a Blu-ray player thus signalling to people that they had been manufactured now I read this.

quote:
It is completed. We're just awaiting having the spare funds to complete the manufacture whilst still being able to operate. It's so close!

So they were lying and giving people the wrong impression to shut them up.

So it?s NOT completed
It?s NOT over.
It?s NOT coming out before Christmas.

Does anyone remember that post where they said it would be out shipping next week.

I really HATE the lies.

I thought the Changes they made recently might mean that the lies with stop but obviously not.

?Mismanaged?
djDMS I don't particularly agree that we've been lied to.

The constant pressure from us to reveal more information has probably caused them to set targets that weren't achievable. I did believe that it was close when it was last mentioned (August/September?) but knew better than to expect it until I could see it.

I'm still looking forward to getting it, but also couldn't care less whether it comes or not.
MusicILove
quote:
I don't particularly agree that we've been lied to.

The constant pressure from us to reveal more information has probably caused them to set targets that weren't achievable. I did believe that it was close when it was last mentioned (August/September?) but knew better than to expect it until I could see it.

I'm still looking forward to getting it, but also couldn't care less whether it comes or not.

I feel that video was an attempt to mislead. Also that Facebook post. It takes more than 1 week to manufacture that amount of Blu Rays. Or maybe it?s my fault for believing them and getting excited for it to arrive when it wasn?t even close. That?s why I feel I?ve been lied to.
trippnface let's blame Gammer.

sounds fair to me
Samination for once, this isn't gammers' fault... well except for that one time when he didnt bother promoting his album on HU (and went and released an other album music monday, and DID promote that)
DJ Bounce HUGate still going I see? Mental.
Freecloud More lies......
Samination I'm unsure if it's lies, or the inability to get things done... oh, just like Brexit
Triquatra
quote:
oh, just like Brexit

Somehow I doubt that 3/4 of HU are actively trying to stop things from being released.

kazukism92
quote:
Originally posted by Freecloud:
More lies......

What about to not ship stuff directly to Chile for look a courier.

Sounds strange.
djDMS Poor communication? Yep.

Unrealistic targets? Definitely.

Broken promises? Probably.

Lies? No, not how I see it.
MusicILove
quote:
Poor communication? Yep.

Unrealistic targets? Definitely.

Broken promises? Probably.

Lies? No, not how I see it.

I disagree.
DJ Bounce
quote:
quote:
oh, just like Brexit

Somehow I doubt that 3/4 of HU are actively trying to stop things from being released.

By the looks of it now I wouldn't rule that out

MusicILove From the Hardcore Underground Facebook

quote:
All the component parts and authoring / mapping etc is all complete. We just need to complete the actual manufacture process of the actual discs themselves. It's as frustrating for us as I'm sure it is for you, but we can only work with the funds we have available to us.
DJ Bounce The expression "you've been bumped" springs to mind tbh.
MusicILove I'm going to let this go. I have wasted too much energy and time on this. If it happens it happens if it doesn't oh well.

The next time I shall post on this thread will be when it arrives or never. No matter what is said I will not bring it up again.

djDMS Downloading now.

I must admit I was pretty much over it but still looking forward to seeing it in all its glory.
MusicILove
quote:
Downloading now.

I must admit I was pretty much over it but still looking forward to seeing it in all its glory.

Please tell me this isn't a troll. Seriously is it up.
MusicILove HOLY **** IT'S REAL
IT'S FINALLY HERE
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
MusicILove

IM SO HAPPY.
MusicILove As I enter the last 2GB of the download I want to say this.

For the last 4 years I have said to myself before I lose my sight I want to see Blu The Roof. I honestly gave up. I never thought this day would come but here it is.

In further good news my sight hasn't decreased in the last few months.

What a week this has been and what a way to end it.

I'm so happy.

Thank You HU for making this happen. I know I doubted you and gave up but I'm so glad you didn't. I will never doubt you again. I'm sorry for doubting you.
MusicILove For this very special occasion I'm going to break my diet and have a big bar of chocolate while watching.

Always keep an emergency celebration chocolate bar handy.
djDMS Enjoy!

Well deserved.
kazukism92 HOLY FFFFFF... wait physical thing incoming?
djDMS
quote:
Originally posted by kazukism92:
HOLY FFFFFF... wait physical thing incoming?

Digital now for backers and preorders. Physical planned for end of the month.
MusicILove That was amazing.

