Radio listeners 160+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 Making Tunes

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Exhile Any advice for poor old me who hasnt got a cle how to start his first tune.

Like what software to use ??

Peace, love and unity

Dj Francus
Dave Murray Fruity Loops 3.4 thats pretty good!

(/Dance Mothe®Fu©ke® On 2Tu®ntables/)
Hard2Get 3.56 would be better :)

StrifeII floops...yeah floops. still use it today :)
easy peasy

If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
Simon Definatly Floops....it's an awsome program .

Everything is random, your probebly not meant to read this!!!!!!

You Turn & Face The Strange..............You Turn & Face Yourself!!!
Exhile So whats with cubase then. Everybody seems to recommend this too

Peace, love and unity

Dj Francus
Hard2Get Cubase is thebest there is, just hardest to use (but easy when you know how like with most things) :P

Raver_Davie Cubase SX is like the Technics 1210 as in it's the industry standard. It isn't like Fruity Loops or Reason, with Cubase you make the sounds on external synth's (be it software or hardware) then use it to peice it all together.

Here's some of the manufacturer's sites where you can download demos of the software from, beware thought they are hefty!

Cubase SX - http://www.steinberg.net/en/
Reason 2.0 - www.propellerheads.se

Also try http://www.Dolphinmusic.co.uk as it sells computers built for music with some under £1000, I don't know how that would work out in your curency but it's worth a look just to see what's there.

Another one I look at is http://www.computermusic.co.uk/main.asp as it also tells you about publishing music and what those funny buttons and knobs do on the software you're looking for!

Dave!
Oli G
quote:
Cubase SX is like the Technics 1210 as in it's the industry standard. It isn't like Fruity Loops or Reason, with Cubase you make the sounds on external synth's (be it software or hardware) then use it to peice it all together.

its not, but no argue on here, we will confuse the ****er :D

CAM001 Out MARCH2003
Distribution Through Nu Energy & Imo
www.camelrecords.co.uk

\o/ <o/ \o> <o> /o\ _o/ \o_
Exhile so let me get this right. Cubase doesnt have built in samples whereas reason and floops does.

So theoretically if you like the way cubase works you could use a combonation of that and eg. Reasen??

Peace, love and unity

Dj Francus
itchy if u wanted to

DJ Mouse cubase is just a sequencer,by that i mean it's a program that activates sounds coming from your outboard gear (sampler, synthesizer etc) or your sound card. most if not all soundcards have general midi in them which is 127 different sounds plus a drum kit.

however if you have what's called a soundblaster live 5.1 or soundblaster platinum or audigy then you can map wave files into cubase using soundfonts.

--------------------------------------------------
"Did you know that eleven plus two is an anagram of twelve plus one?"

DJ Mouse
atomicb hmmm, u know I think I'll fire up Floops again, I'm inspired to give it another go, mainly coz of hard 2 get's sterling effort but mainly coz everyone says it's nice and easy and I only made shite with it :'(

Simon
quote:
Originally posted by atomicb:
everyone says it's nice and easy and I only made shite with it :'(

Believe me you are not alone there .

Everything is random, your probebly not meant to read this!!!!!!

You Turn & Face The Strange..............You Turn & Face Yourself!!!
Exhile I think it just takes a lot of time and effort and a lot of playing around

Peace, love and unity

Dj Francus
Raver_Davie
quote:
its not, but no argue on here, we will confuse the ****er :D

Not really, Hixxy and Styles told me that at Devastation in Cardiff when I had a brief chat to them, those were their words!

Dave!
Hard2Get
quote:
I'm inspired to give it another go, mainly coz of hard 2 get's sterling effort

Hehe thanks :)
I'm glad i could inspire you :)

Raver_Davie Speaking of producing has anyone entered the competition on Dougal's site?

http://www.essentialplatinum.co.uk

Dave!
DJ Mouse i would if i had access to a studio,can't do much with just soundfonts and gm

--------------------------------------------------
"Did you know that eleven plus two is an anagram of twelve plus one?"