I was in tears for a lot of it. I never thought I would be able to see it. It was exactly what I wanted. I have seen DJ's playing on YouTube where they take a Go Pro and film but this was a million times better. Now I know what it's like to go to a rave. Something I thought I would never experience. This meant so much to me!!!!

Thank you to everyone who made this happen and I'm sorry for being an arse. Hardcore Underground have achieved something amazing and I hope after everything that happened they don't regret it. I will support Hardcore Underground forever from now on. No matter what.
MusicILove I feel truly awful for the things I have said over the last 11 months.

I'm sorry I'm so sorry.

I regret every word typed.

They might have delays all of the time and they might go silent on us for a long time but they always deliver. No matter what. I feel so bad.

I need to try and make it up to them. Somehow.

I'm so sorry I lost faith. Will never do it again.
arpz Go to a rave dude. You can go alone and no doubt leave with pals
MusicILove
quote:
Go to a rave dude. You can go alone and no doubt leave with pals

I wish I could.
DJ_FunDaBounce
quote:
quote:

I wish I could.

Saw a bit of the footage a while ago. was oozing with the american candy vibe.

I'm guessing the rest must be very impressive.
kazukism92 Time to wait for the physical preorder not kickstarter (FFFFFFFFF). I hope this one gets shipped with the epic package that I ordered during the last year.
(Seriously... DaFuq Royal Mail?, DaFuq HU?)
Coolgamer Lucky ducks. I have to wait for the physical, and then wait for my contact to resell a copy to me since I missed the original Kickstarter.
GrahamC Who is driving the limo at the start? Or did they spend all the kick-starter on a self-driving car? :D

I like that they shot it in scope rather than just 16:9

Makes me regret not going to the cinema showing now but the train prices we just not realistic :(
danielseven So happy to finally watch this at home again! Even if I must admit that seeing that during a premiere at San Francisco was more amazing! :)
djDMS Spoke too soon.

Mine plays without sound.
MusicILove
quote:
Spoke too soon.

Which version did you download?

What program are you trying to use to play it back?

How large is your file?
djDMS
quote:
quote:
Spoke too soon.

Which version did you download?

What program are you trying to use to play it back?

How large is your file?

Downloaded the 1080p version, about 14+ gb I think.

Honestly don't know what I tried to play it on, also tried casting to tv with no luck. Is there a particular program I should try? (Windows 10)
MusicILove Try VLC.

When you open it in VLC right click on the video window or select from the top audio then go to audio track and select stereo. Hopefully that worked. I did notice when I put in handbrake to convert it in to an iPad friendly format it says there are no audio channels. Perhaps it?s the way the file is encoded. Also handbrake wouldn?t Complete the convert it gets 1 minute then crashes.
MusicILove I just managed to use VLC to make an audio only copy for my iPod.

It's the most useful program ever.
djDMS Thank you, I'll check it out
GrahamC Try the Klite Mega Codec Pack as well as VLC
djDMS Just got it playing on VLC
trippnface What is an MKV file and how do i get it to play xp
Samination
quote:
What is an MKV file and how do i get it to play xp

download VLC or "K-lite codec pack"

For Windows
https://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html For all in one player. Should work out of the box.
https://codecguide.com/download_kl.htm If you still wish to use Windows' own media player (you only need to get the basic one. Standard is prefered though, since Media Player Classic is a good player for those who miss the old Windows XP version of Windows Media Player)
DJ Saiyan Great, now everyone can see the couple instances of me dancing like a fool behind Nick and Gaz in glorious 4K.

Not gonna lie I was hoping this was never gonna come out just so nobody had to see that lol
trippnface
quote:
quote:
What is an MKV file and how do i get it to play xp

download VLC or "K-lite codec pack"

For Windows
https://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html For all in one player. Should work out of the box.
https://codecguide.com/download_kl.htm If you still wish to use Windows' own media player (you only need to get the basic one. Standard is prefered though, since Media Player Classic is a good player for those who miss the old Windows XP version of Windows Media Player)

ty!
Samination Time to get me'em'd then? ;)
trippnface pretty sick!!

sound quality is nice!

Fracus & Darwin always throw down, energy is so on point. Will be pleased to show this to friends that never get hardcore.

Really a shame Storm didn't get recorded though, his set absolutely went off even harder.
robertybob
quote:

Arpz, did you notice any differences between this new version and what we saw at the screening in Southampton? For it to have been delayed this long because ?issues? I?d be hoping to see some major differences.

Still gutted they scrapped the ability to listen to it without the MC
GrahamC
quote:
Originally posted by robertybob:
quote:

Arpz, did you notice any differences between this new version and what we saw at the screening in Southampton? For it to have been delayed this long because ?issues? I?d be hoping to see some major differences.

Have they? That sucks :(
djDMS Maybe that might change in the finished (physical) version?
trippnface I am sure we get the cd's without mc, we did pay for that , correct?

Enemy is ****ing horrible, the set's are 100% better without him screaming & repeating non rhyming lyrics.
robertybob
quote:
quote:
quote:

Originally they were going to have different audio streams on the Blu-ray you could select, one being with MC, one being without. Im sure I read CDJAY writing somewhere this had been scrapped because there wouldnt be enough room on the disc, but to the very high quality of the recording, or something like that. Pissed me off because I wouldnt have backed the Kickstarter if Id know they would do that, with the MC on it I can?t bear to watch the thing :(

We were also promised an MC-free album and they better not scrap that too!
arpz
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Originally they were going to have different audio streams on the Blu-ray you could select, one being with MC, one being without. Im sure I read CDJAY writing somewhere this had been scrapped because there wouldnt be enough room on the disc, but to the very high quality of the recording, or something like that. Pissed me off because I wouldnt have backed the Kickstarter if Id know they would do that, with the MC on it I can?t bear to watch the thing :(

We were also promised an MC-free album and they better not scrap that too!

Wasn't that a thing for Live @ Rehab as well?

Anyway, with regards to differences... I don't think so. There probably are some, but it'll be for the audio-visual chin strokers to do with colour grading I think
djDMS I'm nowhere near the world's biggest MC Enemy fan but I enjoyed the whole 'experience'.

Just the music on it's own would be nice though.
GrahamC The MC-less Rehab MP3s did appear eventually. I have them on this computer somewhere
djDMS
quote:
The MC-less Rehab MP3s did appear eventually. I have them on this computer somewhere

Really?

Never knew that. I don't even have any digital version of the album.
MusicILove
quote:
quote:
The MC-less Rehab MP3s did appear eventually. I have them on this computer somewhere

Really?

Never knew that. I don't even have any digital version of the album.

https://hardcoreunderground.co.uk/store/view/hu-presents-live-at-rehab-digital-copy
djDMS Yeah, I meant I never got the digital rights to the album.

Don't fancy buying it again just for the MC free mixes.
robertybob
quote:

No .cue files though, just 1 continuous mix (mp3) for each disc
MusicILove
quote:
Yeah, I meant I never got the digital rights to the album.

Don't fancy buying it again just for the MC free mixes.

Unfortunately I don?t think we will get the rights. In the end I brought them.
Alex Threat My Blu The Roof is here!
GrahamC Mine too, minus just about everything that was in the 45 pound tier

I have the bluray & the 4K - could have paid ?15 and gotten the same thing. There's no audio discs, no audio downloads, nothing.

Once again, feeling very bitterly ripped off by CDJay & co at Hardcore Underground. This was endlessly hyped when they still posted here, Blurays, DVDs, CDs & a USB along with a Tshirt and a whole lot of NOTHING.

I'd drag them to small claims court if it hadn't been a kickstarter, sadly now its a complete and utter loss of trust in HU. No matter how good the product, no faith they would deliver what they say.
arpz
quote:
Mine too, minus just about everything that was in the 45 pound tier

I have the bluray & the 4K - could have paid ?15 and gotten the same thing. There's no audio discs, no audio downloads, nothing.

Once again, feeling very bitterly ripped off by CDJay & co at Hardcore Underground. This was endlessly hyped when they still posted here, Blurays, DVDs, CDs & a USB along with a Tshirt and a whole lot of NOTHING.

I'd drag them to small claims court if it hadn't been a kickstarter, sadly now its a complete and utter loss of trust in HU. No matter how good the product, no faith they would deliver what they say.

From Facebook -

CDJay - The music only and stereo audio sets are ready to roll out with the newsletter

CDJay - Newsletter going out shortly, steelbooks, posters and other backer rewards will ship shortly but we (understandably) wanted the standard version out to everyone ASAP 😂
robertybob
quote:
quote:

From Facebook -

CDJay - The music only and stereo audio sets are ready to roll out with the newsletter

CDJay - Newsletter going out shortly, steelbooks, posters and other backer rewards will ship shortly but we (understandably) wanted the standard version out to everyone ASAP 😂

When was this? There?s been nothing posted since Jan on the HU Facebook page and / or group?
arpz
quote:
quote:
quote:

From Facebook -

When was this? There?s been nothing posted since Jan on the HU Facebook page and / or group?