DJ Mouse
Kaffine You don't need a studio to make rockin choonz, seriously. Just takes a little innovation and a lot of dedication and some nice softsynths... try purchasing fruity, absynth and a juno emulator and then download muon tau for your acid lines and you'll be churning out hardcore like a machine! There's also some mad rockin' samples on the kniteforce site for oldskool...

Hard2Get
quote:
Speaking of producing has anyone entered the competition on Dougal's site?

I was workig on the remix but i never entered :)
quote:
muon tau for your acid lines

Where could i get that from, i have been wanting a good synth to dothat for a while now :)
quote:
There's also some mad rockin' samples on the kniteforce site for oldskool...

That's where i got my first samples from :)
In fact, all the breaks i use were from there.

Exhile If you look ion the studio at Next generation and Quosh and for dj breeze you'l find reasen and cubase in all of them. That seems to be the choice. But then they are working with extenal hardware.

Peace, love and unity

Dj Francus
Kaffine Honestly, I'm not sure. I got it free on a computer music cover disk and for what it cost (nothing) it's EXCELLENT.

Well, actually... since it was free...

http://x2.matic4.com/tau.dll

Download that, that's the plugin. It does a pretty good job. :)

Dave Murray
quote:
Originally posted by Raver_Davie:
Speaking of producing has anyone entered the competition on Dougal's site?

http://www.essentialplatinum.co.uk

Dave!

yeah weasel is remixing that "Dont cry 4 me choon" 4 the comp sounds decent i will get the link...

http://www.geocities.com/djweaselcom/dontcryweaselclip.mp3

right click and save target as!

#Music takes you Round and Round and Round Round Round Round#
tommo Weasels remix ain't half bad is it.

Im just a bassline addict
Im just a hardcore addict
Im just a dancefloor manic
Why o why cant you just accept it.
Dave Murray And just 2 mention it aint finished yet!

#Music takes you Round and Round and Round Round Round Round#
Weasel lol, I dunno if the vocal works with it!

I don’t mean to be rude, it just come naturally
Kaffine Eh, no disrespect to weasel, but I don't think it's that good a remix. It sounds mad off key and is having the same effect as nails on a blackboard to me. All things said, it's good production. :)

Weasel I respect what your saying, but keep in mind its only a clip and wassent tweaked to what I wanted it to be and to tell you the truth I just chucked the vocal over it. I never said I was the best producer (Im a n00b really) infact it wassent even me who post the file up.

Exhile Hey respect to ya for trying.

Peace, love and unity

Dj Francus
Weasel cheers

Weasel cheers :)

Haeobogoblin I really wanna start producing and also have no real idea on where to start.
tryed cubase/reason/floops, didnt really get far tho :/

but now only one question remains: why oh why did i reply to this with no useful input?!

dj overdrive - Rugeley Truly hardcore massve :D

________///.:HARDCORE TILL I DIE!:.\\\________
viv_mush so say u made a slammin tune how would u get like it played at a event by say scott brown dougal hixxy or even sy =) ?? that b amazin !!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Im a raver not a crazy drug addict ..

Hard2Get
quote:
so say u made a slammin tune how would u get like it played at a event by say scott brown dougal hixxy or even sy =) ?? that b amazin !!

You would have to send your tune to them, and if they liked it enough they might play it :)

djmonoxide ^^ or if they are A$$ holes they could claim it as their own song. That would suck haha. I say make friends with studios get them to cut ur track on vinyl and play it urself!

I used to be a raver, used to take lots of E. Now I just smoke weed, and you know I will Succeed. :)

P.S. Weasel tweak all u want with ur track but good lord, won't do much good. I say start over sir!
Kaffine Dude, wow, that's two posts in a row where you don't mesh quite with the vibe of the board - careful dude! Don't be mean, heh. And no filesharing services, either ;P

djmonoxide ^^ Im a bad person beware. haha jp. sorry bout that it was late when i posted and i was a bit grumpy. sorry if i offended anyone.

I used to be a raver, used to take lots of E. Now I just smoke weed, and you know I will Succeed. :)
weba_d
quote:
Originally posted by Haeobogoblin:
I really wanna start producing and also have no real idea on where to start.
tryed cubase/reason/floops..

well.. thats proberly the best way to start out

It took 2.06 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page