Earlier on in the ush group, I'd imagine there'll be more soon
robertybob
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

From Facebook -

Earlier on in the ush group, I'd imagine there'll be more soon

Oh I see! That?s good news.
I was wondering why nothing came up in my newsfeed and it seems I?ve been removed from the group ..
arpz no idea about that, reapply I guess
GrahamC
quote:
quote:
quote:

From Facebook -

How hard would it have been to print that on a bit of paper and stick it in the envelope?
Samination I expected CDJay to write on this forum before rejoining facebook o.O
arpz You've got email. If not, here's the relevant text

4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray / Blu-Ray Now Shipping & Briefly Available For Direct Sale!
+ The Ultimate Ultra HD Rave Experience - Dolby Atmos Surround Sound

As if this week couldn't get any more surreal, further evidence that we've finally gone through the looking glass is the news that Blu The Roof (our ill-fated and much delayed Ultra HD Blu-Ray project) has now shipped! All Kickstarter backers and pre-order customers from the store have now had their copies sent with a few exceptions where we're actively chasing updated address and contact details.

This is an Ultra HD Blu Ray with a Dolby surround sound track (also 7.1, 5.1 and Stereo contained fold down for home viewing), graded by world-renowned Technicolor and with sound mixed at Point1Post in Elstree.

The upgrade packages (T-shirts, posters, steelbooks etc.) will all be shipped separately very soon, they're all underway, but we've waited so long for the actual finished discs that we wanted to just get them out to you the moment they arrived with no further delay.

The digital 4k/1080p variants were made available last month, and are now joined by the stereo audio and music only mixes for download.

This entire project has been problematic from the start, as we've made no secret of, and has undoubtedly cost us a huge amount of goodwill given the delay (not to mention tens of thousands of pounds of our own money) to bring to fruition. However but we could NOT fail in delivering it, despite that being the easier and cheaper option for us at almost every stage. The whole point was to capture a hardcore rave in the most immersive way possible, and with the cutting-edge nature of this release still way above industry standard, we believe that's what we've done.

From one of the other artists involved not even attempting to get his visa and abandoning the project, leaving us with a hastily secured last minute replacement which *then* resulted in insurmountable licensing issues, technical issues at various stages (including at the first cinema premiere), a whole host of other stumbling blocks and financial obstacles that have slowed down progress at every stage and cost us... a lot, it's been a *real* grind. But it looks really good! There's a lot we'd do differently now, and if this project does indeed prove popular still, we do have further interesting and genre-firsts in the offings already. We're not even done with this yet! Not only will we be delivering all the backer upgrades over the coming weeks, but there's more to be done with Blu The Roof yet. More news soon...
Samination
quote:
From one of the other artists involved not even attempting to get his visa and abandoning the project...

that's quite the accusation. Who was the artist? Joey Riot?

I presume any attempt of a behind the scene of this will take just as long as this? :P
GrahamC Yeah, I read that and my view has softened a little bit.

no mention in the email about the audio discs (although at this point I would happily settle for MP3s with CUE files) so will have to wait and see whats going to come or not come.

I hope they come good, I really do, just feeling really let down by them at the moment.

And I will standby what I said, they could have printed that there was more to come and slipped it into the jiffy bag *or* had thew newsletter out last night after the post had been picked up
MusicILove Mine came with a damaged case

My disc won?t go in the case. The plastic part of the holder was under the disc. When I opened it the disc burst out. Don?t know if the disc is ok.
Samination
quote:
Mine came with a damaged case

My disc won?t go in the case. The plastic part of the holder was under the disc. When I opened it the disc burst out. Don?t know if the disc is ok.

It'll be fine. A lot of the CDs I buy from Japan are like that, and the discs works fine
Impulse_Response
quote:
Mine came with a damaged case

Mine too. One of the plastic supports snapped. The disc looks fine though.
MusicILove It's still upsetting after a 4 and a half year wait to be storing the disc in a paper CD case. Like driver CDs come in. I would of expected better quality. Seeing as they spent so much on the video and audio work.
MusicILove GAMMER ADDED!!!!!!!!!!!!
MusicILove Please Please Please. Add the Audio download???? Really glad this was added. I wasn't expecting this.
robertybob
quote:
GAMMER ADDED!!!!!!!!!!!!

April Fools??
GrahamC Its the real deal!! Its good to see him working the mixer, looks crazy but obviously the output is incredible
Craigavon raver Gonna watch mine on Saturday night with a few beers! Saturday night vibes, hardcore style

It took 8.7 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page